IGNORED

Doug Phillips & Vision Forum & Lourdes - Part 2

happy atheist

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw that too! Don't these people have other friends? 

It confuses me. Why would she want to be around that family? Perry-- though I doubt he knew of the abuse when it was happening-- is hardly an innocent in this mess. 

Emergency room records.  Yikes.

it appears one party subpoenaed another party's medical records. When you do that, you tend to go after as many records as possible and don't always have any idea if they are relevant until you review them. It is possible that that this won't even end up being relevant, i.e. some went to the ER because they cut their finger or had bad sprained ankle. 

I am actually surprised that in Texas, or wherever they are, so much information about discovery is filed with the court. Where I am from, you will never know about depositions or subpoenas, etc. unless something goes wrong and court intervention is needed. Makes it much easier to snoop. 

I

it appears one party subpoenaed another party's medical records. When you do that, you tend to go after as many records as possible and don't always have any idea if they are relevant until you review them. It is possible that that this won't even end up being relevant, i.e. some went to the ER because they cut their finger or had bad sprained ankle. 

I am actually surprised that in Texas, or wherever they are, so much information about discovery is filed with the court. Where I am from, you will never know about depositions or subpoenas, etc. unless something goes wrong and court intervention is needed. Makes it much easier to snoop. 

I

Any idea why they might have seen the other party's medical records as important, or are they just trying to go in as many directions as possible and hope something dodgy or unusual comes out, like Dougie's emergency dildo removal from 10 years ago.

Case updates (backing up a bit, because I think there might be one or two we haven't seen here yet):

11/5/2015 MOTION FOR
SPECIAL MASTER IN DISCOVERY FILING FIRST
T00130 11/6/2015 NON-JURY
SETTING ON MOTION OF SPECIAL MASTER IN
DISCOVERY FILING 1ST REPORT
***AOTC
COURT: 109 TRIAL DATE & TIME: 11/12/2015 8:30AM
P00132 11/9/2015 NOTICE OF DELIVERY OF
C/R ANDERSON TOWNSEND BARCLAY
O00008 11/12/2015 PROTECTIVE ORDER
RULE 192.6
JUDGE: MICHAEL E. MERY
VOL: 4442 PAGE: 3351 PAGE COUNT: 13
P00133 11/13/2015 NOTICE OF DELIVERY OF
C/R METHODIST BOERNE EMERGENCY CENTER (M
EDICAL RECORDS)
P00134 11/13/2015 NOTICE
OF INTENT TO TAKE THE VIDEO RECORDED ORA
L DEPOSITION
P00135 11/17/2015 NOTICE OF DELIVERY OF
C/R GRACE COUNSELING CENTER (ANY AND ALL
)

Any idea why they might have seen the other party's medical records as important, or are they just trying to go in as many directions as possible and hope something dodgy or unusual comes out, like Dougie's emergency dildo removal from 10 years ago.

Now, now... It was a "Vision Forum sword" and Doug explained that he "slipped and fell" right onto it. 

The problem is that we don't know whose medical records were subpoenaed. We don't know if the person sought physical or mental health care. I can't recall the causes of actions in the complaint. If Lourdes is alleging emotional distress then it makes sense for the other side to seek medical records to see if she has been treated for it, how often, when did treatment start. I tend to think they are her medical records as I do not see a reason to subpoena Doug's records. It would be hard to come up with a reason to justify obtaining Doug's records. 

Now, now... It was a "Vision Forum sword" and Doug explained that he "slipped and fell" right onto it. 

I've never followed Dougie that closely but this story sounds interesting. Details, please!

I've never followed Dougie that closely but this story sounds interesting. Details, please!

There's only one detail, and that is that I'm making up silly stories on FJ. :pb_smile:

There's only one detail, and that is that I'm making up silly stories on FJ. :pb_smile:

Oh darn, I was really hoping there was a good story there.  Still, since the tabloids seem to troll FJ maybe, just maybe, we will see your story in print someday!  :)

• 3 weeks later...
P00137 12/1/2015 OBJECTIONS TO
AMENDED NOTICE OF INTENT
P00138 12/7/2015

NOTICE OF DELIVERY OF
C/R PLANNED PARENTHOOD OF SOUTH TEXAS (M
EDICAL RECORDS)

Likely all of Lourdes's medical records were subpoenaed. She may be making some type of physical injury allegation, in which case subpoenaing of her medical records is appropriate. 

Perhaps she went to Planned Parenthood for contraception, and DPIART wants to use that fact as "evidence" that their "relationship" was "consensual."

17 hours ago, Hane said:

Perhaps she went to Planned Parenthood for contraception, and DPIART wants to use that fact as "evidence" that their "relationship" was "consensual."

yeah because getting on the pill proves consent. ha! (not making fun of you but from what I have read of Doug The Tool, he would believe that). Could be he forced her on the pill or he could have given her a horrible parting gift or worse force her to have an abortion.

20 hours ago, Maxwell said:
P00137 12/1/2015 OBJECTIONS TO
AMENDED NOTICE OF INTENT
P00138 12/7/2015

NOTICE OF DELIVERY OF
C/R PLANNED PARENTHOOD OF SOUTH TEXAS (M
EDICAL RECORDS)

Ugh. I agree with the other posters that he's probably trying to get all of Lourdes' records to go after any injury claim. However, considering who he is, I can't help wondering whether he plans to use Lourdes possibly going to PP against her just to discredit her because of her choice of provider. I'm not a fan of PP for a bunch of reasons, but I'm also realistic enough to know that for someone without insurance, it's the only birth control option in some communities.

ETA: Sorry for all the edits.  My computer kept posting this mid-sentence.

1 hour ago, GenerationCedarchip said:

Ugh. I agree with the other posters that he's probably trying to get all of Lourdes' records to go after any injury claim. However, considering who he is, I can't help wondering whether he plans to use Lourdes possibly going to PP against her just to discredit her because of her choice of provider. I'm not a fan of PP for a bunch of reasons, but I'm also realistic enough to know that for someone without insurance, it's the only birth control option in some communities.

Re: bolded. So true but Planned Parenthood is also a source of low-cost well-woman care in terms of GYN annual checkups. This was true 40 years ago during my university days and it's still true. Our college's "health" center refused to deal at all in reproductive health, including BC, so there was great rejoicing & thanksgiving when PP opened a branch in the city.

One wishes that  DPIAR's medical records could also be sub poena'd. Sauce for the gander, sure, but it's highly likely there are some depth charges in there, as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping to report the latest case updates:

12/10/2015 NOTICE OF JURY TRIAL SETTING RETURNED BY MAIL FOR
DOUGLAS PHILLIPS

VISION FORUM INC

12/17/2015 NOTICE OF JURY TRIAL SETTING

17 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Bumping to report the latest case updates:

DOUGLAS PHILLIPS

VISION FORUM INC

12/17/2015 NOTICE OF JURY TRIAL SETTING

It looks like they may be setting a date for trial. The last date was likely vacated with the new party that came in and discovery seemed to be ongoing. 

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived