IGNORED

Doug Phillips & Vision Forum & Lourdes - Part 2

happy atheist

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I going BSC or does BRADRICK! seem to be turning into a normal human being?

5 minutes ago, Hane said:

Am I going BSC or does BRADRICK! seem to be turning into a normal human being?

He appears to be trying... of course it would be nice to see some non-superficial proof. Something like continuing education for Kelly, for example. Until then, I have no doubt that he's just as skilled at manipulating his image as his former mentor. 

38 minutes ago, ladyamylynn said:

He appears to be trying... of course it would be nice to see some non-superficial proof. Something like continuing education for Kelly, for example. Until then, I have no doubt that he's just as skilled at manipulating his image as his former mentor. 

Continuing education for Kelly would be a nice thing, but it would be a challenge with a houseful of littles. I shudder when I think how she nearly died after having Geneva Convention and being dragged to DPIART's Normandy WWII cosplay.

Just now, Hane said:

Continuing education for Kelly would be a nice thing, but it would be a challenge with a houseful of littles. I shudder when I think how she nearly died after having Geneva Convention and being dragged to DPIART's Normandy WWII cosplay.

True. I just find it kind of nauseating that he gets to play at being a normal Pacific NW Christian dude and she's stuck at home with a billion kids and no ability to better her future. I dunno, real estate seems flexible enough that he could spend some time at home with the kids. 

1 hour ago, ladyamylynn said:

True. I just find it kind of nauseating that he gets to play at being a normal Pacific NW Christian dude and she's stuck at home with a billion kids and no ability to better her future. I dunno, real estate seems flexible enough that he could spend some time at home with the kids. 

In terms of a fundie leaving the fold, they have a really good chance of making a go at it. They moved away from her family, across the entire country, and haven't had a new baby since their departure.  Which is the longest in Kelly's incredibly fecund history of instantaneous pregnancies. If you read past posts about what Kelly's life was like before leaving- no hot water, a cold farm house, and her husband always trying to impress DPIAT/R and his FIL, life is better for her now. Because if they hadn't left- it would be SO much worse for her.  She would either be dead from another delivery complication or she'd have one or two, additional, more babies to take care of.

I want them to succeed; I want them to be a big "Fuck You!!!" example to the whole Vf crew and especially her family. 

Here's a glimpse of Kelly's life several years after her marriage to Peter:

56d4ff4cb1e92_Copyofuntitled.JPG.1a0f904

It comes from a great commentary by Ingrid. If you haven't seen Ingrid's blog, she absolutely nailed fundie hypocrisies & VF in particular. Here's her hilarious review of Return of the Daughters, and here's her satiric commentary on VF. Enjoy!

ETA: Total props to Peter & Kelly for moving themselves and their family across the country from the toxic Scott & Deborah Brown. It's always sad when family members have such major quarrels but there are situations of separating to survive and I suspect that this is one of them. Peter's own parents may not be that wonderful either but it seems as if they have more space & autonomy as a couple and family in WA. And, yes, it would be nice to see Kelly pursue higher education, if she wants to do so.

Thank you, nausicaa!

BRADRICK! still has that crazy eyed look. In the last picture he looks like he's ready to pull a roaring chainsaw out of his backpack. Princess Kelly, for her part, still looks as beautiful as ever, even after all the years of mindless breeding and endangering her health. And they really did made some cute kids. Wonder if they ever regret the names of the first three...

I still have it hard to believe that they have truly changed. I don't expect them to ever become gay loving and Obamacare endorsing liberalists, but I'd like to see them say they are sorry for what the beliefs they were actively spreading did to countless women and children (that is, in case they have really made a 180 degree turn). While I doubt we ever get their apology I am happy they seem to live a much more normal life now. I'm mostly happy for their kids to get the hell away from Scott & Deborah B. But, we shouldn't forget it was Peter's mom who wrote a whole damn article about how to physically punish your kid...

More case updates:

2/26/2016NON-JURY
SETTING ON M/T ENFORCE MEDIATION
SETTLEMENT AGREEMENT**DROPPED**
COURT: 109 TRIAL DATE & TIME: 3/16/2016 9:00AM

T001462/26/2016NON-JURY
SETTING ON M/T ENFORCE SETTLEMENT
AGREEMENT
COURT: 109 TRIAL DATE & TIME: 3/15/2016 9:00AM

P001472/29/2016DESIGNATION OF
ATTORNEY IN CHARGE

P001482/29/2016MOTION TO
ENFORCE MEDIATION SETTLEMENT AGREEMENT (
CROSS)

I'm sure the terms of any settlement are probably confidential, but I keep hoping there will be some kind of records. Or maybe something will leak out.  Very curious...

1 hour ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

But, we shouldn't forget it was Peter's mom who wrote a whole damn article about how to physically punish your kid...

Absolutely, which is why I hope that the Peter, Kelly & kids are at least at arm's length from the senior Bradricks who, speaking of apologies, have never, ever publicly acknowledged the evil of Doug Phillips Is A Rapist or VF.

3 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Absolutely, which is why I hope that the Peter, Kelly & kids are at least at arm's length from the senior Bradricks who, speaking of apologies, have never, ever publicly acknowledged the evil of Doug Phillips Is A Rapist or VF.

And also staying the hell away from Scott Brown and his NCFIC.  One trip to Scottie's website tells you he's still beating his drum about family-integrated churches and sufficiency of scripture.  He hasn't  changed one bit about where he stands on the importance of living a "godly" life.  I think it's becoming more clear that the Bradrick! move 3000 miles away to Washington state was every bit about escaping old Scottie.  

I also can't stop appreciating that Kelly got a nose ring.  You go, girl!  

22 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

You are making the assumption that Kelly WANTS continuing education.  For all we know, she has the exact life she wants.  As long as they are both happy in their roles and neither is being forced to behave a certain way by their church or families, I will say they are evolving.  

4 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

More case updates:

2/26/2016NON-JURY
SETTING ON M/T ENFORCE MEDIATION
SETTLEMENT AGREEMENT**DROPPED**
COURT: 109 TRIAL DATE & TIME: 3/16/2016 9:00AM

T001462/26/2016NON-JURY
SETTING ON M/T ENFORCE SETTLEMENT
AGREEMENT
COURT: 109 TRIAL DATE & TIME: 3/15/2016 9:00AM

P001472/29/2016DESIGNATION OF
ATTORNEY IN CHARGE

P001482/29/2016MOTION TO
ENFORCE MEDIATION SETTLEMENT AGREEMENT (
CROSS)

Marian.....As usual, my non-legal brain needs a translation. :)

Just now, Queen Of Hearts said:

You are making the assumption that Kelly WANTS continuing education.  For all we know, she has the exact life she wants.  As long as they are both happy in their roles and neither is being forced to behave a certain way by their church or families, I will say they are evolving.  

True to the bolded! There's really no way to know, but I'm a firm believer that a solid education is the foundation for the sort of independence that would allow a woman to freely choose a life at home with lots of children. 

35 minutes ago, ladyamylynn said:

True to the bolded! There's really no way to know, but I'm a firm believer that a solid education is the foundation for the sort of independence that would allow a woman to freely choose a life at home with lots of children. 

And a well-educated SAHM would be a better teacher for her homeschooled kids.

35 minutes ago, Hane said:

And a well-educated SAHM would be a better teacher for her homeschooled kids.

Yes, but this obvious truth, not to say FACT, escapes a majority of the fundies we snark on.

7 hours ago, gustava said:

Marian.....As usual, my non-legal brain needs a translation. :)

I'm sorry, I don't know what it means...we non-law-librarians get into big trouble if we try to fake our way through legal interpretations. I was hoping one of our Texas legal experts would weigh in! :pb_smile:

Scotty was just out there preaching at a church...I wonder if he saw his daughter and grandchildren. I have hope for them as some of the other Bradrick children have lightened up, see Stephen's FB page. Free Kelly and Peter!

• 3 weeks later...

New DPIAT sighting... looks like he's in Iwo Jima (big surprise)

http://www.operationmeatball.com/new-girlblog/return-to-iwo-jima-pt1

I wondered over to OperationMeatball after seeing a video post from a group called 'Letters From Home' (lettersfromhomesingers.com) because of the similarities.  Looks like LFH was started in 2010 in Winston-Salem, NC.  Have to wonder if DPIAT ran into them, saw the success they were having and decided he and his girls would get in on the action.  Just idle speculation on my part.

4 hours ago, Maxwell said:

New DPIAT sighting... looks like he's in Iwo Jima (big surprise)

http://www.operationmeatball.com/new-girlblog/return-to-iwo-jima-pt1

I wondered over to OperationMeatball after seeing a video post from a group called 'Letters From Home' (lettersfromhomesingers.com) because of the similarities.  Looks like LFH was started in 2010 in Winston-Salem, NC.  Have to wonder if DPIAT ran into them, saw the success they were having and decided he and his girls would get in on the action.  Just idle speculation on my part.

How do they keep getting money for all this? 

14 minutes ago, mausi said:

How do they keep getting money for all this? 

Well, partly from  GoFundMe, apparently.  From that site (I'd rather not link) "In the summer of 2014, after returning from Normandy and the 70th anniversary of the D-Day invasion, my two sisters and I decided to commit the next few years to honoring and showing gratitude to the veterans of the Second World War."

Well, if that is all Daddy allows you to do ...

I'm all for learning about history and appreciating what veterans did in WWII.  However, it doesn't strike me as terribly healthy for these girls to be obsessing about what is, in fact, their great-grandfather's generation.  They seem to be glorifying war not appreciating the pity of war.  It's not all fancy 40s clothes, songs and the American flag.

I've been out of touch for quite a while, and completely missed the liberalization of Petey and Kelly. Wow! Even I don't have a nose ring! :) 

How many of the girls from RotD have left by now? Lourdes obviously, and now Kelly. And did I see someone say Jasmine's no longer involved? I forget who else they profiled... one girl who was working for her father's construction business, and of course the Robotkins. Was there anyone else?

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived