IGNORED

AMY DUGGAR ENGAGED - scratch that - MARRIED

RabbitKM

The picture harkens me back to the episode when the Duggars visit to Dollywood and awkwardly meet Dolly.

But really...you go Amy!...your wedding, your dress. Wonder if JB is allowing the boys in the receiving line for side hugs!

I doubt anyone would even notice the boobs if she weren't a Duggar!

I forgot about their meeting Dolly. That's is my one and only Duggar (10th) degree of seperation. Dolly Parton is my 9th cousin. Our first common great-grandparents married in the 1720's so we're really not all that close these day. After all it's been about 300 years since we'd have been expected to show up at the same Christmas dinner.

Y'all should see our family tree though - we bred like fundies!

(I never get to say y'all even though it's a really useful word since our branch lost right of use once we migrated north...but I'll totally appropriate that colloquialism without shame when talking about tertiary distant relatives who have no idea I exist!)

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, conspiracy theory time: when she got the dress, the top fit. But she's pregnant and she didn't anticipate the pregnancy boob growth, and there wasn't time to alter it.\

I guess we will know for sure in a few months. :)

But seriously, she looks nice. I hope she has a long and happy marriage.

I like the dress (I'm a sucker for simple), but I hope to God a bridesmaid was armed with some industrial-strength tape for her because her boobs are plotting their escape faster than Jana or Jinger. You have to wonder how JB and M reacted to her dirtypillows being on display.

But it seems like the J Girls did get to be flower girls after all...

Just a PSA for anyone who haven't experienced the joy of boob tape: do a trial run! I didn't and trust me, its panic inducing to find out a half hour into a formal that you're allergic to the adhesive. Ow.

Yeah, conspiracy theory time: when she got the dress, the top fit. But she's pregnant and she didn't anticipate the pregnancy boob growth, and there wasn't time to alter it.\

I guess we will know for sure in a few months. :)

But seriously, she looks nice. I hope she has a long and happy marriage.

I thought it, you typed it! That's exactly what it looks like and if so good for her for not slapping on some modesty makeshift coverup. She's not the first woman to have to keep her boobs from escaping and she won't be the last!

And if this is the case, well, it's like my gramma used to say: " the first baby can come at any time, it's the rest of them that take 9 months." :lol:

Ok, she's still our Famy!

The aspiring country music singer, 28, stunned in an Essence by Australia ball gown wedding dress with a train — and pockets!

“I loved how modern it was, and I love the train,†Duggar told Us. “I love everything about it. I would wear it to the grocery store. I might be that bride where I’m wearing it to the grocery store and the gas station. I might bowl in it. Go-karts. …I’ll find a way to wear it all the time.â€

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-new ... z3l0w1UcmL

Holy boobs Batman :pink-shock: :pink-shock:

Did the free dress not include fittings?? The sweetheart neckline and a big chest can be pulled out without showing TOO much. Trying to wait till more pictures are released to judge too much. I don't think the pose with his hands on her stomach helps, he was pretty pushing those puppies up. One of the many things I will never understand about these people...THAT'S the picture you choose to release to the media? That pose is so awkward looking. If I was getting my 15 mins of fame I'd make sure to choose a good picture. Their engagement pictures were pretty cute. Hopefully some better ones come out.

Glad to hear the younger girls were involved.

Also I would have LOVED to be there to see the looks on JB&M's faces when they saw just how Nike that dress was. :lol: :lol:

Her dress isn't fitted right at the top. It reminds me of the SYTTD shows where the bride's boobs are bigger that the sample sizes. But hey, if that's her thing then, flaunt it!

ETA: A plain dress like her's is appropriate for a wedding at a farm.

Okay, for everyone who is beginning to think its a shotgun wedding: 9 months from today is June 6, 2016 and 38 weeks from tonight (if she got pregnant tonight) is May 29th, 2016 so if she has a full term baby before then, we're right :D

I'm actually distracted slightly from the boobilicious top by the absolutely horrid choice of earrings. Unless those earrings have some special meaning (like Jill and Jessa's necklaces) I can't think of a logical reason to wear such cheap looking earrings with such a formal dress.

A different tabloid also has an article on the wedding: usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/amy-duggar-marries-dillon-king-in-beautiful-ceremony-all-the-details-201569.

Apparently the girls weren't "flower girls" but "ringers of the bell". Oh, and bonus for the dress- it had pockets!

can anyone explain was a sermon on roller coasters means?

A different tabloid also has an article on the wedding: usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/amy-duggar-marries-dillon-king-in-beautiful-ceremony-all-the-details-201569.

Apparently the girls weren't "flower girls" but "ringers of the bell". Oh, and bonus for the dress- it had pockets!

From that article: "and instead of a traditional hour-long sermon, the newlyweds opted for a sermon on roller coasters."

