IGNORED

All Things Dillard - Part 5

happy atheist

Ah, thanks, karen77. I thought someone said it was on Jill's. Anyway, I see the photo and I see what you are talking about, nst. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest!!!!!

What am I missing?!?!?!

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please don't tell me that we have to have the bump/normal postpartum belly discussion again?!

I showed my husband the video. He was raised Baptist but hasn't set foot in church for 30 years yet he knew right away what was going on and explained it to me. He had a pained expression on his face the whole time, I don't think it brought up any happy memories.

His one remark about the skit was that he thinks this sort of thing would be offensive to God (if he existed) because it is so lazy and cheap-- not the way to worship the Great Jehovah.

We had that Lifehouse song as one on our playlist while guests came in and sat down at our wedding (6 years ago). We loved that song (I still like it) but we interpreted the lyrics to be toward each other; not God.

My church did these skits to Evanescence songs though. Think "wake me up." We had to endure that quite a bit in youth group.

We had that Lifehouse song as one on our playlist while guests came in and sat down at our wedding (6 years ago). We loved that song (I still like it) but we interpreted the lyrics to be toward each other; not God.

My church did these skits to Evanescence songs though. Think "wake me up." We had to endure that quite a bit in youth group.

Seriously, Evanesence?? I loved them in high school because I was super emo. I'm pretty sure one of their songs is about self-harm.

Seriously, Evanesence?? I loved them in high school because I was super emo. I'm pretty sure one of their songs is about self-harm.

Oh god Evanescence was basically the soundtrack of my middle school years. And yes, one of their more "religious" themed songs alludes pretty heavily to self harm and directly mentions suicide. A sample:

I tried to kill my pain/but only brought more

I lay dying/I'm pouring/crimson regret/and betrayal

I'm dying/praying/bleeding/and screaming

Am I too lost/to be saved/am I too lost?

My wounds cry for the grave/my soul cries/for deliverance

Will I be denied

Christ, tourniquet

My suicide

I actually find it super funny that the vast majority of Christian-themed non-Classical songs I like are all very dark and morbid. This one (Tourniquet), Hellfire from Hunchback of Notre Dame (a song that perfectly describes Josh Duggar's psyche), God's Gonna Cut You Down...I don't like songs where God and Jesus are nice.

Only if you promise not to question my reading skills for the next 5 posts! :D :lol:

I found this you tube that gives a snippet. It is worth watching all the way to the end. The end might be the best part. I feel like this guy is being sarcastic, but I am not totally sure.

We got in free. It is SUPER expensive to get in. It was like 30 or 40 dollars each---but not worth that sum. It should have been a $10 entry. AND REALLY it should have been free. It was like charging people money to witness to them. I dont think I could have convinced my husband to go in due to cost, but some church had brought some people and they couldn't manage to give away all their tickets :lol: so someone walked up to us and asked us if we wanted the free tickets.

It was super cheesy. All fake and tacky. The wax museum life of Jesus story was all dressed in tacky polyester robes with rhinestone trim. There were "riches" everywhere as if the manger was actually a 5 star hotel in Eilat.

The screeching clowns--I am not sure what they were doing. I just remember the sound system was too loud and hurting our ears. There were a lot of old people who were fiddling with their hearing aids. We couldn't wait for the show to be over. It was similar to the "everything" drama, but with clowns and few hundred thousand dollars worth of sound and lighting equipment. It was the regular old Jesus is so awesome routine.

Chick fil-A was there in case we got hungry.

The ONLY things that were actually interesting (to me anyway) was the replica wilderness temple--the big tent temple with the ark of covenant inside blah blah that was from the exodus days, and their little Bible museum that had a decent collection of ancient and medieval biblical texts etc.

The gift shop was interesting. You would be surprised at how many crystal encrusted crosses can be stored in a single room.

Somewhere on some hardrive somewhere I have pics. I will try and find them.

There are no rides, which is a serious drawback. They should have rides.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uFA83ji9BA

here is the whole passion play. At the very end, as soon as that song is over---rock star Jesus burst out of those doors....

edit: this vid is even better:

Here: BONUS!!!! If you watch nothing else, watch this bad review by a Christian that was disapointed in what he saw:

I just don't know what to say. That is just.... weird. And tacky. Were there a lot of people there? And it is tacky. And so much defrauding lady flesh. And cheap tacky construction. And tackiness. And I cannot believe they let the opportunity for a "hang from a cross" or a King Solomon's Mines ride pass by! I was in Orlando a few months ago and did not even see a billboard for this. Must ask friends who are natives if they know of this miracle.

I am going to go try to recover now.

Thanks!

Oh god Evanescence was basically the soundtrack of my middle school years. And yes, one of their more "religious" themed songs alludes pretty heavily to self harm and directly mentions suicide. A sample:

I tried to kill my pain/but only brought more

I lay dying/I'm pouring/crimson regret/and betrayal

I'm dying/praying/bleeding/and screaming

Am I too lost/to be saved/am I too lost?

My wounds cry for the grave/my soul cries/for deliverance

Will I be denied

Christ, tourniquet

My suicide

I actually find it super funny that the vast majority of Christian-themed non-Classical songs I like are all very dark and morbid. This one (Tourniquet), Hellfire from Hunchback of Notre Dame (a song that perfectly describes Josh Duggar's psyche), God's Gonna Cut You Down...I don't like songs where God and Jesus are nice.

Yup that's the one I was thinking of. Even though it mentions being "saved" (which I don't think necessarily means saved by Jesus, but somehow saved from depression and darkness) and Jesus I think it's super inappropriate for church, especially if there's a younger crowd.

What am I missing?!?!?!

1: that video is ridiculous

2: I think that's just a normal post-partum belly. Muscles still stretched out= pooch after a meal. Mine still does the same and I'm 9+ years out from my last baby;)

Yup that's the one I was thinking of. Even though it mentions being "saved" (which I don't think necessarily means saved by Jesus, but somehow saved from depression and darkness) and Jesus I think it's super inappropriate for church, especially if there's a younger crowd.

Haha the irony is the song "Lithium" is very incompatible with Christianity. It's like, anti-Gothard. The antichrist. As is "My Immortal"

http://www.metrolyrics.com/lithium-lyri ... cence.html

http://www.metrolyrics.com/lithium-lyri ... cence.html

Oddly enough, I think a lot of cult/abuse survivors could probably relate to both of them.

And I think it's a little weird that U2 songs are being coopted for Christianity when Bono has had a history of mistrusting religion, only pandering to religious institutions in order to push for his own causes (AIDS, poverty alleviation)

Do you know what that "skit" reminded me of? Camp. Fundies like Jill who never got to experience real camp living it out in their 20s under the guise of ministering to people.

Ah yes! The songs that can be taken "either way". So creepy.

Do you know what that "skit" reminded me of? Camp. Fundies like Jill who never got to experience real camp living it out in their 20s under the guise of ministering to people.

That's probably it. Even their Gothard bible camps aren't like normal bible camps. These kidults are so stunted.

Only if you promise not to question my reading skills for the next 5 posts! :D :lol:

I found this you tube that gives a snippet. It is worth watching all the way to the end. The end might be the best part. I feel like this guy is being sarcastic, but I am not totally sure.

Oh man I am loving Mary's sequined outfit for Jesus' crucifixion :lol:

That's probably it. Even their Gothard bible camps aren't like normal bible camps. These kidults are so stunted.

still don't know what Derick's excuse is though. While he may not have gone to camp, he likely had many opportunities to be in shitty plays that the participants thing are awesome

I wonder what the locals think of Jill's blanket training of Baby Israel. Maybe Jill has learned better "training" techniques from the people she is supposed to teach.

I wonder what the locals think of Jill's blanket training of Baby Israel. Maybe Jill has learned better "training" techniques from the people she is supposed to teach.

Somehow I doubt she's actually learning from those people. Although I do wonder if she's blanket training- she always seems to have the baby strapped to her. Perhaps she's not using it?

Somehow I doubt she's actually learning from those people. Although I do wonder if she's blanket training- she always seems to have the baby strapped to her. Perhaps she's not using it?

