IGNORED

Jessa Duggar Seewald Pt 5 - The Smug is Strong With This One

happy atheist

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jill and Jessa TLC specials coming!

bigstory.ap.org/article/83e5c6786a9f41709650813486333211/tlc-specials-focus-duggar-daughters-jill-and-jessa

Pretty much explains everything. Wow, the leghumpers in the comments are adamant that they all have real jobs.

While it wasn't the smartest decision to marry someone with no real job even while the TV show was going, it's especially bad now. I guess the specials will keep them going for a while, but that's not a long term financial plan. I think Jessa is the one who got most messed up when the show got cancelled.

This is *exactly* what I thought when I saw the post!!

We can only guess to whom or at what this scriptural injunction against idolatry is intended to apply. The pope is as good a target as as any for someone who covets media attention. What's that saying about pointing a finger at another and three pointing back at the self? I think it's safe to assume that Jessa lacks the humility to see the hubris of citing a scripture that also warns against the idolatry of family, childbearing, and self-promotion. The measure by which she judges others is the same measure by which she asks to be judged.

While it wasn't the smartest decision to marry someone with no real job even while the TV show was going, it's especially bad now. I guess the specials will keep them going for a while, but that's not a long term financial plan. I think Jessa is the one who got most messed up when the show got cancelled.

Yep, the timing was especially bad for Jessa, she's furious and it shows.

Jill and Jessa TLC specials coming!

bigstory.ap.org/article/83e5c6786a9f41709650813486333211/tlc-specials-focus-duggar-daughters-jill-and-jessa

This is horrible. There is absolutely nothing special, admirable, outstanding, or interesting about these two very ordinary, limited, unimaginative, moralizing young women.

But starring in these specials will certainly reinforce their illusion that they are extraordinary.

The smug is indeed strong in both of them.

This is horrible. There is absolutely nothing special, admirable, outstanding, or interesting about these two very ordinary, limited, unimaginative, moralizing young women.

But starring in these specials will certainly reinforce their illusion that they are extraordinary.

The smug is indeed strong in both of them.

So we'll see the birth of BinBob's spawn after all? Ga!

And we'll see Jill delivering a baby in some 3rd world hell hole?

Great. And, natch we'll get more the the 'rents dispensing "wisdom."

So, the Gravy train is safe for a few more months.

Sweet, precious Anna can be shown "struggling" to cope alone [like any other Mom] with FOUR!!! FOUR!!! kids.

And 'Siah, minus precious pieces of his heart will be shown to say "see? Our kids have freedom of choice?'

Now, can Jill be pregnant in time?? Can someone get engaged? then maybe...they can get their income, I mean "tv ministry" back...

Yep, the timing was especially bad for Jessa, she's furious and it shows.

I think JB and Michelle were extremely naive, even arrogant, to think their children were being raised too perfectly to have this TV show affect them.

I wonder if they even realize it now, in hindsight? During their developing years, during puberty, during the tragic teen years, these now kidult Duggars were in front of the camera being adored and admired. That HAD to have affected them and the people they are today. We see it most obviously with Jessa. But I wonder if JB and MIchelle even GET IT yet?

I once denied the idea and actually was a fan of their show in the early days. But now I do see, in hindsight, that children should just never be pushed in front of the camera like this.

So we'll see the birth of BinBob's spawn after all? Ga!

And we'll see Jill delivering a baby in some 3rd world hell hole?

Great. And, natch we'll get more the the 'rents dispensing "wisdom."

So, the Gravy train is safe for a few more months.

Sweet, precious Anna can be shown "struggling" to cope alone [like any other Mom] with FOUR!!! FOUR!!! kids.

And 'Siah, minus precious pieces of his heart will be shown to say "see? Our kids have freedom of choice?'

Now, can Jill be pregnant in time?? Can someone get engaged? then maybe...they can get their income, I mean "tv ministry" back...

I think this is very likely what is in the cards here. Give the "documentaries" an ambiguous enough title that it can become a show about anything they want and eventually sneak the whole fam back on tv sans Josh.

I have to wonder what the point of cancellation was if they are going to allow Jim Bob and Michelle to be shown in Jessa and Jill's specials. I haven't seen anything indicating the Duggar parents will be shown, but there's nothing yet to suggest they are being banned from the set, either.

No one wants Josh back on the air, but how long until 19 kids and Counting is back on the air, sans Josh, after this? :(

I wonder if Jessa will get an hour-long birth special...? Somehow I can't imagine her letting herself get filmed all sweaty and miserable while in labor. The Anna/Michelle/Jill birth specials always kind of creeped me out...tmi :hand:

So blessa gets her birth filmed after all. Whew, close one.

Just poor cousin Amy whose wedding wasn't on TV. Poor thing.

Will be interesting to see if they completely cut Jchelle and Boob. They would have to, I would think?

I hope Michelle and JB aren't on the show at all. I don't really see the point of these specials though. Uneducated women give birth every single day.

I hate that this just teaches girls how NOT to live their lives. I'm sorry but women are not lesser than men. And that's all their show is about.

I hope Michelle and JB aren't on the show at all. I don't really see the point of these specials though. Uneducated women give birth every single day.

I hate that this just teaches girls how NOT to live their lives. I'm sorry but women are not lesser than men. And that's all their show is about.

