IGNORED

Possible Lawsuit for Josh

DGayle

I feel sorry for Anna because she was "BornBrainwashed". This horrible cult is all she has ever known. Homeschooled. Going to the big events like the one where she met JoshiePoo, where the fundie line is applauded, as she was perming her hair. Alll she had was her family, her parents and her sisters, and they were saying it was such a great thing.

I do not think JB and Meechelle told the whole truth and nothiing but the truth to the Kellers.

Anna's gushing and adoring of Joshie is what annoys me. I'm sure she is a very loving mother, and I do feel badly for her now. Cults are insidious. Like sometimes life and truth isn't difficult enough to manage without all of that nonsense thrown in.

:angry-banghead: :pull-hair: :disgust:

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Since Anna's dad runs a prison ministry, I will make an educated guess that he works with sexual offenders and knows how high the recidivism rate is. Why would he not try to save her from marrying a confessed child molester? I just can't get past that.

Because Pa Keller believes that re-offending only happens when you don't have Jesus in your heart. When you let the devil in by seeing women wearing pants or playing team sports, etc.

She was what 19? And she really really liked Joshie. And she probably had the development and maturity level of someone much younger. Her parents are saying it was cool, so if your parents who are the one that are supposed to protect you, say it's OK, why would she doubt it?

And though EVERYTHING JB ever says is suspect at best, if molestation is this common in the community, who knows, JB could be thought of as the Gold Standard of how this fucked up people handle it. Maybe some don't even get questionable counseling and mentoring.

I would think wow what slim pickings did Ma & Pa Keller have that they OK'd this. I would have listened to Josh's confession and said that is fabulous that you've made this recovery... from my car window as I was driving my family away. Let some other family roll the dice with all the possible consequences.

Actually, I went back and reread what she said on the subject. She said she was first told the first time her family stayed with the Duggars, 2 years before the engagement. IF she really liked Josh at the time (which I HIGHLY doubt because she didn't even seem to "really like him" when they got engaged or any time after marriage), she still had 2 years to come down from that cloud and realize that a sexual abuser isn't the kind of man you want to be marrying.

New member and first time poster here.....I wonder.....If the TTH is deemed a church, does that make JB a preacher or even a lay preacher? Are preachers mandated reporters? How about the "church elders" that Josh "confessed" to? Are they mandated reporters?

Go easy on me.

Not having enemies is a lot different than having a lot of connections. I mean, my dad and I have both served in elected positions. As far as I know, neither of us has any enemies. That doesn't mean that either of us has the kind of connections necessary to make problems disappear.

People talk...loose lips sink ships- enemies or not.

Good! He should have to pay for what he's done. I wish it was one of his sisters who was doing it, but we all know that will never happen.

New member and first time poster here.....I wonder.....If the TTH is deemed a church, does that make JB a preacher or even a lay preacher? Are preachers mandated reporters? How about the "church elders" that Josh "confessed" to? Are they mandated reporters?

Go easy on me.

That's a widely held myth, TTH isn't a church.

People talk...loose lips sink ships- enemies or not.

I wasn't disagreeing with you. Just adding onto it by stating not having enemies isn't the same thing as having a lot of connections.

AV Club picked up the story. I especially liked this bit of snark:

Shockingly/hilariously/depressingly, TLC still hasn’t officially canceled 19 Kids And Counting, though, which is especially surprising in light of how quickly NBC was willing to drop the hot potato that is Donald Trump. This just goes to show you the difference in priorities between a regular network like NBC and a basic cable channel like TLC. One can’t associate itself with a dopey racist, and the other hopes we’ll all forget about the family that tried to cover up child abuse.

I'm having a lively discussion with a few people about all the Duggars legal problems on another board. There is one fellow who keeps posting inside information. He could be a troll though he doesn't act that way. Why enter a discussion between 4 or 5 people, buried deep inside the comments of an old article, if he wants to seem like an insider? Here is his latest, he calls himself "Harry", take it with a grain of salt -

"I just learned Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar are being sued as well as Josh Duggar.

