IGNORED

Doug Phillips & Vision Forum & Lourdes - Part 2

happy atheist

One of my childhood friends is friends with Peter Bradrick. That's, um, actually not terribly surprising. I'm freaking myself out a little here with how not-surprised I am. Well, shit. 

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/3/2016 at 10:00 AM, LurkerOverThePond said:

Weird to see the youngest Phillips kids so grown-up. Do we know how old the youngest three are? I must say I miss the endless VF and Dougie snarking opportunities. All those festivals, family conferences, and endless costumes were _PURE GOLD_.

Has anyone heard anything from the poor disowned Petey and his sturdy pioneer wife Kelly? More than anything, I miss hearing from these two wackos and their interestingly named kids. After all, Petey was my Number Two Fundie after the Maxwells. IF Princess Kelly hasn't had any kids after number 6 (Shepherd?), I might have a slight hope that they really saw some light after the VF fiasco and did real soul searching.

I don't know how old all three of them are, but I ran it up the fundie flagpole here on my end and I'm told that the youngest (Virginia) is 8.  So, the age range is 22/23(I can never remember JT's actual age) down to 8.

On January 3, 2016 at 10:17 AM, WonderingInWA said:

I just checked Bradrick!'s public FB page.  New photos from 12/28/15 of him and his brother and some other guy I don't know, a photo of Kelly with Geneva Convention and a younger boy on an airplane, a photo of Bradrick!, Kelly, and I think the same younger boy (it's a closeup) in front of a tree (looks like Kelly has a nose ring -- is that even possible?), a photos of Bradrick! and Geneva Convention making goofy faces, and finally a photo of Bradrick! with 3 other grown men and a young boy all in tuxes, presumeably for a wedding somewhere.

Why am I not seeing any of these photos?

4 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

https://www.facebook.com/peterbradrick?ref=ts&fref=ts

Photos are on Peter Bradrick's public FB page, on the left.

And you're right - the "Accentuate the Positive" singing video has also been scrubbed from Dougie's FB page. 

Thank you!

They all look happy and relaxed (the Bradricks). Good for them. I hope they get some normality in their lives. 

Looking forward to 2nd gen VFers bringing the snark, I miss VF antics! ATI is so boring in comparison to me. No dressing up! 

also VF has some really cute ladies

• 2 weeks later...

Just checked the online court records - it's mostly quiet but on 1/11/2016 a new deposition notice for Lourdes Torres was filed. It looks like they're still chugging along with pretrial stuff, but I'd love to know what's happening behind the scenes.

Bradrick! May have left VF behind, but he's still rockin' the wide stance like nobody's business! Old habits die hard I guess.

1 hour ago, ThisOlGirl said:

Bradrick! May have left VF behind, but he's still rockin' the wide stance like nobody's business! Old habits die hard I guess.

I noticed that, too.  He learned from the master on that one!

I am so, so happy the VF folk are coming out of hiding!  I joined FJ just to keep tabs on Dougie and his manly adventures.  

• 1 month later...

P001432/24/2016MOTION TO
ENFORCE MEDIATION SETTLEMENT AGREEMENT

T001442/24/2016NON-JURY
SETTING ON M/T ENFORCE MEDIATION SETTLE-
MENT AGREEMENT
COURT: 109 TRIAL DATE & TIME: 3/16/2016 9:00AM

14 minutes ago, Maxwell said:

P001432/24/2016MOTION TO

T001442/24/2016NON-JURY
TMENT AGREEMENT

Translate, please.

4 minutes ago, gustava said:
19 minutes ago, Maxwell said:

P001432/24/2016MOTION TO

T001442/24/2016NON-JURY
MENT AGREEMENT

Translate, please.

Oh no! Please do not tell me they settlet and the ugly truth will note made public and doubtfree?

I've been tipped off by a couple of formerly-fundie/homeschooled friends (one of whom is visiting me next week and we will engage in lots of therapeutic partying, yay) that Doug is, or was recently in Birmingham, AL, trying to pitch a TV show about veterans or WWII or something of the sort. Anyone have deets?

54 minutes ago, vienna said:

Oh no! Please do not tell me they settlet and the ugly truth will note made public and doubtfree?

So this means I shouldn't plan a trip to San Antonio so I can watch this trial in person? Bummer.

Doug Phillips is a tool.

1 hour ago, Othello said:

I've been tipped off by a couple of formerly-fundie/homeschooled friends (one of whom is visiting me next week and we will engage in lots of therapeutic partying, yay) that Doug is, or was recently in Birmingham, AL, trying to pitch a TV show about veterans or WWII or something of the sort. Anyone have deets?

I haven't heard anything of course, but that sounds about right / par for the course.

The wording is weird. It appears they settled at mediation and someone has reversed course. What I have seen happen is that there was a settlement agreement and someone wanted to back out at the last minute or, more likely, change a material issue that was agreed upon as part of the settlement. It's a big deal because once you have agreed to a settlement in principal, you will usually stop any type of preparation for trial. You will only bill time for negotiating and finalizing the settlement agreement. Insurance carriers, who are likely paying to defend Doug or Vision Forum, are unlikely to pay you to continue prepping for trial for a case that settled. You are fucked if that trial goes forward because the Judge won't move the date. My guess is that there is a fight over wording in the settlement agreement or maybe when payment will be made. Sometimes the fight over the wording in the settlement agreement is worse than actually coming to an agreement. That trial date is likely going to be kicked either way. 

2 hours ago, Othello said:

Probably trying to spin something off of Operation Meatball:      operationmeatball.com

The daughters are deep into WWII cosplay.  

Wow, for a woman with so many little kids, I am impressed that Kelly manages to do full face make up still. Granted, Bradrick! probably only picked the best pictures for Facebook. 

It is interested how the ever fecund Kelly Bradrick has not announced a pregnancy. Wonder if they're using birth control?

On 2/25/2016 at 6:44 PM, Othello said:

I don't know about the Alabama deal, but I do know for a fact that at least some of the family has been up here in Virginia recently. I recognized Liberty and Jubilee out and about in full 1940s regalia at an event in the DC area, and there was definitely someone filming them.  I thought I may have seen DPIAT as well, but I was not close enough to be sure and I didn't want to be stalkery.

On February 26, 2016 at 4:05 PM, nausicaa said:

Wow, for a woman with so many little kids, I am impressed that Kelly manages to do full face make up still. Granted, Bradrick! probably only picked the best pictures for Facebook. 

It is interested how the ever fecund Kelly Bradrick has not announced a pregnancy. Wonder if they're using birth control?

Where are you seeing these photos, purty please?? 

1 hour ago, MamaJunebug said:

Where are you seeing these photos, purty please?? 

I go on Bradrick!'s page and they're to the left. (Anyone should be able to see them, we don't have any friends in common). If a lot of people can't see them I can always post here. They're not private so we wouldn't be breaking any rules. 

16 hours ago, nausicaa said:

If a lot of people can't see them I can always post here. They're not private so we wouldn't be breaking any rules. 

Oh yes please!! (where's the begging and praying emoticon when you need it?!)  I can't be the only one without a FB account.

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived