IGNORED

Possible Lawsuit for Josh

DGayle

For the millionth time - the duggars are not well connected in Arkansas -they know a couple former politicians. No judge destroyed evidence. It is time to get over that one.

Never said they were "well connected" in Arkansas. With a family of their size and living in a town that small I think it is a safe assumption that the Duggars know just about everyone in that area. Also, I didn't say a judge destroyed evidence. I said a judge destroyed a report. Could that report have been used as evidence if this civil lawsuit does take place? Sure. But, I don't think victim #5 will need it. Nothing to get over with that one. Simply stating a fact.

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the millionth time - the duggars are not well connected in Arkansas -they know a couple former politicians. No judge destroyed evidence. It is time to get over that one.

Well, if people who have come forward (Christian broadcasters, Pastors, community member church members) and evidence produced, the letter sent to Oprah and the church lady are to be believed, plenty of people in AR knew about these incidents. If JB had enemies in AR, someone would have come forward years ago. People in AR and in the DC area knew, if these folks and the evidence procured is to be believed. Since Josh admitted to the incidents, we know they are true. JB had this kid stand up in front their congregation and admit his faults/sins...1 additional person drastically increases the odds of you being outed. They were connected enough to bury this crime for 10+ years.

Perhaps the courageousness of this victim will propel other victims to come forward. I am certain there are others.

Perhaps the courageousness of this victim will propel other victims to come forward. I am certain there are others.

What is that line about crime?

Something to the effect of you rarely get caught the first time.

I really, really hope that's not the case about there being more. I know it's potentially true, because of the massive amount they managed to conceal already... but I don't want to think about it. There are 3 little kids in his house and 1 more soon.

ETA: rest of my response got eaten. It's all so bad enough already. Hopefully if this anonymous report is true, it will simply be a case to bring the adults who mishandled this at the time to justice. And to get all the victims + Josh some more mandated, actual therapy.

Hopefully if this anonymous report is true, it will simply be a case to bring the adults who mishandled this at the time to justice. And to get all the victims + Josh some more mandated, actual therapy.

A civil case like this (should it happen and should the court not dismiss it because of the expired statute of limitations) is simply a claimant suing for money as a result of a civil tort. No matter what happens, it won't be about actual justice and no one will get mandated therapy (although the specific claimant may ultimately be awarded monetary damages to help pay for her past and future therapy). That ship sailed long ago.

I hope this goes to court. Not just for my curiosity, but because JB shouldn't get to pay to hid his (and Josh's) crimes anymore. I don't feel bad for Anna or the kids. She knew full well, and the kids are young. They will find out in time that their father is a child molester. I doubt going through a civil trial will make it worse for them in anyways.

Makes me wonder if they knew this was coming and that's why the Dullards are leaving on their "mission" so quickly. It's hard to call someone to court when they're in another country. Though Jilly Muffin probably wouldn't be able to wait her turn to talk anyways so maybe it's better this way.

this case has always been a thorn in my side. I have HATED the duggars for ten years. They constantly reminded me about how powerful religious people get away with child sexual abuse. My abuser (a cousin) got away with it because his family was a prominent Mormon family. My family wouldn't press charges because he was about to get married and they didn't want to ruin his life.

During this whole Duggar story going public I keep thinking, is my abuser worrying that even though it's been 25 years that it will come out? Does he think about the similarities?

So today I did something I never thought I would. I think I found him on facebook. He has his account on a tight lockdown, which makes sense. I did something that made me feel off-kilter, powerful, vengeful, and maybe a little girl with a dragon tattoo-ish lol. I messaged him a link to this story. Just the link.

If that 5th victim feels anything even close to how I feel, she isn't in it for money. She probably doesn't care about who knows now. If Her only recourse is to punish him with money, she will gladly do so.

And I hope that if she does come out that she feels vindicated and it will help her heal.

Just weighing in to say I do feel sorry for Anna and the kids, and all the innocents involved here, but this does not mean that a victim should not seek justice and that JB and Michelle should not be exposed for who and what they are.

