IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Lucky 13

happy atheist

Can you imagine how happy Jordyn would be if Dolly Parton had succeeded in taking her from J'Chelle and Boob as an infant?

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be 'industirous' if the boys were actually building something themselves that was theirs.

But, I know Jim Boob has his tentacles :fsm: all over this, just like all the rest of the ventures. These boys are being used and like the TLC monies (abused) as the next financial scheme.

How much money does it take to make a video?

Gah! I need a sarcasm font - I do not think that the boys are being industrious! Probably takes next to no money since they have basic equipment already. I'm guessing they want money for their time since they're tryna make a livelihood off of this.

Can you imagine how happy Jordyn would be if Dolly Parton had succeeded in taking her from J'Chelle and Boob as an infant?

So happy. When Dolly was joking, "I'm going to keep her" I was like DO IT!!!!

i am surprised that they got to such a place of vice. Happy birthday Jenny.

Chuck E. Cheese!!!

With FRIENDS!!!

And somebody actually combed and styled the younger girls' hair!!!

This is about as normal as it gets for those kids.

Has it been discussed here that Marjorie and Josiah have broken up - a few weeks ago?

(Maybe because TLC won't pay for the big wedding now that the show is cancelled ? Or she and/or her family don't want to be associated with the Duggar name?)

Has it been discussed here that Marjorie and Josiah have broken up - a few weeks ago?

(Maybe because TLC won't pay for the big wedding now that the show is cancelled ? Or she and/or her family don't want to be associated with the Duggar name?)

Yep, in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=26535&start=160

What is it that Jim Bob does all day? I looked for real estate professionals named "Duggar" on trulia.com and zillow.com, and neither of them had any agent named James Robert Duggar, Jim Bob Duggar, Mary Duggar, or Michelle Duggar. In my experience, realtor.com is more complete, and when I looked there James Robert Duggar and Mary Duggar are both listed as working for Good Neighbor Realty in Springdale, AR. But the only means of contact is a phone number. Neither of them or "Good Neighbor Realty" has a website. There's no indication that they're showing any property or that they've helped people to sales, at least recently.

Did he just kiss off working for a living in the assumption that he would never have to work again? Does he actually have a big real estate empire? Am I missing something?

What is it that Jim Bob does all day? I looked for real estate professionals named "Duggar" on trulia.com and zillow.com, and neither of them had any agent named James Robert Duggar, Jim Bob Duggar, Mary Duggar, or Michelle Duggar. In my experience, realtor.com is more complete, and when I looked there James Robert Duggar and Mary Duggar are both listed as working for Good Neighbor Realty in Springdale, AR. But the only means of contact is a phone number. Neither of them or "Good Neighbor Realty" has a website. There's no indication that they're showing any property or that they've helped people to sales, at least recently.

Did he just kiss off working for a living in the assumption that he would never have to work again? Does he actually have a big real estate empire? Am I missing something?

Some people have a realtor license so that they can buy and sell investment properties for themselves without paying commission. I think JB is in that category. In the past it was claimed that he made a living off of his commercial properties. I would expect that he has been adding to his portfolio during these fat tv years. At least I hope so---for the sake of keeping all those kids fed.

I shudder at the thought of feeding that many teen boys at once and I don't think tater tot casserole can do the job.

Gah! I need a sarcasm font - I do not think that the boys are being industrious! Probably takes next to no money since they have basic equipment already. I'm guessing they want money for their time since they're tryna make a livelihood off of this.

That's ok. I need one too! I made a joke about Erin and Chad over on the Bates thread recently - no one got it. And then the great "Is Chad Attractive or Not" War broke out. :lol:

Fortunately, that will never happen in a Duggar thread, VelociRapture!

Can't you just imagine it?!

"Joseph is OBVIOUSLY the dreamboat of that family!"

"No, it HAS to be John-David! He's the only one who actually works for a living!"

"Nu-uh! That James kid is going to be a real looker one day! Until then, I'll settle for Josiah - he just seems so sweet!"

:ew:

Gothardites do not believe in working for anyone but themselves. I think being around potentiallyungodly unGothardite people is potentially damaging to the spiritual vessel.

It's a cult-

what is interesting though is that in many cults, hard work is expected. And in many cases, hard work is equated to increasing their spiritual connection to whatever warped religious view that they have. Gothardism, or at least the version we have seen the Duggars and Bates, seems to be one of the few cults that seems to embrace laziness.

In many cults, people are expected to work hard and then donate large sums of money to the cult, such as in Scientology. In other cults people eschew the modern world, live in cult community and often work very hard farming, gardening, building structures, etc, such as in the Jones Town cult.

In Gothardism, there seems to be an acceptance of the Men not working, getting laid whenever they want, while the wife does some sort of home based economy type of job, like selling essential oils, or running a blog and then also raising the children until the sister moms are old enough to take over.

When they face extreme poverty, they just pray it away, and find excuses as to why that brings them closer to God. No one seems to take responsibility for their poverty, a la Jill Rodriguez but will accept money in exchange for services no one wants such as terrible singing, or violin playing, or sharing of "testimony".

It is so incredibly fucked up.

Gothardites do not believe in working for anyone but themselves. I think being around potentiallyungodly unGothardite people is potentially damaging to the spiritual vessel.

It's a cult-[/quote

I guess that leads me to other thoughts that aren't very profound, but bug me. Okay, now the TLC bandwagon has rolled away, they're not going to get anything like significant donations to "Duggar Studios," and the boys don't seem to have any thoughts about how to pay their own way in the world. Is there evidence that Jim Bob has been a good patriarch and is now suddenly going to be able to work for a living? I don't get the feeling he's wiling to buy houses and do work to remodel and flip them; that would be too much like work! Josh has said he knows he doesn't want to do construction. He's probably unemployable. What's the game plan? Who's going to start working in earnest?

It would be 'industirous' if the boys were actually building something themselves that was theirs.

But, I know Jim Boob has his tentacles :fsm: all over this, just like all the rest of the ventures. These boys are being used and like the TLC monies (abused) as the next financial scheme.

How much money does it take to make a video?

I just graduated from high school and was a regular in our Video and Broadcasting course and plan on attending collage for film making, but it actually doesn't take anything besides time, creativity, and appropriate equipment to make a quality video. We are a rural little community, but we were provided with everything we need: SD cards to cameras to editing software. Considering they already have the equipment (I'm sure it's higher quality than anything I ever operated), they don't really need anything else, besides someone to teach them better techniques--I've watched their videos, B+ tops at best.

To be honest, the most money we ever spent was $100 on our entry for a PSA, and if we won, we would've received 5x our investment. The majority of all money spent on our videos was for gas and food--our cast always performed better and cooperated more when feed.

So, since they have they have at least 10 other people to use as their cast/crew and the equipment needed, they may need $200 tops for a "high quality" video, to be completely generous here, depending on what they're shooting... but what does a little girl from Georgia know... besides this being a cheaper hobby than flying a plane. :think:

JB has not held a work -outside -the- home job other than TLC, in a very, long time. I'm not sure he is employable in the everyday work world. I know that JB and Josh started that credit card processing business and are funneling money off the donations that the Dillards receive.

Other than that, I assume that the rental business and working his investments to make additional money will keep JB busy.

JB is set. He has no mortgage, many properties and other income earning assets. He is 50 yos old, his family is most likely complete and he has first rights to the wealth.

It's the kids, particularly Josh and Jessa, who are really hosed.

I just wonder how long all those other adult kids can sit around doing nothing on JB's dime? Are the Duggars going to turn into the Maxwells?

Like someone said, teenage boys can EAT, and it seems the middle boys did not grow up in the lean, meals consisting only of rice years. I also wonder if rebellion is right around the corner for the howlers and younger girls when the lifestyle needs to take such a drastic turn.

Even Chuckie Cheese and the Trampoline place have to be rare treats when your family numbers 20+-

JB has not held a work -outside -the- home job other than TLC, in a very, long time. I'm not sure he is employable in the everyday work world. I know that JB and Josh started that credit card processing business and are funneling money off the donations that the Dillards receive.

Other than that, I assume that the rental business and working his investments to make additional money will keep JB busy.

JB is set. He has no mortgage, many properties and other income earning assets. He is 50 yos old, his family is most likely complete and he has first rights to the wealth.

It's the kids, particularly Josh and Jessa, who are really hosed.

I just wonder how long all those other adult kids can sit around doing nothing on JB's dime? Are the Duggars going to turn into the Maxwells?

Like someone said, teenage boys can EAT, and it seems the middle boys did not grow up in the lean, meals consisting only of rice years. I also wonder if rebellion is right around the corner for the howlers and younger girls when the lifestyle needs to take such a drastic turn.

Even Chuckie Cheese and the Trampoline place have to be rare treats when your family numbers 20+-

Jessa isn't THAT hosed. She can try and get a GED, maybe go to community college. And it's not as if it'd be impossible for Bin to find work.

