IGNORED

Doug Phillips & Vision Forum & Lourdes - Part 2

happy atheist

Weird to see the youngest Phillips kids so grown-up. Do we know how old the youngest three are? I must say I miss the endless VF and Dougie snarking opportunities. All those festivals, family conferences, and endless costumes were _PURE GOLD_.

Has anyone heard anything from the poor disowned Petey and his sturdy pioneer wife Kelly? More than anything, I miss hearing from these two wackos and their interestingly named kids. After all, Petey was my Number Two Fundie after the Maxwells. IF Princess Kelly hasn't had any kids after number 6 (Shepherd?), I might have a slight hope that they really saw some light after the VF fiasco and did real soul searching.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just checked Bradrick!'s public FB page.  New photos from 12/28/15 of him and his brother and some other guy I don't know, a photo of Kelly with Geneva Convention and a younger boy on an airplane, a photo of Bradrick!, Kelly, and I think the same younger boy (it's a closeup) in front of a tree (looks like Kelly has a nose ring -- is that even possible?), a photos of Bradrick! and Geneva Convention making goofy faces, and finally a photo of Bradrick! with 3 other grown men and a young boy all in tuxes, presumeably for a wedding somewhere.

Yep, Alexandra fled to Europe at a time when not only was her brother's cult imploding in a sex scandal of his own making, but her recently deceased father's extremist political views were being more closely scrutinized than ever. She wanted to distance herself from these freaks so much that she even changed her name, but Doug isn't letting go-- because he now sees her as a ticket to normality. "See? I was never a woman-hating monster! Women can do anything! Hooray for barren wombs!" 

57 minutes ago, WonderingInWA said:

I just checked Bradrick!'s public FB page.  New photos from 12/28/15 of him and his brother and some other guy I don't know, a photo of Kelly with Geneva Convention and a younger boy on an airplane, a photo of Bradrick!, Kelly, and I think the same younger boy (it's a closeup) in front of a tree (looks like Kelly has a nose ring -- is that even possible?), a photos of Bradrick! and Geneva Convention making goofy faces, and finally a photo of Bradrick! with 3 other grown men and a young boy all in tuxes, presumeably for a wedding somewhere.

That's sure what it looks like to me. Wow, Doug posting feminist empowerment interviews and Kelly sporting a nose ring. What's next, the McDonalds announcing they're polyamorous? The Thomas boys moving to Colorado and opening up a head shop? Spanky posting pics of himself, naked and mud-covered, at Coachella?  

Nose adornments seem to be a thing amongst some (ex)fundie women. Ashleigh Baker got one several years ago, Jasmine Baucham Holmes got a piercing 1-2 years ago, and there may be others -- just canʻt recall offhand.

Re: whatʻs next. Maybe weʻll live to see Doug Phillips drive an art car to Burning Man!

1 hour ago, WonderingInWA said:

(looks like Kelly has a nose ring -- is that even possible?)

Ok, now I'm officially stunned :pb_eek:

Thanks for the info of the new photos. Times like these I wish I had a FB account. Gotta ask Mr. Lurker to let me use his account for just a tiny while to check this out... (I can already hear him saying for the hundredth time "why don't you just get your own account?" Hard to explain that I don't need it for the usual purposes, I just need it to check some fundies out every once in a while ;)

I went searching for Bradrick!'s public page but could not find it.  I did find one but the pics were older, from August 2015.

46 minutes ago, pook said:

I went searching for Bradrick!'s public page but could not find it.  I did find one but the pics were older, from August 2015.

He's got a late fall pic (from the looks of it) on Instagram of four of their cute kids playing in the yard. I note that Eva is wearing pants.

I wish the Shupe children got to romp like that.

I also note that they've moved to Tacoma, much closer to his Real Estate office than when they were living near his parents. My dad grew up about 5 blocks from their house--it's a pleasant part of town.

2 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Re: whatʻs next. Maybe weʻll live to see Doug Phillips drive an art car to Burning Man!

O PLS O PLS O PLS :pray:

58683008_2dc4c01d94_z.jpg?zz=1

Guess what? Stacy McDonald, longtime friend of Doug Phillips, Tim Bayly, RC Sproul Jr., and Doug Wilson, JUST NOW discovered that “there really is such a thing as ‘hyper-patriarchy’ after all. James says I live under a rock. I think I like my rock.

https://www.facebook.com/stacy.mcdonald/posts/10207142696277910?pnref=story

“I guess I have been naïve,” Stacy reiterates in the comments!

xpydkf.jpg

13 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

Guess what? Stacy McDonald, longtime friend of Doug Phillips, Tim Bayly, RC Sproul Jr., and Doug Wilson, JUST NOW discovered that “there really is such a thing as ‘hyper-patriarchy’ after all. James says I live under a rock. I think I like my rock.

https://www.facebook.com/stacy.mcdonald/posts/10207142696277910?pnref=story

“I guess I have been naïve,” Stacy reiterates in the comments!

xpydkf.jpg

Obviously, she's hit her head 7 or 8 million times on that rock she lives under. Otherwise, she'd be a lying liar who lies, and we all know how much her crowd values honesty. :whistle:

Lawsamercy, FJ-ers, some of our old favorites are emerging from the shadows and providing a fresh gold mine of snarkworthiness! Happy New Year!!