A civil case like this (should it happen and should the court not dismiss it because of the expired statute of limitations) is simply a claimant suing for money as a result of a civil tort. No matter what happens, it won't be about actual justice and no one will get mandated therapy (although the specific claimant may ultimately be awarded monetary damages to help pay for her past and future therapy). That ship sailed long ago.

Too bad it can't be enforced by the court anymore. I wasn't sure since the statue of limitations things is able to be bent in this case.

Even if only possible "justice" is just getting the victim money to pay for therapy, and absolutely trashing the reputations of the adults who covered it up years ago... that's ok. It's still better than the lack of consequences that's happened so far (they still haven't even officially cancelled the show, right? just put it on "hiatus"?)

What is that line about crime?

Something to the effect of you rarely get caught the first time.

An even more poignant line given the fact that, according to the Duggars, Josh was technically never caught, but confessed.

It is my sincere hope that this 5th victim will not settle with the Duggars and will push it to court, so that the Duggars will be forced to give testimony under oath. Exposing them all publicly for the liars they are is the best justice there can be right now. And I truly hope this brave person will encourage others to come forward. Josh is a pervert who kept getting more brazen and out of control with his assaults. Although I really don't believe there is a cure for people like him, it appears that no efforts were ever made anyway to treat him for his mental illness--just that the Duggars tried to prevent him from having further opportunity to assault his sisters and then they married him off and gave him Anna (and sadly perhaps their offspring) to assault instead. Under these circumstances, I firmly believe that others DO exist but have been kept silenced by the control of patriarchy and the powerful influence of the Duggars. May #5 help set them all free!

Another reason she might be suing now is because the molestation is public. It would be one thing for the victim to make it public herself by suing---the assumption by many would be that she's lying. But she had nothing to do with the outing, In Touch investigated and procured the police records to prove it, the Duggars dug that hole deeper with the interview, the family has lost a lot of respect and many media outlets are keeping their distance from them...people can't blame her for the family's fall from grace. In a lawsuit the public will be much more likely to see her as a victim of Josh Duggar and not the mercenary hussy who ruined the wholesome image they thought was real.

This is what I'm thinking too.

Could it be that this victim coming forward is a "new" victim and not victim #5? The article doesn't specifically state that the individual filing the suit is the victim from the old police reports. The article says only, "A non-Duggar family molestation victim" not "THE non-Duggar family molestation victim. It could be that the breaking open of this scandal has triggered memories of molestation in a new individual. I truly hope this is not the case that another girl was molested by Josh.

Since Anna's dad runs a prison ministry, I will make an educated guess that he works with sexual offenders and knows how high the recidivism rate is. Why would he not try to save her from marrying a confessed child molester? I just can't get past that.

Exactly how much did Anna and her family hear about the things Josh did? How much detail did they hear? Were they so impressed with being associated with the Duggar brand that they didn't ask questions?

I don't know anything about Anna's family, but I DO know that if Anna's parents should now be saying "We failed you by not asking for more detail and specifics, Anna. If we'd known then what we know now, there is no way we would have let him court you, much less marry you.

"Now the truth is out, though, you need to come home. You need to come home to have the baby, and you need to come home, period. He's a child molester. You have children. We've seen him interact with the kids and believe he genuinely loves them, but that doesn't mean he will never be inappropriate with any of them; there are no guarantees. And Anna, we're not going to leave you and our grandchildren in that position. No child molester has the right to a headship.

"No court in the land would give him unsupervised visitation rights with them; he's given that right away by abusing other youngsters. You need to get the kids away from him and come home to us. And we need to apologize; we were seduced by what seemed like the Duggar glamor, and we didn't ask enough questions. We've learned our lesson, and we'll do anything we can to help you raise your children and protect those children from abuse."

I'm thinking back to how I felt at 39-40 weeks pregnant and after just having my babies ... Bringing a baby into the world means you are its protector. How can she look at Josh? Share a bed with him? Contemplate handing off a tiny baby girl to him to change and hold and help raise?

Even in her public (videotaped) moments of doe-eyed adoration and affirmation, I bet she has private ones of despair and hopelessness.

Another reason she might be suing now is because the molestation is public. It would be one thing for the victim to make it public herself by suing---the assumption by many would be that she's lying. But she had nothing to do with the outing, In Touch investigated and procured the police records to prove it, the Duggars dug that hole deeper with the interview, the family has lost a lot of respect and many media outlets are keeping their distance from them...people can't blame her for the family's fall from grace. In a lawsuit the public will be much more likely to see her as a victim of Josh Duggar and not the mercenary hussy who ruined the wholesome image they thought was real.

THIS. Unfortunately, victims often feel they will not believed, but once it's out there, they feel more confident in pursuing justice.

Right now, we can't know why she feels the need to sue (assuming this story line is true) but I am glad she is. She is the only one (as far as we know) with such experience who would also not benefit from the attempts to minimalize Josh's actions. His sisters state it was not a big deal, no harm was caused, and that they forgave him...but they could all potentially benefit from saying those things. She can't, and is most likely hearing things that do not reflect her experience. No matter what, I hope the fifth victim gets the justice she deserves.

I don't feel bad for the Duggars or Anna. The kids yes but JimChelle and Josh no. They thought they were untouchable and God's. They thought they were better than everyone else. I hope they get exposed for everything. JB can't work his way out of this one. He's not that fame smart. I think that interview hurt them a lot. JB should've just kept quiet and stay off tv, but no he thinks he's jesus and can perform miracles.

Since Anna's dad runs a prison ministry, I will make an educated guess that he works with sexual offenders and knows how high the recidivism rate is. Why would he not try to save her from marrying a confessed child molester? I just can't get past that.

I loathe Anna's parents. They put their desire to marry into a famous family above their daughters/granddaughters safety and future. It's one thing if your daughter chooses to marry a loser but in this case the dad had all the power and is the one who made it happen! Would even one person here encourage tjeir daughter to marry someone who had molested kids?? Ugh

I'm sort of here. I don't care about Josh and his repercussions but Anna and the kids? They will suffer greatly due to this. I see no happy outcome for them in the short term. Long term if they divest themselves of him then maybe.

I feel that it is better if Josh is forced into treatment and assessment of his problems. Everyone is safer in the long run.

And frankly, if Anna joins the "cover-up" club and starts insisting that the past abuse was nothing, then her children are not safe.

As a person who was abused sexually, emotionally for 6 years as a child thru my teens I will say again it doesn't matter how long ago it was, if the person is alive or in your life there are triggers. Just because time passes doesn't mean you are not effected. You are every day all the time one damn trigger rips and shatters your world all over again. Not only do you relive the abuse, you relive that no one listened, no one believed you no one cared. You live with that for the rest of your life so maybe just maybe that is what this all coming out publicly is doing to the 5th victim. Or maybe she is finally strong enough to stop pushing every horrible memory back and and is so pissed off she wants to stand up for herself and fight back and to that I say all the power to her. All the power to take down not only a molester but a family that thought they were above everything that probably intimidated her, scared her and now she feels comfortable enough to stand up for herself.

If he truly believes that "Jesus saves" people from their "transgressions" and makes a sinner into a "new creature", he might believe that Josh will never do it again--or even better does not even have a desire to do it again. Cos you know Jesus fixes that stuff up for people if they only trust him.

Then there is the other issue that someone else brought up. He simply didn't know how many victims there were and the extent of the molestation. After all, it was just some "mild, inappropriate touching".

For all we know, Anna's father has told her to come home and bring the kids, but Anna has said :"No, Dad. Josh is my headship now. My place is with him". OR maybe Anna has asked to come home and her father has said: "No, Anna, Josh is your headship now. Your place is with him". I would not be surprised if either of these scenarios happened.

In my opinion, Anna is in a really difficult spot because, like most of the kids, she does not have anywhere to go. Right now Anna has a choice between Josh and her father and maybe her father has told her to stay with Josh, or maybe life is better with Josh than with her father. They are afraid of the outside world. People in these types of groups can have a fear that everyone outside their religion is actually in league with Satan. Gothard followers can be truly frightened about getting out from under the umbrella of authority because they expect to have bad things happen to them if they leave. They could even lose their salvation if they reject God's plan for them.

Maybe we need to set up a safe house for Jinger to flee to if she decides she needs to. (I am being silly, but it is no joke that there are constraints on any of them breaking away).

Archived