IGNORED

Jessa Duggar Seewald Pt 5 - The Smug is Strong With This One

happy atheist

wearing make up in general doesn't make someone vain. That is not what I meant. Technically the one didn't have anything to do with the other. I did not express myself correctly there, and just wrote about both things in one post because that's how they popped into my head.

-Blessa, in general, comes across as vain to me.

-I don't remember Jill or any of the other ladies wearing a full face of make up during labor but I somehow expect Blessa to. I somehow thought make up would be the last thing the average woman would think about when she goes into labor but it seems I was wrong. I apologize.

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many people know their photo will be taken during the birthing process or at the very least, right after. So they often want to try to look as decent as possible.

I'm not a big makeup person, in general. But I did wear a little blush and powder for my c-section because I tend to look sickly with no makeup at all.

Many people know their photo will be taken during the birthing process or at the very least, right after. So they often want to try to look as decent as possible.

I'm not a big makeup person, in general. But I did wear a little blush and powder for my c-section because I tend to look sickly with no makeup at all.

Goootcha! I can see that. Learned something new today. Most new moms I have seen on my Facebook feed don't seem to be wearing any so I assumed unless you're on TV it's just not a thing. I stand corrected.

I think many of you condemning a "toilet birth" need to look at it from a slightly different perspective (sorry for the lame-o pun there...).

Birthing in the current trend of flat on your back is actually quite difficult and counter-productive. Birthing in a squatting position or on all fours allows gravity to help and alleviates a lot of pain from back labor, not to mention helping baby to spin into the correct position at the last minute. Sitting on a toilet is the next best thing behind squatting (which can pinch nerves in swollen legs and joints). In fact, my hospital bed modified to resemble a toilet seat. Ideally, one could labor on the toilet (the open space allowing for the stretching of the tissue while not applying any pressure to a crowning baby head) and then at the last minute lean forward into a squatting position or all fours to give birth.

Yes, it's a toilet. And yes, since we defecate in it, it seems gross to have a brand new baby on it. But if you look at the anatomy of a woman and the actual shape of the birth canal, it really can be an ideal and MUCH more comfortable way to labor and give birth.

You better believe that if I were giving birth on camera, my hair and makeup would be on point. As a non-famous person who will never be on tv, I wouldn't post a picture of my post-birth self on social media if my face and hair looked like I had just given birth.

Spotted: The Seewalds visiting Alyssa [bates] Webster and husband. Maybe Jessa can learn a small thing or two from Alyssa's pants-wearing, hair-dying self. (Is hair dye frowned upon in the fundie world?)

https://instagram.com/p/8CwKHsJAvK/

Can anyone verify the location? Are you sure it's in Florida? It's very interesting to me just how many Duggars have been seen in Florida lately.

Spotted: The Seewalds visiting Alyssa [bates] Webster and husband. Maybe Jessa can learn a small thing or two from Alyssa's pants-wearing, hair-dying self. (Is hair dye frowned upon in the fundie world?)

https://instagram.com/p/8CwKHsJAvK/

So nice that the Seewalds are unemployed and able to take endless trips to visit friends. :cry:

Weird. I wonder why they went to see John and Alyssa. I never got the impression before that they were particularly close friends with them. I'm guessing they were up to something else and just happened to be in the same area, but beyond that... I have no clue.

I think many of you condemning a "toilet birth" need to look at it from a slightly different perspective (sorry for the lame-o pun there...).

Birthing in the current trend of flat on your back is actually quite difficult and counter-productive. Birthing in a squatting position or on all fours allows gravity to help and alleviates a lot of pain from back labor, not to mention helping baby to spin into the correct position at the last minute. Sitting on a toilet is the next best thing behind squatting (which can pinch nerves in swollen legs and joints). In fact, my hospital bed modified to resemble a toilet seat. Ideally, one could labor on the toilet (the open space allowing for the stretching of the tissue while not applying any pressure to a crowning baby head) and then at the last minute lean forward into a squatting position or all fours to give birth.

Yes, it's a toilet. And yes, since we defecate in it, it seems gross to have a brand new baby on it. But if you look at the anatomy of a woman and the actual shape of the birth canal, it really can be an ideal and MUCH more comfortable way to labor and give birth.

I actually was aware that sitting/squatting/all 4s can make delivery easier. However, I think it was squicky that the Duggars had the whole thing, including the toilet birth filmed. Jill and Jana were making jokes about it on the show. Also I felt like Anna didn't have much control over her birth experience, since it was "directed" by producers. Also her doula saying "are you scared you're gonna go potty" is, to me, one of the more condescending things you could say in that situation.

Can anyone verify the location? Are you sure it's in Florida? It's very interesting to me just how many Duggars have been seen in Florida lately.

