IGNORED

Apostolic Clerk Disobeys SCOTUS, Denies Gay Marriage License

FundieFarmer

i read in an article that she was in isolation, i'm assuming that's solitary?

I would guess so, and considering she's the only story CNN currently has that isn't the presidential race, she's still all over the news.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would guess so, and considering she's the only story CNN currently has that isn't the presidential race, she's still all over the news.

if that's the case, it's a little disappointing she isn't in general population.

I can't believe how many fools are actually supporting her. She broke the law! Now there's a Muslim woman refusing to do her job because it interferes with her beliefs.

Hell, one of Missouri's candidates for state Attorney General (Josh Hawley) is saying it's okay for government officials to do things like this. The really confusing parts of the story are that (a) he's an associate professor of law and (b) his largest donation so far is from Peter Thiel, who is openly gay and supports gay-rights causes (and Republicans).

Time to start making my list of who not to vote for in the next election. Oy.

usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/09/01/ky-clerk-defies-court-refuses-issue-marriage-license-gays/71505008/

Quote: Davis won her $80,000-a-year office in November, running as a Democrat, and succeeded her mother who served as county clerk for 37 years, according to The Morehead News.

She makes 80K a year? Seriously? That's almost twice as much as the average public teacher salary for Rowan County, where she lives.

teachersalaryinfo.com/kentucky/teacher-salary-in-rowan-county/

usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/09/01/ky-clerk-defies-court-refuses-issue-marriage-license-gays/71505008/

Quote: Davis won her $80,000-a-year office in November, running as a Democrat, and succeeded her mother who served as county clerk for 37 years, according to The Morehead News.

She makes 80K a year? Seriously? That's almost twice as much as the average public teacher salary for Rowan County, where she lives.

teachersalaryinfo.com/kentucky/teacher-salary-in-rowan-county/

Her salary is higher than some of the full professors at Morehead State University.

I can't believe her lawyer actually compared her to a Jew in Nazi Germany. She's got a decent argument kind of, maybe, and I can see why people are into her and what she's arguing, but that Nazi Germany argument is not it.

Just made me think of the FJ classic. Words mean things.

I can't believe her lawyer actually compared her to a Jew in Nazi Germany. She's got a decent argument kind of, maybe, and I can see why people are into her and what she's arguing, but that Nazi Germany argument is not it.

everything is the holocaust with fundies.

She does not have a decent argument. At all. Full stop.

She does not have a decent argument. At all. Full stop.

People are clearly buying what she's selling, and it has nothing to do with Nazis. Her lawyers should have just stuck to martyring her for the cause at hand.

Sort of off-topic but Nazi-related, sadly. When I was a kid (a teenager, actually) I was riding in an elevator when a lady got on who had a series of numbers tattooed on her forearm. I remember looking at her arm and trying to make sense of it when, suddenly, I realized what those numbers were. Once you see something like that, you never get over it. No, Mrs. Davis is not being treated like a Jew in Nazi Germany and her lawyer would be well advised to drop that comparison immediately. By the way, the Anti-Defamation League has issued a statement urging her to just do her job. Westboro Baptist Church is against her but it's the WBC so who really cares what they think. And, most amazing of all is that three pundits on FOX News have come out against her. (check out Talking Points Memo for the story...amazing)

cnn.com/2015/09/07/politics/kim-davis-same-sex-marriage-kentucky-governor/index.html?sr=fb090715kimdavis6pVODtopLink

She has now asked the governor of Kentucky to free her and provide "reasonable and sensible accommodation so she can do her job." This would include taking her name off of marriage licenses in Rowan County and allowing her deputies to issue the licenses.

the Gov won't respond, saying that it's a matter between her and the courts.

1. 80k in Ky. No wonder she found more than one man to marry her. I bet she has dental insurance too. :D

2. Worked one summer in a deli with a man who had been in a camp. No Kim, just no.

3. Visited the Anne Frank house. Bitch please.

4. Reasonable accommodation? You don't need wheelchair access or computer screen that talks to you. The only thing wrong is YOU refuse to honor the oath you took to uphold and defend the CONSTITUTION of the US of A. :pull-hair: Resign and the good citizens of Rowan County will find someone who CAN do the job.

