IGNORED

New DHS Probe

theinvisiblegirl

Have any of the family who are full-time residents of the TTH left the house since this all went down?

What sorts of visitors -- people who could leave when they pleased -- been to the house?

If the call came from someone inside the house it would pretty much have to be someone who lived there full time.

If none of the minor children have been visible to the public since this hit then the call would've had to come from someone who had been to the house between May 21 and 27 and witnessed something during that time period that warranted a call (assuming the call was legit). So, who's been there? Lawyers, absolutely. Discovery Communications (or whatever it's called) reps? Trusted friends?

What I'm trying (poorly) to get at is that only a limited number of people have seen the kids since this all went down so the call had to have come from one of them, right?

I apologize for any duplication of thought; I'm just trying to get the logistics of the phone call straight in my own head.

The caller doesn't necessarily need to be someone who has actually seen the kids in that time frame. It could be someone saying they have knowledge of event taking place, but not have actually witnessed the alleged neglect / abuse. For example a mandated reporter, or just a friend, family member, neighbor ,who is making a report.

Additionally, given the current situation I would be shocked if there haven't been a multitude of callers reporting that they " know" a whole lot that they don't actually know. Whether they are believable comes down, really, to how they word their report. This report very well could be about something recent, that a real person, with real information, actually witnessed. It could just as likely be someone making it sound that way because they are freaking out about the past stuff and are " certain" they are somehow helping by getting them investigated.

A good screener won't send a Social Worker out because some obvious wing nut is calling claiming they heard fifth hand through the Internet that satanic sacrifices are taking place. On the other extreme they won't demand five witnesses and an affidavit and a background check on the reporting party before they send someone out to do a check. It's a really hard balancing act. I'm not a CPS screener, but I worked very closely with them.

Addressing posts that just came in: just Juls: Sorry, got to say, if people saying they didn't like what you posted bothers you that much ....well, that happens a lot. If you just want people validating your thoughts - you're going to get your feelings hurt here. Not trying to be mean, or hostile, just being honest.

Justoneoftwo: read back the last page or so.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I understand InTouch kinda sorta had an insider. The partner of someone on staff has relatives in Springdale who told the story. InTouch then hired a law firm in Arkansas to obtain the report via the FOIA. Arkansas also has one of the most liberal FOIA guidelines (or whatever it's called on the state level). This is how InTouch became the first to confirm the internet rumors. If not for that insider, this scandal would still remain a rumor.

I think Jim Boob and J'Chelle feel the heat to get to 20 kids since Smuggar and Anna put up their web site, ja20.com They are obviously shooting for 20 kids, pardon the pun. Boob is so competitive with his sons, I think he wants to make sure he won't be outdone.

I can't imagine some poor child coming from India or China and landing in the Duggar household. Hopefully they'll never move forward on that, or not get approved.

Now InTouch has an article with an email written by the police chief saying the Duggars slandered her.

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/exclusive-arkansas-police-chief-the-duggars-slandered-me-60649

The email was obtained via another FOIA request (I didn't know they could request emails too.) I wonder if this case, in addition to the new DHS investigation, is what InTouch regards as "some pretty significant stuff."

ETA: I see I posted this in the wrong thread, but I can't delete it so I leave it be.

I can't keep up with which threads are which either.

I'm been saying it since Boob uttered it - the police chief should sue him for defamation of character.

Maybe In Touch has a pair of binoculars and is camped out at the Duggars and the police station. 'Oooooo. Someone just hit send in their conputer! File an foia report! Someone's on the phone at their front door. I only saw them hit 3 keys. File an fioa report!'

Whatever credibility In Touch may have gained by breaking this story is going to quickly wane by doing these nitpicky fall out stories. I'm starting to believe they have nothing else to say. Leave them alone or you WILL turn them into matyrs.

I can't keep up with which threads are which either.

I'm been saying it since Boob uttered it - the police chief should sue him for defamation of character.

Thanks.

Duggars the end is near are you an EMT? So am I and yes if the parents can't be reached we take the adult in charge or if there is no adult present we can assume the parent would want their child treated (talking emergency treatment not vaccines or something like that.)

My husband is an EMT, and he said what id quoted above is standard procedure.

Edited for clarification

Have any of the family who are full-time residents of the TTH left the house since this all went down?

What sorts of visitors -- people who could leave when they pleased -- been to the house?

If the call came from someone inside the house it would pretty much have to be someone who lived there full time.

If none of the minor children have been visible to the public since this hit then the call would've had to come from someone who had been to the house between May 21 and 27 and witnessed something during that time period that warranted a call (assuming the call was legit). So, who's been there? Lawyers, absolutely. Discovery Communications (or whatever it's called) reps? Trusted friends?

What I'm trying (poorly) to get at is that only a limited number of people have seen the kids since this all went down so the call had to have come from one of them, right?

I apologize for any duplication of thought; I'm just trying to get the logistics of the phone call straight in my own head.

These are excellent questions! That's all I have to contribute right now. :shock:

How would In Touch even know to get a FOIA for that email? As well as the for the 911 call. It seems like they have an "in" to the police dept. or something.

Regarding the rules: I was one of the people who was speculating which kid the DHS investigation was about. About 6 different posters jumped in and called it out. I'm all for abiding by rules, but it just seemed like over kill. And this is my first post since....it definitely made me reluctant to post again. :)

I was one of those posters; sorry about that. I was feeling (still do) like I need to do my part to keep FJ's board culture where I like it. I have a tendency to just scroll past things that bother me and when I saw your post I decided I should speak up for a change. Along with many other members, I guess. Personally I am uncomfortable with speculating on abuse victims' identities at this time, but it's not disallowed, so carry on. I'm glad you came back! :)

I don't know how the whole FOIA works, but maybe they just put out a request for anything Duggar related?

Just a guess, but I'm thinking they would have to say something like they want the chief's emails from between x dates. People familiar with FOIA have said you need to be somewhat specific.

I read about this. It's sick. Do we know for sure it's a fact or is it just a rumor?

Is this true? I haven't heard this yet and it makes my blood boil! These poor children!!

Maybe In Touch has a pair of binoculars and is camped out at the Duggars and the police station. 'Oooooo. Someone just hit send in their conputer! File an foia report! Someone's on the phone at their front door. I only saw them hit 3 keys. File an fioa report!'

Whatever credibility In Touch may have gained by breaking this story is going to quickly wane by doing these nitpicky fall out stories. I'm starting to believe they have nothing else to say. Leave them alone or you WILL turn them into matyrs.

I disagree. I think they're trying to sell magazines and keep interest up while they do more digging, and I'm thrilled. I hope they dig all the way to Mike Huckabee's door after pausing at Jim Holt's. :twisted:

They should take a side trip to Batestown sometime, too.

crossposted with winteriscoming: That is a rumor from Gawker.

My husband is an EMT, and he said what id quoted above is standard procedure.

Edited for clarification

I missed this original response directed at me. So thanks for quoting it :p

No I'm not an EMT, I'm a nanny. With the medical consent forms the parents provided me (and that reside in his official records), I can act on their behalf for anything if they can't be reached. I can also take him to well baby checkups and such, but I never do because one or both his parents are always present for those.

I imagine that Jana, Grandma Mary, and probably the other 18+ children all have medical consent forms for each of their siblings to use in the case of an emergency or while the parents are out.

InTouch had an insider in the form of a staffer whose partner has relatives in Springdale. See my more detailed description above.

My personal feeling is that this is all In Touch has. It's been almost a month since they ran their original story. It seems the additional info they teased was the new DHS 'investigation'. Seems like they're really watching the situation like a hawk, ready to pounce on anything new - but I think if they had any other huge revelations we'd have known by now. That's not to say that they won't dig up something else, though.

I disagree. I think they're trying to sell magazines and keep interest up while they do more digging, and I'm thrilled. I hope they dig all the way to Mike Huckabee's door after pausing at Jim Holt's. :twisted:

They should take a side trip to Batestown sometime, too.

crossposted with winteriscoming: That is a rumor from Gawker.

I'm torn between being absolutely thrilled at In Touch going for the Duggars and worrying that the tide will turn and people will start sympathizing because of all negative press. I never would, because I have an excellent memory, but pessimist that I am there's this feeling of dread in the back of my mind that we'll soon be seeing think pieces calling for sympathy for Jim Bob and Michelle.

And I need In Touch or somebody to target the Bates next so bad. Those people have pictures of KKK members on their walls...they've done some dirty shit, mark my words.

My personal feeling is that this is all In Touch has. It's been almost a month since they ran their original story. It seems the additional info they teased was the new DHS 'investigation'. Seems like they're really watching the situation like a hawk, ready to pounce on anything new - but I think if they had any other huge revelations we'd have known by now. That's not to say that they won't dig up something else, though.

They may have more information, but they're doing their due diligence to make sure that it's accurate. Or a source is trying to haggle with the price of the information.

Is it possible that the information In Touch has is about something current and that they're the ones that contacted DHS? If so, I can see how they knew to look for the call, and that they'd be holding out for the news to be ready to break.

Is it possible that the information In Touch has is about something current and that they're the ones that contacted DHS? If so, I can see how they knew to look for the call, and that they'd be holding out for the news to be ready to break.

Or, more likely (in my opinion), that whoever called DHS also tipped off In Touch.

I'm very skeptical that In Touch is currently holding back anything of significance, but I'm ready to be proven wrong.

Could In Touch not be able to release anymore Duggar scandals? If Jim Bob and Michelle are planning on suing over the police reports being released, maybe they are suing In Touch as well. I have a feeling In Touch has so much more to tell but with Jim Bob's power he unfortunately seems to have they might have been (hopefully just temporarily) stopped.

Could In Touch not be able to release anymore Duggar scandals? If Jim Bob and Michelle are planning on suing over the police reports being released, maybe they are suing In Touch as well. I have a feeling In Touch has so much more to tell but with Jim Bob's power he unfortunately seems to have they might have been (hopefully just temporarily) stopped.

I doubt that a Duggar lawsuit would scare them off. They haven't done anything illegal.

I doubt that a Duggar lawsuit would scare them off. They haven't done anything illegal.

The truth is the ultimate defense to a libel allegation. In Touch, so far, hasn't lied about anything.

Jim Bob, on the other hand, should be concerned about accusing a public servant of taking bribes on national TV.

I feel like In Touch is done with their scandalous info and I'd honestly be very surprised to see anything "Breaking" come from them anymore. It seems like they went FOIA crazy and this is everything they got. There are still some rumors that MAYBE (and that's a very out there maybe IMO) they can get proof of, such as the house being a tax exempt church or proof that Josh did go to strip clubs, but I don't think they'll find any such proof. It seems like after the interview, the Duggars are just pretending nothing happened and going on with their lives like their PR people told them to do. I hate to say it, but it seems to be a working distraction tactic for the media :(

:)

How would In Touch even know to get a FOIA for that email? As well as the for the 911 call. It seems like they have an "in" to the police dept. or something.

Regarding the rules: I was one of the people who was speculating which kid the DHS investigation was about. About 6 different posters jumped in and called it out. I'm all for abiding by rules, but it just seemed like over kill. And this is my first post since....it definitely made me reluctant to post again. :)

The truth is the ultimate defense to a libel allegation. In Touch, so far, hasn't lied about anything.

Jim Bob, on the other hand, should be concerned about accusing a public servant of taking bribes on national TV.

JB got down in the mud with that comment.

Whoever advised him to talk, let alone on national TV, was so far off the mark. I knew he gave off slimy vibes, but damn, he is more disgusting than I thought.

Or, more likely (in my opinion), that whoever called DHS also tipped off In Touch.

I'm very skeptical that In Touch is currently holding back anything of significance, but I'm ready to be proven wrong.

Wasn't it that cute couple who tipped off In Touch? Tandra Barnfeild and Samantha Muzny, the lesbian couple who famously kissed in front of the Duggar home, broke to the news to Roberto. Apparently, one of them has relatives in Arkansas.

http://joemygod.blogspot.com/2015/06/re ... break.html

Jim Bob suing InTouch over this would be the biggest nightmare for his family. Being forced to answer questions under oath about the accuracy of the information published...court records are public record...it would put everything out there. There is a reason celebrities rarely sue gossip magazines. They'd make InTouch's year if they sued.

I wouldn't put it past JB to try something so stupid, though, because he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer and his Authori-tah!! has not been respected. For someone so obviously overcompensating, having the illusion destroyed is the most infuriating thing that can happen. I'd be afraid to be in that house right now, to be honest.

Archived