IGNORED

Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Rumors - Part 2

happy atheist

I asked a friend who has worked for a newspaper in the US and she said that while it's hard, it is doable. It also maybe go through unethical but not illegal channels.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm starting to seriously worry that TLC won't cancel the show. They might actually just continue on like nothing happened. The thought of that makes me sicker than I have felt all day.

I mean, they showed Josie having a bloody seizure. Does this network have a shred of dignity? Even one gram of respect.

Since Josh and the victims were minors there should be no way they got those reports without permission. They either knew about the leak beforehand or someone gave them that information. They could be lying to protect the identity of whoever gave them the reports.

This isn't true in my state. My family growing up was a dysfunctional wreck, and there are tons of police reports written on things that went on in my house. Later as an adult, I went to the police station and asked if there was any way I'd be able to obtain copies of the reports (I had a reason for wanting them. No sense in going into detail). The lady responded, "Of course you can. Anyone can see them. They're public records." A few days later, they gave me the reports with the minors' names scribbled out.

I think it sucks that the reports are accessible to anyone. They're embarrassing, and I hate that it's so easy for literally anyone to dig up information I'd rather bury and leave behind in the past. But...anyone can get copies of them for any reason.

I'm starting to seriously worry that TLC won't cancel the show. They might actually just continue on like nothing happened. The thought of that makes me sicker than I have felt all day.

I mean, they showed Josie having a bloody seizure. Does this network have a shred of dignity? Even one gram of respect.

They still haven't said anything, have they? Would they public allow them to continue the show? Continuing isn't even controversial, this is covering up abuse...

I certainly don't excuse what Josh did. Although I must say, I feel this highlights that men can also fall victim to Gothard's patriarchal culture.

As parents, what do you think is going to happen to your child when you explain that any and all sexual thoughts are from satan? That masturbation is sin? That you cannot use the normal terminology to describe sex and sexual organs? That when you frontal-hug someone, you are sexually defrauding them? That you cannot frontal hug your own fiance? That you can't be trusted to use the internet unsupervised? That you cannot go on the computer without a sister entering the password? That you cannot have a smart phone? That you cannot be alone with the opposite gender? That you have to swim fully clothed? That you can't go to a public pool or beach? That you have to look at the ground upon command 'Nike!' when a woman wearing less than 'neck to knee' walks past? When the only experience you have with the opposite gender is your own siblings? When you are homeschooled and never interact with any women outside your family home? When your sister's purity is so glorified until it becomes fetishised? You are taught to only seek after pure, virginal women 'like your mother'? You know your parent's are mating and reproducing like rabbits, and yet you are forbidden to ask them about it? When you never get the chance to learn sex-ed until the night before your wedding?

Again, I don't condone Josh's behaviour. But honestly, I have always this was a disaster waiting to happen.... I really do feel he is a victim hurting other victims.

They still haven't said anything, have they? Would they public allow them to continue the show? Continuing isn't even controversial, this is covering up abuse...

On twitter they posted Josh's statement. So far, that's the only word from them. They have quite honestly left it at that.

Oh, the temptation to bomb TLC HQ

This time yesterday I was angry at the media for publishing unbelievable rumors. Now I am angry at everyone (except girls). Those idiot parents... And part of me still want to wake up and find out that all this is a weird nightmare happening in my mind. But things make too much sense in that context. Girls' bedroom, courtship rules, behaviors, phrases said now an then, Michelle's obsessions with sex offenders. Family dynamics, favoritism. Everything. My mind has blown.

I have searched everywhere, does anyone have a link or know where to look for the Jana speech where she talks about it being her responsibility to forgive? The once which seemed to be about the whole Jessa jewellery box thing?

Someone had to tell Intouch that this report existed. I wonder who it was.

Someone had to tell Intouch that this report existed. I wonder who it was.

I was reading(from multiple FB and Instagram comments) that In Touch got wind of Radar Online's rumour mill and just dug deeper. Apparently it wasn't hard for them to obtain the information and it was about greasing the right wheels down in Arkansas.

Also: what do you want to bet that Oprah has an open offer for the first Duggar girl who wants to talk about this?

Ain't gonna happen. Oprah now has her own network, OWN, that is also part of Discovery Networks just like TLC. It's been getting some good ratings from Tyler Perry's shows. She's not going to do a damn thing.

I can't imagine any of the girls (or their husbands/in-laws) had a hand in leaking this. Dealing with this in public would be a nightmare for them.