I'm guessing it was a sermon about how love and life is like a roller coaster, but I first read the sentence like the ceremony took place on an actual roller coaster and was really confused lol

I'm actually distracted slightly from the boobilicious top by the absolutely horrid choice of earrings. Unless those earrings have some special meaning (like Jill and Jessa's necklaces) I can't think of a logical reason to wear such cheap looking earrings with such a formal dress.

It says in the ET article that the earrings were made by Amy's artist father, who also walked her down the aisle.

I didn't notice her earrings, but I went back and looked... this must be a matter of taste, because I don't see what's wrong with them? They don't look cheap to me... I think they're pretty cool. They go nicely with the simplicity of the dress.

can anyone explain was a sermon on roller coasters means?

From context I'd assume it meant short snd aver before you know it. No down time or filler.

But seeing as every fundyish sermon I've ever heard as seemed like w roller coaster in that they tend to be all over the place, kind of nauseating, and a lot of people super relieved when they're over...kind of like what I'd imagine a conversation with a Duggar would be like. Not to mention the risk of screaming and/or vomiting. Maybe that's what she meant? :wink-kitty:

Such an awkward looking photo. The top of the dress looks way too small, the bottom too big. Not at all what I pictured her wearing. [emoji53]

I actually like how simple her dress is,this is how I wanted my dress to look but my 38 EE boobs wouldn't go for a strapless sweetheart neck line. :pink-shock: :pink-shock: :pink-shock: I think the seeming ill fitting of the dress can be chalked up to the awkward angle he's holding her in, I'll reserve that judgement until we get a full photo of just her in the dress.

I'm gonna need a better shot or two before I can determine the state of her uterus. And of course this is my business, because it's a uterUS, not uterI. :D

Rather glad she didn't go with one of the styles featured here, though it is a bit surprising given how much cleavage (and more!) she chose to display: http://www.funny-city.com/photos/4921-t ... ng-dresses (random mainstream site, so link unbroken)

I didn't notice her earrings, but I went back and looked... this must be a matter of taste, because I don't see what's wrong with them? They don't look cheap to me... I think they're pretty cool. They go nicely with the simplicity of the dress.

They aren't my taste, but I don't think they look cheap - they're fine. With the dress being so simple it leaves her more room to go more elaborate like that.

I do love the bracelet, though. With that style of engagement ring am I right in assuming it's not part of a bridal set with a fitted band? Anyone know if it's a plain band or diamonds?

From that article: "and instead of a traditional hour-long sermon, the newlyweds opted for a sermon on roller coasters."

I'm guessing it was a sermon about how love and life is like a roller coaster, but I first read the sentence like the ceremony took place on an actual roller coaster and was really confused lol

I was speed reading the article, when I first read that I thought it said they had a preacher wearing roller skates, very non traditional indeed!

Side note, after I re-read the article, it made me think of my aunt's wedding nearly 25 years ago, the pastor talked for awhile about "bumps in the road" during the ceremony, on the limo ride to the reception, the car went over a huge bump and my aunt was flung out of her seat onto the floor of the car, which of course brought on a quick quip by my uncle about how they overcame that bump in the road. She was also 5 months pregnant in an off the shoulder dress, and managed not to defraud anyone even when getting bumped to the limo floor.

They both look very happy and relaxed in that picture. Amy looks really beautiful too. Judgement is reserved until I see pictures from other angles, but I actually really like how simple her dress is. I think the skirt looks awkward because of the angle - but the bodice may have been intended to look that way. Either way, good for her for wearing something she loves and that makes her feel sexy!

The ET article said her father made the earrings for her (and hand painted signs for the wedding as well.) Pretty sure that qualifies as having a special meaning (I actually think it's really sweet he did that!) :)

I do love the bracelet, though. With that style of engagement ring am I right in assuming it's not part of a bridal set with a fitted band? Anyone know if it's a plain band or diamonds?

Her engagement ring is set on a plain band (no side diamonds from what I can see). If you go back on King Dill Pickle's Instagram, he posted a pic of the ring in the box.

That style ring is super trendy right now and I've seen people go without a band, use 1 band, use 2 bands, etc. So it'll be interesting to see how Amy's full set will look (if she chooses one)!

Wait, the normal in the us is to wearing the engagement ring with the wedding banda? To wearing a fucking Diamond ring that costs a fucking portion of your liver everyday?

As much as I know she used the Duggar name to get her where she is... so far in every article it talks about Josh and his issues. She must really hate that.

Wait, the normal in the us is to wearing the engagement ring with the wedding banda? To wearing a fucking Diamond ring that costs a fucking portion of your liver everyday?

I'm actually wearing mine right now! :lol:

But yes. In the U.S. The norm is to wear the wedding band close to your hand and the engagement ring under it.

I'm actually wearing mine right now! :lol:

But yes. In the U.S. The norm is to wear the wedding band close to your hand and the engagement ring under it.

Because I get anal retentive over the most random things, that's always bothered the hell out of me. :lol: You wear the engagement ring first, so logically, that's the ring that should be closer to your hand, with the wedding ring going last because it would be placed that way during the ceremony!

Archived