IGNORED

Doug Phillips & Vision Forum & Lourdes - Part 2

happy atheist

DVjn0tl.jpg

Won't someone please let that child wear normal clothes? It reminds me of the episode of the Brady Bunch when a pre-teen Cindy dresses up in the Shirley Temple costume. It's not particularly cute now and it's going to be downright creepy when she hits puberty, and something tells me ol' Dougie isn't going to let her drop the trappings of adorable innocent girlhood so easily.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DVjn0tl.jpg

Won't someone please let that child wear normal clothes? It reminds me of the episode of the Brady Bunch when a pre-teen Cindy dresses up in the Shirley Temple costume. It's not particularly cute now and it's going to be downright creepy when she hits puberty, and something tells me ol' Dougie isn't going to let her drop the trappings of adorable innocent girlhood so easily.

Dang, JT is really good looking, and that creeps me out, because A) He looks a lot like DPIAT/R, and B) I think he's young enough to be my son.

Dang, JT is really good looking, and that creeps me out, because A) He looks a lot like DPIAT/R, and B) I think he's young enough to be my son.

Is this a recent photo? JT is very handsome, but he has too much of Doug's smug mug on him to make him attractive to me.

I'm ridiculously (physically) attracted to JT. And I hate myself for it.

Like Flynn (but not in):

EF-essex4.jpg

True story, I once dated a complete idiot of a guy for three months because he looked exactly like Errol Flynn. He commented on our first date "Wow, you're logical. You must have a man's brain."

I was 23... :shifty-kitty:

I'm ridiculously (physically) attracted to JT. And I hate myself for it.

Ignoring the fact he's a mere child compared to my age, I find him a bit creepy looking. I find the "hot" maxwell kid sort of average and not all that attractive, but not creepy looking.... neither are my "type".....

It is likely due to Doug no longer being able to pay attorney fees. Unless insurance through Vision whatever is somehow paying, Doug has likely run out of money to pay his attorney. The easiest way to get a judge to let you off is to file a motion to be relieved as counsel and state failure to pay as your reason. Attorney fees can add up fast. It is unlikely that Doug just hired a different attorney and wanted to get rid of the old one. Otherwise he would file a substitution of counsel and have both attorneys sign off, along with Doug. That's how it is done here. I also doubt its the attorney worrying about the client lying. Most clients don't tell their attorneys they intend to lie. I doubt there is a juicy reason. This is very common.

I don't know, sometimes they just get caught. My husband does defense-side insurance litigation and at least every other month he catches some scammer in a major irrefutable lie during deposition and then if the settlement conference comes back low and they insist on going to trial their lawyer asks to be removed. He probably did just run out of money, but it would be delicious if that happened to Doug.

Ignoring the fact he's a mere child compared to my age, I find him a bit creepy looking. I find the "hot" maxwell kid sort of average and not all that attractive, but not creepy looking.... neither are my "type".....

Fine by me. One less chick I gotta compete with! ;)

More case updates:

9/16/2015 AMENDED PETITION

(SEVENTH)

9/18/2015 SERVICE ASSIGNED TO CLERK 1

9/18/2015 REQUEST FOR SERVICE AND PROCESS

9/18/2015 LETTER

FR ATTNY RE: CITATION

9/21/2015 CITATION

BOERNE CHRISTIAN ASSEMBLY

ISSUED: 9/21/2015

More case updates:

(SEVENTH)

9/18/2015 LETTER

9/21/2015 CITATION

But what does it mean? Can someone tell me what all this means? Did BCA get a speeding ticket or a new (used) car?

(sorry, but somebody had to say it)

But what does it mean? Can someone tell me what all this means? Did BCA get a speeding ticket or a new (used) car?

(sorry, but somebody had to say it)

Citation means notice. They gave the other side legal notice that they filed something like the new amended complaint. You amend the petition to change it and Google says: Complaints are amended to correct facts, add new causes of action (bases for the lawsuit), substitute discovered names for persons sued as "Does," or to properly plead a cause of action (the legal basis for suing) after the court has found the complaint inadequate.

Thank you for asking, Maxwell, and for answering, Not A Loser.

So basically this thing is dragging forward by legal

Inches... And can we tell which side is most recently challenging the other, from the updates? My friend the lawyer got tired of me pestering him about this case some time back, heh!

I hope otherwise. He's got talent that should be used properly and he could do just fine for himself. He was always a good kid and friend away from the pomp and circumstance.

And hot. I know, I know with the teeth, but this picture never fails to make me smile.

gxMQ6fe.jpg

Thank you for asking, Maxwell, and for answering, Not A Loser.

So basically this thing is dragging forward by legal

Inches... And can we tell which side is most recently challenging the other, from the updates? My friend the lawyer got tired of me pestering him about this case some time back, heh!

You're welcome, but apparently my snark-foo is weak -- that was intended to be a bit sarcastic as after every update someone has to ask what it all means (maybe their Google is broken... I know there are times when mine is. :-) )

And yes, thank you Not A Loser for answering in spite of my sarcastic tone (note to self: remember to ratchet up the hostility a notch or 2 next time).

More case updates:

(SEVENTH)

9/18/2015 LETTER

9/21/2015 CITATION

Seventh amended petition?! That makes me wonder what in the world is happening behind the scenes. Maybe it's different in TX, but I know in VA it's pretty common to have to amend a time or two if new facts are discovered, but seven seems a bit much.

It makes me wonder if new shenanigans keep getting discovered. Are there copies of the various amended complaints floating around anywhere online? My google-fu is failing me today.

The way it works some places is they have a register of actions up online (I guess this is where these updates come from) and you can click on them and order them. Maybe the case has to be completed for this to happen. Someone here that's in Texas or wherever they are should go get us a copy :)

No idea what is happening as far as DP and LT's trial is concerned,

but this article from Homeschoolers Anonymous

https://homeschoolersanonymous.wordpres ... -cover-up/

which was mentioned here

viewtopic.php?f=111&t=26149&p=951415&hilit=the+old+schoolhouse#p951415

features David Gibbs III, LT's lawyer (also mentioning that he is her lawyer) and not in a very nice light.

The part about him entitled David Gibbs III Offers to “Help†starts at about two thirds of the HA article.

Anyway, it's a small world.

^^^

Indeed a small world. We have discussed Gibbs III at length in pervious threads. viewtopic.php?f=93&t=21996&start=400

He was also the defense attorney in the Tina Anderson case, IIRC. It is good reminder of who Gibbs III is/was during his time with the Christian Law Association. He supposedly saw the light a couple of years ago and decided to work on behalf of victims. However, I still rather give him the hairy eyeball.

Briefly, David Gibbs III, Lourdes's attorney and not to be confused with his Dad, David Gibbs, Jr., publicly disassociated himself completely from Dad and the Christian Law Association here:

ncll.org/latest-from-ncll/193-ncll-7-11-14-national-letter.

He set up his own law shop - the National Center for Life and Liberty in competition with Dad and CLA. Thanksgiving must be fun chez Gibbs.

It's also worth noting that Gibbs, Jn. (Dad) was retained by IBLP to manage the Fall of Gothard.

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived