IGNORED

Duggars on Megyn Kelly, Friday Night Edition

Destiny

Omg Bill Maher is so bad. But he said "you know who should have had a lock on the bedroom door, the wife. 19 Kids."

He calls it 19 kids and groping

It is not funny but I'm done hearing Duggar speak.

If u missed it Fox replays the shit show every couple hours complete with a review of their coverage 're edited to make Megan Kelly look like she'd asked tough questions. They let the daughters field the toughest ones I think.

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is there a live stream for anything rn? like a channel where people are discussing it

cause i live in croatia and i have no way of watching it and i just missed the interview

Jim Boob is wearing nearly a whole can of hairspray for the interview. His hair looks like it's painted on.

Really? So these children go to authorities and tell their story expecting that NO ONE will ever hear about it, nor their identity revealed, and now an entire nation is talking about how their brother touched their boobs while they slept, and it's the headline on yahoo, with multiple articles, on every channel and every news source, and you don't get how they can feel more victimized NOW? I'm sorry, this blows my mind. Releasing that report was wrong. It was obvious, even when blacked out who the victims were. How are other victims supposed to trust the police? It's insane, and I feel so awful for those children.

Considering the great many people outside law enforcement and this family who Jim Bob spoke to about this it was beyond naive and stupid to think it would stay secret. Heck it had been an internet rumor since 2007.

And you go to the authorities so it won't happen to anyone else. That is the moral thing to do. If that means you are outed then so be it.

There is no shame in being a victim of a molester.

Does anyone have one of those nifty links for CNN? I haven't been able to find it so far

They are not talking about it on CNN, boo-hiss

Hannity's show

Now has a lawyer on wiht the pastor and doctor

Will be very difficult to prove liabilty for sueing.

Cannot believe the exercise in child abuse apologetics we just saw.

BULL SHIT, Jessa and Jill. BULL SHIT. I've said this before, and I will say it again:

--Yes, some of your sisters were awake and aware (p. 19-20, p. 21-22, and p. 23-24 of police report).

--Yes, some of your sisters were touched under their clothing and remembered it (p. 20, p. 22).

--Yes, at least one of you was very upset about the molestation, enough to break down in tears during the police interview (p. 23).

--Yes, at least one of you still didn't trust Josh after he came home from his "therapy" (p. 24).

--No, you do not know the extent of what Josh did and didn't do because four of you stated that you couldn't remember it exactly, so all you know is what Josh and your parents chose to tell you (p. 17-18, p. 19-20, p. 23, p. 25-26).

--No, Josh was not just a child. He was a 13- to 15-year-old adolescent preying on children up to 10 years younger than he was.

You are lying liars who lie, and by minimizing the abuse--yes, abuse, not stupid mistakes--to which you were subjected, you are doing a terrible disservice to other abuse survivors. You are telling them that teenage boys touching their prepubescent sisters sexually is normal and that molestation is no big deal as long as there's no penetration involved.

Jill was "a thousand times" more victimized by the media than by Josh? It felt fine and dandy to keep it all in the family but soooooo bad and wrong to tell the police? Message to other victims from Jill, loud and clear: Shut your mouth and keep quiet!

Jessa says if people really felt sorry for her they would've covered up Josh's crime? Message to the general public from Jessa, loud and clear: If an abuse victim is ashamed about what happened, shut your mouth and keep quiet and let the perp off the hook!

These girls clearly haven't healed in a healthy way because they can't even acknowledge that they were the victims of an actual crime.

now i'm getting mad...we know their identity because they are on a wildly popular television show and the whole world knows where they live. that is why they were identifiable...am i wrong? please let me know if i'm mistaking the situation.

Would they be crying they have been revictimized if at the age of 8 they were riding their bicycles and a drunk driver hit them and then was charged with a crime. And then 12 years later the court docs were released listing them a victim of a DUI?

No!

So people need to shift the paradigm that there is shame in being a victim of any crime.

Especially a juvenile victim.

2/3 of families deal with molestation. Where the fuck do they get that statistic?????

From the same guy who told them the chicken pox will prevent the shingles later in life.

But sadly the two out of three figure it's probably true in their cult.

You know - I'm not hating Fox's coverage of the interview right now. They might be clinging to the party line of illegal release, but they're also pointing out a LOT of errors and inconsistencies.

I'd like to know what peer review journals published studies that say that most child offenders don't re-offend** and that working on a construction site was a valid form of treatment.

**on Weds Megyn said per DoJ 85% don't get arrested again-- today she is saying don't re-offend. I can believe they get better at not getting caught and don't get arrested

I really do wonder if there are studies that distinguish between "got busted for it again" and "actually never did it again".

Because (as I've mentioned before on this forum) I was sexually assaulted by my thankfully now-ex boyfriend. I never reported it because I knew that it would have been expensive, emotionally exhausting, and frankly futile. I dealt with it "internally" by talking to him about what he did to hurt me, and then dumping his creepy ass. I'm OK with how I dealt with it, because it's what worked in my particular situation. Although I was not on speaking terms with him post-breakup, I'd heard through reliable sources that he'd realized that what he did was wrong, and was going to change and be a better man for his new girlfriend. I still didn't/don't forgive him, but I was willing to accept that he'd learned something, and was optimistic that he'd become a better, more empathetic and communicative person because of that.

I just found out two weekends ago from said girlfriend that she's breaking up with him. Partially (mostly) because he did the same stuff to her.

So as you can imagine, I'm pretty fucking hesitant to buy the whole "oh, Josh never did it again, he's reformed now, it was an isolated thing, he was just a kid" party line.

Also, funny how Fox News is cool with the "he was just a kid" defense for Josh, but when a black teenager just a couple years older gets shot to death for no reason or for something piddling, he's a thug who deserved to die.

Doctor: This family does not understand what the definitions are for sexual offenders.

Did the family wait so long to dodge officials?

Pastor: Forget the camera's. Get off reality tv and heal

Lawyer: People in the community have the right to know.

Since this story broke I've been wondering about statistics like this. Like:

How likely is it for a 14 year old to really stop molesting without proper treatment?

How likely is it for a young man to actually stop at fondling his victims and become emboldened to make his abuse worse, if he has not received proper treatment?

Without intensive treatment, the molesting will not stop and will often escalate to actual rape. This is the reason why in Alaska, we go to court and take custody of the offender. We have excellent programs in place, but the sad fact is that after treatment is completed, the kids go back into the same toxic environment that started this whole thing.

ETA:I don't know how to fix quote tags, sorry

I don't understand. She didn't even mention the incidents where the girls were awake? Just let them keep going with the "we weren't aware" position??

howie - the stunning thing is the media conduct has been a non issue. Josh didnt join the interview. The parents put them at risk. To listen to jill and jessa, media can inflict a lot of damage and these 2 women are victims. They've been dragged through the mud

From the fourth Buzzard recap and I'm only to the bottom of that page (with a fair amount of wine on board).

That bolded bit. Is not true for anyone who isn't of their mindset. At least not by anyone I know.

Now, Josh has been dragged through the mud. The parents have been dragged through the mud, but the girls/women? Not so much. No, this wasn't the ideal thing for them to have it come out like this, but "dragged through the mud???" Good grief.

I would like to point out it is still considered molestation if the perp is stroking your covered knee and getting sexual gratification from it.

So all this talk about it being over the clothes really only signifies if Josh wasn't getting off from it.

Josh s thought process has never been discussed. I don't think JB nor M understand a damn thing about what was going on here.

Doctor: This family does not understand what the definitions are for sexual offenders.

Did the family wait so long to dodge officials?

Pastor: Forget the camera's. Get off reality tv and heal

Lawyer: People in the community have the right to know.

a doctor, a lawyer and a pastor walk into a bar...

how many doctors, lawyers and pastors does it take to screw the Duggars?

(yes. i crack my own self up with stupid jokes. i'm flying on coffee and fox news tonight and certainly needed the levity!)

I don't understand. She didn't even mention the incidents where the girls were awake? Just let them keep going with the "we weren't aware" position??

EXACTLY!!!! Why didn't she ask them if the "five year old victim" sitting on his lap was asleep and unaware, too? No tears for her?

This may have been mentioned already, I'm sorry if I missed it. But has anyone (aside from here, of course, because we do know) that all this was happening during Boob's time in politics, and that might be the reason for not coming forward right away? That seems like a big thing to just skip over.

What the hell, I'm kind of mad about how not shitty Fox is being right now. It just means that when they inevitably return to their normal shit, it will be that much more disappointing.

Jill: Two thirds of families have this happen.

I have no words. Jill honestly believes that in the majority of homes the brothers are molesting the sisters?! I don't know whether to laugh or to cry.

Strange how nothing happened/they weren't victims/Josh is not a molester yet they are ready to implement their parents' safeguards with their own children/ If what Josh did to them was no big deal why the need to treat every male child like a potential molester?

There is some major disconnect going on here because they make it sound like being groped was trivial yet having the media report on Josh groping them was horrifying. So the world now knows that Josh grabbed your boob, so what? You did nothing wrong-- it is all on him. If Josh had punched you in the mouth and the papers reported on that would it be as horrifying? These girls believe that the act was of no consequence but outsiders knowing of the act is the real tragedy. That is completely backwards and proof of their insane upbringing and their warped values.

Archived