IGNORED

Doug Phillips & Vision Forum & Lourdes - Part 2

happy atheist

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nolan on Facebook:

The most important day of my adult life, 24 April 2015, was the day I changed my belief in Jesus. It was a belief I held since third grade, when the Christian message of Jesus was first explained to me.

I thank Lourdes Torres, Dominate Herbst, and many others for the pain that made that possible.

They are not responsible for my decision, I am. But the universe used them to help me change my brain, in a very positive way, at a very deep level…

facebook.com/nolan.manteufel/posts/917796641601173?pnref=story

Who the hell is Dominate Herbst?

ETA: Here's a Dominic Herbst, who appears to be a Christian counselor:

restoringrelationships.org/dherbst

Nolan on Facebook:

facebook.com/nolan.manteufel/posts/917796641601173?pnref=story

Who the hell is Dominate Herbst?

ETA: Here's a Dominic Herbst, who appears to be a Christian counselor:

restoringrelationships.org/dherbst

I guess that's what's known as a fundie faux pas? Anything that accidentally uses the words dominate, submit, etc. :lol:

I guess that's what's known as a fundie faux pas? Anything that accidentally uses the words dominate, submit, etc. :lol:

It could even be called a "Fundian Slip" :shifty:

I suspect Nolan will be going though the throes of the ending of his marriage for quite some time. Anguish, craziness, betrayal, grief, bitterness, black pits of despair and dark nights of the soul....all the normal stuff that takes a long time to work through --- it's just that we all get a front-row seat as he live streams his emotional state(s) courtesy of the interwebs.

I thank Lourdes Torres, Dominate Herbst, and many others for the pain that made that possible.

One of Dominic Herbsts' DVDs is

Filmed at the Men of God Conference at Cornerstone Church in San Antonio, Texas, Dominic Herbst provides a highly energized and motivating presentation of this “ministry of reconciliation†model.

Herbst received his psychology M.A. from Liberty University. However, the Bethesda Family Services web page does not emphasize or reference religion, and yet.....the four steps seem like a very Christian-based model of forgiveness and redemption:

Lastly, it is not enough to educate the minds of troubled youth and adults; we also focus upon healing their hearts. This is achieved through our "Four Steps to Emotional Healing."

The following is a brief explanation of our "Four Steps to Emotional Healing," the journey through which trained counselors take their clients:

1. Admission and Grieving: (Video) The first step toward victory and healing, after a primary relationship has broken down, is admission and grieving. As pain is poured out, healing begins to pour in. "The rain of grieving will quench the fire of rage."

2. Confrontation and Disclosure: (Video) The victim is now ready to confront his painful past and the offender(s) who contributed to it. This process begins with a series of assignments which are set forth in letter form by the victim to his parent(s) and/or offender(s). When these written memories are applied, the result is truly life-changing for the participant. The final stage of confrontation and disclosure requires the victim to take accountability for his offenses of retaliation toward his own victim(s). This allows for complete restoration.

3. Forgiveness and Reconciliation: (Video) This third stage requires a purposeful decision on the part of the victim to let go of the bitterness and rage that previously owned him. He is not surrendering to the offender, but rather the bitterness he feels toward the offender. The choice to forgive is always difficult, but only this decision will bring genuine emotional healing to the victim and those around him.

4. Restoration and Healing: (Video) After the victim has progressed through each of the three previous steps to healing, he is now at peace with his past and able to regulate his emotions. He must then make a contractual commitment to release his offender(s) and move forward toward rebuilding his current relationships. This results in emotional and relational healing. Only then is he able to develop healthy and lasting relationships.

The victim must make a "contractual commitment"???

Steps 2-4 seem to just be a restatement of "forgive" but the *contract* is troublesome. Contracts are between two entities. Between the victim and God? The victim and his own consciousness? The victim and the perp---bull sheet!

• 2 weeks later...

I fell down the DPIAT rabit hole.  Oh my!  

And in honor of my rolling through eleventy threads on DPIAT, I have a present.  More cellos?  I can help. 

apocalyptica-03.jpg

Bumping to report - the latest case updates:

10/16/2015 CERTIFICATE OF WRITTEN DISCOVERY
10/26/2015 NOTICE OF DELIVERY OF
C/R BETHESDA FAMILY SERVICES FOUNDATION
(ANY & ALL)

I fell down the DPIAT rabit hole.  Oh my!  

And in honor of my rolling through eleventy threads on DPIAT, I have a present.  More cellos?  I can help. 

apocalyptica-03.jpg

Are these buys backing up Riverdance or Celtic Woman or what?  They just can't be Americans.  The center and left-most guy are def rocking serious eyeliner. 

ETA:  Thank you!

The cellists are the band Apocalytpica (thank you Finland).  Left to right Eicca, Perttu (who has a lot more guylinger than it looks) and Paavo.  (plus a drummer hiding somewhere).  Heavy Metal on Cellos.  Paavo (right) I believe holds a masters from Sebelius in Helsinki.  The other two studied there but did not graduate.  Eicca (left) formed the band.  Perrtu held a seat with Helsinki philharmonic for a while (gave up because of the band).  

Bumping to report - the latest case updates:

10/16/2015 CERTIFICATE OF WRITTEN DISCOVERY
10/26/2015 NOTICE OF DELIVERY OF
C/R BETHESDA FAMILY SERVICES FOUNDATION
(ANY & ALL)

Any ideas what this means?

Looks like Bethesda is a "faith-based" counseling program. They seem to have some programs in Texas. Dominic Herbst is the founder--name seems familiar. Did Nolan reference him at some point? Not sure of the connection.

edited for riffle

Has anyone noticed Nolan's latest accusations? On his facebook, starting on October 28, he has been claiming Lourdes is living with his best friend.

Oh, Nolan.  Shut up!  You are no longer in high school!

Seriously, Nolan and Lourdes have divorced.  She can date and live with whomever she wants.  I would say that, if this is true, she is living with Nolan's former best friend.  Nolan may suspect they began the relationship during the marriage but we don't know.  Things happen.

It may be against adolescent "girl code" or "man code" to date your best friend's former partner, but that is more honored in the breach than in the observance.  Social groups are limited and people usually partner with those they know. 

I'm sorry but, unlike Nolan, I'm too old and cynical to get het up about this.  Relationships change over time.  Nolan needs to move on.

Recent case activity. Wonder why they appointed a special master?

P00131 11/5/2015 MOTION FOR
SPECIAL MASTER IN DISCOVERY FILING FIRST
T00130 11/6/2015

NON-JURY
SETTING ON MOTION OF SPECIAL MASTER IN
DISCOVERY FILING 1ST REPORT
COURT: 109 TRIAL DATE & TIME: 11/12/2015 8:30AM

A special master usually will deal with discovery issues.  It's quite normal for one to be appointed. You can go to them to deal with issues related to written discovery, depositions, etc. It is less formal and faster than having to go through the court system where your judge may not be able to hear your discovery motion for months due to court backlog. A special master can set a hearing for your motion/dispute, say a few days or weeks away from the day of your request. The hearings with the special master can be heard in his office or even over the phone with all parties in attendance. A special master can also make recommendations to the court on issues which the court may ultimately have to sign off on such as case management orders. 

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived