IGNORED

All Things Dillard - Part 6

happy atheist

Appointments by the IMB can take several years. Educational requirements, references and endorsements are needed. Psychological and medical exams taken. I believe there are language and culture lessons. And that goes for everyone whether you go as a pastor, medical doctor, veterinarian, teacher or etc.

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really want to know what Derrick's deal is. Something about all of this has been hinky since the beginning. A grown man with a college degree and experience working abroad approaches a well-known reality star to be his "prayer partner." Then, the college-educated man romances one of said reality star's naive and sheltered daughters. Realistically, they should be worlds apart and have nothing in common. No offense to the Duggar daughters, but no grown man I know would feel right about this. For all intents and purposes, those girls are still about 12 years old. And Derrick just rushed down the aisle with Jill? I'm not saying he had/has ulterior motives, but...

A lot of people, me included, hoped that Derick would be Jill's saviour and ticket out of Duggarland. Sadly that hasn't happened. I really believe he's still hurting from the loss of his father and wishes to be part of a big, 'happy' family. I believe that's why Derick contacted Jim Bob, to be in on a chance to court one of the girls and be part of the Duggar family. Too much Kool-aid has been guzzled.

A lot of people, me included, hoped that Derick would be Jill's saviour and ticket out of Duggarland. Sadly that hasn't happened. I really believe he's still hurting from the loss of his father and wishes to be part of a big, 'happy' family. I believe that's why Derick contacted Jim Bob, to be in on a chance to court one of the girls and be part of the Duggar family. Too much Kool-aid has been guzzled.

Honestly, Derick just strikes me as kind of sheltered in some ways himself. And maybe his awkward self has been more intimidated by the skinny jeans wearing, rock n rap listening girls that embrace a more feminist kind of lifestyle (even if they don't actively "approve" of feminism.) And then, he meets a girl, who, while sheltered, finds him really attractive because she can, defers to his authority, and thinks everything he does is just so cute and so romantic. I mean, maybe it'd be hard to resist if you're insecure about your looks (or anything else, really) and emotionally immature.

It would be interesting to know how JB first connected with Derrick. I mean what website or network. For all we know, JB trolls different christian prayer site profiles looking for guys that might be suitable husbands, befriends them and screens them as "prayer partners". I'm not saying Derrick is 100% innocent in all of this, but it takes two to tango. How JB actually does the innocent "hand-off" of these guys to the J'Slaves is a bit of a mystery as well. Did he say "Jill here's a nice young man you might want to chat/Skype with, his account name is "DDGrifter123", give him a call!" Since their internet exposure was fairly limited there must have been some official "passing of the key". It all seems to strange and awkward. They stated that all of the J'Slaves Internet communications are monitored, but yet when Jilly Muffin announced she was in love with Derrick, JB & J'Chelle acted totally dumbfounded. It may have been an authentic reaction considering their conversations were probably reduced to "Do you like pickles?" and "That's so cool you have 18 siblings" and "I also have a heart for missions". I know all of this has been hashed out a bit before, sorry for rambling.

I kind of wonder if his father's death plays into it. You never saw the step dad on the show, nor did Derick ever talk about him. Dan also seems like he threw himself at the Duggars as well. Maybe they're fame hungry, maybe they wanted a "big happy family" as you said. But I still think JB and Derick's meeting sounds shady AF. Either JB is looking for stupid submissive (ha!) sons for his daughters to marry, or Derick was looking for a nice Christian wife that was easy to manipulate.

I kind of wonder if his father's death plays into it. You never saw the step dad on the show, nor did Derick ever talk about him. Dan also seems like he threw himself at the Duggars as well. Maybe they're fame hungry, maybe they wanted a "big happy family" as you said. But I still think JB and Derick's meeting sounds shady AF. Either JB is looking for stupid submissive (ha!) sons for his daughters to marry, or Derick was looking for a nice Christian wife that was easy to manipulate.

I always figured the step-dad just didn't want to be on the show. He was still there for the big parties and the wedding. I've also gotten the opposite vibe from Dan. It seems like he thinks they're all cray. In the video posted online when they told Dan they were pregnant he didn't seem very excited about it happening so fast.

