IGNORED

New DHS Probe

theinvisiblegirl

from the today show report

someone called DHS on them and the family wouldn't let them inside

but the announcer said that the girls IE Jessa and Jill have started to post again on social media - despite the new investigation

and they showed the Baby Seewald ultrasound and pictures of IDDY

I think this will spark the girls to stop again

then they showed a picture of Josh and Josie holding on to his legs

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just so bizarre that it was only one minor child. Not minor children. For those with CPS knowledge, could/would a call/tip about one child turn into an investigation about the welfare of all of the minor children? Or, if the tip was unique to one child, would checking the welfare of that one child be all there is?

With new scandals popping up (even if there is no scandal, a new DHS probe keeps the Duggars name in the press in a negative way), I cannot believe TLC has no full on cancelled the show yet! The Duggars must make them unimaginable amounts of money to risk their name being forever associated with child molesters and DHS probes.

I wouldn't be surprised if the reason they wanted to speak with a minor was because a minor was the one to destroy the records. Maybe it's protocol in a case like this. Maybe someone at the police department was worried about how she was handling the situation.

It's just so bizarre that it was only one minor child. Not minor children. For those with CPS knowledge, could/would a call/tip about one child turn into an investigation about the welfare of all of the minor children? Or, if the tip was unique to one child, would checking the welfare of that one child be all there is?

I have never done CPS, but my experience is they investigate the specific complaint. During that investigation, other issues may arise and they will look into those as well. So it could start with one kid and something they see/hear/witness will broaden the investigation.

Was Josh ever sent to ATI or Journey as an adult?

If the timeline as I understand it is correct, appears that Josh spent most of his late adolescence dealing with the fallout from the molestation, from going away to the ATI camp/remodeling the building to suing DHS. Then after that he got married.

I've done CPS work in two states: PA and IL. When a call would come in and I'd get sent to check on the child who was the subject of the call, if there were more than just that one child at the house, it was my responsibility to determine the welfare of all the children in the home, not just the one called on.

Sorry if offends people to speculate, but for goodness sake, this cat is already out of the bag, and I would rather the insanity of this family be totally exposed.

The Mods have requested that there be absolutely no speculation regarding who the current investigation is centered on. It's not about offending people its about following the rules set down by the Mods. Please refrain from speculating further on this individual's identity.

Just for future reference, where was this request made? I've been following the thread here (though since we have literally nothing to go on, I don't know why people are speculating in the first place) but I didn't see the mod post about not speculating on the DHS probe. I did see the request not to speculate on the 5th victim. I think this one must be a little easier to miss, somehow.

I am purely speculating, and I am not trying to ruffle any feathers.

The Mods do not allow speculation regarding the identity of the person at the center of the current DHS investigation. Please refrain from making more comments speculating on that particular subject, as the person involved has a right to privacy at this time.

What's really sad about all of this would be if other things have been going on and others had full knowledge, but just held back, and now since one transgression has been exposed, many will follow, as opposed to stepping up all the ways along. I know, pie in the sky thinking.

from the today show report

someone called DHS on them and the family wouldn't let them inside

but the announcer said that the girls IE Jessa and Jill have started to post again on social media - despite the new investigation

and they showed the Baby Seewald ultrasound and pictures of IDDY

I think this will spark the girls to stop again

then they showed a picture of Josh and Josie holding on to his legs

Maybe they'll give a new interview to clear up what's going on with the new investigation. :popcorn2:

What's really sad about all of this would be if other things have been going on and others had full knowledge, but just held back, and now since one transgression has been exposed, many will follow, as opposed to stepping up all the ways along. I know, pie in the sky thinking.

I think sometimes people are more concerned about wrongly reporting something than they are concerned about the children... a lot of people will assume they're mistaken, it's not as bad as it seems, that nice Christian family couldn't POSSIBLY do this, that or the other. Once they know there was validity to other claims, which may seem like much worse transgressions to them, they're more comfortable bringing attention to other questionable situations they've seen. I think people like to keep the peace most of the time, especially when it comes to neighbors or prominent people in their communities, and I think there's also some hesitation to 'wrongly' accuse a family that has the resources to make your life very unpleasant if you should be asked to make an official statement or something. Since the Duggars have already found themselves under the bus, neighbors may now feel freer to address other points of concern in the family because they won't be considered the primary aggressor.

Just for future reference, where was this request made? I've been following the thread here (though since we have literally nothing to go on, I don't know why people are speculating in the first place) but I didn't see the mod post about not speculating on the DHS probe. I did see the request not to speculate on the 5th victim. I think this one must be a little easier to miss, somehow.

I thought I had seen a Mod post something about this. I must have gotten confused because I can't find it either (my mistake). If a Mod sees this, please help clear this up for us?

This was posted in the main thread on the molestation allegations:

Keep other speculation reasonable. Yes, there were most likely other crimes committed, but a random person on the internet with a gut feeling is not the same as someone with actual knowledge, and is not going to prompt an investigation or charges.

I would assume that speculation concerning the person at the center of this new DHS investigation would be included under this. We know that there is an investigation. We know Police were called because the Duggars wouldn't cooperate. At this point in time, I don't think we really need to know anything regarding the identity of the child or person in question. I think we need to tread lightly, as that person does deserve some privacy - as does the rest of the family (just in this instance, not in general) if this was a call based off untrue allegations.

I agree that it's probably distasteful to speculate, but at the moment there's so little information that I don't consider it offensive because there's just not much risk of the speculation becoming a legitimate rumor. It is probably a good idea to try and tamp down on the impulse to speculate, though. That's probably hard because this is a new, current 'scandal' of some kind that is (to all appearances) unrelated to the Josh stuff. But the fact that InTouch has brought this out means they likely have more information that will be released in the future, and that information will probably make it inappropriate to speculate further when we know what children are involved and what they're being investigated for. It's probably best to get into the habit of not speculating about the details of alleged crime in these families and try instead to focus on supporting the local DHS workers who are trying to look out for the children in the family.

Me too. I have to say I really don't like all this teasing by inTouch. If you have something, then publish it. Period. Otherwise I'm assuming that they are just trying to get peoples attention or maybe to scare certain individuals into cooperating with them.

(Bolding mine).

Marketing 101. Actually, you shouldn't need to take even a class to know that "teasers" are a common business practice. That's what movie trailers, tv commercials, cliffhangers, series books, and advertising is all about - creating interest so people want more.

What an odd thing to say.

PLEASE stop speculating about which child DHS wanted to interview.

Whoever it is, they are a CHILD. A MINOR. They did not choose to be born into this family. They deserve their privacy. Stop speculating about their identity.

The Mods have requested that there be absolutely no speculation regarding who the current investigation is centered on. It's not about offending people its about following the rules set down by the Mods. Please refrain from speculating further on this individual's identity.

I think beyond the request by the mods, it's the decent thing to do - to abstain from speculating about who is the focus of what we're calling "the new probe." This whole shit show has been interesting enough to watch but at some point these folks are going to need to live their lives again. It feels a little skeevy to postulate about what could have happened to what minor at what time by what adult and when. I'm not a CPS investigator working on their case - I'm glad there is one!

Maybe this thread needs to be locked until a time where more information is released?

Just about every thing to do with this incident is speculative and since it involves a minor, off limits on FJ.

What's the point of someone posting a speculative comment, only to be met with 10, "stop speculating" retorts?

Waste of time and seemingly causing lots of frustration.

Is it speculating on the specific identity of the minor in question to say that I feel sick at the thought of the call possibly coming from inside the house? If a child saw the Jill-Jessa interview and is trying, on the sly, to take Megyn's advise to call the hotline, that would be so scary for the kid.

Is it speculating on the specific identity of the minor in question to say that I feel sick at the thought of the call possibly coming from inside the house? If a child saw the Jill-Jessa interview and is trying, on the sly, to take Megyn's advise to call the hotline, that would be so scary for the kid.

The DHS visit was before Megyn's interview-

I homeschooled my kids for 6 years and was a member of HSLDA and found their insight very helpful. I am not Christian either but when you see how many calls are made to homes by CPS who demand entry without explanation except you are homeschooling you donlearn to lawyer up before allowing anyone in authority in your bome because once you allow them once you have nothing to stand on the second time around

I have had first band accounts with the abuse of the school system and CPS so unless a more extensive report is given about the entire incident i refuse to speculate on the social workers reason cor being there and wbetber the social worked was doing things legally. Facts are many will call the cops when the parents lawyer up and that is inflating the whole issue.

I HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt any of the kids were able to watch the interview! They are all about denying their kids info and knowledge, they aren't going to let them hear all about Josh's misdeeds on tv. They probably want to control every bit of the knowledge the kids have about what happened.

Archived