IGNORED

Apostolic Clerk Disobeys SCOTUS, Denies Gay Marriage License

FundieFarmer

Huckabee looks positively reptilian in that photo. I think Kim and #4 are going for an American Gothic look. That is #4, right? #2 x #2 = #4

Anybody remember the song, I'm my own grandpa?

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking the same thing.. Isn't Honey Boo Boo's mom dating a child molester who molested one of her own daughter a few years ago? (Wasn't that why the show was canned?) No standards allow all kinds of dating options.

And, frankly, based only on my shallow judgement of Mr. Kim Jones choice of clothing at what he knew was a big day for Kim and would be televised and photographed, I'm not sure he's much of a prize either .... I know that is shallow, but my husband would not wear that outfit to clean up the back yard (that cheap ass hat!?!?! With the cheep green sunscreen in the brim!!!)

mike-huckabee-1024.jpg

Sort of an OshKosh bGosh moment there.... if they could just stay little til their Carter's wear out.

Is he in some sort of farmer costume? The hat looks like a cheap costume prop, and doesn't make sense to wear indoors. It doesn't even look trashy to me, just really weird and kind of surreal.

Kim's stretched out, shapeless tee shirt is not winning any fashion prizes either. I know Pentecostal women who do themselves up and stay within their modesty guidelines, so her religion is no excuse. In fact, most Pentecostals I know dress up way more for church than mainline Protestants do. Does the woman not even own a blazer?

it sounds like a soap opera. how the court clerk world turns. TLC is sniffing around for sure.

I'm tempted to think that she became Court Clerk because the previous Court Clerk was laughing so hard at her each time she came in for another marriage license of her own...

Here's my favorite version:

[bBvideo 560,340:30uab00q]

[/bBvideo]

I'm tempted to think that she became Court Clerk because the previous Court Clerk was laughing so hard at her each time she came in for another marriage license of her own...

The previous clerk was her mother.

Is he in some sort of farmer costume? The hat looks like a cheap costume prop, and doesn't make sense to wear indoors. It doesn't even look trashy to me, just really weird and kind of surreal.

A friendly talking scarecrow costume

Very odd choice for meeting someone who might or might not be the next president. Is it some kind of a statement or is he just an eccentric dresser?

Huckabee looks positively reptilian in that photo. I think Kim and #4 are going for an American Gothic look. That is #4, right? #2 x #2 = #4

:lol:

22 “If a man is found lying with the wife of another man, both of them shall die, the man who lay with the woman, and the woman. So you shall purge the evil from Israel.

Deuteronomy 22:22

The papers read: 'The parties herein are separated, having been so separated since November 21, 1993, and have lived separate and apart for 60 days.'

In fact, Davis was pregnant by her lover.

She had twins, Allison Mae and Nathan, on August 11, 1994, out of wedlock with construction worker Thomas Dale McIntyre – around five months after her divorce was finalized.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z3lwI4dsgB

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Kim Davis is loving the attention, Mrs Huckabee looks like "what am I doing here"

And Joe Davis has his hand on Mrs. Huckabee's shoulder, it seems... not around his wife, which is odd....

Joe Davis is speaking at some FRC event....

Yesterday, the Family Research Council announced that Kim Davis, the Kentucky county clerk who became a Religious Right hero for prohibiting her office from issuing marriage licenses to gay couples, would be receiving an award at its upcoming Values Voter Summit in Washington, D.C.

It turns out that Kim is not the only member of the family who has been transformed into a Religious Right celebrity, as her second/fourth husband Joe Davis will be a featured speaker at an upcoming "Stand in the Gap for Truth" rally being organized by the Tennessee Pastors Network, which is an arm of the American Pastors Network.

Davis will be speaking along with Richard Land, E.W. Jackson, Rafael Cruz and several others:

- See more at: http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/h ... ArqxR.dpuf

And unless he's an idiot (which he may be) he will be being paid to speak and likely have his expenses paid for travel and lodging as well.....

I have long believed that part of the reason they did this was 1) no way were they giving up her salary and 2) her attorneys and others dangled books and speaking tour fees in front of them.

Now I am wondering if Mr. Davis really dresses like that or if this was some sort of hokey attempt to show us they are just good, honest, bible thumping, bigots, etc. I have seen many men wearing overalls and a hat- but they usually show signs of wear from being actually worked in. That outfit looks like he was just lounging around in it. Very odd fashion choices.

Mr. Davis appears to be wearing work clothes. I may not approve of his sartorial choices for meeting IMPORTANT PEOPLE, but he looks like he's been working -- on the car, out in the yard, out in the field, in the wood shop, castrating hogs, but definitely working. IIRC, he was wearing a white long-sleeved shirt and slacks in another photo.

Now I am wondering if Mr. Davis really dresses like that or if this was some sort of hokey attempt to show us they are just good, honest, bible thumping, bigots, etc. I have seen many men wearing overalls and a hat- but they usually show signs of wear from being actually worked in. That outfit looks like he was just lounging around in it. Very odd fashion choices.

yes I wondered about that too a strange outfit for such an important thing.

The previous clerk was her mother.

Oh right. I knew that, but forgot it along the way.

Well, there's still probably a joke in there somewhere, but I'm not sure I want to know what it is.

The sleeves of his t-shirt appear discolored to me, but perhaps that is the style of the shirt. I agree with you about the overalls. Unless those are new overalls, there should be stains, patches, or other signs of wear on them.

I'm in the middle of a home improvement project, and my clothing looks pretty shabby right now. I've got wood stain, paint, caulk, etc. on my clothing, and my pants have a small hole that needs patching. Mr. Davis looks much nicer than I do in his work clothes. :lol:

At least one deputy clerk, Brian Mason, has been issuing licenses since U.S. District Judge David Bunning jailed Davis for contempt of court. Mason said last week that he will continue to provide the forms even if Davis orders him to stop.

She's STILL whining about religious accommodation, and in the meantime, one of her employees is saving her apostolic a**.

Maybe he's thinking he would make a great county clerk. :D

Every time I see that picture of her and her husband, this what I think of.

farmer-fran_zpsczxfss4t.jpg

Edited because pic didn't work.

Omg YASSS!!! I couldn't think of what movie I'd seen this in but I totally remembered this guy. I even imagined Mr. Davis sounds like the guy from the movie

Omg YASSS!!! I couldn't think of what movie I'd seen this in but I totally remembered this guy. I even imagined Mr. Davis sounds like the guy from the movie

OK, reference please? I'm not a movie-watcher and I can't tell you how odd this image seems, just interjected into the conversation with no context for what it refers to... :lol:

The day of court, i think he was wearing a white button front shirt(possibly based on advice from the attorneys) , but the rest of the time he's in those tee shirts with the different color sleeves. Even his seed cap is more debonair that the straw hat, which looks like those things they sell in the cheap beach stores, along with beach towels and tee shirts.

The thing I notice is that the overalls don't fit well... Given that Kim ran and won as a democrat, it may be that her husband has no love for Huckabee and wore the poorly fitting overalls to sort of flip him the bird....

Just saw this

DavisYMCA2-660x330.jpg

I was reflecting last night about 3 am on why Kim Davis still wants religious accommodation and why I'm still whining about it. The license issuing is being handled by her deputy clerks. In a normal situation, the issue is resolved and life goes on.

It has nothing to do with her and everything to do with her lawyers. Accommodation for Christian fundamentalists and Catholics is a looming issue. Obamacare birth control exemptions for religious reasons lit the fuse. Her lawyers will continue to throw appeal after appeal against the wall to see if anything will stick, because of the implications of this issue.

One good thing about FJ is that it exposes us to what fundies think and how they interface between the larger culture, politics and government, so I've become more sensitized to these types of issues when they pop up in the media.

I was first aware of this when articles began discussing George W's careful use of words that telegraphed specific meanings that resonated strongly with evangelicals but had absolutely no significance with non-evangelical Americas.

I think Kim is enjoying the spotlight but doesn't understand to what extent she is being used as a puppet. When the masses move on to another cause or area, she will be dropped like a hot potato.

I think Kim is enjoying the spotlight but doesn't understand to what extent she is being used as a puppet. When the masses move on to another cause or area, she will be dropped like a hot potato.

She and josh have that in common. She is fully gullible and nieve

Archived