I distinctly remember one of the original sources of this rumor specifically said to check the Springdale police reports if we didn't believe her. It's much too late at night for me to go looking for it now, took me hours to catch up with this thread. But yeah. I think FJ rumors hit the tabloids and someone made the freedom of information request for the reports. None of us ever thought to do it back then.

Sin In The Camp has always been made to seem like Josh was caught in the act of premarital kissing or something like that. A Duggar 'crime', not a real crime. Which is probably why nobody ever really pursued it. I think its much more likely that somebody has leaked the info. As until today its been dismissed as one of those Duggar urban myths.

My friend picked up on it before that the reason Jim Bob didn't go to the authorities in July of 2002 is because he was running for the US Senate at that time. It would have ended the campaign, which he lost anyway.

Maybe Amy leaked it? She has been increasingly distant from the show lately, and passive-aggressive towards the Duggars in her more recent interviews.

Maybe Amy leaked it? She has been increasingly distant from the show lately, and passive-aggressive towards the Duggars in her more recent interviews.

She uses them for her country singing 'career'

I think its much more likely to have been something to do with some of the new non ATI family members or a Ruark.

From what I can gauge from reactions on certain news outlets and Twitter, FRC has become the subject of huge ridicule, and has been discredited.

A lot of Josh's anti LGBT statements are coming to light thanks to this scandal. He has lost any political credibility, as has FRC.

Maybe Michelle's lesbian sister thought she'd finally had enough of Josh's GLBTI hate-speech and decided to let the cat out of the bag!

Me too. They cancled Honey Boo Boo so fast. I'm starting to think they knew from the start.

I have searched everywhere, does anyone have a link or know where to look for the Jana speech where she talks about it being her responsibility to forgive? The once which seemed to be about the whole Jessa jewellery box thing?

I know a small clip is on this Instagram with the name freejinger.

instagram.com/p/2JNnd0g4k4/

(Hope I did that correctly)

I know a small clip is on this Instagram with the name freejinger.

instagram.com/p/2JNnd0g4k4/

(Hope I did that correctly)

It worked, thanks heaps for that.

I cannot believe this whole situation. Now, so many things on the show seem so much more sinister :(

And seriously, the amount of people excusing what he did is just disgusting. This is not just a teenage 'mistake'! And given that it occurred on numerous occasions makes it even worse! What is wrong with these people?!? :cry:

Hi, popping up from Lurkerdom to comment.

I haven't read the whole thread because I'm at work right now and trying to sneakily read it. I'm confused, has Josh explicitly stated that he molested his sisters? If so I cannot believe they will continue with this show. Or is this a case of the usual lie by omission, "yes I did something bad but I'm deliberately not giving you the details?" The Duggars are always so shady and vague about everything it also makes me question everything that has actually gone on. It seems like Josh is doing his standard admit part but not the whole. I don't get why they wouldn't come out and properly define it. You're not sorry if you can't admit what you actually did.

Ok that probably was all waffle, but I just can't believe TLC would knowingly let this guy on their channel.

Washington, D.C. - Family Research Council President Tony Perkins released the following statement regarding the resignation of Josh Duggar:

"Today Josh Duggar made the decision to resign his position as a result of previously unknown information becoming public concerning events that occurred during his teenage years.

"Josh believes that the situation will make it difficult for him to be effective in his current work. We believe this is the best decision for Josh and his family at this time. We will be praying for everyone involved," concluded Perkins.

Classic.

They are saying they did not know....wash their hands.

IF he did resign they are saying just as well as they would have sacked him anyway.

They are nice folks so they are praying for him.

Wriggle,wriggle, move away from the bad smell.

It's interesting because the hard core Duggar fans are shouting loudly for forgiveness blah blah. The extreme haters want him raped in jail (yes I did read that in a comment on instagram.)

They are doing neither. Just walking away and hoping to carry on their mission of 'Family.'

I hope a microscope is placed on this organisation and it's actions.

Hi, popping up from Lurkerdom to comment.

I haven't read the whole thread because I'm at work right now and trying to sneakily read it. I'm confused, has Josh explicitly stated that he molested his sisters? If so I cannot believe they will continue with this show.

Nevermind, I'm quoting myself as a note to disregard my previous comment. I guess I just wanted to believe there was one shred of untruth about the whole sordid business. Those poor girls.

It's interesting for a family that preaches hate in the guise of morality their son is an incestuous child molester and J&M enabled and covered up a sex crime. All that said I think they never taught Josh about masturbation or sex as he was a homeschool shut in. It really puts in perspective what crapola that wedding night speech from Jim Bob to Josh that was.

Archived