Izzy's only 4 months so probably not mobile yet= too young for blanket training. I suppose she could lay him on one to start getting him familiar with it but he can't move yet, I imagine. He may be able to roll over but likely isn't purposely rolling off a blanket to get a toy yet. Unless he's advanced;) My kids weren't quite rolling as a way of getting somewhere else at 4 months.

I commented before the studying picture. I have a pooch like that when I sit at an odd angle. 4 kids will do that to you.

I just find it funny they go to such lengths to hide bellies. Pregnant or not. Those flowers were extremely awkward how they were positioned.

I commented before the studying picture. I have a pooch like that when I sit at an odd angle. 4 kids will do that to you.

I just find it funny they go to such lengths to hide bellies. Pregnant or not. Those flowers were extremely awkward how they were positioned.

And after a c section you could have some extra skin above the scar hangin over, i still have and my sons are 14 and 18 (both c section)

Here are some belly pictures including what i am talking about (and no is is not me ;) ) babble.com/baby/what-our-post-baby-bellies-really-look-like/

And after a c section you could have some extra skin above the scar hangin over, i still have and my sons are 14 and 18 (both c section)

Here are some belly pictures including what i am talking about (and no is is not me ;) ) babble.com/baby/what-our-post-baby-bellies-really-look-like/

I would agree that the pics in the link are pretty par for the course. For whatever reason, there has evolved some truly unattainable standards for what women's bodies are supposed to look like.

I also noticed that Michelle has expressed some self loathing about her belly. It would not be surprising if her daughters have internalized that.

I think we shouldn't be criticizing any of these moms for the size of their post baby belly. Its not kind and the very least thing worthy of snarking about.

I just have to add my contribution to the "WTF!!!!!!" about the drama/skit/play/whatever the hell it was. Firstly, the watchers were so clearly thinking 'Where's the food? How much more of this meaningless nonsense do I have to stand through before I get my dinner?".

Secondly and far more worrying for me, did I just see Derrick touch another woman? :pink-shock: :pink-shock: :pink-shock:

I'm appalled. Traumatised. This goes so against my belief system of how married men should behave that I'm going to go have a lie down now. Send me care baskets, fellow FJers :wink-kitty:

I just have to add my contribution to the "WTF!!!!!!" about the drama/skit/play/whatever the hell it was. Firstly, the watchers were so clearly thinking 'Where's the food? How much more of this meaningless nonsense do I have to stand through before I get my dinner?".

Secondly and far more worrying for me, did I just see Derrick touch another woman? :pink-shock: :pink-shock: :pink-shock:

I'm appalled. Traumatised. This goes so against my belief system of how married men should behave that I'm going to go have a lie down now. Send me care baskets, fellow FJers :wink-kitty:

No care baskets for you! You've been defrauded and are no longer the sweet and pure IrishCarrie we know and love! You must publicly apologize to the congregation for your transgression (which you have no responsibility for) and beg for our forgiveness (which is just downright stupid.) It matters not that you were not the one performing the sinful dance of temptation - you viewed Derick's saucy dance and are a women, therefore you bear the blame!

And while you're at it, spend some time in the Prayer Closet thinking about what you did! :pray: :lol:

Did anyone see on Derrick's Instagram there is a picture of Derrick, Izzy, and Derick's grandpa and the caption was: "3 generations of Dillard" pic with #israeldaviddillard and Pawpaw! At this rate Israel's going to be playing college basketball like his great-grandpa. I am glad to see that at least college might be a possibility for Izzy.

Did anyone see on Derrick's Instagram there is a picture of Derrick, Izzy, and Derick's grandpa and the caption was: "3 generations of Dillard" pic with #israeldaviddillard and Pawpaw! At this rate Israel's going to be playing college basketball like his great-grandpa. I am glad to see that at least college might be a possibility for Izzy.

I do hope so, too! Derrick's love for his school and the family roots/tradition with Pistol Pete give me hope that he will have a big influence on Izzy, his possible future children, and Jill to get them edumacated. Even if the kid majors in Religious Studies or what not, the GE requirement ensures that one takes classes in science (REAL science), and cultural studies. :dance:

Archived