I am NOT defending them but at least Jill has some interesting things going on what with the Midwife certificate and the "Let's play missionaries" thing. At least she's trying. Blessa and Bin, not so much.

So if you have one special on Jill getting ready to be a missionary and one on Jessa becoming a mom, then what? These people aren't interesting together so how will they be interesting apart? Will Jessa and Ben going to take a trip to the petting zoo? Maybe go to a dairy farm and buy fresh milk? Will there be another absurd trip for no reason other than to film? TLC will just try and make 19 Kids with a new name but same plot when it wasn't interesting the fourth time they did it.

I am NOT defending them but at least Jill has some interesting things going on what with the Midwife certificate and the "Let's play missionaries" thing. At least she's trying. Blessa and Bin, not so much.

For reals. As far as I can tell, the only thing they have going on whatsoever is that they're about to have a baby. No jobs, no school, no personalities, nothin'... just having a baby. Wow.

The show will be all about Jessa packing. According to Michelle, it's what Jessa does best.

First, Jessa will be shown packing lunch for Ben when he goes out to help Jim Bob on the rental properties. As a bonus, she might also be shown packing snacks and lunches for various howlers who are working with Ben that day. Next, Jessa will be shown in the bathroom, where she takes her duck-faced selfies and packs her vast assortment of cosmetics into her train case so she can start her day. Then we will see a 10-minute montage of Jessa packing luggage for her entire family over the years, while the camera lingers awkwardly over the underwear she packs for the boys and men in the family, followed by...wait for it...Jessa packing her baby bag and suitcases for the hospital at the end of the special.

The baby might get 10 or 15 seconds of airtime, but let's get real here, this special will be all about Jessa's enormous life skill as family packer. :shifty-kitty: :wink-kitty:

This is a few pages late, but I wanted to say something regarding Ben being a pastor and thus Jessa being a pastor's wife

Pastor's wives are scrutinized so thoroughly by their congregation. They must always be graceful, poised, ever-serving, and selfless. And I just don't really see that in Jessa. Everyone will be constantly hanging on her every word and action, much like when she was on TV, but now it will be very different, because her parents will not be there to protect her from what they say. Her scrutinizers won't just be anonymous, faceless heathens in their living rooms, they will now be members of her righteous congregation that she must see and interact with every day. THAT will be quite a change. She will have to come face-to-face with the consequences of her actions in a very real way that she has never had to deal with before.

This is a few pages late, but I wanted to say something regarding Ben being a pastor and thus Jessa being a pastor's wife

Pastor's wives are scrutinized so thoroughly by their congregation. They must always be graceful, poised, ever-serving, and selfless. And I just don't really see that in Jessa. Everyone will be constantly hanging on her every word and action, much like when she was on TV, but now it will be very different, because her parents will not be there to protect her from what they say. Her scrutinizers won't just be anonymous, faceless heathens in their living rooms, they will now be members of her righteous congregation that she must see and interact with every day. THAT will be quite a change. She will have to come face-to-face with the consequences of her actions in a very real way that she has never had to deal with before.

I suspect that the idea of being a preacher's wife will appeal to Jessa but the reality will be very different. This, of course, assumes that Ben will actually get through any necessary training. He might, but given this special featuring his wife, it only delays going ahead and doing it rather than talking about it.

Knowing a lot of Pastor's wives of different denominations, I can tell you now that the only quality Jessa has that qualifies as pastor's wife is being a cis gendered female.

All the other qualifications? No. Not even a little bit.

TLC is giving them a platform again?

:pull-hair: :angry-banghead: :pull-hair: :angry-banghead: :pull-hair: :angry-banghead: :pull-hair: :angry-banghead: :pull-hair: :angry-banghead: :pull-hair: :angry-banghead:

Knowing a lot of Pastor's wives of different denominations, I can tell you now that the only quality Jessa has that qualifies as pastor's wife is being a cis gendered female.

All the other qualifications? No. Not even a little bit.

TLC is giving them a platform again?

:pull-hair: :angry-banghead: :pull-hair: :angry-banghead: :pull-hair: :angry-banghead: :pull-hair: :angry-banghead: :pull-hair: :angry-banghead: :pull-hair: :angry-banghead:

I had a terrible thought of a young woman coming to Jessa (as the pastor's wife) to confide in her about her own sexual assault and Jessa just downplays it and does more harm than good.

I had a terrible thought of a young woman coming to Jessa (as the pastor's wife) to confide in her about her own sexual assault and Jessa just downplays it and does more harm than good.

Naw, I see her getting absolutely eaten alive by the church ladies. I doubt she'd ever garner enough respect for anyone to come to her for anything, you know?

So if you have one special on Jill getting ready to be a missionary and one on Jessa becoming a mom, then what? These people aren't interesting together so how will they be interesting apart? Will Jessa and Ben going to take a trip to the petting zoo? Maybe go to a dairy farm and buy fresh milk? Will there be another absurd trip for no reason other than to film? TLC will just try and make 19 Kids with a new name but same plot when it wasn't interesting the fourth time they did it.

Yep, I bet TLC will be like before and send these bums on trips all over the place, just like before. Just like they have to do with the Kate+8 ect. specials because in their everyday lives, they do nothing interesting.

Naw, I see her getting absolutely eaten alive by the church ladies. I doubt she'd ever garner enough respect for anyone to come to her for anything, you know?

I do. Thanks for assuaging my fears.

Archived