IGNORED

Duggars on Megyn Kelly, Friday Night Edition

Destiny

I'm taking one for all of us and watching Hannity on Fox to report what the content was of Fox commentators. :pink-shock:

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this could convince viewers that this really was just some innocent "nonconsensual" touching (which is bullshit). This is what the Duggars hoped for and needed.

Lets all call it a sophies choice! Part 5

I'm just going to point out that fox is clearly backing away from their ridiculous "illegal release" arguments from earlier. This whole "bad liberal" is much more like them.

Emily Horowitz - got lots of credentials and stuff - I think it highlights the complex nature of sexual abuse in families. they love their brother. It wouldnt have been the best thing for him to go to prison. 1/3 of people who abuse children are chilren themselves... I interviewed people on the registry... the average age is 14

Megyn - thats important. Is josh duggar a child molester in the term we understand?

Emily - Sex offenders have lower recidivism than we believe. (Is fox pro sex offender now). The treatment is effective

Megyn - 85 - 90 % dont reoffend

Emily - treatment and intervention works

Megyn - they faced a tough choice... our viewers say its the duggars fault

Emily 0- theres so much emotion... pitchforks... its a terrible dilemna. If you go to the police you will be put in jail (UM, NO). This was unusual

Megyn - what message does the outing of this send to other victims

Emily - i think families are hesitant to get help

FINAL THOUGHTS

Megyn -The judge in the duggar's juvenile case says this report should never have been disclosed the city attorney maintains its lawful. The law needs to be changed... we need to better protect victims. Flashes hotline again.

I JUST HAVE TO SAY, WEDNESDAY WAS BAD, THIS WAS EVEN WORSE. I CANT BELIEVE SHE CALLS HERSELF A JOURNALIST.

Oh good, a light-hearted moment. Touch-Free Tangerine, Purposeful Pomegranate, Abstinence Apricot. And for the very casual look....Nike Nude.

. Just had to say Nike Nude is genius! Lol... and how about Submissive Strawberry

OMG Something just dawned on me, did Derick and Ben learn about this when the magazine hit the presses.

i really wanted Megan to ask that question !!!!

Did Megyn ever ask the parents or girls how/what Josh is doing these days? I mean, we can assume...

Josh must be a tough case, if most childhood sex offenders don't re-offend. After all, didn't he keep going back time and time again to report he'd had his hands on his sisters?

And I didn't realize that carpentry was licensed treatment for a sex offender.

. Exactly! Brothers and sisters should be able to rough-house, sit on each other, hug, show affection in all sorts of ways... because there should be no sexual thoughts between siblings! I feel bad for th Duggar grandkids growing up not being able to show each other normal and natural affection because of this.

Is this when side hugging started?

Bingo.

There is a school of thought that all sexual assaults against women are considered worse than other assaults only because sociologically speaking a girls virginity and sexuality are not her own but is her fathers or husbands. And it is not an offence against her but a theft against him.

I recall in sociology class debating this and it was fascinating.

It goes back to why the shame of the victim when they did nothing.

Exactly. Their response highlights their lack of therapy and the pervasive effects of the "purity culture" values. It's horrific all around. But their words and actions here clearly demonstrate that they've not dealt with the real issues. The problem isn't the media; the problem is their brother molested them repeatedly and their parents barely dealt with it and tried instead to cover everything up. No one got licensed, accredited therapy -- if so, with whom? where? The media isn't the problem here; the problem is that their cult cultivates and encourages predatory behavior by men.

Im watching the hannity reaction. The first commenter used air quotes for Josh's "treatment", says Jim bob and Michelle did not explain what treatment was given, and disbelieves everything the duggars have said. Props!

Hannity's show is reshowing the most emotional parts of the girls & Megyn's interview.

Fox's medical expert calls Josh 'a pedofile'. He says that their 'counselor' for Josh was not a real counselor. The parents did the wrong thing. The parents did not safeguard the community against Josh. The parents have not documented the counseling. The scenarios of the girls and the parents don't match. What kind of story is this? It doesn't make sense?

Hannity: Is pastoral counseling enough.

Dr. Jeffrries, the pastor at the Duggars church, he knows the Duggars. UGH>>

Wow, their story is so similar to their parents, and so in contradiction to the police report...brainwashed much? :angry-banghead:

Did you fight? Of course they didn't they kept sweet...that was the only option hey had.

Also, I wasn't even following her, and yet I think I got blocked from Jessa Seewald on instagram...perhaps mentioning Gothard and the IBLP was bad? There were a few supporters who seemed interested in my thoughts, next thing you know, I can't see shit. Whatever, Jessa, whatever.

Holy crap. Watching Hannity (haven't turned off Fox yet...what is wrong with me?). This guy on here is actually picking apart the Duggars and their actions. Interesting.

"Haven't give a cogent definition of treatment given to their son"

"The whole scenario doesn't wash with me"

Oh boy...but the Pastor on is friendly with the family...

Josh must be a tough case, if most childhood sex offenders don't re-offend. After all, didn't he keep going back time and time again to report he'd had his hands on his sisters?

And I didn't realize that carpentry was licensed treatment for a sex offender.

I'd like to know what peer review journals published studies that say that most child offenders don't re-offend** and that working on a construction site was a valid form of treatment.

**on Weds Megyn said per DoJ 85% don't get arrested again-- today she is saying don't re-offend. I can believe they get better at not getting caught and don't get arrested

I looked her up she hosted a seminar called "I was a child abuser!" http:// library.tc.columbia.edu/news.php?id=1109 and works as an advocate for those falsely accused and/or wrongfully convicted of sexually and/or physically harming children.

It sounds like she's an MRA for child abusers.

So when is Uncle Joshie going to get to babysit??

Um he came back a change guy... though they still had nighttime women's prison lockdown.

As a Juvenile Probation Officer, I am able to refute the claim of low recidivism amongst juvenile sex offenders. In Alaska, the rate was 60 % reoffended with in 5 years.

Since this story broke I've been wondering about statistics like this. Like:

How likely is it for a 14 year old to really stop molesting without proper treatment?

How likely is it for a young man to actually stop at fondling his victims and become emboldened to make his abuse worse, if he has not received proper treatment?

Totally off-topic, but Bill Maher kinda sorta completely skewered he Duggars on his show tonight. I feel like a terrible, horrible, no good person for laughing so hard. :laughing-rolling:

Pastor - it's none of your business how many children they have?! Uh yeah if they aren't taking care of them correctly. He just keeps saying its none of your business, uh yea it is if they want to stay on TV they need to tell the truth now. Not that they should stay on TV, but the only way anyone could remotely try to defend them being on TV after this is if they answered all the important questions with truthful answers.

well hot shit on a pancake stick! i'm having a party of one (and 3 kittens) watching dr baldy calmly take down pastor spitter-sput... dude really really sets the bar high for the IFB clergy

Archived