IGNORED

Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Rumors - Part 2

happy atheist

Given the timing of the reports, the victims must have been 4 of the 5 older girls.... e.g., Jana, Jill, Jessa, Jinger and/or Joyanna. There wasn't another Duggar daughter until Johanna and she was just a baby at the time. She would have been too young to talk.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lso, maybe the girls really did want to share a room and have the littles in the bed with the older ones- protection. :(

Well, if you assume that one of the victims was Joy, based on her age at the time, the "littles" would maybe need the older ones for protection. Vomit.

I assumed the "rod" comment came from a kid who was very young and had heard the fundie spouting of "spare the rod" etc. ad nauseum for years but didn't really understand it.

On one hand I am glad this was exposed to maybe knock some social/peer-pressure into Michelle and JimBob on how to correctly deal with situations rather than sweeping them under the rug.

The other hand, I wish this had not been exposed. Josh is going to move back, near the girls in which he molested. During the time he was in D.C. the girls could at least breathe without seeing their perpetrator. In addition, this brings up publicly their pain and suffering. It must not be easy. They will, under the ultimate headship, have to forgive once again and except Josh into their lives. :(

This whole thing reminded me of terrible Gothard propaganda piece I'd read on here from another discussion thread:

That is so jacked up! The modesty part pisses me off so much. It always has with these wackadoos. And the "don't change a baby sisters diaper" thing is just insane. Disgusting and sad.

I'm still curious why non-sister victim #5 parents weren't more aggressive seeking justice. It's one thing for the Duggars to not do it out of mixed up sense of torn loyalty, but the other family...

Look to the Vision Forum / Doug Phillips scenario where its not any one family, but a whole culture of loyalty.

Also reminds me sadly of the "Thank you Michelle (Duggar)" video of Vision Forum days gone by featuring of course another young lady misused by a hypocrite.

On other sites I've read that Josh is a pedophile and not just a molester. Is that technically true? I've always thought of a pedophile as an adult with a very young or much younger child (i.e., 45 year old man and a 14 year old girl), but now I'm wondering if my definition is wrong.

Am I understanding the situation correctly in that there were multiple incidents with multiple children over the course of a year but that each person was only molested once? One site seems to mention that the child went to JB/M as soon as something happened and they talked to Josh and it stopped with that child but then started up with another, while other sites make it seem like there were multiple incidents of molestation with each child and talking to the parents didn't make the behavior stop.

*ETA: Changed age from 24 to 14 - typo.

On other sites I've read that Josh is a pedophile and not just a molester. Is that technically true? I've always thought of a pedophile as an adult with a very young or much younger child (i.e., 45 year old man and a 24 year old girl), but now I'm wondering if my definition is wrong.

Am I understanding the situation correctly in that there were multiple incidents with multiple children over the course of a year but that each person was only molested once? One site seems to mention that the child went to JB/M as soon as something happened and they talked to Josh and it stopped with that child but then started up with another, while other sites make it seem like there were multiple incidents of molestation with each child and talking to the parents didn't make the behavior stop.

I am not sure what the technical definition of a pedophile is. I suppose it's any adult with any child under a certain age. When children themselves are sex offenders, I'm not sure what labels would be placed on them.

But I do know that a 24 year old woman and a 45 year old man together is NOT pedophilia in the slightest. She is of legal age and can consent to sex with anyone else of legal age. (But of course rape is rape and sexual assault is sexual assault, no matter the age.)

A pedophile is an adult who is sexually attracted to children, not much younger adults. The report is a little nonspecific on number of incidents that occurred to each child, but given that they all seem to have been substantially coached (really, you like broom ball? Me too, imagine that!) and were sleeping when the incidents occurred, it's really hard to know exactly what happened.

I am not sure what the technical definition of a pedophile is. I suppose it's any adult with any child under a certain age. When children themselves are sex offenders, I'm not sure what labels would be placed on them.

But I do know that a 24 year old woman and a 45 year old man together is NOT pedophilia in the slightest. She is of legal age and can consent to sex with anyone else of legal age. (But of course rape is rape and sexual assault is sexual assault, no matter the age.)

Gah. That's what I get for posting before proof-reading. I meant to say a 14 year old girl and a 45 year old man. Of course a 24 and 45 year old are ok to be together. Off to edit my post if there's still time.

A pedophile is an adult who is sexually attracted to children, not much younger adults. The report is a little nonspecific on number of incidents that occurred to each child, but given that they all seem to have been substantially coached (really, you like broom ball? Me too, imagine that!) and were sleeping when the incidents occurred, it's really hard to know exactly what happened.

Yeah the coaching was very clear. They all like spelling. They like broom ball. They hate math.

I want to know who was able to read princess books...

One more thing. This might be fairly easily swept under the rug or explained away in Gothard circles with the teachings about "first borns."

I can't read any more leghumper comments. I knew they would be there, but I am horrified by the sheer number of them. I think I'll just switch over to my John Waters book--at least his "filth" is funny.

When did Michelle get the Mother of the Year award? My google-fu says July 2010, but I thought it was well before then.

I just can't. The whole day I wanted to cry and finally broke down when someone posted the ages of the girls in 2002 in Part 1. I sobbed because even if Joy Anna wasn't a victim, Jinger was still 8 and Jana was 12. The whole thing is just fucked up. Just fucked up. I'm trying to understand this whole "forgiveness" crap and confessing to sins and praying, or whatever the hell Josh did, and how JimBob and Michelle will probably NEVER understand that that's NOT okay and that their children (ALL OF THEM) need counseling from qualified, licensed professionals who have experience with these situations. I'm also trying to imagine what they're thinking ("we're not perfect but Jesus still loves us" ???) and what Josh is thinking ("me, me, me" ???), and what the victims are thinking (I don't even want to write that down).

I haven't gone to read comments on news sites or social media because I try to not do that ever, and from what other people have posted it's probably a good idea to stay away, but I can't handle that people are brushing this off like it wasn't a big deal. Like saying "little Johnny got caught masturbating in his own room, that he doesn't share with anyone, to the Farrah Fawcett poster"... "oh, teenage boys!" NOOO! :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

Sad all around.

I don't know if this was mentioned, but Radar Online had photos and a video of Josh and family at the airport in Washington D.C. earlier. (Thursday) I don't know where they were headed, but they were leaving town.

Now I wonder why Jana spent so much time with Josh and Anna in DC last year. I know a lot of us were hoping Jana was getting some away time from the chaos of the TTH or possibly courting. I wonder now if she spent time with Anna and the kids to protect the M kids from Josh?

I don't know if this was mentioned, but Radar Online had photos and a video of Josh and family at the airport in Washington D.C. earlier. (Thursday) I don't know where they were headed, but they were leaving town.

I said yesterday those pictures made me want to smack him. Id add the extra bit im thinking now but not sure how liberal FJ is on fantasised violence.

He's fucking smiling in the video while the paparazzi are asking him to comment on the situation.

Woohoo, finally made it through this entire thread! It's like swimming upstream.

I feel so bad for the victims. I can't imagine how horrific it would be to be molested, let alone by your sibling in such a repressed environment. They must feel such guilt/denial/shame... I don't even know. I feel terrible for them now, too, because this is being brought up all over again and they clearly never got proper support to deal with it.

I hope this is the end of the show.

RCp68Sg.jpg

Re: the attached macro'd image of Josh and Jana sleeping on the same bed, separated by a pillow: Jokes about incest are tasteless, especially when perpetrator and possible victim are actually the butts of the joke.

The leghumpers are what is blowing my mind at this point. How can anyone defend this?!?!?! Maybe I'm floored because someone actually unfriended me because I refused to say the Duggars were still a good family. But an isolated person wouldn't shock me but it's not. It's large amounts of people out there defending them. This isn't a kid being a kid. It's not like he broke some windows or stole some beer. He hurt 5 young girls. 5 young girls who weren't given proper counseling. 4 of them have spent the last 15 years on TV spouting or hearing it spouted that women are responsible for men's actions. That's beyond fucked up.

I don't drop the f bomb on here normally but this situation has caused me to do it numerous times. So JB, Michelle I'm blaming you for that. You are causing me to sin, think about that.

I don't think this will get brushed under the rug... I suspect this scandal will bruise their image so badly, TLC may be forced to cancel their show. The fact he represented FRC Action, and has now been forced to resign, only intensifies their hypocrisy.

If this was a normal family, it would be hard enough then to deal with the media slander. The outrage is only magnified by the fact that this family won't even endorse a frontal hug between an engaged couple.

All this spouting about purity and saving your first kiss to marriage... I can't even imagine how used and dirty those Duggar girls must have felt at the marriage altar...

Archived