IGNORED

Duggars on Megyn Kelly, Friday Night Edition

Destiny

I don't understand. She didn't even mention the incidents where the girls were awake? Just let them keep going with the "we weren't aware" position??

That's what I am going to ask my son's psychologist on Wednesday. If the girls were truly unaware of what was going on, what would cause more harm, keeping them unaware, or jolting them with the realization, that something happened.

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As a Juvenile Probation Officer, I am able to refute the claim of low recidivism amongst juvenile sex offenders. In Alaska, the rate was 60 % reoffended with in 5 years.

This bitch on TV seems crazy. There are different rates per the treatment program, and rate.

In one of our programs in a large metro area I live in, the psychologists and psychiatrists running the program in our area worked closely with the court system.

They were able were able to look at the rates between child perpetrators who were sentenced to a program with a psychologist and LPC (and psychiatry if needed). It was an intense program, and the parent had to be involved in all aspects - often several times a week.

Those child offenders who went into the program had a low recidivism rate. They looked at the program with data after it had been running 10+ years.

Those who were sentenced to other forms of punishment or rehabilitation had a VERY HIGH recidivism rate. So did those who didn't complete the program.

Now the court system here is using the psychological rehabilitation program for child offenders at a very high rate.

That being said the offense rate for an adult versus a child perp is different - adults are extremely likely to offend, child perps without help or who drop out of help are highly likely to offend, those who receive help are very unlikely to re-offend. Treatment makes a huge difference.

And what a lie... 2/3 of families deal with this?!

Hannity:

Isn't there a lack of understanding in Christianity? The forgiveness of sin?

Guest: It's not my job to forgive the Duggars

Hannity: How much does reality tv come into this?

Guest: Lea Dunham

Her sister forgave her.

Guest: Celebrity aspects, with the Duggars, the public has the right to reject their premise. A bit nieve to think this wouldn't have come out.

Fame is unhealthy... this was before they were famous. And shut up about Lena Dunham please! Wow I don't usually watch fox news and now I see why most of you all here don't either

I didn't watch because 1) my blood pressure medicine comes with a warning about avoiding the Duggars and 2) Mr. Becket and I would be heading to divorce court if made him watch it. However, I understand that the word "agenda" was spoken a multitude of times. Perhaps they are unaware that the Duggar family has their own agenda. But I suppose their agenda is good and the rest of us have a bad agenda. Why oh why hasn't TLC made their decision? The stupid....it burns.

Fame is unhealthy... this was before they were famous. And shut up about Lena Dunham please! Wow I don't usually watch fox news and now I see why most of you all here don't either

This is waaaaaay better than most of the drivel on Fox. I'm surprised at how not terrible Hannity has been, because I usually dislike him with a fiery passion.

I can actually say I have mad respect for Dr. Keith Ablow right now... He had the Duggars' pastor sputtering and squawking like a pissed off castrato. :lol:

EXACTLY!!!! Why didn't she ask them if the "five year old victim" sitting on his lap was asleep and unaware, too? No tears for her?

I think megyn must have realized these two were the original two and the awake girls were the younger sisters. She has to realize they weren't the five year old sitting on the lap.

So she might have kept the discussion to just.what she believed happened to them only.

I noticed that Jessa didn't console Jill, and Jill kept interrupting Jessa - tears and all. I picked up no warmth between the two.

So now Josh was a "young boy" when it happened? How much younger can he get?

I noticed that Jessa didn't console Jill, and Jill kept interrupting Jessa - tears and all. I picked up no warmth between the two.

Well, he was a little younger than the guy she married!

I only know who Lena is because I looked her up when people kept talking about her.

I dont get why the media doesn't understand that the Duggars are notnjust reality tv stars they are members of a politicized cult where there are groups of people who have been fighting them for more than a decade.

This isn't a famous vs famous thing.

Lena is just some writer actor kr some show on paid cable. She doesn't have a group working against her message.

Really, media, how difficult is this to understand?

Stockholm syndrome, or capture-bonding, is a psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and sympathy and have positive feelings toward their captors to the point of defending the captors. The emotionally artificial bonding is the individual's response to trauma in becoming a victim. Identifying with the aggressor is one way that the ego defends itself. When a victim believes the same values as the aggressor, they cease to be perceived as a threat.

Jessa and Jill didn't have a problem showing their wedding photos or baby photos to the world. But now the media is evil. I feel for them but a show shouldn't be more important than your well being.

I have no words. Jill honestly believes that in the majority of homes the brothers are molesting the sisters?! I don't know whether to laugh or to cry.

I'd say cry.

She'll probably start locking Izzy down before number 2 is even born.

We're watching Bill Maher right now. Bill was comparing the Duggars to the Islamic State. Fiancé seriously turned to me and said, "That's why TLC hasn't cancelled. They're planning a spinoff - Duggars Meet ISIS!"

:lol:

This is especially weird (read: hypocritical) because I seem to recall that children are considered "young adults" in Gothardland around fourteen or so. Based on what we've seen on the show, this is about the age when any pretense of schooling ends, and the girls do even more housework, while the boys work as JB's indentured servants on his various rental properties. So why is Josh now considered a "young boy" who didn't know any better, when ordinarily he would have been considered a "young adult" at fourteen? And how could he claim to "not know any better" when it seems like all the Duggars do is yammer on about "purity" and "modesty"? :liar: :music-tool: :penguin-no: :wtf:

Totally off-topic, but Bill Maher kinda sorta completely skewered he Duggars on his show tonight. I feel like a terrible, horrible, no good person for laughing so hard. :laughing-rolling:

YAY! He's back! I was hoping he would talk about them. I'm looking forward even more to seeing my animal loving etc etc hero.

