IGNORED

All Things Dillard - Part 6

happy atheist

I really wish they would just come out and say the full story, for example:

Hey! We are going to be in Central America as SOS volunteers for a couple months while we get to know the ropes and language of the local people. We have a couple trips planned back to the US for various wedding and/or previously planned engagements and to finish packing up the house (although why we wouldn't have packed up knowing we were leaving way in advance is kind of strange IMHO) We plan to go back and continue to work alongside SOS ministries reps until we complete our languages classes.

I mean would that have really been hard? They didn't even have to give away any location data, there was no security concerns with such a statement, yet allowed then to be fully transparent.

The lack of transparency, only makes everyone ask what really happened, or what is really going on... and even worse, makes everyone question if they are even missionaries or planned on being missionaries. :penguin-no: :penguin-no: :penguin-no:

Yes, exactly. But honesty doesn't come easy to the Duggars. I thought that at least Derick had some mission background as I, like many, was under the impression that he was doing mission work in Nepal. Which did seem like an odd location for that sort of thing to me but whatever. Perhaps even JB was fleeced as to what he was doing in Nepal. Possible. It seems likely to me that Derick orchestrated this whole thing. Maybe Jill believes that she is doing real mission work. Maybe she doesn't understand what's going on. Sorry for the wide speculation here.

I thought that their church was paying for them to go. Usually, in my understanding, missionaries are paid or are representing a specific organization (ie LDS). Missionaries don't just show up somewhere. And being a volunteer who happens to be Christian does not make you a missionary. Missionaries do very serious work; it's not chill out with your baby kind of work.

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ETA- this is all so ridiculous! As "Christians" it seems these people do nothing to follow Jesus' example of meeting people (who have different lifestyles) where they are and loving and accepting them, GIVING to others, SERVING others, etc. It's all me, me, meme, with them! What Bible are they reading?!

They are reading a different Bible, their version of 'truth' is different from ours. It's so baked in at this point my bet is the Duggar kids think they ARE being truthful, this is their truth. It's becoming clear they also don't know what giving, kindness and work really are.

But who would have taught them any of that? JB and J'Chelle definitions are not our definitions and they have co-opted Jesus to back them up. It is indeed sickening... unfortunately, I don't think the leghumpers care one bit b/c Jesus has also granted them their own personal definitions for these things, in their own personal conversations with him.

I was also taken in by Derick. I should have known better. Oh well, at least I wasn't a crazy ass fool who sent them money. These people disgust me on every conceivable level.

My nondenominational Christian church views missionary work in a completely different way. We provide humanitarian aid. That is how you show Christ's love. And we don't boast about it. Our focus is strictly on the people we are helping.

I was also taken in by Derick. I should have known better. Oh well, at least I wasn't a crazy ass fool who sent them money. These people disgust me on every conceivable level.

My nondenominational Christian church views missionary work in a completely different way. We provide humanitarian aid. That is how you show Christ's love. And we don't boast about it. Our focus is strictly on the people we are helping.

But how will people know you're a good person unless you take 200 selfies with poor Central American kids who would rather stick toothpicks in their eyes than pose for photos with you????

Here is the Dillard's Privacy Policy in Pastebin form.

http://pastebin.com/QKPiFjbt

They sure do ask a lot of information...ssn, drivers license #, credit/debit card number, bank account number and they even tell you that they intend to run a credit check on you and share your financial data. You do not have to give any of that information to donate to a legitimate charity.

The telephone number where you can reach the "headquarters" is (501)246-8842.

That telephone number is for EverBright Media which is located on Narcissus Ave. in West Palm Beach. http://www.everbrightmedia.com/our-company.html

Their parent company is Learn Our History LLC. http://www.learn-our-history.com/Learn- ... ghts1.html They make "educational" videos and materials for kids that are sent and billed monthly to the credit card you provided likely.

Governor Mike Huckabee & Bradley Saft are the founders of Learn Our History LLC.

The credit card company that processes "donations" is called Cornerstone Payment Systems. (if you do a search google says the site may have been hacked).

Bottom line is that they are liars and they need to be investigated for fraud.

Agree that they should be investigated. This is disgusting.

Maybe this will be our third scandal before any more of Josh's misbehavior comes out, which IMHO is a matter of time.

Oh, what a tangled web this family keeps on weaving.

http://wonkette.com/594604/uh-oh-looks- ... -for-jesus

Please read this link, it's all about how the Dillards are FAKING that they are accredited missionaries. Guess it makes sense Jill is Faking as a mid-wife and Jessa is faking it that she passed the GED. :liar:

I'm not sure if there's a post that deals specifically with Dillards Ministries but apparently not only are they spending donators $ on air fair and what not, but they made it seem like Cross Church was backing them and that they had the proper credentials to convert people, but they were rejected and are not accredited missionaries cuz they do not have the proper credentials. So if they don't have the proper credentials and Jill isn't really a licensed mid-wife what the crap are they doing in South America, are they building houses? :angry-banghead:

So they R converting Catholics, but don't have the proper credentials which means the people they Convert will go to Hell and won't be Saved.. guess they figure since the people they R converting are Catholics and in their eyes those people are going to hell anyways, it doesn't matter. maybe to them it's better to be in Limbo than to be a catholic :cray-cray:

I think it's pretty shitty to fake church affiliation :liar:

So yeah they also had a going away party for "financial partners", my guess they did that #1 for the TV show, #2 to get some heat of from them, but giving people a 3 day notice about a potluck party just created more criticism. What are the odds that they asked for more $ during the party ?

post-12873-14452000908788_thumb.jpg

Yes, exactly. But honesty doesn't come easy to the Duggars. I thought that at least Derick had some mission background as I, like many, was under the impression that he was doing mission work in Nepal. Which did seem like an odd location for that sort of thing to me but whatever. Perhaps even JB was fleeced as to what he was doing in Nepal. Possible. It seems likely to me that Derick orchestrated this whole thing. Maybe Jill believes that she is doing real mission work. Maybe she doesn't understand what's going on. Sorry for the wide speculation here.

I thought that their church was paying for them to go. Usually, in my understanding, missionaries are paid or are representing a specific organization (ie LDS). Missionaries don't just show up somewhere. And being a volunteer who happens to be Christian does not make you a missionary. Missionaries do very serious work; it's not chill out with your baby kind of work.

Regarding Derick, it's possible that he managed to fool JB all along in thinking he was a legit missionary. Then again, maybe Derick is learning all too well how to integrate into a family of known liars and con artists. He might have no choice either because frankly I think anyone who marries into that family will lose themselves to the Duggar family machine. That doesn't make the grifting right and any way you look at it, it's still dishonest, but there's a part of me that thinks that the likes of Derick and Ben had no idea what marrying into that family meant and what it would do to them. I still think that JB and their wives, with the power of their father behind them, call the shots.

We keep on seeing the real ugliness behind the wholesome Christian family don't we? And I am not surprised because I always suspect there was plenty of shit going on behind the scenes.

I'm wondering, how will this news effect the TLC special? It was supposed to show the Dullards as they prepare to be missionaries IIRC. So, now it will be a special about vacations and language classes?

I wonder that too, but TLC never really explored. duggars controversies, when Michelle got preggers kid 19 & 20 , Michelle lightly touched upon the backlash. They never mentioned what Josh job was in D.C. Or Michelle Robocall. Hell their last special b4 Joshgate, when Michelle yet again said that if u show ur shoulders not only are u defrauding men but ur responsible for lustfull thoughts and actions the lady NbC reporter was like OKAY and quickly changed the subject.

I don't see how they couldn't mention it, I'm sure they will just minimize it like they did the molestation. It's crazy that they forgive Molestation, but not cheating on your wife... :cray-cray:

Regarding Derick, it's possible that he managed to fool JB all along in thinking he was a legit missionary. Then again, maybe Derick is learning all too well how to integrate into a family of known liars and con artists. He might have no choice either because frankly I think anyone who marries into that family will lose themselves to the Duggar family machine. That doesn't make the grifting right and any way you look at it, it's still dishonest, but there's a part of me that thinks that the likes of Derick and Ben had no idea what marrying into that family meant and what it would do to them. I still think that JB and their wives, with the power of their father behind them, call the shots.

We keep on seeing the real ugliness behind the wholesome Christian family don't we? And I am not surprised because I always suspect there was plenty of shit going on behind the scenes.

. Was Derrick doing legit missionary work in Nepal, they never really explained he was doing there. Is Derrick perhaps an accredited missionary but his credentials are from another church? .. This whole thing just raises a lot of questions about his time in Nepal... Hell right now , I don't think he even spent 2yrs in Nepal, me thinks it was all a Ruse to nab one of his daughters, lol I knOw Conspiracy Theory, but lack of credentials, faking church association, grifting $$$ this shit is just insane ...

:pull-hair: :wtf:

I really think Derrick is consumed by wanderlust. Which is fine, but why can't hey just admit that? It must be shrouded in "having a heart for missions". Many people young and old, sometimes pick up and experience life in our countries and cultures without the need to claim missions work. But then, I suppose they couldn't grift for Jesus. The Walmart stint still has me scratching my head. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would think it's fairly competitive and he was lucky to have gotten a job there. I have no clue if he has any other work experience or what his GPA was in college, but it seems like such a throw-way that he only lasted there a short time.

I really think Derrick is consumed by wanderlust. Which is fine, but why can't hey just admit that? It must be shrouded in "having a heart for missions". Many people young and old, sometimes pick up and experience life in our countries and cultures without the need to claim missions work. But then, I suppose they couldn't grift for Jesus. The Walmart stint still has me scratching my head. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would think it's fairly competitive and he was lucky to have gotten a job there. I have no clue if he has any other work experience or what his GPA was in college, but it seems like such a throw-way that he only lasted there a short time.

Yeah, you'd think that if you got an accounting job at one of the largest companies in the world straight out of undergrad with no CPA qualification, you'd thank several deities, stay put there for a while, work towards becoming a CPA, work your way up the ladder, and either settle into a nice management position or find something more juicy at another company or a big four accounting firm like Ernst and Young, PwC, or Deloitte. Accounting is damn good money; had he stayed just a couple more years, I'm sure his income and position would be fine for taking some time off to go into the mission field without needing to beg people on the internet to fund it. But the Duggars have some kind of weird event horizon around them through which common sense, foresight, honesty, and the value of hard work cannot pass.

http://wonkette.com/594604/uh-oh-looks-like-dumb-duggar-kids-dont-have-proper-license-to-win-souls-for-jesus

Please read this link, it's all about how the Dillards are FAKING that they are accredited missionaries. Guess it makes sense Jill is Faking as a mid-wife and Jessa is faking it that she passed the GED.:liar

Do you have a source or evidence to back this claim or is this just a hunch?

Here is the Dillard's Privacy Policy in Pastebin form.

http://pastebin.com/QKPiFjbt

They sure do ask a lot of information...ssn, drivers license #, credit/debit card number, bank account number and they even tell you that they intend to run a credit check on you and share your financial data. You do not have to give any of that information to donate to a legitimate charity.

The telephone number where you can reach the "headquarters" is (501)246-8842.

That telephone number is for EverBright Media which is located on Narcissus Ave. in West Palm Beach. http://www.everbrightmedia.com/our-company.html

Their parent company is Learn Our History LLC. http://www.learn-our-history.com/Learn- ... ghts1.html They make "educational" videos and materials for kids that are sent and billed monthly to the credit card you provided likely.

Governor Mike Huckabee & Bradley Saft are the founders of Learn Our History LLC.

The credit card company that processes "donations" is called Cornerstone Payment Systems. (if you do a search google says the site may have been hacked).

Isn't Cornerstone a Duggar LLC started by JB and Josh, after the molestation was public knowledge but before the AM scandal was exposed?

Yeah, you'd think that if you got an accounting job at one of the largest companies in the world straight out of undergrad with no CPA qualification, you'd thank several deities, stay put there for a while, work towards becoming a CPA, work your way up the ladder, and either settle into a nice management position or find something more juicy at another company or a big four accounting firm like Ernst and Young, PwC, or Deloitte. Accounting is damn good money; had he stayed just a couple more years, I'm sure his income and position would be fine for taking some time off to go into the mission field without needing to beg people on the internet to fund it. But the Duggars have some kind of weird event horizon around them through which common sense, foresight, honesty, and the value of hard work cannot pass.

And if Derick wanted to do mission work that really helped people, he would have thought more long term, stayed at WalMart, gotten his CPA and some real world experience. Someone with that experience could be of great help to an organization working with micro loans, which have been shown to give real help to people.

But, I am afraid that Christians like the Duggars equate missions work with proselytizing. That is why they like SOS ministries so much, because it is missionary tourism. (And I really, really hate organizations that do this)>

Do you have a source or evidence to back this claim or is this just a hunch?

Sources for what, specifically? My post was kinda long lol

To the bolded: if there were no issues at work that were a factor in Derick's leaving such as performance, pending layoffs, etc. and this was completely of his own volition, then it was a stupid move to leave. Given how tough it is these days for new grads to land a job in their field, he was very, very lucky to have gotten this job and it would have served as a good springboard to future opportunities. I get that he wanted to do this missionary work but really, could that have not waited? This is assuming, of course, that he was planning on making a career in accounting. Maybe he wasn't planning on this or find the work was not to his liking.

Or maybe he has assimilated into the Duggar Borg so well, that he's getting as stupid and clueless as they are.

Sources for what, specifically? My post was kinda long lol

The portion I clearly underlined regarding Jessa lying about passing her GED exam. I did a brief internet search and looked for that - I found no information regarding which kids had taken or passed the exam. I was curious about whether you had actual proof or whether this was just a hunch on your part (and if it is a hunch, I can't really blame you for it - the lack of information is a bit suspect.)

And if Derick wanted to do mission work that really helped people, he would have thought more long term, stayed at WalMart, gotten his CPA and some real world experience. Someone with that experience could be of great help to an organization working with micro loans, which have been shown to give real help to people.

But, I am afraid that Christians like the Duggars equate missions work with proselytizing. That is why they like SOS ministries so much, because it is missionary tourism. (And I really, really hate organizations that do this)>

Same! Pray-cations and poverty tourism annoy the hell out of me. Derick really could be useful for socially-conscious companies like Aavishkaar (an Indian firm that invests in low-income, underserved areas to promote business growth and employment) or for micro-loan organizations like Kiva or Grameen Bank (founded by Nobel Prize winner Muhammad Yunus and based in Bangladesh, so Derick's experience in South Asia could be a real asset if he wanted to work for them, though of course, Nepal and Bangladesh are very different places), or even just as a finance/tax guy for a nonprofit, since they can be insanely complicated operations, especially if they operate internationally. But I guess pray-cations are less work or effort than doing anything like that.

Is Jill preggo again? Her face and boobs are starting to look like it in the latest instagram post.

Not even gonna touch the "what an opportunity wasted" with Derrick because y'all are doing such a great job on that front.

Mine as well! Also, anyone who gives or even offers to pray is provided with detailed updates on how the money is used, where missionaries are, how they're serving (SPECIFICALLY), etc. Unless they're somewhere like China, for example. But even then there are still detailed updates, they're just not as easily found online. Also, missionaries don't just come home. Serious illness or family member death might be a reason to take a break from the mission SERVICE WORK, but not weddings and parties and random fun. I join you in disgust. When I was young I did actual mission work and it infuriates me to watch them mock it in this way.

ETA - great points about Derick. I really have wondered if he was always a liar and a fraud or if he's been sucked in. If he has been sucked in I wonder what his family is thinking about all of this and if they have confronted him or plan to. I know that when my brother became involved with Fundie Lite (his now wife) we were all concerned about the fact that he was dating her dad for several months before he could talk to her on the phone although they were both in their mid twenties among other things... And we definitely talked with him about our concerns. I support their marriage but still discuss different things that come up.

ya know, I don't think you have to have donated to a non-profit to request their financial records They legally have to provide them, it's part of the 501 C requirements, to anyone who asks. Their financials should be part of public record. Plus, they will often provide this information to potential donors.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/ ... 28028.html

http://smallbusiness.findlaw.com/incorp ... ments.html

Of course, considering they haven't been at it long, they probably haven't filed tax returns yet. Still, would be interesting to see who the officers are, and what salaries they receive.

So, yeah, any one of you reading this can request this info from the IRS. Some of the legal eagles here will know more.

A couple of observations from having read the last few pages of this thread:

Derrick was indeed a missionary with the IMB to Nepal. He was in the Journeyman Program (go to IMB's site to look up that program) which is intended to be for college graduates who want to do two or three years of missionary service under the supervision of IMB career missionaries. I did the same thing after college, to a European country. Back then, the mission board paid me a very minimal stipend. Today, I believe Journeymen are encouraged to provide or fund raise part of their support, if possible.

Secondly, I would never donate my money to a ministry or charity without seeing the financial records. (If the financial records are not public, what are they trying to hide?) I mean, I want to know how my money is being used. Is most of the percentage of my donation being used to pay clerical support in the States? What portion is actually making overseas to directly help the nationals of a specific country? Is there a boss or manager who is largely compensated through donations or is more of the money helping feed, clothe, educate, medically treat, shelter, vaccinate the people who need it? I don't have an issue with the gospel being presented with humanitarian work. I DO, however, have an issue with donations being used to fly missionaries back and forth, several times, to their homes for them to enjoy family events. Being a missionary implies that you are making sacrifices. If you got to hop on a plane every time a family function/event occurred, anyone could do this, qualified or not.

Having been a part of the program under which Derrick served after college, I can assure you he did NOT learn what he and Jill are practicing now from the IMB. The IMB wouldn't allow it. If they are currently affiliated with the IMB (which I doubt) in any way, then the IMB is unaware of what they are doing on the side to supplement their home trips.

Edited to add: My source for knowing that Derrick was in the IMB's Journeyman Program was via Twitter. Back when he and Jill were just beginning to Tweet, I asked if it was the Journeyman Program he did in Nepal and he (surprisingly) responded, "Yes m'am!"

Unless it has been removed, you can probably still find it. However, I no longer Tweet.

Archived