IGNORED

All Things Dillard - Part 6

happy atheist

That is freaking tacky as hell. I'm gonna host a party to thank you! Bring your own food!

I'm surprised they didn't ask people to volunteer for setting up/cleaning up while they were at it!

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derick looks terrible in the picture where they are holding up Jill's certificates: big purple circles under his eyes and a crooked jaw. He looks so much better in the picture from Dollar City, more rested and relaxed. Also Jill is looking quite slim. I guess they left the baby back at the TTH with Amy and Mary.

It does tickle me that they could not afford to feed their donors at the Thank You party but they could afford to go to the Amusement Park the next day. Priorities, eh.

I wonder what exactly went on at the "Thank you" reception. Did they give a regurgitated speech about their supposed missions work, give a big fake thanks and then eat the potluck food? It just reeks of something TLC contrived. I would think that if Cross Church is now sponsoring them, that the church itself might have put together some sort of "Going away" party. I know nothing about that specific church but usually those mega-churches are rolling in it.

I'm surprised they didn't ask people to volunteer for setting up/cleaning up while they were at it!

I'd feel safe in thinking they did. If you use church facilities for a meeting or party,then the church assumes that you will also be in charge of the cleanup and closing of the building. I'd bet the Dillards asked for help for all of that from other church members, including donors.

Because that is totally enough time to plan a trip to Arkansas and prepare a potluck dish if you aren't already in the immediate vicinity! What a thoughtless grift. These people just get worse and worse.

Like, totally enough time.

And why the old picture? Izzy has not been that size since he was born.

Probably because that was the last time Jill picked up a heat styling tool.

That is freaking tacky as hell. I'm gonna host a party to thank you! Bring your own food and make some extra to feed my huge-ass family too!

There. Fixed that for ya. :wink-kitty:

So they yet again are stretching the truth? No big surprise!

inquisitr.com/2473939/jill-duggar-and-derick-dillard-rejected-as-missionaries-by-southern-baptist-church/

So they yet again are stretching the truth? No big surprise!

inquisitr.com/2473939/jill-duggar-and-derick-dillard-rejected-as-missionaries-by-southern-baptist-church/

Is it all possible for these two to tell the truth about anything?

Usually I can't hate Inquisitr enough, but this is actually good. It's decently written, they hit on serious questions, they actually do the research and provide answers to those questions. I really have to give them props this time. This is a legitimate piece. Remember the days when every article about the Duggars was a fluff piece? Gone are those days, and good riddance.

Is it all possible for these two to tell the truth about anything?

They always tell the truth, but like other con-artists, it is their version of the truth they are telling.

They always tell the truth, but like other con-artists, it is their version of the truth they are telling.

The whole family are experts in lying without actually saying any untruths. Jill, Derrick, and their fans will simply say, "Hey, we never said that were working under SBC/IMB! NOt our fault people assumed so based on us going to Cross Church and saying we were commissioned by our pastor!"

Usually I can't hate Inquisitr enough, but this is actually good. It's decently written, they hit on serious questions, they actually do the research and provide answers to those questions. I really have to give them props this time. This is a legitimate piece. Remember the days when every article about the Duggars was a fluff piece? Gone are those days, and good riddance.

yes! that was a good piece!

The whole family are experts in lying without actually saying any untruths. Jill, Derrick, and their fans will simply say, "Hey, we never said that were working under SBC/IMB! NOt our fault people assumed so based on us going to Cross Church and saying we were commissioned by our pastor!"

Ding! DIng! Ding! We have a winner ladies and gentleman. Tell lascuba what she has won...

/drumrolllllllll

Lascuba you have won the glorious prize of..../drumrolllll

Half a bottle of rum, and half a pan of lemon bars, that may or may not have some kid fingerprints on it.

CONGRATULATIONS!

As per the article:

"The Dillards were married in Cross Church - the largest church in Arkansas - and that is their home church when stateside. The church has donated over $1 million dollars to funding missionaries this year, but no financial support is given to the Dillards."

