IGNORED

New DHS Probe

theinvisiblegirl

I haven't been on Radar much these past few days, so I just went on to see what, if anything, I had missed. I found this article about a NEW investigation by DHS:

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/d ... te-agency/

This incident where they needed to check on the minor but faced resistance and needed police assistance happened on May 27th.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is quite interesting. There must be some merit to the complaint that someone has seen firsthand for DHS to go out there. However, the Duggars must either be really dumb to not let the DHS worker see the child.

I wonder if the Duggars knew that DHS info cannot be leaked to the public. The didn't think that a police presence at a DHS call would be made public.

So much for "The DHS said that we were such great parents after the probe of our son molesting our daughters"

I'm a little suspicious of this. It could have easily been someone calling in an anonymous tip and then whoever answered the door may have suspected a set up and refused to open the door. That would have been enough to trigger a request for the police. I'm all for skewering them for what they actually did but I'd hate to jump on the bandwagon and give credence to their claims of conspiracy.

The way the article makes it sound, it seems DHS was called for one specific minor for a welfare check. I don't really know what to think about this. On one hand, I think a proper investigation in that home is totally justified, I'd even say it should be required. However, I hope someone didn't just call the hotline to stir up another story. People are crazy, I'd believe it.

The question is, why resist? I am more inclined to think they resisted because they feel "persecuted" than anything else. Well, and they didn't have time to give their kids a script.

Edited because autocorrect.

Maybe the child in question is Mackenzie. ....and if so, I think it's a really good idea for someone to just talk to her. Better safe than sorry.

If its a specific minor, wouldn't it be more likely that it was a genuine concern.

Logically in order for there to be welfare check about one child, the call must have had enough specific information about that child to justify it.

If it was a hoax/stirring trouble call to DHS, surely they wouldn't have been able to be specific enough for DHS to want to speak to one child about a specific issue?

Given their position at this time, it's just stupid not to cooperate. Did they honestly think that CPS was just going to go away if they said "No, thanks. We'd prefer you not do a welfare check on that particular child today." Not to mention that my understanding is if they'd cooperated, then the DHS file would be sealed and unless there was an arrest or something, no one would be the wiser. But no, once again, Jim Bob Knows Best.

I would think DHS would be able to distinguish between a random viewer calling and someone who has legitimate concern. DHS must have realized they could get a few hoax calls about this.

The Duggar's have only made themselves look like there was something to hide by not letting them see the child.

Strange....

It could be something as simple as a neighbor saw Child 19 playing on the road unsupervised or #17 riding the lawn mower unsupervised-{ wait, Ben does have a driver's license} and made a report.

Given their position at this time, it's just stupid not to cooperate. Did they honestly think that CPS was just going to go away if they said "No, thanks. We'd prefer you not do a welfare check on that particular child today." Not to mention that my understanding is if they'd cooperated, then the DHS file would be sealed and unless there was an arrest or something, no one would be the wiser. But no, once again, Jim Bob Knows Best.

Yup, because police got involved it became public record. The man isn't very smart, is he? :cray-cray:

DHS won't go out there lightly, and I'm sure they're on the look-out for fabricated calls about the Duggars. If they went out, there's very likely something concerning them. The Duggars should have known they were going to make more waves. The report about Josh came out. Why wouldn't the call?

I wonder if they're trying to set themselves up as a et of persecuted parents trying to protect their children from the big bad government who doesn't trust parents who condone molestation enough to force victims to serve their abuser.

If only DHS could fly to Zambia and check on the Shraders.

Well, that's someone else's jurisdiction-bwahhhhh.

DHS won't go out there lightly, and I'm sure they're on the look-out for fabricated calls about the Duggars. If they went out, there's very likely something concerning them. The Duggars should have known they were going to make more waves. The report about Josh came out. Why wouldn't the call?

I wonder if they're trying to set themselves up as a et of persecuted parents trying to protect their children from the big bad government who doesn't trust parents who condone molestation enough to force victims to serve their abuser.

I have no doubt that in their minds they are the persecuted Christians who are being targeted by the evil government for daring to live according to God's laws.

I'm gonna play devil's advocate for a moment and ask, isn't it within their rights to refuse to cooperate without a warrant?

Yeah outsiders will make assumptions of guilt, but based on other posts I've been reading around FJ this morning, it seems that there are folks out there who don't cooperate with authorities as a matter of course because 'they know their rights.' I'm not trying to be snarky, though I know that last bit might seem so. I have had the good sense (or just good fortune) to not have CPS show up at my house or have my name come up in many police reports. I thought I knew my constitutional rights as an American, but I haven't had to actually exercise them with the authorities. :?

I don't know how the fame enters into it. At a certain point I would think DHS would have to go. I'm sure whatever the status of the original report if they've used the rod recently they're going to want to check for bruises.

Curiosity got the better of me and I bought a copy of the magazine (well played, In Touch). There's nothing new except for the transcript of the 911 call. The investigation was for one minor in particular, but there's zero specifics on anything.

I have to say, I'm loving how the Duggars just keep digging that hole deeper. They could have cooperated with DHS and no one would have known. But no, they had to be paranoid dicks and force the investigator to call 911, thereby creating a record that's obtainable through FOIA.

Since the compound is gated and you have to call to get in, do you think Jim Bob or whoever answered the call refused because they thought it was a hoax, like it was a reporter or something and not actually someone from DHS?

Sure, there's the whole "big bad guvmint" angle the Duggars can try to work, but Jim Bob is a former state representative himself, and he lives in AR--a state overwhelmingly governed by members of the political party he supports. Not that anyone ever pretended logic was the Duggars' strong suit...

Maybe the child in question is Mackenzie. ....and if so, I think it's a really good idea for someone to just talk to her. Better safe than sorry.

This is the one thing that has bothered me during this whole mess, this child is 5 or 6 years old. Even if you subscribe to the who line of crap the Duggar's are throwing out, someone should make sure this child is OK. Child molestation is a serious thing and I am not convinced that Josh isn't still prone in this direction. If he truly has no inclination in this direction, he shouldn't object to someone talking to Mac. (sp)

:shifty-kitty:

Whether the visit was based on a real or fabricated complaint, either way it would have been smart for them to cooperate. It would have shown good faith, if there was nothing to it, case would have been closed and done.

They have to know that they are under major scrutiny and it's just another WTF moment where these people absolutely do not get how effed up their family is and how really bad it looks.

Archived