"I guess there really is such a thing as “hyper-patriarchy” :pearlclutching:  after all." Stacy. Honey. Tell me you're joking. Tell me this "Golly-gee-whillikers, kids!!" routine is your dress rehearsal for April Fool's Day. Otherwise, I'm gobsmacked. I can't even.

For the record, the word "lust" appears 19 times - so far - in Stacy's post, and all the hand-wringing, pearl-clutching comments and debates that follow. Mercy, mercy me. All this talk of sex.

(Oh, and by the way, DWT, you had me going for about 15 seconds with "Justin Turley came out as gender fluid" - nice one!! :pb_lol:)

Happy New Year! Stacy might be hyper-brainless. Those essential oils she peddles have damaged too many of her too-few brain cells.

I love the idea of Spanky Sproul at Coachella......he hasn't remarried yet, has he? I thought he'd be snapped up instantly.

12 minutes ago, starfish said:

Happy New Year! Stacy might be hyper-brainless. Those essential oils she peddles have damaged too many of her too-few brain cells.

I love the idea of Spanky Sproul at Coachella......he hasn't remarried yet, has he? I thought he'd be snapped up instantly.

You know-- I did, too! He may be repugnant to us, but he has breeding and he'll have money. Lots of it, someday. And whoever marries him will earn every penny, schlepping those kids around and submitting to Lord knows what in the boudoir. 

I did not know the family had money. The grand-dad Sproul? I know Darby has the one child, and I have been wondering when she will announce her second pregnancy. She seems to be running some kind of online used clothing store.

On December 28, 2015 at 7:39 PM, Marian the Librarian said:

Doug has updated his FB page with several new family pics as well, and a video of JTitsup and one of his sisters (Faith?? I can't keep them straight...) singing "Accentuate the Positive." :roll:

https://www.facebook.com/douglas.phillips.1238?fref=ts

I'm not 100% sure if it's kosher to screencap pics of minor children, so I'm not copying them here...but here's a comment from one of Dougie's acolytes - "Thank you for inspiring so many fathers."

Blech.

I don't see it, has it been deleted?

31 minutes ago, Rosie said:

I don't see it, has it been deleted?

The comment about Dougie inspiring so many fathers? It would appear that it has.

Hi Dougie! :pantsonfire:

wow....Kelly and Peter look so relaxed and dare I say, free....I hope that 6 is enough for them and let me also just state that I find Stephen Bradrick very very attractive. He has left the fold too I believe...his FB page has a woman in a bikini he shot for a portfolio. Here's to freedom in small ways for our former die hard fundies!

Kelly Bradrick is rocking that nose ring.  She looks happy, healthy, and she's wearing a SLEEVELESS TOP.  It's like the nightmare that was Return of the Daughters never happened.  And they have some seriously cute kids.  I'd like to hang out with Geneva Convention for awhile. :)  

You go, Bradricks, keep breakin' those chains.

I did not know the family had money. The grand-dad Sproul? I know Darby has the one child, and I have been wondering when she will announce her second pregnancy. She seems to be running some kind of online used clothing store.

By Forbes' billionaire standards, Sprout Sr. isn't super-wealthy but he's managed to sock away a decent sum from his decades with Ligonier "Ministries" and its related product lines.

16 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

The comment about Dougie inspiring so many fathers? It would appear that it has.

Hi Dougie! :pantsonfire:

LOL!  No, the video itself - I'm looking at Doug's Facebook page and not seeing it?

15 hours ago, teachergirl said:

wow....Kelly and Peter look so relaxed and dare I say, free....I hope that 6 is enough for them and let me also just state that I find Stephen Bradrick very very attractive. He has left the fold too I believe...his FB page has a woman in a bikini he shot for a portfolio. Here's to freedom in small ways for our former die hard fundies!

Where are the photos?

6 minutes ago, Marian the Librarian said:

https://www.facebook.com/peterbradrick?ref=ts&fref=ts

Photos are on Peter Bradrick's public FB page, on the left.

And you're right - the "Accentuate the Positive" singing video has also been scrubbed from Dougie's FB page. 

Alas, I don't see the photo on Petey's page. Did he remove it?

At least I got to see the singing video on Doug (Phillips who is a tool)'s page. Hoping for many, many more snark-worthy moments from my favorite VF folks in the upcoming months.

oh, and Doug Phillips is a tool.

On 1/3/2016 at 8:17 AM, WonderingInWA said:

I don't see these photos, either.  I see the ones from the Fall, but not December.  I did notice that the wedding was in 2006, so that means they will be celebrating 10 years.  WOW!  Time slipped away so quickly....I must be old. ;)

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived