IGNORED

All Things Dillard - Part 6

happy atheist

Wait, so...her child counts as being "at home" only if they're in Arkanas? :?

Or she just got her certification so she can use it eventually, when her dozen kids are grown? Never mind that her "skills" would be out of date by that point.

Or she'll teach midwifery until she can practice? Never mind that a "midwife" who's only just received her (b.s.) certification and hasn't actually practiced midwifery herself is...not ideal.

It's entirely possible that Jill simply changed her mind...that's a hell of a lot more likely than "at home" have some special Jill-only definition.

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. She is human, after all. And we humans change our minds often.

To me, it just sounds like maybe she doesn't want to make it a full-time career while she has young children.

Looks like the Dillards are about to leave the country again.

Derick's brother posted a photo on Instagram....

https://instagram.com/p/8XAERIHS20/?taken-by=justdand

Caption - "Glad to serve as A/V man this evening at the going away party for the fam.. Sad to see them go"

I wonder where this party is exactly. Their church maybe? I have a feeling it's less of a "going away" party and more of a "please give us money" party.

Thanks for posting the link. I was amused by one of the comments about them leaving so soon and why didn't she stay to help with Jessa's delivery. Clearly the opposite perspective from what we have here. :lol:

Agree that this is probably a last chance to grift. Plus I would bet that a major reason for leaving now may be that the TLC cameras need to roll in Missionary Land before they return to record the Birth of Jessa's Baby. And we all know the odds are good that the missionaries will be back for Halloween -- I mean, Jessa's delivery. ;)

Two of my online reading sites have intersected. I read Skeptical OB, which is devoted to pointing out the risks of homebirth, especially those attended by Certified Professional Midwife (not Certified Nurse Midwife, which requires about 8 years of education and training). I have run into mentions of some of our fundie moms in articles about unsafe home birth. And this week, a whole article was devoted to Jill's midwife credentials, entitled "Jill Duggar Dillard is Not a Real Midwife".

skepticalob.com/2015/09/jill-duggar-dillard-is-not-a-real-midwife-shes-a-cpm-a-counterfeit-professional-midwife.html (link is broken).

Just thought it was interesting.

I assumed they had advanced warning that that shit was going to hit the fan, at least several days before the In Touch article came out. IIRC, Derrick left Walmart soon after the scandal broke but considering the timing he would have given notice before knowing about In Touch.

Based on the last episode, I think the Duggars knew shit was about to go down at the time of the taping. There was so much tension in that room. I actually wonder how much editing it took to get the tension just to that level.

So, 2/14 to 5/15- and in that time he got married, took time off for a honeymoon, likely missed some work for filming (I know that he was down in Big Sandy once, maybe twice), took leaves for childbirth and paternity duties, and had jaw surgery.

How many days was he actually at work??

I wonder the same. There was also at least one mission-vacation in there prior to the official "decison" back in mid 2014, plus his mom was quite sick just prior to the wedding, I'm sure he took off for some of that as well. Maybe not. We honestly don't know, he could have been a model employee.

Based on the last episode, I think the Duggars knew shit was about to go down at the time of the taping. There was so much tension in that room. I actually wonder how much editing it took to get the tension just to that level.

that would explain the aggression towards Josh from Jessa and Ben's antsy expression of looking stumped more than usual and JIll's attitude when she kept looking in the other direction when they showed her having her c section

the tension in that episode was palpable

I wonder the same. There was also at least one mission-vacation in there prior to the official "decison" back in mid 2014, plus his mom was quite sick just prior to the wedding, I'm sure he took off for some of that as well. Maybe not. We honestly don't know, he could have been a model employee.

He could have been, but it's hard to imagine he had a very happy direct supervisor or co-workers. Other workers have to pick up the slack for someone who seems to constantly have a reason not to be at work and resentment builds pretty quickly. Walmart may have been glad to see the back of him.

Looks like a pretty intense goodbye party, I'm guessing they'll be gone for a good long time now... maybe even three weeks.

So now that the Stonybrook house is sold, we know for sure that all of their stuff that they didn't take on the mission is in storage. Sigh. I can't help thinking about all of those wedding gifts and baby gifts that they got, most of them stored away and not to be seen again for years. Seems like a waste. I wonder if it ever occurred to them to donate any of their stuff to a shelter or unwed mother's home.

So now that the Stonybrook house is sold, we know for sure that all of their stuff that they didn't take on the mission is in storage. Sigh. I can't help thinking about all of those wedding gifts and baby gifts that they got, most of them stored away and not to be seen again for years. Seems like a waste. I wonder if it ever occurred to them to donate any of their stuff to a shelter or unwed mother's home.

Honestly, I wouldnt be surprised if they returned a lot of the gifts for cash.

Honestly, I wouldnt be surprised if they returned a lot of the gifts for cash.

Agree. A lot of things may have been returned and other things sold through EBay or consignment stores.

I bet a fair amount of stuff was passed off to Jessa.

Agree. A lot of things may have been returned and other things sold through EBay or consignment stores.