Jessa isn't THAT hosed. She can try and get a GED, maybe go to community college. And it's not as if it'd be impossible for Bin to find work.

If she used BC she'd be a great deal less hosed.

And all the things you address above, take initiative, work and effort. Maybe Ben has it, not sure about Jessa.

Remember in 13 +/- weeks, Jessa will have another responsibility sucking up her time.

Yes, people can work out of a deficit, I'm just not sure Ben and Jessa are those kind of people.

I suppose they could do the mission route, but again, I'm not seeing Jessa easily making that lifestyle choice.

Once upon a time I had students who were making their own way through college and not receiving any money from their families. (Well, maybe they got the occasional gift of cash, I don't know.) A lot of them had "work-study" jobs on campus. I also seem to remember that many years before that a friend couldn't get a student loan because her parents were using her as a deduction, even though she was supporting herself and not living at home. But that was years ago. How difficult would it be for one of the Duggar children to support him or herself while attending an actual, accredited 4 year college or university? Would that be possible?

I imagine Jim Bob is using all the kids he can as deductions, but . . . once they're married, he can't use them as deductions, right? Could one of his married children (or their spouses) get student loans and/or work study jobs and break outta Springdale?

I know, I know. That would involve getting a loan!!! I know that's against Jim Bob's rules, but frankly, there is such a thing as getting a loan AND PAYING IT AND THE INTEREST BACK and still being seen as a good, religious American. If God damns people to Hell for that, BOY is Heaven going to be empty. Getting loans is how most Americans live, and they do so honorably.

(Just as a side question, does the Bible actually even mention Hell? As far as I can remember from my Religious Studies classes, it was sort of tacked on, probably by people who wanted to keep their children terrified and wanted some excuse to look down on neighbors they didn't approve of.)

I also had a friend who was working part time as a live-in nanny in trade for room, board, and maybe some cash. That's another way people used to fund college. You couId find advertisements from hopeful parents in the want ads of the student paper. Ahem.

I paid off my student loans a long time ago. I don't know how independent students fund their studies any more. I'm asking in case someone out there DOES know and wants to explain IN CASE THERE ARE SOME FUNDIES READING THIS THREAD WHO WANT TO GO TO COLLEGE IN ORDER TO SUPPORT THEMSELVES LATER IN LIFE. Hint hint.

Once upon a time I had students who were making their own way through college and not receiving any money from their families. (Well, maybe they got the occasional gift of cash, I don't know.) A lot of them had "work-study" jobs on campus. I also seem to remember that many years before that a friend couldn't get a student loan because her parents were using her as a deduction, even though she was supporting herself and not living at home. But that was years ago. How difficult would it be for one of the Duggar children to support him or herself while attending an actual, accredited 4 year college or university? Would that be possible?

I imagine Jim Bob is using all the kids he can as deductions, but . . . once they're married, he can't use them as deductions, right? Could one of his married children (or their spouses) get student loans and/or work study jobs and break outta Springdale?

I know, I know. That would involve getting a loan!!! I know that's against Jim Bob's rules, but frankly, there is such a thing as getting a loan AND PAYING IT AND THE INTEREST BACK and still being seen as a good, religious American. If God damns people to Hell for that, BOY is Heaven going to be empty. Getting loans is how most Americans live, and they do so honorably.

(Just as a side question, does the Bible actually even mention Hell? As far as I can remember from my Religious Studies classes, it was sort of tacked on, probably by people who wanted to keep their children terrified and wanted some excuse to look down on neighbors they didn't approve of.)

I also had a friend who was working part time as a live-in nanny in trade for room, board, and maybe some cash. That's another way people used to fund college. You couId find advertisements from hopeful parents in the want ads of the student paper. Ahem.

I paid off my student loans a long time ago. I don't know how independent students fund their studies any more. I'm asking in case someone out there DOES know and wants to explain IN CASE THERE ARE SOME FUNDIES READING THIS THREAD WHO WANT TO GO TO COLLEGE IN ORDER TO SUPPORT THEMSELVES LATER IN LIFE. Hint hint.

Hmm. I think, if I remember correctly, that our modern interpretation of Hell actually comes from Dante's, "The Inferno." I like to think of it as the 1300's epic poem version of a Taylor Swift revenge song. :lol:

As for student loans - I would think that they would need a cosigner if they wanted to take out a loan in their own name because they likely have no credit history. I could be wrong about that though.

If they attended an in-state community college and were able to live with someone for free then it might be possible. I actually looked up one of the community colleges around their area a while back to see about tuition costs and everything. . . I'm too tired and lazy to try and figure it out again though.

