IGNORED

Apostolic Clerk Disobeys SCOTUS, Denies Gay Marriage License

FundieFarmer

Bitch is loving the attention and so is Fuckabee. Gah, I just want to punch them both in the mouth during their "victory" speech. It shouldn't surprise me how many people have as much hate as that hag, but it does.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I asked my husband, he's pretty sure she was at a wedding we went to--world's most embarrassing redneck wedding ever. He doesn't think I ran into her at the courthouse but he recognizes her too and is pretty sure it was a relative's wedding in Morehead.

Could be, that wedding was such a clusterfuck I tried to forget as much of it asi could, but I think he's right.

Did they have a special skirted prison uniform for her to wear? Or did she (gasp!) wear pants during her unfortunate incarceration (borrowing a line from Anthony from Designing Women)?

I follow the Benham brothers on my fundie watching instagram and they got a shot with Kim. https://instagram.com/p/7YaL4VMFdV/?tak ... viddbenham I kind of regret unfollowing Huckabee last week, but not enough to re-follow him, or even look up his IG.

Edit: of course I looked at Huckabee's ig anyway. No new posts in the last 5 days.

so can anyone add up all the sins she has committed as a born again christian? she is worse then most atheists. but I guess it is ok to sin as long as you are doing right by god I guess.

All those pictures are disgusting. She is enjoying this so much. I want someone to wipe the smug off her face.

Also, does anyone know how baptist fundies feel about apostolic fundies? Would Huckabee and Cruz otherwise be thinking she will go to hell instead because she is the wrong kind of christian?

All those pictures are disgusting. She is enjoying this so much. I want someone to wipe the smug off her face.

Also, does anyone know how baptist fundies feel about apostolic fundies? Would Huckabee and Cruz otherwise be thinking she will go to hell instead because she is the wrong kind of christian?

I don't know if they'd disapprove theologically, but Apostolic Christians are definitely seen as lower class, so they might look down on Davis for that.

I don't know if they'd disapprove theologically, but Apostolic Christians are definitely seen as lower class, so they might look down on Davis for that.

they won't openly have disdain for her while she is the face of their pet cause. no matter how they differ theologically, there are some things that can outwardly unite fundies.

Basic areas of division may include, but are nto limited to

Baptists in general are not into speaking in tongues, apostolic Pentecostals would likely speak in tongues

Southern Baptists like Huckabee don't believe in women ministers, apostolic Pentecostals usually accept women ministers

Many baptists are "once saved always saved" though not all. Apostolic Pentecostals are not OSAS.

There may be some differences in how they view the trinity that are beyond what I care to decipher, but could be sticking points. Some apostolic pentecostals are "oneness" which may not meet the trinitarian beliefs of baptists. I know the Reformed theonomists don't believe she's quite christian.

I am pretty sure that Cruz would have a hard time with her husband's clothing choices..... as do I.

Btw, did you read that Huckabee's crew kept Cruz from the stage with Davis when she was first released?

here is the article. talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/huckabee-cruz-kim-davis

Both presidential candidates were present at the rally at the jail holding Kim Davis, the Rowan County Clerk. But according to a New York Times report of the day's events, a Huckabee aide physically stood in Cruz's path to Davis' side as she and Huckabee appeared in front of the media after her release from jail:

When Senator Cruz exited the jail a throng of journalists beckoned him toward their microphones, but an aide to Mr. Huckabee blocked the path of Mr. Cruz, who appeared incredulous.

Moments later, Mr. Huckabee appeared, joined by Ms. Davis. He stuck close to her side as she approached the reporters, and again when she took the stage, and cast her fight as a choice of tyranny or religious freedom.

the article includes a "sad ted" in the audience.....

The smug will get wiped off her face, when the next "right wing hero" comes along and like Cliven Bundy and George Zimmerman before her, she will be not be a "celebrity" anymore.

Do these idiots really expect that standing up for a government employee who refuses to do her job is going to make us want to hire them to a government position? I certainly don't want a president who refuses to uphold the law. That goes for any party. This whole thing is utterly ridiculous.

If people can start using religion as a reason not to uphold the laws of the land then why is it illegal to ask about religion at an interview? Is it all a matter of wording? i.e. don't ask "what is your religion" but can ask "the job includes doing "x" - do you have any problems with this?"

Do these idiots really expect that standing up for a government employee who refuses to do her job is going to make us want to hire them to a government position? I certainly don't want a president who refuses to uphold the law. That goes for any party. This whole thing is utterly ridiculous.

I have seen some GOP's say they work for god not the government they swore to uphold. if that is so only take gods paycheck not the governments.

And in typical form for politicians, nobody bothered to get permission to use that song: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fre ... on-n423796

Well, here you go, since it clearly had to be done...with sincere apologies to Survivor....

