Yesterday's post was just another warning to Lori's readers.  Question or disagree with The Godly Mentor and she will shame you on her blog and invite her readers to join her.

2 birds, 1 stone:

1)  Readers informed that Lori is always right and warned not to question God her.

2)  Lori gets the opportunity to gossip about one of her readers (and make herself look more "godly" in the process).

What's not to love?  Except this: 

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

First (GREAT) commandment: Love God

Second: Love your neighbor

GASP!  Not obey your husband?  Not be a submissive keeper at home?  

Also, Ken was NOT okay with us quoting statements Lori has made on her blog/in the comment section, equating it to looking through her diary and even impeding her free speech.  How is what Lori just did any different?

Also, when Ken and Lori want to violate what their readers present to them as Biblical principles (celebrating/not celebrating Halloween or tithing/not tithing), Ken and Lori call for grace and scream "freedom from the law" from the rooftops.  Why is it that their readers don't get that same grace or freedom?

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Koala said:

Yesterday's post was just another warning to Lori's readers.  Question or disagree with The Godly Mentor and she will shame you on her blog and invite her readers to join her.

2 birds, 1 stone:

1)  Readers informed that Lori is always right and warned not to question God her.

2)  Lori gets the opportunity to gossip about one of her readers (and make herself look more "godly" in the process).

What's not to love?  Except this: 

First (GREAT) commandment: Love God

Second: Love your neighbor

GASP!  Not obey your husband?  Not be a submissive keeper at home?  

Interesting that she posts about loving your neighbor while "warning" her readers that she will shame them and invite dogpiling from others on her blog.   Such a lovely woman, that Lori.

She has consistently used her blog to make examples of people and invite her readers to join her in shaming them.  It's amazing how that works.

SHE was the generous neighbor who sent her nanny/housekeeper (which no one but Lori should have) to clean her neighbors pigsty of a house.  Her NEIGHBOR was a complete slob who deserved to be shamed online.

That's not loving your neighbor.  That's using your nanny/housekeeper to gather information for you to gossip about online.

The Bible has several warnings about gossiping/carrying tales from house to house, which Lori seems to ignore, because let's face it, all God really cares about is submission and being a keeper at home.

I am also pretty sure that Lori is not following the Biblical model for how to handle disagreements among believers.  To follow Lori's logic:

The Bible doesn't say anything about posting your disagreements online and inviting others to join in and declare you the most right person ever in the history of rightness.

Actually, there are quite a few verses showing how Christ "submitted" to his church (or in biblical language, became a servant). But I'm not doing Lori's homework for her. She can look them up herself.

Oh look, more evidence for the "her socio-emotional development has been stalled" theory. She's acting more like an angry kid losing a video game (TrollArch on YouTube has a few good examples of how that sounds if you are curious) or someone on the internet with the similar mindset losing an invalid argument just about anywhere. More twisting of God and Bible to suit her individual need than the usual mindless cussing and incredibly graphic "what should happen to you" statements, sure, but the overall message remains the same.

The mass amount of arrogance she displays is what separates her from the other two examples above. I don't know about you but I would see it a badge of honor to be shamed on her blog. It means I'm not like her, I don't think like her and that's a GOOD thing in my mind. I would be much more dissappointed in myself as a human if I was shamed at, oh say, People You'll See in Hell or Dreamin' Demon or Free Jinger personally.

On December 11, 2015 at 2:08 PM, louisa05 said:

That may be your own anecdotal experience, but statistically, for Catholic high schools, it is not true. Catholic high school graduates are less likely to leave the Church than cradle Catholics who do not attend Catholic high school (for reasons unknown, no such correlation exists for Catholic elementary/middle school). 

Study from Georgetown U: 

http://cara.georgetown.edu/Publications/SchoolsandDisaffiliation.pdf

My experience has been that the Catholic kids who've had religion shoved down their throats are the most likely to leave the Church. I had friends whose parents sent them to Mass and told them to bring the Sunday bulletin home as proof--so naturally the kids stopped by the church, picked up a bulletin, and went out for ice cream.

In contrast, my parents told us that, once we hit our tens, it was up to us to go to Mass if we thought it was important. As a result, my sisters are still devout, and I was till I hit my 50s and went UU.

@Hane "My experience has been that the Catholic kids who've had religion shoved down their throats are the most likely to leave the Church. "

This was my dad - my grandmother did push it at her kids, and when he moved across the country, he stopped going.  He did take me, but I picked up a lot of the Mass and ritual, and not things like "you can't be Catholic and pro-choice".

Oh, for pete's sake. In today's post about rebuke, Lori tells us that if we have our feelings hurt when we are rebuked, we are satanic.

I am a Christian, and I do agree that there is a place for rebuke and correction. Not doing the right thing may be a sin, but having hurt feelings when someone is showing us what we are doing is wrong is most definitely NOT a sin. (The Psalms are full of hurt feelings when facing the realization of weakness and failings.) And if we are "sensitive" (quotation marks and italics are hers, not mine), we are satanic? Really? It's like she's becoming a caricature of herself.

