Reading through the comments.  That post was from back in the day, before the Interwebz disagreed with Storage Sociopath and he had to up and pretend to move the whole family to Alaska. :pb_lol:

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On December 18, 2015 at 0:27 PM, Koala said:

Reader:

Lori:

Freaks...

Can you imagine what these people talk about around the dinner table??  What on earth would have brought about such a conversation??  I would have died of embarrassment.  

On another note, you gotta love the reader who thinks birth control makes men gay:pb_confused:  I will never know where they come up with this shit.

I don't think I ever heard the words anal sex cross my father's lips. I'm okay with that.

Lori (or Debi Pearl, not sure if she's quoting-- she is basing this blog post on Pearl's book) think that women are all going crazy when they hit 40....

By the time many women are entering their fortieth year, they are teetering on the edge of mental instability. They have spent several years of their life irritated at their husbands, daily feeling hurt and responding with coldness and bitterness. Instead of practicing being thankful and merry, they are practicing bitterness.* Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled {Hebrews 12:15}.

And why?  Because they are "doing marriage their way."  I am here to tell Lori I have always done marriage my way and have never been bitter, even at 40.  In fact the year I was 40 was a lot of fun! But then I didn't marry just for a meal ticket, my husband would never drag me out into the snow in my nightgown (I suppose if the house were on fire) and never had to give me an ultimatum to get me to love him. 

I'm older than 40 now, and have not spent any years irritated at my husband or feeling hurt daily. From what I can tell, it isn't that the men are supposed to act any differently, Lori thinks the wives are supposed to suck it up and not be irritated/hurt.  My belief is not to marry a guy who irritates you are hurts you and you won't have to bury your hatred to have a holy marriage... But what do I know, that probably isn't God/Lori's way. 

Lori just can't stay away from the Duggar drama.  She's like a teenager girl plastering posters of her favorite band all over the wall.  

Lori:

After the whole Josh Duggar sex scandal came out, I was encouraged by others to write a Letter to Anna.

And why not?!  You don't know the people, you have no idea what's going on behind closed doors, and you have no experience dealing with the issues they are facing.  Of course you are qualified to write a letter advising Anna on how to proceed.  Who else?

Reader:

I was hoping you would comment on this. :-) 

Lori:

How could I not, Angela, since she is modeling exactly what I teach consistently on my blog! :-) 

*gasp* Maybe Anna read The Godly Mentor's letter and decided to stay!  Glory! :pb_rollseyes:  It could have been that she is literally surrounded by fundies (including her husband's enabling family) and felt she had no other way out, but nah...it was probably Lori.

Someone give Lori a medal.  She advised a mother of 4 to stay with a man who is literally a revolving door of sexual scandal.  He admittedly molested 5 girls (one of which was his 5 year old sister), and has probably been sleeping with every hooker from here to hell and back.  Why on earth would she leave?  **Scathing sarcasm**

Well but it doesn't matter if Lori knows the people or not, if her advice is always going to be, don't divorce your husband no matter what.

Lori:

After the whole Josh Duggar sex scandal came out, I was encouraged by others to write a Letter to Anna.

Besides Ken, who are these others who would encourage Lori to write Anna Duggar a letter?  Why would anyone besides them give a hoot what Lori thinks of the situation?

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2015 at 2:12 PM, Koala said:

Reading through the comments.  That post was from back in the day, before the Interwebz disagreed with Storage Sociopath and he had to up and pretend to move the whole family to Alaska. :pb_lol:

"Privileged To Be A Doormat" would make a good post count title, if it isn't already.

20 hours ago, kpmom said:

Lori:

Besides Ken, who are these others who would encourage Lori to write Anna Duggar a letter?  Why would anyone besides them give a hoot what Lori thinks of the situation?

Oh, these are the same couples they know (dozens, hundreds...NO, THOUSANDS!) who had bad marriages until Ken and Lori saved them. You know; all those wives who throw tantrums and all those husbands who just keep tirelessly loving them and serving them - the ones who argue over every teeny tiny thing in their marriage.

