IGNORED

Doug Phillips & Vision Forum & Lourdes - Part 2

happy atheist

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably taken at the Alamo in the last week.  It's been in the mid to high 70s over the last week in San Antonio.  

Doug has updated his FB page with several new family pics as well, and a video of JTitsup and one of his sisters (Faith?? I can't keep them straight...) singing "Accentuate the Positive." :roll:

https://www.facebook.com/douglas.phillips.1238?fref=ts

I'm not 100% sure if it's kosher to screencap pics of minor children, so I'm not copying them here...but here's a comment from one of Dougie's acolytes - "Thank you for inspiring so many fathers."

Blech.

5 hours ago, halcionne said:

I capped it, just in case they pull it. 

Um.... The Tool has an attractive son (JT I think? The oldest with a beard) and my brain and my vagina are fighting about it...

ETA: Oh thank god he's 22. I'm only almost a decade older so it's not too creepy.

1 hour ago, Marshmallow World said:

Um.... The Tool has an attractive son (JT I think? The oldest with a beard) and my brain and my vagina are fighting about it...

ETA: Oh thank god he's 22. I'm only almost a decade older so it's not too creepy.

He's the spitting image of his toolish father, except the hair colour. Ewww.

3 minutes ago, DaffyDill said:

He's the spitting image of his toolish father, except the hair colour. Ewww.

I know :/ But still.... I'd hit it. As long as he didn't mention swelling cellos during coitus. 

Did you see that Doug congratulated his sister Alessandra on her opera career? Even though she herself admits on her FB page that her lifestyle is "unconventional"? 

Doug's other sister, Jennifer, celebrated Pride this summer by "rainbowing" her profile pic. Hope he enjoyed that.

11 hours ago, Marshmallow World said:

You're not alone. There's been a brain/vagina fight club about J.T. around here for a long time. I'm pretty sure I'm President as well as Sergeant at Arms. 

19 hours ago, halcionne said:

I capped it, just in case they pull it. 

Be-all really needs to stop with the giant flowers in her hair. Why are some of the daughters dressed like they are going to a 1940's cosplay? 

34 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Be-all really needs to stop with the giant flowers in her hair. Why are some of the daughters dressed like they are going to a 1940's cosplay? 

I think Doug and Beall are trying to spin it like, "Patriarchy? What's that? We just tried to give our kids fun, imaginative childhoods and teach them about history! Is that so wrong?" 

It looks like they're o.k. with knee length dresses on the girls, has it always been like that?

Also, what is Dougie doing for money?  Is he working as a lawyer?

2 hours ago, kpmom said:

It looks like they're o.k. with knee length dresses on the girls, has it always been like that?

IIRC, they used to wear frumper-like dressers which went down to the mid-calf, although much prettier and probably better-made than those worn by the daughters of VF leg-humpers.

Re: Doug's employment. He's not a member of either the Texas bar but appears to be an active member of the D.C. Bar.

Douglas W Phillips 
San Antonio TX 

Email: Email 
Phone: 210-***-**** 
Fax: 

Membership Status: Active 
Disciplinary history: No 
Date of admission: November 3, 1995

ETA: It's highly likely that Doug & family are living off purloined funds from VFI/VFM one way or another, whether it was direct diversion of money or income from salable assets -- all those Canon L lenses, for example.

An active member of the bar just means that yours dues have been paid and you have complied with the required continuing education credits. It doesn't mean he is working. I have a number of friends that no longer practice but they keep their license active. 

4 hours ago, kpmom said:

I never got the impression that Doug (Phillips who is a tool) was ever hurting for cash--I think he (and possibly Be-all) have family money in addition to whatever they raked in from their various VF endeavors. I don't think he's currently practicing as an attorney, although he's probably bossing around his own lawyers and dressing in barrister costumes, complete with wig.

Doug Phillips is a tool.

The kids in his "Accentuate the Positive" video swap the line "Jonah in the whale" with "Jonah in the fish" because the Bible never says it's a whale and sola scriptura above all else!!!11!

6 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

I think Doug and Beall are trying to spin it like, "Patriarchy? What's that? We just tried to give our kids fun, imaginative childhoods and teach them about history! Is that so wrong?" 

"Adultery? Sexual exploitation and abuse? Lying like a rug?? Golly gee whillikers, kids, I just got a little carried away with the money and the power! Was that so wrong??"

9 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

Watched the "Accentuate the Positive" video again. God, Faith is so... affected? I'm searching for the right word.  

It's all that hanging out with and singing to WWII veterans - a 15 year-old girl crooning to men in their 80s and 90s. I call it premature maturity.

Doug just posted an interview with his sister Alessandra, conducted by a YOGA GURU, in which Alessandra asserts, "Singing was my savior..." 

Let's see how this goes over! 

3 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

Doug just posted an interview with his sister Alessandra, conducted by a YOGA GURU, in which Alessandra asserts, "Singing was my savior..." 

Let's see how this goes over! 

This. Is. RICH! Great find, DWT.

This fraternal kvelling comes from the very same Doug Phillips who said, on the "Return of the Daughters" DVD, that the Bible is "completely absent of any examples or principles that lead us to think that it's normative for a daughter just to go out on her own." (Bolding mine.) Yet here we have his proud endorsement of an unmarried female sibling living on her own in a foreign country, pursuing a career in opera (which, as everyone knows, is simply teeming with gay people!), and being interviewed by a yogini! 

(Breathe, and insert Dominionist mantra here: Do as I say, not as I do...Do as I say, not as I do...repeat as many times as necessary.)

In the interview, Alessandra said, "I moved to Berlin about 3 years ago to build my career and create a life for myself here in Europe." Her timing jives with Tool O'Ween and Doug's downfall. The relocation and name change (from Alexandra Phillips) strike me as very sensible choices.

BTW - the interviewer's blog is called BeSomuchmore - shades of the Botkinettes' book title!

Is Rossi-Filippi a stage name?

Apparently. She began using it maybe 2-3 or 3-4 years ago.

ETA: And did you catch the URL - BeSomuchmore.org?

Ironies abound here!

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived