IGNORED

Doug Phillips & Vision Forum & Lourdes - Part 2

happy atheist

Seriously! I think and hope Gibbs III will work really hard on this case, if only to prove he has indeed changed his spots.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. JT has proven very quiet since the Fall of Doug. He was always the VF poster boy somewhat at the expense of less photogenic Justice.

IMO, the Phillips offspring should be left to distance themselves from Doug, unless or until they also decide to be tools. I'd rather keep my eye on other VF interns who have not yet woken up and smelled the coffee.

I mean, why focus on Joshua Titus when Natty Darnell just lives to be a total asshole? :ew:

post-10046-14452000889382_thumb.jpg

At least Justice is taking out his frustration in a normal way.

that b/w pic of JT and their youngest daughter looks like one of those historically authentic pictures they do to try to make it seem like they're reliving the past, down to the pinwheel toy, etc.etc. Surely they let them wear normal clothes in everyday life. i hope so anyway.

Well, good for Justice. I hope he gets a chance to figure out what he believes and build a happy life. It can't be easy having so much family baggage out there in the open.

Seriously! I think and hope Gibbs III will work really hard on this case, if only to prove he has indeed changed his spots.

Well, the HA article says:

"Gibbs appeared to be a godsend, a knight in shining armor. […]

Jenefer sent the testimony with the understanding that it would be confidential and believing that she could trust Gibbs. But that trust began eroding when one of Jenefer’s children realized Gibbs was a part-owner as well as a corporate sponsor and organizational partner of the Great Homeschool Conventions—the company that just banned Jenefer from their convention and featured Heidi St. John. GHC has only three corporate sponsors: one is The Old Schoolhouse and another is David Gibbs’ National Center for Life and Liberty. Jenefer also found out Gibbs was a columnist for The Old Schoolhouse.

[…]

Jenefer’s trust in Gibbs vanished entirely when Gibbs, the Suarezes, and the Igarashis met on May 5, 2014 for a final mediation attempt. At the beginning of the meeting, Paul Suarez pulled out a document: the confidential testimony of Jenefer’s sibling. Somehow the confidential testimony of an abuse victim — given only to Gibbs — had fallen into the hands of the victim’s alleged abusers: the Suarezes.

[…] When Jenefer confronted Gibbs about whether he would advise Lourdes Torres-Manteufel to sign such a mediation agreement, Gibbs allegedly grew irate and declared, “You’re no Lourdes Torres!â€

So, it remains to be seen...

No idea what is happening as far as DP and LT's trial is concerned,

but this article from Homeschoolers Anonymous

https://homeschoolersanonymous.wordpres ... -cover-up/

which was mentioned here

viewtopic.php?f=111&t=26149&p=951415&hilit=the+old+schoolhouse#p951415

features David Gibbs III, LT's lawyer (also mentioning that he is her lawyer) and not in a very nice light.

The part about him entitled David Gibbs III Offers to “Help†starts at about two thirds of the HA article.

Anyway, it's a small world.

So this bit of information - in particular - also makes me angry. I had heard that he was "looking" for Lourdes and it sounds like the same sort of deal - and she thought it was so much a "God thing." :worship: :pull-hair:

I was concerned at the time that he was just looking for high profile opportunities. I will never, ever forgive him if he doesn't do a good job with her case. Sounds to me like he's actually being a bit of an ambulance chaser. I wish she could have gone with a completely secular lawyer. :angry-banghead:

Also interesting from that article is that he's part of that Gibbs III is part of the Great Homeschool Conventions deal. I THINK that Doug and VF and some other "more orthodox" organizations were opposing them because the Great Homeschool Conventions or some organization like that were trying to go more secular and allow stuff like "progressive Creationists" like Hugh Ross or something of that nature into the conventions and had a conflict back in the day - if I'm not mistaken, so this could also be a bit of a revenge deal, too. :shifty-kitty:

If those comments are true and the allegations in this deal are true I'm a bit upset - understatement.

I would be, too. I know diddly squat about Texas law, but in some parts of the country, that sure sounds like it's wandering into ethical violation territory. However, I will say that with the caveat that the press tends to get legal procedure wrong in articles all the time and there may well be another side to the story.

CnD, if you remember, I and others were very worried when Lourdes retained Gibbs III. His past tells against him. I hope he does the best job he can and has changed his spots. I agree that I sincerely wish she had retained a secular attorney.

I still want to be optimistic on this one, though. Goodness knows, we can't control it. Those decisions were made a couple of years ago.

CnD, if you remember, I and others were very worried when Lourdes retained Gibbs III. His past tells against him. I hope he does the best job he can and has changed his spots. I agree that I sincerely wish she had retained a secular attorney.

I still want to be optimistic on this one, though. Goodness knows, we can't control it. Those decisions were made a couple of years ago.

We had that discussion last year, right?

xfile.php,qid=8486.pagespeed.ic.V0HUrZeOe_.jpg

At least Justice is taking out his frustration in a normal way.

What does training like a fury mean?

Well... a fury is:

a spirit of punishment, often represented as one of three goddesses who pronounced curses on the guilty and inflicted famines and pestilences. The Furies were identified at an early date with the Eumenides.
I wonder how they train? :P

Anyhow, it's 'interesting' that Dougie says his son trains like a goddess of punishment. I wonder what experience he has with those. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Oh my...Nolan has named shamed her on another website for supposedly having had an affair with a guy, who he also names...It's incredibly tacky, and if anything, maybe damaging to her if DPIATR and his lawyers see it.

Oh my...Nolan has named shamed her on another website for supposedly having had an affair with a guy, who he also names...It's incredibly tacky, and if anything, maybe damaging to her if DPIATR and his lawyers see it.

He calls her sexual assault a "secret sexual relationship." Indefensible.

I'm not sure he really has any credibility at this point, though.

He calls her sexual assault a "secret sexual relationship." Indefensible.

Wow. Just read it and it's even worse than I expected. I hope Lourdes cuts him out of her life permanently this time. She really doesn't need this.

Wow. Just read it and it's even worse than I expected. I hope Lourdes cuts him out of her life permanently this time. She really doesn't need this.

Yeah, she needs to stop trying to do this "gently," because it's just not going to work on someone with a disordered mind. I really fear that he could be dangerous. He obviously has so much rage inside him.

Yeah, she needs to stop trying to do this "gently," because it's just not going to work on someone with a disordered mind. I really fear that he could be dangerous. He obviously has so much rage inside him.

This... is probably true.

I get the feeling she was trying to break up amicably with Nolan and still genuinely wanted to be friends. Not the least of which because they could support each other through their journeys out of VF/BCA. But at this point trying to maintain any contact will just create more problems than good. She's got to cut him off completely. It'll be better for her, and even him in the long run. And I agree, he seems to have a lot of rage, and some leftover fundamental beliefs about women "belonging" to men.

Even if Nolan is telling the "truth" there is a lot of nuance that he is deliberately biasing against her. Looks to me like he is just flat out trying to hurt her and damage her case, which is really, really negative of him. His last sentence on that post makes it "look" like he is all trying to be discrete and didn't mean for it to go public, but he is a LOT smarter than that. Remember, this is a guy who is very deliberate and was smart enough to work for the NSA for a while.

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived