IGNORED

Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Rumors - Part 2

happy atheist

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't want to go to bed because when I wake up in the morning you guys are going to be on part 9.

One of my friends texted me the story and said she was sorry because she knew I was a fan. I am still amused by that one. She got that from me "liking" all of their facebook pages.

I made the mistake of commenting on a large news outlets facebook thread and got a ton of replies. "He was just a kid" being the most common one.

I've always believed this but a friend said it today about the Duggars ( Josh in particular) and I think it's worth repeating:

“Those who preach the loudest are usually covering up the screams of their victims.â€

Josh Duggar has been the number one trend on Twitter most of the night.

TLC will have no choice, it will be cancelled.

How soon will all those Republicans wash their hands of the Duggars? All those selfies Josh took.

I would love a statement from the Bates and FRC.

I think they are so used to having things blow over they think this will as well.

My DH asked me tonight who brought it up again and why. Are there any answers yet? Who is profiting from this? One would think the family wants to keep Josh in DC.

I hate that Anna and kids could be hurt, well the kids. Anna knew what she was getting into. Maybe JB gave Mr. Keller a dowry.

So many adults knew and did nothing and went along with the fakery of it all.

In the Gothard world and the Duggar household, the girls were responsible for their molestations probably because they defrauded Josh.

I just wonder what four year old JoyAnna could have possible done to defraud him. I think that this is why Jinger feels that she was so sinful

Those poor girls they did nothing to deserve Josh putting his fingers in their vaginas. Damm Mullet and Boob to the deepest reaches of hell.

The person who requested the reports had to have been a victim, Josh, or JB and M. That's the only way they could've been given out. So one of those victims wanted this story out and exposed. I wonder why now and not years earlier?

Ok, I have been sick in bed for 2 days. Can someone please give me a TL:DR? Please? Also, 5 girls, are sisters included in that? Do we know?

How soon will all those Republicans wash their hands of the Duggars? All those selfies Josh took.

I would love a statement from the Bates and FRC.

I think they are so used to having things blow over they think this will as well.

My DH asked me tonight who brought it up again and why. Are there any answers yet? Who is profiting from this? One would think the family wants to keep Josh in DC.

I hate that Anna and kids could be hurt, well the kids. Anna knew what she was getting into. Maybe JB gave Mr. Keller a dowry.

No one knows who brought it up. It's been theorised that it could be someone in FRC, JD, Derick or his family, or Ben or his family.

One thing that isn't clear is who leaked the story, and why now? I don't think it's a family member, I mean, M4 is due in a couple months, I don't think they'd do that.

I think that AR house was an indicator of Josh going to run for office, and some competitor wanted his campaign shut down.

It seems par for the course, sadly. In this, and other similar cultures appearances, ego, and continuing the gravy train are far more important than the truth and consequences for wrongdoing.

As a person who was 'touched inappropriately ' as a child and told to 'get over it', it's a part of playing with kids' this breaks my heart. May his victims have peace.

Is there any way that the 5th person could be Amy??

I doubt it. She's 2 years older-- I don't see him putting the moves on his 16 yo cousin. Plus she has a tight relationship w Anna. I've also seen her yukking it up w Josh on past episodes. The girls have enough fundie friends hanging around and/or staying over for it to be a non-relative.

But maybe it's why Amy wasn't in Jill's or Jessa's weddings. She seems tighter w Ol Joshie than the girls.

I don't think it's appropriate for the Bates to say anything about the sexual abuse in the Duggar family. But- they may say something like " We're praying for them" or something else that Christians say when they don't know what else to say.

I had to leave everything, shut it down and take a nap this evening to clear my mind.

I've come to the conclusion that the people who hide behind religion are the worst sorts of people on earth. Better the enemy you know than the wolf in sheep's clothing.

I wonder how people will ever be able to watch 19KAC again if it returns. I couldn't watch the reruns airing- and my purpose for watching was to see how the children interacted in the years before I saw an episode ( frumper years).

I couldn't watch it. FIVE MINUTES and I was so upset- mad as hell at Josh and feeling so sad and protective of the girls.

I hope a public site will put up a MODERATED Support Thread for the Duggar girls.

Maybe they will read it, if not now, then someday. Or maybe it will be big enough to also be quoted in MSM reports of this horrible abuse.

The girls need to know what real people think right now, not what the crazies of the world think and are posting in comments about their breasts and genitalia.

But how would someone outside of the family or ATI have even known? It had to be someone in the family. Since giving birth, Jill has been distant from the family. Understandably, she's tired, but still. So her and/or Derick is a possibility. I still believe that Jessa and/or Ben is a possibility. Jessa's looks during "Digging in with the Duggars" were very... telling. Possible that she's just running crazy with pregnancy hormones, along with recently gaining a non-ATI view of the world, and she thought "Screw it. Enough of this BS". JD is also a possiblity. He's increasingly distanced himself from the family over the years, although I don't see him doing it out of the blue without his sisters' input. Could even be Jana. Maybe she IS tired of being trapped at the TTH because of the show and didn't know how else to bring it down. I don't quite see Jinger or Joy being this crafty, or any of the younger boys. Could it even be possible that Marjorie's family were informed? I don't see Amy, as she wouldn't do it anonymously, let alone if she even knew. Deanna, perhaps? Grandma Mary? But why would Grandma Mary do it now? Once again, if it was someone from their church, it would be too weird for this to come out now. Due to it being anonymous and due to the timing, I get the strong feeling that it was a family member.