This doesn't really surprise me. I would just assume that, in addition to the lack of college accredidation on the part of the Dillards, Cross Church believed it should help other missionaries who have been given far less than the Dillards, or at least less than Jill. If I had to make the decision to give money to a poor family who wanted to build houses in a poor country and one where the wife is the daughter of a known millionaire and has ample financial assets in her own rights, I'd help the more impoverished missionaries first.

*Anyone else starting to think that maybe Jim Bob wanted Derick in the family so that he could help his father-in-law cook the books when tax season comes around?

As per the article:

"The Dillards were married in Cross Church - the largest church in Arkansas - and that is their home church when stateside. The church has donated over $1 million dollars to funding missionaries this year, but no financial support is given to the Dillards."

This doesn't really surprise me. I would just assume that, in addition to the lack of college accredidation on the part of the Dillards, Cross Church believed it should help other missionaries who have been given far less than the Dillards, or at least less than Jill. If I had to make the decision to give money to a poor family who wanted to build houses in a poor country and one where the wife is the daughter of a known millionaire and has ample financial assets in her own rights, I'd help the more impoverished missionaries first.

*Anyone else starting to think that maybe Jim Bob wanted Derick in the family so that he could help his father-in-law cook the books when tax season comes around?

You're thinking like a logical, compassionate human being who isn't hungry for fame. Stop that. :naughty:

How much does Cross Church have to answer to IMB/SBC for the money it doles out to missionaries? It surprises me that a church who would bring a couple who've accomplished nothing except being part of the Duggar clan up on stage for the whole congregation to pray for would be that selective in who they give their money. But I don't know how fundie churches work so maybe it's a common thing to give the spotlight to any member? I'm guessing Cross Church couldn't give the Dullards money because IMB would have been on their ass.

ya know, I don't think you have to have donated to a non-profit to request their financial records They legally have to provide them, it's part of the 501 C requirements, to anyone who asks. Their financials should be part of public record. Plus, they will often provide this information to potential donors.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/ ... 28028.html

http://smallbusiness.findlaw.com/incorp ... ments.html

Of course, considering they haven't been at it long, they probably haven't filed tax returns yet. Still, would be interesting to see who the officers are, and what salaries they receive.

So, yeah, any one of you reading this can request this info from the IRS. Some of the legal eagles here will know more.

Jim Bob must be so proud of his little grifter-in-training as she had learned from the best. Jessa better step up her game or Jill is going to grift everything she can and leave nothing left for her sister.

The House of Duggar continues to fall. These people are just dumb. Scandal after scandal comes out and the think they can keep lying and no one will find out. The Duggars aren't going to get away unnoticed with anything anymore. Lying about being a real missionary is beyond despicable and they just don't realize that. As much as these people talk about God, they sure don't seem to be afraid of his wrath against them. They are basically lying in his name.

Jim Bob must be so proud of his little grifter-in-training as she had learned from the best. Jessa better step up her game or Jill is going to grift everything she can and leave nothing left for her sister.

The House of Duggar continues to fall. These people are just dumb. Scandal after scandal comes out and the think they can keep lying and no one will find out. The Duggars aren't going to get away unnoticed with anything anymore. Lying about being a real missionary is beyond despicable and they just don't realize that. As much as these people talk about God, they sure don't seem to be afraid of his wrath against them. They are basically lying in his name.

As we've seen from Jessa's riveting theology lectures on Instagram, they seem to interpret that "faith alone" verse as "be a total asshole if you want to, up to and including stealing money from people and raping your own sisters, because as long as you say that you lurve jeebus, it's OK!" instead of "don't act like you're better than other people or like you're more holy just because you do nice things; outward action must be combined with inner faith for true salvation."

See, with a normal and functioning family that would be true. But do the Duggars or Dillards really understand what real missionary work looks like? Derick may due to his time in Nepal, but we honestly don't know what he did there. He could have been building houses or helping farmers - or he could have been putting on horribly choreographed plays designed to convert the heathens or kill them with boredom.