That statistic Jill threw out is probably true, which makes it all the more depressing. True for people in her cult, that is, not for the rest of the population. For them to be able to address it in such a way, to be so calm (even with Jill's waterworks) shows how brainwashed they really are.

I understand what they mean about "re-victimization." I have been the victim of sexual abuse multiple times and told no one every time. I made the mistake of telling my best friend in middle school and had to listen to her go on about it for hours. I came to terms with it on my own, and didn't want to have to rehash it with multiple people, in different places, and have to re-live it so many times. I don't know if what I did was the right thing to do- sometimes I wonder if I should have reported it, if those people went on to victimize other girls- but at the time, it felt like the right thing to do. So, for that one specific instance, I understand them.

Well, he was a little younger than the guy she married!

:cracking-up: :cracking-up: :cracking-up: :worship:

This is especially weird (read: hypocritical) because I seem to recall that children are considered "young adults" in Gothardland around fourteen or so. Based on what we've seen on the show, this is about the age when any pretense of schooling ends, and the girls do even more housework, while the boys work as JB's indentured servants on his various rental properties. So why is Josh now considered a "young boy" who didn't know any better, when ordinarily he would have been considered a "young adult" at fourteen? And how could he claim to "not know any better" when it seems like all the Duggars do is yammer on about "purity" and "modesty"? :liar: :music-tool: :penguin-no: :wtf:

And self-control. Remember (from the 1st special) - the Duggars learn self-control at an early age.

Thanks again, Buzzard. :)

I haven't read any comments about JB explaining to Jill that she should FORGIVE Josh, but that she didn't have to TRUST him until he earned it.

I don't know if it was appropriate in the circumstances of molestation or not, but I thought it was an interesting separation. I think in my own non-Christian life those two things would tend to go together.

Wasn't josh engaged to be married at 15? How does that jibe with being a child? :evil-eye:

Because age is just like bible verses, you pick and choose whatever interpretation you want.

If Josh was 14, and was jumping on a bed, and it broke...he would have to face "adult" consequences. Be it buy a new bed whatever.

Josh piddling his sisters when he was 14, he was a child that didn't know any better.

So MAD at myself for watching this CRAP!!! :angry-banghead: When this all broke, I was not surprised and chalked it up to Joshy just trying to have a sexual outlet, even if it was his 5 year old sister. I liked the Duggar kids, especially the girls ,and felt sorry for them for being trapped in this cult.

Fast forward to now...I am so angry that these 2 girls have flippantly addressed the SEXUAL ABUSE (i.e. not "inappropriate touching") they went through. I have learned that it is ok to be a "toucher" if it is 1) while the victim is sleeping, 2) if it is over clothing, and/or 3) it only lasts a few seconds. They are giving the impression to other victims that it is no big deal and most people have been "inappropriately touched" at a young age out here in the ebil world.

I have years of experience working in mental health as an RN and in a social work capacity. I currently work hand-in-hand with CPS. And believe me, the state yanks little boys out of homes in a heartbeat when reports of even "mild inappropriate touching" are made.

The recidivism rate given by these talking heads astounds me. I have gone through specialized training about sexual offenders and pedophiles. Did you know that when these people have no "convenient" victim, they resort to stimulating themselves by looking at kids in the K-Mart sale paper or watching children on the Disney channel and masturbating???? And I don't know that a 1 year difference in the statute (15 vs. 16) guarantees that Josh is NOT a pedophile.

It would not surprise me if Josh "inappropriately touched" others as an adult. Waiting for this to come to light.....sadly...

Is this Duggar shit done on Faux News? I just see Bill O'Reilly's, high;y punchable mug on my tv. As a tipsy aside, I really want to punch him in the throat.

I have no words. Jill honestly believes that in the majority of homes the brothers are molesting the sisters?! I don't know whether to laugh or to cry.

Strange how nothing happened/they weren't victims/Josh is not a molester yet they are ready to implement their parents' safeguards with their own children/ If what Josh did to them was no big deal why the need to treat every male child like a potential molester?

There is some major disconnect going on here because they make it sound like being groped was trivial yet having the media report on Josh groping them was horrifying. So the world now knows that Josh grabbed your boob, so what? You did nothing wrong-- it is all on him. If Josh had punched you in the mouth and the papers reported on that would it be as horrifying? These girls believe that the act was of no consequence but outsiders knowing of the act is the real tragedy. That is completely backwards and proof of their insane upbringing and their warped values.

Bolded is EXACTLY what is going on! I keep trying to remind myself that this family has another set of values, beliefs, mores and customs than mainstream religion and America, but I keep tripping over how much they looked like an average, regular family in the US, other than the size of the family. Of course, that is exactly what the Duggars set out to do, never emphasizing the Gothard teachings and just exactly how entrenched they are in the cult.

It doesn't matter what Josh did to them. They don't count, not next to Josh. And God forgave him, and we're all going to forgive him and life will be wonderful forever now that we've got this neat tv show and all kinds of leg-humpers reminding us of how wonderful we are.

Archived