Or you never know, perhaps InTouch employees were digging through here and all of the Duggar rumours. But that still doesn't explain how they would have known there was a police report. No rumour (at least no rumour on FJ, from what I've seen, I know the original sources did) implied anything criminal.

I don't see how someone at FRC could have known, and I really don't see how a competitor for office could have known.

And that, in a nutshell, is why sexual -- and other -- forms of abuse continue to be perpetuated.

Michelle and JimBob are as much abusers of their daughters as Joshua is.

The person who requested the reports had to have been a victim, Josh, or JB and M. That's the only way they could've been given out. So one of those victims wanted this story out and exposed. I wonder why now and not years earlier?

I can share my theory on this. When we are growing up, we look at safety in one way. But- when we have a baby or are pregnant with a baby, we women look at the environment and what's safe for the precious baby a lot differently.

It may be a very strong emotion for many men as well, IDK, because my ex-husband never shared his feelings about our child.

My bet is that one of the married Duggar girls requested and then leaked the reports. Oprah may still have a hand in some things as well, such as encouraging the young mothers to be pro-active for their babies. Oprah was raped as a child, she knows generational abuse.

The young adult victims' children could be at risk now or in the future because none of us know what is in Josh's mind or what his boundaries are now.

Something like this happened to me when I was only a little younger than Joy-Anna (thankfully not a member of my family) and I don't remember it at all. I only know because I have been told it happened by my mother.

Is it better to remember it or not?

I can share my theory on this. When we are growing up, we look at safety in one way. But- when we have a baby or are pregnant with a baby, we women look at the environment and what's safe for the precious baby a lot differently.

It may be a very strong emotion for many men as well, IDK, because my ex-husband never shared his feelings about our child.

My bet is that one of the married Duggar girls requested and then leaked the reports. Oprah may still have a hand in some things as well, such as encouraging the young mothers to be pro-active for their babies. Oprah was raped as a child, she knows generational abuse.

The young adult victims' children could be at risk now or in the future because none of us know what is in Josh's mind or what his boundaries are now.

I think it could've been Jessa who requested the report and leaked it. People have mentioned Ben being very protective of her and his body language around Josh before the wedding. She probably told him before the wedding. He seems to really care for and be protective of Jinger too. I thought him hugging her after her tearful speech at their rehearsal dinner was weird, but now there seems to be some meaning to it. Jessa is now free from her parents and Ben has probably helped her see how messed up the whole situation was and is. She probably had encouragement from him and his family to go forward and release the report.

You know I keep thinking about who put the letter in the book and then loaned the book out. Grandpa Ruark was living in the house when all this was going down. But sometime afterwards he moved to Ohio. Did he put the letter in the book shortly before he moved in a last ditch effort to protect his granddaughters? Someone did it deliberately.

I think it could've been Jessa who requested the report and leaked it. People have mentioned Ben being very protective of her and his body language around Josh before the wedding. She probably told him before the wedding. He seems to really care for and be protective of Jinger too. I thought him hugging her after her tearful speech at their rehearsal dinner was weird, but now there seems to be some meaning to it. Jessa is now free from her parents and Ben has probably helped her see how messed up the whole situation was and is. She probably had encouragement from him and his family to go forward and release the report.

^ agreed. Plus she has a baby to think about. Being a (soon-to-be) mother probably really puts things in perspective.

How great would it be if it turns out that all the older kids had banded together to turn this out. A giant middle finger to their parents and the show... would completely put them in control of the situation.

I would not be surprised in the slightest if Jill or Jessa made some offhand comment in front of their in-laws - not even realizing the extent of what they said - and one of the in-laws had something to do with it. Both girls seem close with their new families and in spite of the crazy Christian river that runs through them... they strike me as decent enough people.

I hope that the Dillards and Seewalds continue to open their hearts to their DIL (and whatever little buddies come along with them). They all deserve a group of people who really care for THEM and not their name.

Something like this happened to me when I was only a little younger than Joy-Anna (thankfully not a member of my family) and I don't remember it at all. I only know because I have been told it happened by my mother.

Is it better to remember it or not?

Hi, long time lurker, coming out. Hey!

Anyway, I don't know if its better or not. To be honest, I don't think there's any better. Even if a victim does not remember, there is still a sense of violation. One of the girls on that report seemed to have been very young, theres a chance that she probably doesn't remember. But I've known from friends and family (and personal experience) that even if the memory is not the clearest, that vague sense of violation is there. And I can't imagine how pronounced it would be in a home like TTH where Josh is still welcomed and celebrated and where the females are treated as work horses responsible for the violence of others.

Since both Jill and Jessa were fairly heavily chaperoned before their weddings, I doubt that either one was able to tell their spouses about Josh's abuse before they married. However, after they married, I am sure that they most probably did.

Archived