Eye of the Martyr

Getting’ out, back to my desk

Did my time, took my chances

On the stage like it’s some big burlseque

Just a clerk with a will to survive

So many times, it happens too fast

You’re famous, the news wants your story

Don't let go, or your fame’s in the past

You must fight just to keep it alive

[Chorus]

It's the glare of the spotlight

Since my fame’s at its height

Risin' up to the challenge

Of our rival

And the licenses were issued

which the court says is right

if one says I was jailed for my faith

He’s a Liar

Huck and Cruz, out in the heat

Hangin' tough, lookin’ holy

They ran the odds

on who took to the street

Waving Crosses and Signs toward the skies

[Chorus]

It's the cry of the holy

It's the thrill of the fight

My attorneys are raking in thousands

And the last known refuser

Is my son at his desk

And he's watching us all with the eye

of the tiger

Risin' up straight to the top

I was nuts, got the glory

Went the distance

Now I'm not gonna stop

Just a clerk with a log in her eye

[Chorus]

It's the day of the martyr

It's the thrill of the fight

Rising up to the challenge of our rival

And I’ll land back in Jail

When I fail to comply

as the judge watches me with the eye

of the tiger

Saw an ad for the Liberty Counsel on tv today. That's a first, but I think it shows their motives. Let some idiot hang their ass out, then reap the monetary reward. Sick.

If people can start using religion as a reason not to uphold the laws of the land then why is it illegal to ask about religion at an interview? Is it all a matter of wording? i.e. don't ask "what is your religion" but can ask "the job includes doing "x" - do you have any problems with this?"

Yes, it's a matter of wording.

Asking "what is your religion?" won't necessarily tell you what that particular person practices, or how they act upon their beliefs.

"Here is a detailed job description. Are there any part to it that you would not be able to do?" is more specific, and it makes it clear that the issue is ability to do the essential aspects of the job.

Dear Kim Davis,

Don't be too thrilled to be pictured holding Huckabee's hand - he also supports child molester, adulterer, and scandal-prone Josh Duggar.

Sincerely,

Your Scaly Lord and Master

P.S. God loves Gay people - He even says so on Facebook! So please stop using Him as an excuse for your hateful and bigoted views; He wants nothing to do with you.

The Oath Keeper nutbags are getting involved:

The Oath Keepers, the anti-government “Patriot†group that mounted an armed standoff with the Bureau of Land Management at the Bundy Ranch, stationed armed guards outside of military recruitment centers after the Chattanooga shooting, and unsettled Ferguson protestors when they showed up carrying assault rifles, is now offering anti-gay Kentucky clerk Kim Davis a “security detail†to protect her from further arrest if she continues to defy the Supreme Court’s marriage equality ruling.

Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes announced yesterday that he had reached out to Davis’ lawyers at Liberty Counsel to offer the protection of his group, which he says is already forming a presence in Rowan County, Kentucky, where Davis was recently released from jail after prohibiting her office from issuing marriage licenses. Rhodes said in a statement that his position has nothing to do with gay marriage, but rather his conviction that Davis had been illegally detained by the federal judge who held her in contempt for violating multiple court orders.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/o ... s-marshals

I'm afraid someone is going to be killed before this is resolved. :(

The Oath Keeper nutbags are getting involved:

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/o ... s-marshals

I'm afraid someone is going to be killed before this is resolved. :(

My facebook had pictures (right before she was released) of people protesting in front of the judge's house and someone had posted the judges address so others could go there and protest.

This is looking more and more like an out of control farce--- with her overall clad husband with the straw hat with the clear green sunshield as either the court jester or the Clown from IT, but either way, it is the weirdest thing I've ever seen.

And I am going to reiterate, she may or may not have got death threats, but if she did, they are not the first she or her mother has recieved. I'm sure the judge has got them as well. Every relative of mine who has held public office has got death threats--even those who have served on school boards. it goes with the territory. It is not good and should not be ignored, but it does not require the freaking right wing militia to show up and escalate things.

Unfortunately, putting her in jail for a few days just made her a martyr. I understand the desire for a tough stand, but it fed into the persecution complex.

Davis, IMO, had no right to expect that there would be an alternative to doing her job as required or resigning. That said, if they had done a legislative or administrative end run around her so that couples could be married without her signature, she'd have stayed as a nobody.

I asked my husband, he's pretty sure she was at a wedding we went to--world's most embarrassing redneck wedding ever. He doesn't think I ran into her at the courthouse but he recognizes her too and is pretty sure it was a relative's wedding in Morehead.

Could be, that wedding was such a clusterfuck I tried to forget as much of it asi could, but I think he's right.

Please elaborate on said wedding. 8-)

My Southern, Presbyterian grandparents thought Baptists and Pentecostals were lower class. They were apalled when my aunt married a Baptist Republican.

Ordinarily they would, yes, but this is really all about politics, not Christianity. Just like the evangelical protestant fundies know Catholics are all going to hell (and vice-versa), but hey, as long as they are anti-choice, and homophobic, they're useful political allies here on earth. After all, even Jesus hung out with Pharisees and sinners.

Archived