The Websters comment that the Seewalds can come and visit them any time, so that sounds like they did visit them in Florida?

Off topic but I can refrain no longer. What the fuck is the deal with commenters/leghumpers on the Duggars' and Bateseseses' (etc.) sites? Most come across as practically illiterate! The grammar! The spelling! Is this SOTDRT or just text speak? It's very distracting! Sorry. Carry on.

Also her doula saying "are you scared you're gonna go potty" is, to me, one of the more condescending things you could say in that situation.

Yeeeaaahhhhh. Im going to have to agree with you 1,000,000% on that one. I hadn't recalled that moment. How humiliating!

I wonder if the Bates--or just the Websters--will be included in one of the specials. Would UP even allow for that sort of crossover?

I doubt it since they are just specials. Nobody reported that they were taping them, it's just a photo.

I did my make up just before pushing, (yay epidural!!) and as I was being preped for my csection.(not emergency, just epilepsy) They couldn't get an IV after about 10 hours and delayed me until the next day, so I had lots of time! My post birth pictures are actually some of the best ones I've taken!

I can see not wanting or having time to do it if labor was intense or there was a need for an emergency csection. Also, if you just don't care for it or don't want it.

Also, I hope Jilly muffin gets to deliver Jessa's spawn. Lots of painful contractions, sweating, yelling and grabing of BinSeewald's hand until bruises appear. And, of course a healthy baby and mama. Just hoping a very long and uncomfortable labor and an infant who doesn't sleep. Maybe they'll rethink birthing as many warriors aganst roe v. Wade and the heathens.

Alyssa's caption says the Seewalds can visit any time, which sounds like they are at the Webster's. Plus, I believe Jessa is scheduled to appear at the Southern Women's Show or whatever in Orlando this weekend.

I did my make up just before pushing, (yay epidural!!) and as I was being preped for my csection.(not emergency, just epilepsy) They couldn't get an IV after about 10 hours and delayed me until the next day, so I had lots of time! My post birth pictures are actually some of the best ones I've taken!

I can see not wanting or having time to do it if labor was intense or there was a need for an emergency csection. Also, if you just don't care for it or don't want it.

Also, I hope Jilly muffin gets to deliver Jessa's spawn. Lots of painful contractions, sweating, yelling and grabing of BinSeewald's hand until bruises appear. And, of course a healthy baby and mama. Just hoping a very long and uncomfortable labor and an infant who doesn't sleep. Maybe they'll rethink birthing as many warriors aganst roe v. Wade and the heathens.

I don't wish a non-stop crying baby on them because honestly...I kind of worry about how they would handle that. I wouldn't want her to try some creepy "baby training" or something.

I just hope she has a boy. I want her and Jill and the rest of them to have nothing but boy after boy after boy...no daughters they can punt of their work to.

That was my first thought too, Clara. Who knows what they "purpose" to teach their newborns who cry too much! Ugh.

I actually agree with this - in fact, in the old days, birthing stools were basically toilet seats (as simple or as fancy as social class allowed), and you are essentially taking a really, really big dump out of the front instead of the back (I read in my EMT textbook when I thought about doing the course before I had no time to do so that if a pregnant woman in labor says she has to poop, DO NOT LET HER GET ON THE TOILET OR ELSE TOILET BABY WILL HAPPEN). I wouldn't want to give birth on an actual toilet because of my fears about drowning the baby by accident or all the poop germs (though plenty of women poop during birth, so I guess that's kind of a moot point), but it would be nice to have birthing stools or even a squat toilet/baby-catcher deal with a bar support (squatting to defecate is actually healthier for you because it's a more natural position and reduces the risk of hemorrhoids) in more hospitals and birthing centers.

So nice that the Seewalds are unemployed and able to take endless trips to visit friends. :cry:

Not unemployed. They work hard, cutting grass and such.

They have no fucking clue. All I can think of is Josh's okc profile saying he would tell a homeless person to get a job. They honestly believe all it takes to earn a good living is to do some yard work or painting for your dad...oh, making sure to update your blog so people know which gift cards you prefer.

I'm kind of glad I had my kids before social media was invented - putting on makeup was the last thing on my mind during labour! In my first photos post baby I look like I've...been labouring. Sweaty, dishevelled, exhausted, but overjoyed.

Jill looked like she'd been through a hard time in the first photo of her and Israel. Somehow I expect Jessa to have makeup on and hair done. Or maybe she'll surprise me and we'll see a Jessa headband...

And yes, the fear of pooping is real. It really does feel like you're going to. (And sometimes, you do.)

I like that, MatthewDuggar but, more importantly, what the hell have you done to/with your avatar???

Archived