Here's a link to NWACC, located in Bentonville. It lists estimates for cost of attendance for a school year:

nwacc.edu/web/lss_fa/cost_of_attendance

If one of the kids lived at home with their parents and were given the ok to attend CC, it could cost roughly $6,532.00 a school year if they live in the Bentonville/Rogers school district - students outside that district living with their parents pay about $7,600.00. Not too bad. If their parents kick them out though, it could cost far more than that - the website estimate is about $18,000.00 for in-district and $19,150.00 for out-of-district. And if they're not given access to any money they may have earned and they aren't able to access Financial Aid for some reason, that could make it extremely difficult for them to attempt to earn an education.

They could apply for the Work Study program, but whether or not you are accepted into that program depends on your Financial Aid. If they aren't able to get Financial Aid for some reason they'd probably be denied Work Study. Scholarships and Grants are possibilities, but no guarantees.

The Duggar in question could get a job and try to pay for classes as they go. I'm not sure they'd be hired at a job that would pay a livable wage though, so just surviving could be difficult.

There are a lot of factors that could lower or heighten those estimated prices though. The website below talks more about cost of tuition and applicable fees. It appears one credit hour is about $75.00 for people who live in the Bentonville/Rogers district.

nwacc.edu/web/treasurer/tuition_fees

For any Duggar child, I would think Community College would be an excellent first step. Once they have a better grasp on budgeting, living on their own, and attending a real school they could either complete their Associate's degree/Certificate program and/or they could transfer to a 4-year public University to pursue a Bachelor's. Getting approved for Financial Aid might be easier for them at that point because they'd likely have some sort of credit history, some work experience, and educational experience as well.

Brilliant!

I remembered a quotation from that fine old English Victorian philosopher and women's rights advocate, John Stuart Mill. He was also an atheist, and when some good Christian soul asked him if he was concerned that perhaps, after death, he'd learn there really was a Hell and that Mill was going there. Mill snapped back, "If such a being can sentence me to Hell, to Hell I will go."

It is a little difficult for me to believe that a loving God, the God Jesus described as merciful and loving, would send people he created off to a cosmic frying pan.

Hmm. I think, if I remember correctly, that our modern interpretation of Hell actually comes from Dante's, "The Inferno." I like to think of it as the 1300's epic poem version of a Taylor Swift revenge song. :lol:

As for student loans - I would think that they would need a cosigner if they wanted to take out a loan in their own name because they likely have no credit history. I could be wrong about that though.

If they attended an in-state community college and were able to live with someone for free then it might be possible. I actually looked up one of the community colleges around their area a while back to see about tuition costs and everything. . . I'm too tired and lazy to try and figure it out again though.

Here's a link to NWACC, located in Bentonville. It lists estimates for cost of attendance for a school year:

nwacc.edu/web/lss_fa/cost_of_attendance

If one of the kids lived at home with their parents and were given the ok to attend CC, it could cost roughly $6,532.00 a school year if they live in the Bentonville/Rogers school district - students outside that district living with their parents pay about $7,600.00. Not too bad. If their parents kick them out though, it could cost far more than that - the website estimate is about $18,000.00 for in-district and $19,150.00 for out-of-district. And if they're not given access to any money they may have earned and they aren't able to access Financial Aid for some reason, that could make it extremely difficult for them to attempt to earn an education.

They could apply for the Work Study program, but whether or not you are accepted into that program depends on your Financial Aid. If they aren't able to get Financial Aid for some reason they'd probably be denied Work Study. Scholarships and Grants are possibilities, but no guarantees.

The Duggar in question could get a job and try to pay for classes as they go. I'm not sure they'd be hired at a job that would pay a livable wage though, so just surviving could be difficult.

There are a lot of factors that could lower or heighten those estimated prices though. The website below talks more about cost of tuition and applicable fees. It appears one credit hour is about $75.00 for people who live in the Bentonville/Rogers district.

nwacc.edu/web/treasurer/tuition_fees

For any Duggar child, I would think Community College would be an excellent first step. Once they have a better grasp on budgeting, living on their own, and attending a real school they could either complete their Associate's degree/Certificate program and/or they could transfer to a 4-year public University to pursue a Bachelor's. Getting approved for Financial Aid might be easier for them at that point because they'd likely have some sort of credit history, some work experience, and educational experience as well.

It'd also be easier for Jessa and Bin to get approved for financial aid because they're married. I know a guy who got married to his highschool sweetheart and became eligible for way more financial aid because he was no longer considered a dependant once he got married.

Archived