IGNORED

All Things Dillard - Part 6

happy atheist

Jill and her family are in Guatemala, allegedly to be missionaries. So far they don't seem to have done much other than brag about how much the locals admire their blond baby, and take a few Spanish lessons. Oh, and fly home a whole lot. So, you know, god's work.

Part 1: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=25771

Part 2: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=25980

Part 3: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=26270

Part 4: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=26453

Part 5: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=26572

blog: Dillardfamily.com/blog

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if Jill and Derick will stay for Amy's wedding reception tomorrow. Or if they will leave because of the booze and music.

bingbangboom wrote:

MrsWorkfromhome wrote:

twinmama wrote:

Honest question. Are there missionaries who do good work? Because IMO, if the food and shelter you are helping with comes with a side of "you must accept jesus or I won't give you this wheat" then fuck them. Do any missionaries do good in less fortunate places just because it's a good thing to do, without foisting their religion on the locals??

Yes. I went to Mexico twice, paid my own way, camped there. No showers or running water. On one trip the men worked on helping a local pastor build his home and a new church building, the women played soccer or any other game the children wanted to play. We brought clothes, soccer balls, jump rope, etc for the community we were at. We also served meals, and did anything they needed. The local pastor (who was not a missionary but a Mexican citizen who was a pastor) did a sermon, on Sunday, and we were there. The trip was more about meeting needs they couldn't meet on their own. Showing Jesus's love through actions. It was rewarding, we did something good, and it was eye opening for sure. Mexico is a third world country just 25 minutes from my home. It is heart breaking to see little children with no shoes. No running water...no electricity. I was in Ensenada once and Tecate once.

Wait, you paid your own way?! To somewhere 25 whole miles from your home?!

I'm sure 3rd world Mexico thanks you.

(sarcasm)

I'm sorry. But that is very rude. Yes the border is close to where I live, but the places I went were not. And frankly, I don't understand why its anything for you to snark about. I think I'm pretty much done with this site. All you people do is rip each other apart. I originally came here to read snark about the Duggars since often there is more "dirt" here and the different views points are fun to read. But lately it seems everyone is just tearing people down over any tiny thing. Like damn.

Woah! I came on here to snark about the Dillards and seem to have walked into the middle of a cat fight... :shifty-kitty:

Can we agree that anyone who inconveniences themself to help others is a good person? And that doesn't change if the help is offered to a person close to home, rather than a person thousands of miles away?

Not everyone on this site is here to rip people apart, some of us just love the banter. Yes, there are people who confuse rudeness with snark/cleverness, but they're a minority!

Now, back to the Dillards. Anyone else excited to see the photos from Amy's wedding, featuring loads of potential to speculate on whether Jilly Muffin is pregnant again yet?!?! :P

I wonder if Jill and Derick will stay for Amy's wedding reception tomorrow. Or if they will leave because of the booze and music.

Am I a horrible person for imagining Jinger discovering liquor and Lil' Jon at the wedding and deciding to break free after hearing the sick beats of the king of Crunk?

Am I a horrible person for imagining Jinger discovering liquor and Lil' Jon at the wedding and deciding to break free after hearing the sick beats of the king of Crunk?

Let's pray for a miracle. :angelic-cyan: :banana-angel:

Yes!!! I'd love to see a photo of JD on Instagram wearing his tie like a headband and a beer in each hand.

I hope he catches the garter and Jana the bouquet. Next ones married - get us the hell out of Duggarville. (Just to clarify - not married to each other).

I have to agree that the nasty post to Mrsworkfromhome was entiirely unnecessary. Sounds like her mission trip was a good thing.

edit typo

Yes!!! I'd love to see a photo of JD on Instagram wearing his tie like a headband and a beer in each hand.

I hope he catches the garter and Jana the bouquet. Next ones married - get us the hell out of Duggarville. (Just to clarify - not married to each other).

I know we should be more focused on the marriage than the wedding, but I feel like Jana would have such a gorgeous wedding.

And maybe if Lil' Jon doesn't get any airplay at Amy's wedding, maybe the Duggars will sinfully move their bodies to the writhing rhythms of the Cha Cha Slide.

I would love to know that the kidults and Anna had fun today. They really need an afternoon to let down their hair after Josh-gate.

The Duck Dance, Electric slide, Cha Cha Slide. Dollar Dance for the bride. Buffet meal at the reception. Terrible toasts by the family.

Perhaps even a beer from the keg or a glass of pink wine from the box o'wine, if they desire.

I'm sure the bulk of the Duggars will leave either right after the ceremony or early in the reception. Maybe Jill and Derick will stay longer. They were at Derick's friend's earlier this year and there seemed to be alcohol and dancing there. I would love to see a picture of them dancing. Even if it's just slow dancing. It would be a tiny step in the right direction.

I'm sure the bulk of the Duggars will leave either right after the ceremony or early in the reception. Maybe Jill and Derick will stay longer. They were at Derick's friend's earlier this year and there seemed to be alcohol and dancing there. I would love to see a picture of them dancing. Even if it's just slow dancing. It would be a tiny step in the right direction.

And, the Dillards did just attend a movie with Cathy-

Anything is possible.

when did they do that? And what movie? I imagine it was that War Room movie

Probably, but I'm holding out hope that they went to go see Straight Outta Compton or Magic Mike XXL.

when did they do that? And what movie? I imagine it was that War Room movie

It was War Room according to his IG.

Here's the post - instagram.com/p/7QS005GCRz/?taken-by=derickdillard

Caption - "My mom took us to see "War Room" last night! Thank you for praying for her health; she's doing great!

We're back in the U.S. for a little while. Be looking for a family update soon on our website"

I wonder how Izzy did during the movie. My son is almost 2 and we still haven't even attempted a movie theater with him.

Here's the post - instagram.com/p/7QS005GCRz/?taken-by=derickdillard

Caption - "My mom took us to see "War Room" last night! Thank you for praying for her health; she's doing great!

We're back in the U.S. for a little while. Be looking for a family update soon on our website"

I wonder how Izzy did during the movie. My son is almost 2 and we still haven't even attempted a movie theater with him.

I just assumed Derick, Jill, Izzy, Derick's brother, and Derick's mom all went to the movie together since they are all in the photo having a meal after the movie.

The fashion choices are sure to be snarkalicious. Anyone hoping that J'chelle will be stylin' her "Tinman" attire?

I just assumed Derick, Jill, Izzy, Derick's brother, and Derick's mom all went to the movie together since they are all in the photo having a meal after the movie.

Any idea what Jill's most recent IG is about?

They are on stage at the Cross Church asking for "prayers and support"

The cheating scandal? Begging for more money?

ETA: Derick has more info on his but its in fundie speak and I don't know what it means.

derickdillardWe are so grateful for the support of our church fellowship @crosschurch as we were officially commissioned during the morning service today. Praise God for His body, the church! We love you!

Any idea what Jill's most recent IG is about?

They are on stage at the Cross Church asking for "prayers and support"

The cheating scandal? Begging for more money?

ETA: Derick has more info on his but its in fundie speak and I don't know what it means.

I'm assuming this means that they are now full time missionaries and the church is helping to financially support them. The Church we attested helps support 5 missionary families. These missionaries are usually supported by a couple of churches and private donations to cover all living expenses.

Archived