Not sure if anyone posted yet but the wbc wants to picket her since she practiced adultery. Even she can't please them. But it is funny that they don't like her either

cnn.com/2015/09/07/politics/kim-davis-same-sex-marriage-kentucky-governor/index.html?sr=fb090715kimdavis6pVODtopLink

She has now asked the governor of Kentucky to free her and provide "reasonable and sensible accommodation so she can do her job." This would include taking her name off of marriage licenses in Rowan County and allowing her deputies to issue the licenses.

the Gov won't respond, saying that it's a matter between her and the courts.

So, if they take her name off of the marriage licenses and her deputies issue said licenses, then she wants to continue working there. In other words, the money the gay couples bring in is good enough to pay a portion of her salary, but gay marriage is a sin that she can't be involved with by actually serving said couples at her workplace?

Sounds like someone values their 80K salary more than their principles.

2 things.

1)In a wholly unscientific review, I just read through myfundie watch facebook acount and among the dozens of posts, there were only 2 related to Kim Davis, and one of them didn't even mention her name. This is compared to her being mentioned in nearly half the posts on the same account on Friday. Her attorneys will likely be making some big public statements soon, if they want to keep her momentum going.

2) I agree-- she is not going to want to give up the position.... I suspect in her mind is belongs to her as an inheritance from her mother-- sort of an inherited role. I have yet to see anything that mentions her education level, but I did find that She and her mother have been in the news about their actions in office before.

Kim's mom got some bad PR for Kim's pay and overtime pay a few years ago... and I have long thought the reason she doesn't step down is that she has always worked in that office and has no other skills, was always her mom's daughter and Chief Deputy and now in charge and would have a heck of a time finding a similar job that pays as well and gives her the power she is used to wielding.

The highest staff wage in 2011 – $63,113 – was paid to Bailey’s chief deputy clerk, Kim Davis, who also happens to be her daughter.

Davis is listed at $24.91 hourly for a 40-hour work week and an annual wage of $51,812. She received an additional $11,301 in overtime and other compensation during 2011.

Her rate of pay apparently triggered most of the complaints, The Morehead News has learned from various sources.

Kentucky law permits elected county officials to employ family members and to set their levels of pay. It is a common practice throughout the state.

“My feelings are hurt and I’m disappointed that I was not extended the courtesy of explaining my salary budget before the Fiscal Court was ready to take action,†Bailey said later.

“Kim has worked in my office for nearly 24 years and knows this operation from top to bottom. She works long hours, often goes without vacation, and is very skilled at her job. She earns her pay and does not deserve this kind of treatment.â€

themoreheadnews.com/news/local_news/county-clerk-s-office-budget-reduced-first-time/article_d700d7ff-7041-5c92-ae21-c8454437230f.html

Not sure if anyone posted yet but the wbc wants to picket her since she practiced adultery. Even she can't please them. But it is funny that they don't like her either

i think it's funny, too, but i'm honestly not surprised. what did surprise me was places like huffpost and the like saying they were "surprised" that westboro is against her. westboro hates EVERYBODY. seriously, everybody.

Are you fucking kidding?

While this is technically true, she would not have been exposed, or nearly as susceptible to typhus had she not been in the concentration camp. Therefore she was at least murdered by proxy. Downplaying the Holocaust is just.... :wtf:

I was watching CBC news (a Canadian news channel) this morning and they played a brief clip of the protestors outside this clerk's jail. A young girl walked by holding a sign supporting the clerk. I thought "that looks like one of the Campagna girls". Sure enough I saw this on one of their instagrams: ink361.com/app/users/ig-983170562/mariahcampana/photos (Mariah Campagna was at the protest).

I think this might mean I spend too much time dwelling on fundies but there you go.

i think it's funny, too, but i'm honestly not surprised. what did surprise me was places like huffpost and the like saying they were "surprised" that westboro is against her. westboro hates EVERYBODY. seriously, everybody.

I find it funny that WBC is protesting. Some reason, I don't think the Patriot Guard Riders will come to counter the protest to "protect" Kim's supporters. This makes me smile.

Archived