IGNORED

Apostolic Clerk Disobeys SCOTUS, Denies Gay Marriage License

FundieFarmer

In someways, I am starting to feel bad for Kim Davis. Yes, she is wrong and did stupid stuff. Now is nothing but a political pawn who is brought out when they need to make a statement.i don't think she sees it this way, but I can see them leaving her like a chewed piece of chewed gum on the side of the road after they have used her to her full potential and someone else comes along.

yes that is because she is so gullible. people have used christians all through history they are such easy targets sometimes. She thinks her lawyers think she is a great person.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a new member of the judicial system, one of my duties is performing civil marriages. They asked

One of my cousins is gay, and I had a gay BIL. Not to mention like a gaggle of gay friends. I really don't care who anyone sleeps with, as long as it isn't Mr MM. :P

Today, in a more detailed discussion with my co-worker, she told me her acceptance of gay marriage was due to the fact that she "wasn't raised that way." I took a deep breath and said "We should marry everyone and let them be as miserable as we are" (quoted from someone whom I have forgotten)... at least it lessened the tension over the subject.

Live and let live.... or something.

I am so excited to be able to marry humans - regardless of who they are - I will post when the first ceremony happens!

I used to fire people for a living (think of the movie "Up in the Air" from 2009) ... and marrying people seems so much more ... enjoyable.

*Edited because the R and F are so close together. And wine.

I could see a Quaker taking issue with hunting for several reasons.

As a Quaker, hunting for a purpose, i.e. Food, is not an issue for me. Going on a big game hunt is deplorable to me and I'd oppose giving out a license for that, but if there was someone else in the office I wouldn't object to that person handing it out.

I do have an issue with hand gun licensing because those are not used for hunting food. Some Quakers are meat eaters, some are vegetarians, and some are vegan. There is no doctrine so it's what ever you feel is right for you.

• 8 months later...
On 9/10/2015 at 6:46 PM, SpoonfulOSugar said:

Queerty is reporting that Survivor has filed a $1.2 M lawsuit against Davis and Huckabee for using "Eye of the Tiger." Good on Survivor.

It's been settled out of court, for $25K. Which will almost certainly not all come out of Huckabee's own pocket,  but we can hope he has to cough up at least some of it. The sleazy mofo had the nerve to claim the rally was a "religious service", thus using the song was fair use, and THEN turn around and claim the costs associated with the rally as political campaign expenses.  Just in case you were wondering what kind of a Christian Huckabee is. He's that kind.

Story here: http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/davidbadash/huckabee_has_to_pay_25_000_for_playing_eye_of_the_tiger_at_kim_davis_rally

Archived