I agree with this, and I think that whatever they couldn't return or sell for the cash, was given to Jessa.

I bet you let your husband spend his entire work day without you though?

I don't know, the constant touching screams insecurity to me, not love. There's nothing wrong with touching our spouse. There's plenty wrong with being a stage 5 clinger, like Jill is.

I don't know, to me it screams "very early in our relationship and in love" because when I first met my husband in grad school we were always all over each other (hugging, holding hands, not making out in public haha). And a 3 hour class apart seemed like forever! We spent all day and night together whenever possible. 10 years later, I'm cool when he goes to work all day, lol.

Jill and Jessa barely knew their husbands before they got married, and even if they knew them, they weren't allowed to really even touch them! So I get being all over each other and not liking to be apart. But there is a difference between "Oh I miss you so much when you're away at work all day!" and showing up on his lunch hour EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. That is inappropriate and nuts, even if you're super duper in love and it's new.

To the bolded: Yes, I'm aware that's the Duggar party line. I take that with a grain of salt, especially since they've treated their "missionary" work in what seems to me a very haphazard fashion so far. Big emotional goodbye, "we won't see them for a very long time," and hey presto, they're back in 30 days or less. Very cagey about where they will be performing this missionary work, and so far no public accounting for the money they've collected from fans and what that money has been spent on.

As to Jill busying herself getting this certification, when she has also stated she won't be active in this field while she has young children at home = if she is truly intent on having as many children as God allows, and she is as easily fertile as her mother - then she may not actually practice in this field for 20 years or more. At that point in time, I am quite sure any certification she received in 2015 would be sadly out of date.

While I would not want to be treated by Jill, at least if something happened to Derek 15 years down the line she could get re-certified or whatever they call it and DO something to support her numerous by then children. I wonder if that is what would happen, or if the Duggars would take them all in, or what.

I'm sure it's been discussed a lot, but do fundies get really good life insurance policies on the fathers? We have a good one on my husband since I'm a stay at home mom and if something happened to him, we'd want me to continue staying home as much as possible. But I have a masters degree to fall back on (in film production, LMAO, super useful I'm sure).

How good of a teacher could she be if she won't have any practice "while little ones are at home"?

Delivering children seems like one of the absolute worst careers for the old "if you can't do, teach!" I think I'd take a woman who delivered 1,000s of babies but had no formal education over a woman with a formal education but no births any time!!!

I bet a fair amount of stuff was passed off to Jessa.

Why would Jills stuff be passed down to Jessa when Jessa had her own extensive registry?

Looks like the Dillards are about to leave the country again.

Derick's brother posted a photo on Instagram....

https://instagram.com/p/8XAERIHS20/?taken-by=justdand

Caption - "Glad to serve as A/V man this evening at the going away party for the fam.. Sad to see them go"

I wonder where this party is exactly. Their church maybe? I have a feeling it's less of a "going away" party and more of a "please give us money" party.

Definitely a "fundraiser" according to

http://www.inquisitr.com/2468419/duggar ... undraiser/

They report that the Dillards are actually headed back to Spanish classes, not missionary work, and that some previous supporters have asked for their money back. They also have a picture of an "unidentified videographer" who may be someone filming for TLC.

inquisitr.com/2468184/controversial-duggar-family-members-appearing-on-jessa-and-jills-tlc-specials/

This article says it is TLC filming in the background of the pictures but I'm sure that's an assumption and not a fact. But considering TLC said they would be filming mission trip stuff and the goodbye party counts as that, it probably is TLC filming.

Compare to the first time Jill and Derrick left when they just stood in the middle of the TTH. I wonder if TLC footed the bill for this going away party since it was actually a party.

inquisitr.com/2468184/controversial-duggar-family-members-appearing-on-jessa-and-jills-tlc-specials/

This article says it is TLC filming in the background of the pictures but I'm sure that's an assumption and not a fact. But considering TLC said they would be filming mission trip stuff and the goodbye party counts as that, it probably is TLC filming.

Compare to the first time Jill and Derrick left when they just stood in the middle of the TTH. I wonder if TLC footed the bill for this going away party since it was actually a party.

Wasn't that also a fundraiser?

I find the inquisitr articles speculative almost to the point of absurdity, but I enjoy them for their contribution to negative Duggar press and will continue to click them. Sorry, not sorry.

Delivering children seems like one of the absolute worst careers for the old "if you can't do, teach!" I think I'd take a woman who delivered 1,000s of babies but had no formal education over a woman with a formal education but no births any time!!!

For what it's worth, when I read that about teaching, I didn't think she might teach midwifery but maybe teach about childbirth and prenatal care and basic baby care, to expectant or new parents. Her midwife training and her life experiences have surely prepared her for that (except, I suppose, if she has to teach women how to wear baby carriers).

I've known SAHMs who supplemented the family income (and got out of the house) by teaching "birth preparedness classes." Most were Lamaze or Bradley instructors but one at least had no formal affiliation. (She had trained under some hippie midwife back in the seventies and was part of this holistic, back to nature group.)

Archived