It appears this victim is going against her parents' wishes and her church. She was questioned repeatedly in the past month by more than one agency that is investigating the Duggars for child sex abuse. I understand this victim is having a very tough time of it both mentally and emotionally as well as losing friends and family over this. I do NOT blame this victim for doing this, she is very young herself and this is, and did, harm her without a doubt."

If posting this is against this board's rules, I will delete immediately.

I could absolutely believe that the litigation involves JB and M- had they gotten the kid help in 2002, real help, outcomes might have ended differently for the victims.

IMO, since this is a civil case, it should involve JB and M-

I'm sort of here. I don't care about Josh and his repercussions but Anna and the kids? They will suffer greatly due to this. I see no happy outcome for them in the short term. Long term if they divest themselves of him then maybe.

She chose to be with Josh after being fully aware of his past, as much as I would like to feel bad for Anna and the kids... she was stupid to think that there was no possibility of this ever becoming public. That's like playing with fire and being smug when you get burnt.

I'm having a lively discussion with a few people about all the Duggars legal problems on another board. There is one fellow who keeps posting inside information. He could be a troll though he doesn't act that way. Why enter a discussion between 4 or 5 people, buried deep inside the comments of an old article, if he wants to seem like an insider? Here is his latest, he calls himself "Harry", take it with a grain of salt -

"I just learned Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar are being sued as well as Josh Duggar.

It appears this victim is going against her parents' wishes and her church. She was questioned repeatedly in the past month by more than one agency that is investigating the Duggars for child sex abuse. I understand this victim is having a very tough time of it both mentally and emotionally as well as losing friends and family over this. I do NOT blame this victim for doing this, she is very young herself and this is, and did, harm her without a doubt."

It's plausible. It's also quite possible that she's been approached by members of the Arkansas plaintiffs' bar with promises of riches.

It's plausible. It's also quite possible that she's been approached by members of the Arkansas plaintiffs' bar with promises of riches.

The Duggars don't have enough money to promise anyone "riches". At any rate, the girls would need support of some kind, if her family and church are truly against her suit (if there is a suit, I'm not finding any rock solid verification.) It sounds to me like she received the number to a victim's rights organization from someone at DHS after questioned her. IF someone found her a proper lawyer, I hope the first motion is to file a change of venue. They need to get this out of Washington County.

All hypothetical, naturally.

The Duggars don't have enough money to promise anyone "riches". At any rate, the girls would need support of some kind, if her family and church are truly against her suit (if there is a suit, I'm not finding any rock solid verification.) It sounds to me like she received the number to a victim's rights organization from someone at DHS after questioned her. IF someone found her a proper lawyer, I hope the first motion is to file a change of venue. They need to get this out of Washington County.

All hypothetical, naturally.

I don't think they meant the Duggars were promising riches, but the plaintiff's attorney. They would hardly be the first attorney to promise riches where there were none to be had, or to try to find a clever way to bring in some deep pockets who really have nothing to do with the issues (TLC or someone).

I don't think they meant the Duggars were promising riches, but the plaintiff's attorney. They would hardly be the first attorney to promise riches where there were none to be had, or to try to find a clever way to bring in some deep pockets who really have nothing to do with the issues (TLC or someone).

Though most folks here disagreed with me when I stated it, I think there is a great case to be made against TLC by any victims of the molestation.

Or maybe I simply have the mind of a greedy lawyer. :evil3:

I very much doubt she'll get rich, and any attorney who knows the area knows that. Juries in northwest Arkansas are notoriously stingy with civil awards. They don't generally hand out million-dollar damages, especially if the plaintiff can't show actual monetary damage in that degree. It would be pretty average if she got $40k - $50k out of it with the lawyer getting a big chunk. The reason I know this is because of a civil matter regarding an injury to a family member. No attorney wanted to take it because NWA juries won't make it worth their while. IMO, she's probably doing this to force the Duggars to tell the truth. She likely wouldn't gain much otherwise.

I very much doubt she'll get rich, and any attorney who knows the area knows that. Juries in northwest Arkansas are notoriously stingy with civil awards. They don't generally hand out million-dollar damages, especially if the plaintiff can't show actual monetary damage in that degree. It would be pretty average if she got $40k - $50k out of it with the lawyer getting a big chunk. The reason I know this is because of a civil matter regarding an injury to a family member. No attorney wanted to take it because NWA juries won't make it worth their while. IMO, she's probably doing this to force the Duggars to tell the truth. She likely wouldn't gain much otherwise.

Do you think a change of venue would be successful if pressed by Victim 5's attorney? The courts in Washington County might allow it, simply because they don't want to handle the press coverage or the security issues. Maybe it would move to Little Rock, and become a whole new situation for Jim Bob and his cop friends.

The "Harry" in the other board is also saying that Arkansas DHS is making a big deal over a conflict of interest by Josh hiring off duty cops to guard his home while DHS is pursuing an active investigation against him and his parents. The Duggars are stirring up shit they don't have the capacity to recognize. If true, then that is another solid reason for a change of venue.

That never occurred to me and very interesting, if true. The NFV would have been told by her family and church that a.) it was nothing, b.) Josh was sorry, and c.) God has forgiven him so she should too. All these years she was probably discouraged from asking any questions. Then along comes a secular outsider with a completely different take on the matter. "How do you feel about what happened to you?" "Did you ever receive any psychological counseling?" "Did you want to press charges against Josh at the time? How about now?" "Are you aware that victims of child abuse can still feel the effects long after they are grown?" Suddenly what she has been told about what happened to her and how she should feel about it are completely thrown into confusion and she is left with more questions and more emotion over unfinished business.

Though most folks here disagreed with me when I stated it, I think there is a great case to be made against TLC by any victims of the molestation.

Or maybe I simply have the mind of a greedy lawyer. :evil3:

I don't expect its a great case, but maybe enough to make them pay you to go away.

It is possible she is coming forward because the version she is hearing from the Duggars is false. I can't imagine anyone who isn't already in the public eye would want to go public about this, unless they hoped to make money somehow or are really angry that it is being downplayed by the Duggars and their church.

It is also possible that this is simply an attempt by the media to keep the story going or flush out the final victim.

Anyone else remember during J & A's wedding, when Anna was vowing to obey Josh, that she added a few words like "as is healthy" to the vow? It struck me as odd-sounding at the time. Now, not so much.

Add in Shrader, the Pecan-thief and how they treated Daniel and Suze when they first left the fold and I will NEVER understand the love many people here often state(d) for these sorry excuses of parents.

Aw shucks isn't what comes to my mind when evaluating the spouses they chose for their offspring.

I really don't know much about Anna's family. But I've often wondered if her Dad is finding these awful husbands (Josh and David) for his daughters so that he can "save" them (the men.) I feel like if he worked in prison ministry or whatever, maybe he felt it was his duty to find wives for these men to "righteously fulfill" their thoughts...or save them from their impure thoughts in some way.

I really don't know much about Anna's family. But I've often wondered if her Dad is finding these awful husbands (Josh and David) for his daughters so that he can "save" them (the men.) I feel like if he worked in prison ministry or whatever, maybe he felt it was his duty to find wives for these men to "righteously fulfill" their thoughts...or save them from their impure thoughts in some way.

The Kellers are ATI nobodies who made pretty good ATI matches for four daughters. The Duggars had/have money and 'fame,' the Wallers are ATI bigwigs, Shrader went on to disavow ATI but is still deeply fundie, McDonald moved away from fundyism but is still a conservative Christian. I don't think Mike Keller has too many complaints with these men, especially considering that two other children entirely rebelled by fundie standards: Daniel chose to align more with his wife's beliefs, iirc, and Suze had a kid outside of marriage and is now a single mom (she lives with the McDonalds btw).

Archived