Translation: She realizes that she has said some things that have upset some of her readers, and she'd rather than think about the possibility that the manner of her rebuke is the problem (along with the fact that she is not the actual arbiter of biblical truth). 

She ticks me off more than any other fundie.

10 minutes ago, molecule said:

Oh, for pete's sake. In today's post about rebuke, Lori tells us that if we have our feelings hurt when we are rebuked, we are satanic.

I am a Christian, and I do agree that there is a place for rebuke and correction. Not doing the right thing may be a sin, but having hurt feelings when someone is showing us what we are doing is wrong is most definitely NOT a sin. (The Psalms are full of hurt feelings when facing the realization of weakness and failings.) And if we are "sensitive" (quotation marks and italics are hers, not mine), we are satanic? Really? It's like she's becoming a caricature of herself.

Translation: She realizes that she has said some things that have upset some of her readers, and she'd rather than think about the possibility that the manner of her rebuke is the problem (along with the fact that she is not the actual arbiter of biblical truth). 

She ticks me off more than any other fundie.

Yes, I noticed that.  She's said it several times before, and even wrote a post about it:
http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2011/07/self-pity-is-satanic.html

In another post she wrote:

The day before, my dad was visiting me and gave me a foot massage and read some of My Utmost For His Highest to me as I sat with frozen peas on my head.  He read about self-pity being satanic.  I know that.  I rarely give into self-pity because I know it is evil. 

She wrote in the comments of yet another post:

I remember telling one of my children that self-pity is Satanic. Any word that begins with self______ {selfish, self-pity, self-absorbed, self-seeking, self-realization} is not a good quality to have and not something we are called to be or do!

Self awareness anyone?
Today she said:

If you are the "sensitive" type who gets your feelings hurt when exhorted or corrected, it is the same as getting offended easily and falling into the trap of self-pity which Oswald Chambers said is Satanic. 

So here's what I'd like to know:  Not one time does she cite the Bible when asserting that self pity is satanic. Labeling something as "satanic" seems pretty out there to me, so I guess I am just wondering what she's basing it on other that the word of Oswald Chambers??? 

8 minutes ago, Koala said:

Self awareness anyone?

Or self-control? http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2015/09/a-godly-woman-is-disciplined-woman.html

Negative feelings are not satanic. I'd post a comment on her blog asking her what she's basing it on, but she'd tell me that I'm disagreeing with the God of the Universe and I'd get my feelings hurt and, well, you know what that means....

Isn't this the same couple whose little feelings were hurt so bad that they contacted Google and Ken came here to preach at us and explain the error of our ways for stating the obvious:

Lori Alexander is a Monster who relishes telling about beating on her kid and encourages women to stay in abusive relationships.

And Ken Alexander is a misogynist who believes women working is the whore of babylon, while accepting money from dental offices owned by and / or filled with working women. 

All I'm going to say about Loriken is what a fucked up couple, marriage, way of life...

Mr. Xtian and I have been through hell and then some and we're still together...but if I tried to "obey" Lori's advice my husband would want to know what was WRONG with me!

Lori, you're a fucking MONSTER...abusive bitch and have NO right to be writing about marriage OR motherhood

Ken...you're a sick fuck who is a total ass-groping fuckwad douchebag.

I noticed this a while ago, but am not sure if I mentioned it or not.  When you google Lori Alexander now, one of the "similar sites" or whatever at the bottom of the page that gives you other search options, Free Jinger is one of those options.

You guys and your evil goggle tactics! :google-tactics:

Reader:

I lost my mom last year, and yes, it hurt. And I have a tendency to get depressed sometimes, but my husband wouldn't let me. He flat out told me "look, you just have to get over it and go on with life. You can't dwell on it". 

(Of course the poor woman is praising her husband for doing the right thing.  Couldn't have her grief standing in the way of having his dinner ready and house clean, now could we?  There's HIM to think about!)

Lori:

You have a very wise husband, Happy Homemaker. Yes, it is fine to grieve but if it goes on and on it can easily turn into self-pity and sin. The best thing to do is to begin serving others and getting back to the tasks that the Lord has given us.

24 minutes ago, Koala said:

I lost my mom last year, and yes, it hurt. And I have a tendency to get depressed sometimes, but my husband wouldn't let me. He flat out told me "look, you just have to get over it and go on with life. You can't dwell on it". 

Yeah, because telling someone not to feel what she's feeling is the best way to prevent depression. :annoyed:

Lori isn't wrong to say that serving others can help us move forward through our grief, but would it have been such a bad thing to include "I'm sorry for your loss" in her response? She doesn't have an ounce of compassion in her.

On 12/12/2015 at 11:19 AM, Florita said:

Holy salvation by works, Batman! Lori is on a heresy-laden roll today.

Commenter “Women” [sic] sez:

LORI underlined, not me. Crazy “Women” thinks she doesn’t have to agree with Lori.

Then saith St. Lori:

Lori quotes Jesus out of context. In the Bible a couple paragraphs later, Jesus explains, “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.” (John 15:12) Note that the commenter did not say anything about not having faith or not loving others, she just said that she has an egalitarian marriage.

Saith St. Lori:

Lori adds a commandment! Instead of 2 (Love God, Love Others) it’s 3 (AND Obey!) The TRUTH that Lori’s preaching is works-based salvation. She’s telling the commenter her salvation is in danger (the slippery slope) if she only loves God & her neighbor without the “work” of being a submissive wife in a complementarian marriage.

"Please don't be your own god, women." How ironic that Lori should think that about others but not see that is exactly what she just did.

I read that and couldn't quite believe that she'd written something so far out there. I'm not perhaps the best Christian out there, and I make tons of mistakes, but that she so blatantly espouses a works-salvation theology shocked me. Then I remembered that this is Lori and she has no compunctions about twisting the Bible to fit her own nasty view of the universe.

Lori also linked to a blog about how people survived during the Depression: http://thesurvivalmom.com/survival-wisdom-great-depression/

Along with failing once again to comprehend the depth of poverty out there(then and now), the article allows Almighty Lori to complain about the sense of "entitlement" that Americans today have. The article features some historical inaccuracies, as well.  It included this interesting tidbit about saving money, which made me wonder WTF I just read:

1. Clothing had to last as long as possible and women (mostly) became expert seamstresses, especially at alterations. One creative woman used the fabric from the inside of a casket to sew beautiful holiday dresses for her children.

bitch oughta talk to me about surviving on 1400 bucks a month and food stamps...I'll school her little hippy-dippy ass...bet she's never set foot in Dollar General or the 99 cent store...

Sorry...4 days until he gets his check, we're broke as fuck and can't afford fkn toilet paper right now.

59 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

bitch oughta talk to me about surviving on 1400 bucks a month and food stamps...I'll school her little hippy-dippy ass...bet she's never set foot in Dollar General or the 99 cent store...

Sorry...4 days until he gets his check, we're broke as fuck and can't afford fkn toilet paper right now.

Sorry. I've been there, too. Every time she talks about buying organic food or how if you just want it enough you can make it on one salary, I am reminded just how out of touch with reality she is and how dangerous her "teaching" is.

1 minute ago, molecule said:

Sorry. I've been there, too. Every time she talks about buying organic food or how if you just want it enough you can make it on one salary, I am reminded just how out of touch with reality she is and how dangerous her "teaching" is.

We used to be able to make it on one salary...mine...but then again I was making good money. But...that's gone and here we are. I'm beyond cheap as hell and can seriously eat well on our food stamps...but it involves shit like going to the 99 cent store and actually COOKING!

2 hours ago, amandaaries said:

Lori also linked to a blog about how people survived during the Depression: http://thesurvivalmom.com/survival-wisdom-great-depression/

Along with failing once again to comprehend the depth of poverty out there(then and now), the article allows Almighty Lori to complain about the sense of "entitlement" that Americans today have. The article features some historical inaccuracies, as well.  It included this interesting tidbit about saving money, which made me wonder WTF I just read:

1. Clothing had to last as long as possible and women (mostly) became expert seamstresses, especially at alterations. One creative woman used the fabric from the inside of a casket to sew beautiful holiday dresses for her children.

Surely, surely this was fabric from an unused casket...:pb_confused:

I went to check this out and the very first sentence made me "WTF?"

It was the best of times, it was the very worst of times. America’s Great Depression of the 1930s was a time of starvation and subsistence survival for many families.

No...it was seriously just the very worst of times.  

1. Families traveled to wherever the work happened to be. They stuck together as much as possible.

Just like in the Grapes of Wrath, amiright?!

1. Most people were willing to do any type of work. My own relatives became moonshiners!

Survival wisdom: become a drug dealer!  Be willing to do ANY type of work, no matter how illegal!

1. There was virtually no sense of entitlement. Everyone knew they would only survive if they worked hard to do so.

Yes, there was no sense of entitlement whatsoever from the already rich who fought the Social Security Act tooth and nail.

1. Many men joined one of the government programs that were part of the New Deal. One group, the Civil Conservation Corps, built dams, roads, campgrounds, and were trained in fire fighting in national forests.

Great survival tip, I'll join the CCC straight away!

That she can quote as above, whilst having lived a life which included a nanny/housekeeper, and a very comfortable middle class lifestyle, makes me wish I could wave a magic wand and exchange her with a working single mother with several kids  - even for just a week. What's that programme called - Wife Swap? Can you imagine Ken with an independent, strong minded, working woman for a week? And Lori having to work and run a home?:laughing-rolling:  Well, I can dream - or should we suggest it to the producers?:wink-kitty:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived