IGNORED

Apostolic Clerk Disobeys SCOTUS, Denies Gay Marriage License

FundieFarmer

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn, chick was even beating out Elizabeth Taylor!

And at least La Liz was a talented lady. She was also one of the first to support AIDS research and support its victims. I can't help but love some La Liz.

The-Elizabeth-Taylor-AIDS-Foundation.jpg

On-topic: Kim Davis is a slag. And Rosa Parks must be rolling in her grave. Mrs. Parks fought discrimination. Kim Parks fights to discriminate.

rosa+parks+10.jpg

She got let out judge told her not to interfere with marriage licences

Who wants to bet she won't listen? I think she has gotten a taste of fame and is enjoying this whole martyr complex.

Court orders relating to her release (it's a PDF, sorry):

juryverdicts.net/Released.pdf

Pretty much says she can't interfere with her clerks issuing marriage licenses. Wonder if she's going to try and take her name off of them somehow?

Who wants to bet she won't listen? I think she has gotten a taste of fame and is enjoying this whole martyr complex.

^^^^^^ Yep. If I was a betting woman...

She's been released and ordered not to interfere with her deputies issuing licenses.

Boo. I wanted her to stay in jail until she caved or resigned. But I wouldn't want anyone to actually be forced to get their license from her. It's supposed to be a happy time, and having to deal with such a hateful person would be a real bummer.

So, she is out, doing what people told her to do from the get go, and her name is still on the licenses.... but she will still be getting a pay check.

Wonder if she learned that people were moving to get her removed the longer she stayed in jail? Off to google on that.

And, since she stayed a long weekend in jail, she can still do a book and speaking tour!

And all the protesters will think they won... :?

Cruz is probably sad he didn't go see her over the weekend.

I'm betting she lets her deputies issue marriage licenses, then makes up some reason to fire them all.

I'm betting she lets her deputies issue marriage licenses, then makes up some reason to fire them all.

Per the article I read, the Judge plans to check every 14 days to make sure she has not punished anyone for issuing same sex licenses and that they are being issued.

Her attorneys strategy appears to be that any licenses without her signature are not valid, and that those going out recently have not had her signature/( rubber stamp) so I expect that will be the angel she and the attorneys use.

I hope that she does in fact violate judges orders and ends up back in jail, and this time is left to rot while a successful campaign to have her removed from office occurs. Oddly enough, I have no dog in this fight except that letting every one enforce laws based on their own beliefs is begging for chaos.

I also wanted to add that I think it is hilarious that she was appealing to get out of jail so quickly. Wasn't she just saying last week that she will stay in jail as long as it takes and that it is worth it if marriage licenses are not issued to gays? She certainly changed her tune rather quickly. I guess being jailed as a "martyr" isn't all that it is cracked up to be.

Court orders relating to her release (it's a PDF, sorry):

juryverdicts.net/Released.pdf

Pretty much says she can't interfere with her clerks issuing marriage licenses. Wonder if she's going to try and take her name off of them somehow?

Unfortunately this has already happened, and it may pose a huge problem (link not broken because news site).

http://www.kentucky.com/2015/09/08/4025586_marriage-licenses-issued-friday.html?rh=1

Allowing her to continue serving as clerk and not fulfill the responsibilities of her job sets a very dangerous precedent. I foresee nothing but absolute chaos as official after official decides which laws they'll obey and claims religious persecution when called out on it. Of course, it's only religious persecution if you're the correct religion…

rawstory.com/2015/09/lawyers-vow-kim-davis-will-violate-court-order-and-halt-marriage-licenses-after-release-from-jail/

They've already vowed that she will halt marriage licenses.

rawstory.com/2015/09/lawyers-vow-kim-davis-will-violate-court-order-and-halt-marriage-licenses-after-release-from-jail/

They've already vowed that she will halt marriage licenses.

Gurl. Just stop. Stop.

Liz-Lemon-Eye-Roll-and-Exhale-30-Rock.gif

I also wanted to add that I think it is hilarious that she was appealing to get out of jail so quickly. Wasn't she just saying last week that she will stay in jail as long as it takes and that it is worth it if marriage licenses are not issued to gays? She certainly changed her tune rather quickly. I guess being jailed as a "martyr" isn't all that it is cracked up to be.

Jesus as the new orange (or is it orange as the new Jesus) is probably no fun at all! Neither was the prospect of losing her $80,000/job in some future recall election or through action of the state legislature, which won't meet until January.

Between the two of them, she and her son are likely pulling down $140,000/year -- (just wildly guessing that the deputy clerks might be in the neighborhood of $60,000).

The typical work options in that area are probably greeter at WalMart or a convenience store clerk -- both options for honest work, but low on the pay scale.

Anyway, I'm not quite sure why her lawyer is claiming that the marriage licenses are invalid without her name. I'm sure there is a strategy there for further legal challenges to existing law that would not make sense if the marriage licenses were valid.

Gurl. Just stop. Stop.

Liz-Lemon-Eye-Roll-and-Exhale-30-Rock.gif

No way. Keep going, girl. Get your ass thrown in jail again and hopefully this time the judge will LEAVE YOU IN THERE.

No way. Keep going, girl. Get your ass thrown in jail again and hopefully this time the judge will LEAVE YOU IN THERE.

That is also a good idea. I'm just sick of her "matryrdom" and sycophantic supporters.

That is also a good idea. I'm just sick of her "matryrdom" and sycophantic supporters.

I am thinking (i.e. hoping) that if she is in there long enough, the attention around her will die down and her supporters will move onto something else to support/protest. Fundies, as well as people in general, have a short attention span when it comes to newsworthy things. After a while, no one will care about her anymore and she will be left sitting in a jail cell wondering if this was all worth it.

Toss her in again as soon as she violates, with a longer assured time in jail. The longer she's in jail, the more her county will grow weary of paying her salary without her doing her job.

IF she violates, can the judge give her a sentence of "minimum of xx weeks/months and then dependent on her agreeing to fulfill her duties?

HOW was she still getting paid while she was in jail?! WTF! I know she's an elected official but I would think (hope!!) that her employment or salary provisions are dependant on her, you know, being at work. Unless she was using vacation hours or something, I don't see how it's okay to continue paying her.

Government job. She gets paid. If she's actually convicted of a crime they could probably do something, but they would have to impeach her first.

I thought she was hanging out with Huckabee and Farmer Fran when I first saw the pic of them leaving jail. We have now answered the question about who would have her twice. :lol:

I was just reading an article on the top 10 careers that attract Sociopaths yesterday. Civil servants were on that list. Watching her video from being released pretty much nauseates me and makes me think of that list.

But her voice brings back a memory of something. I'm trying to think why I was in Rowan County at the clerk's office when I lived in Fleming but that voice and grin I definitely remember them from my past. Rowan County was bigger. Certain things we had to go to Maysville or Morehead and I remember going to Rowan once. I just can't remember why.

Archived