As for Jill, her only real experience with missionary work is what she is doing right now - going to a less fortunate area of the world and preaching that Gothardism Christianity is the one true way. Should we really expect her to have an accurate view of legitimate missionary work when she may not have been exposed to it?

Just to be random, I found this just now: :lol:

post-7337-14452000908546_thumb.jpg

See, with a normal and functioning family that would be true. But do the Duggars or Dillards really understand what real missionary work looks like? Derick may due to his time in Nepal, but we honestly don't know what he did there. He could have been building houses or helping farmers - or he could have been putting on horribly choreographed plays designed to convert the heathens or kill them with boredom.

As for Jill, her only real experience with missionary work is what she is doing right now - going to a less fortunate area of the world and preaching that Gothardism Christianity is the one true way. Should we really expect her to have an accurate view of legitimate missionary work when she may not have been exposed to it?

According to an article I read about Derick, he has never claimed to have been serving a missionary in Nepal. Or, at least, he was not a church-sponsored missionary. He went to Nepal on a student visa and appears to have spent some time associated with a trekking outfit, possibly working under the table. Best case scenario, he was a "free-lance" missionary, e.g., sharing about his faith with the locals as the opportunities arose. I suspect Derick was on the grift when he hooked up with JB as a prayer partner.

If you think about it, Derick has absolutely no background or professional training that would qualify him to do legitimate mission work, unless you're talking about the Duggar mission model: Show up, talk about Jeezass, take some pictures with the locals. Pass the hat, go to the bank. That's not unique to the Duggars--it's been used by other cults for years. The stupidity of JB and Company to try to pull off a mission grift in plain sight of the internet is astonishing. They really are a sheltered, ignorant bunch.

[quote=i

How much does Cross Church have to answer to IMB/SBC for the money it doles out to missionaries? It surprises me that a church who would bring a couple who've accomplished nothing except being part of the Duggar clan up on stage for the whole congregation to pray for would be that selective in who they give their money. But I don't know how fundie churches work so maybe it's a common thing to give the spotlight to any member? I'm guessing Cross Church couldn't give the Dullards money because IMB would have been on their ass.

According to an article I read about Derick, he has never claimed to have been serving a missionary in Nepal. Or, at least, he was not a church-sponsored missionary. He went to Nepal on a student visa and appears to have spent some time associated with a trekking outfit, possibly working under the table. Best case scenario, he was a "free-lance" missionary, e.g., sharing about his faith with the locals as the opportunities arose. I suspect Derick was on the grift when he hooked up with JB as a prayer partner.

If you think about it, Derick has absolutely no background or professional training that would qualify him to do legitimate mission work, unless you're talking about the Duggar mission model: Show up, talk about Jeezass, take some pictures with the locals. Pass the hat, go to the bank. That's not unique to the Duggars--it's been used by other cults for years. The stupidity of JB and Company to try to pull off a mission grift in plain sight of the internet is astonishing. They really are a sheltered, ignorant bunch.

He did claim to be an IMB missionary at one point; it was on his LinkedIn page in March 2014. The IMB claim has since been removed, but it was discussed here.

viewtopic.php?f=87&t=21226&p=711200&hilit=nepal+imb#p711200

viewtopic.php?f=87&t=21707&p=734542&hilit=linkedin#p734542

viewtopic.php?f=87&t=25178&p=891123&hilit=linkedin+derick#p891123

viewtopic.php?f=87&t=25178&p=891123&hilit=linkedin+derick#p891394

IMB references were removed at some point prior to June 2015:

viewtopic.php?f=87&t=26219&p=966057&hilit=linkedin+derick#p966057

It's interesting to me that he would scrub IMB from his resume. Was there a falling out? Did they ask him to cease and desist? :lol: Maybe he doesn't want people to infer he's still with them, just because he was in the past. That would be very moral of him, which is why I don't think it's what happened. :wink-kitty:

Where's Palimpsest? I would love to get a mission kid's thoughts on this.

Archived