If you look at Jill's latest Instagram picture, you can see Derick's webbed fingers very clearly.

You can also see how out of alignment his mouth, or at least his teeth, is/are with the rest of his face. I assume this is why he looks so different now. That must have been very painful surgery.

You can also see how out of alignment his mouth, or at least his teeth, is/are with the rest of his face. I assume this is why he looks so different now. That must have been very painful surgery.

Makes me think of Tom Cruise with the tooth in the center of his face. Derrick's center of his teeth definitely do not line up with his nose.

Cross Church is SBC, and SBC has stringent requirements for its missionaries. It has also been confirmed that the Dillards are not missionaries for Cross Church. Their application was denied, because they do not meet the educational requirements. And by saying they are *officially* commissioned, they are lying. Official means they are actually being sponsored and endorsed by Cross Church. They are not.

Exactly, if they were "missionaries" they were completely on their own.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/10/08 ... education/

I'd really like to see them investigated for theft by deception. They created the impression that they were on a real mission, when they clearly were not.

Anyone else been on Previously TV recently in the Jill and Derrick thread? They are talking about how Derrick wasn't really a missionary in Nepal but was actually there on a student visa and that he was actually working as a tourist guide.

I wrote this on p. 45 of this thread:

Derrick was indeed a missionary with the IMB to Nepal. He was in the Journeyman Program (go to IMB's site to look up that program) which is intended to be for college graduates who want to do two or three years of missionary service under the supervision of IMB career missionaries. I did the same thing after college, to a European country. Back then, the mission board paid me a very minimal stipend. Today, I believe Journeymen are encouraged to provide or fund raise part of their support, if possible.

There are some countries that are closed to missionaries and the only way to serve in those places is to apply for visas as humanitarian workers or English teachers. This is might have been what Derrick had to do, thus making him bi-vocational, per se.

If you look at Jill's latest Instagram picture, you can see Derick's webbed fingers very clearly.

Yeah, you definitely can. Interesting. I've never noticed that before. I thought it would've been visible during the wedding specials since there was a lot of focus on ring shopping.

I wrote this on p. 45 of this thread:

Derrick was indeed a missionary with the IMB to Nepal. He was in the Journeyman Program (go to IMB's site to look up that program) which is intended to be for college graduates who want to do two or three years of missionary service under the supervision of IMB career missionaries. I did the same thing after college, to a European country. Back then, the mission board paid me a very minimal stipend. Today, I believe Journeymen are encouraged to provide or fund raise part of their support, if possible.

Has this claim been verified by the IMB or is it something Derrik put on his public resume, then removed?

One of the problems I am having with the Dullards now is that the language school. Don't pretend you are missionaries and raise money, only to be doing language school. Go to language school first, THEN call yourself a missionary. You can't expect the public to pay for your expensive language school that you are attending in a nice touristy city.

I love that someone commented on the picture telling Jill her tits look great. Ha!

I never noticed Derick's eyes were two different colors before.

Cathy Byrum said in one episode that before he left for Nepal Derick handed her what would be his contact information over there and asked her to give it to JB so they could be prayer partners. So, through his mom the actual contact was made.

I have always like what I saw of Derick, but this giving up a good job with the prospect of a bzillion children in his future is insane. Jill is cheerful and sweet and full of kool-aid. I hope cute little Izzy always fares well in his parents sticky kool-aid world, he is adorable.

Is it all possible for these two to tell the truth about anything?

I really believe that their idea of TRUTH is so distorted and that the sky in their world is pink with purple polka dots.

They are so brainwashed and have swum in the kool aid for so long that they have no idea what reality is.

Cathy Byrum said in one episode that before he left for Nepal Derick handed her what would be his contact information over there and asked her to give it to JB so they could be prayer partners. So, through his mom the actual contact was made.

Thank you. Was is explained how Cathy knew JB?

Thank you. Was is explained how Cathy knew JB?

Not that I recall. Cathy keeps things short. She is sweet. Maybe just that the Duggars are well known. No reason given that I recall.

Archived