I strongly suspect Lori does not put much effort into running her blog. Certainly no planning or editorial calendars or the like. If she did, she might be able to get a big picture view of how often she contradicts herself.

5 hours ago, FundieFarmer said:

I strongly suspect Lori does not put much effort into running her blog. Certainly no planning or editorial calendars or the like. If she did, she might be able to get a big picture view of how often she contradicts herself.

I think the deal is simply more basic than that: she is simply not *smart* enough to figure it out.  Nor even to care.  What she's feeling at any given moment is the TRUE truth.  Period.  Ken's not a whole lot swifter--it's one of the reasons they both act betrayed when they are quoted back to themselves. . . .  The underlying truth of Lorken is that she married a meal ticket, whom she doesn't even like, and he married a sex kitten whom he loves, who is pretty much non-sexual and whom he can't seem to unlove.  And they're both willing to make up little stories so it doesn't all sound so damn sordid.

9 minutes ago, crazysnark said:

I love it...

Well, we call bulls–t on this horrible advice. If your husband is cheating on you, beating you or effing molesting little children, you have every right to get yourself far away from him. It is not wrong for Anna to divorce Josh. What is wrong, though, is staying with him and keeping their four children at risk. I’m not a practicing Christian, but that sounds more ungodly than divorce. Women of the world: Ignore this blogger’s words. You have every right to get yourself out of a potentially harmful situation. It’s time we kick this fire-and-brimstone logic to the curb for good.

She'll probably see a big uptick in blog hits but I don't think it's going to be the kind of traffic she wants. She's gonna be hitting the "delete" key so much, she might have to call for reinforcements. 

1 hour ago, sparkles said:

She'll probably see a big uptick in blog hits but I don't think it's going to be the kind of traffic she wants. She's gonna be hitting the "delete" key so much, she might have to call for reinforcements. 

Yep. No time for opening presents!  Grandma has comments to delete.

Big surprise: Ken is "all in" on the TLC's new Married by Mom & Dad :pb_rollseyes:

DIL to Lori's (public) Facebook:

Will you please show this to Ken? Steven and I saw a preview for it and were dying laughing. Too bad y'all don't have any more single kids! wink emoticon

http://www.tlc.com/…/married-…/about-married-by-mom-and-dad/

Lori:

I'll show him! I think we both have to admit, our children all did an incredible job finding their own spouse

Ken:

I am all in on this show. I think parents should be actively involved in helping to point their kids to great spouses even as the Lord ultimately does the match making. No one knows a person better than their parents, and parental marriage choices have proven to have a far better track record than non-parental involvement. Parents don't have to choose spouses for their kids, just be part of the decision making process so all can agree this is indeed the perfect choice.... like with you Emily smile emoticon! You left no doubt. ken

He is so creepy....so creepy.

I think it is best to try and not argue with anyone as believers since we are called to be peacemakers.

Says the woman who argues with her readers on an almost daily basis.

She must be speed-deleting, or hasn't received much hatred. Her Facebook page is devoid of any criticism...as usual.

'Your homework this week is to ask your husband if you are doing anything that makes him feel disrespected through your actions and words and see if he would point them out every time you act this way so you can begin changing.'

Do we get detention if we don't do our homework? Hahaha

3 minutes ago, Luvmyskinnyjeanz said:

'Your homework this week is to ask your husband if you are doing anything that makes him feel disrespected through your actions and words and see if he would point them out every time you act this way so you can begin changing.'

Do we get detention if we don't do our homework? Hahaha

Mother of Mary! (My mother's favourite  expression of disbelief that she had heard correctly...).

1 minute ago, sawasdee said:

Mother of Mary! (My mother's favourite  expression of disbelief that she had heard correctly...).

"Holy snapping duck shit!" ( my fathers expression lol)

I scanned this earlier.... did Lori just write that she wished her honeymoon had been more like the Pearl's honeymoon?  WTF?  Did she read some different version than we read?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived