IGNORED

Alice Pregnancy Addict (alicesbaby)

So Many Lies

I'm really glad that I'm not the only one whose bullshit detector was going off, I mentioned the fact that I felt there was something fishy about this on Facebook and got chewed out because how DARE I question a questionable series of events.

If it's legit, it's horrible yes, but there's something so insincere about it to me, and the Nia chick just looked like she was working those crocodile tears. I think it's awfully... Not convenient, but let's use that for lack of a better word, in that less than a week after their "viral" announcement, they were struck with such tragedy. So early that they had no ultrasound, no "bump", not even a blood test to confirm the pregnancy, just a questionable pee test and internet fame.

Honestly? The other alternative I see is that pregnancy + miscarriage was real but happened a while ago and they for whatever reason decided to capitalize on it now by sort of "reenacting" it. Why? I have no idea.

I don't even know, but something about this whole thing definitely stinks.

I've watched quite a few YouTubers announce their pregnancy but this one has to be the most abrupt. No blood test or ultrasound, just boom pregnant. And I'm very sceptical about the pee in the toilet being strong enough to make the test become positive.

I found the miscarriage video...odd. Nia seemed to talk more about herself than the miscarriage. And Sam mentioned the miscarriage once. It just seemed to be more about God and themselves than the loss.

I feel so sorry for their children- they seemed so excited at the prospect of a new sibling.

The bolded was my first thought about this situation too. Is there a newly pregnant FJer in the house who could be persuaded to test this? Video evidence of a pee-filled toilet is not required.

Not pregnant (knock on wood!) but recently had a scare involving lots of tests. They all said to use the first piss of the day, assumingly bc it's less diluted. Howeverrr... babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-first-trimester/1737269-hook-effect.html These ladies dipped their tests and got a clearer positive (the stick turned a more vivid color) while knowing that they were expecting.

My personal verdict is that these are scumbags, but I don't doubt the veracity of pee water testing.

i knew FJ would share my suspicions! also, how conceited do you have to be to call yourselves "good looking parents" in your attempt to go viral?

i knew FJ would share my suspicions! also, how conceited do you have to be to call yourselves "good looking parents" in your attempt to go viral?

"Oh, they're attractive! Now that I know they're real people, I'm going to give myself permission to get emotionally attached."

not just attractive. conventionally attractive!

seriously, the guy looks freakishly like a friend of mine, who is also a nurse.

2 words: chemical pregnancy

-or-

faked test.

IF this couple faked this, then karma's a bitch. They say they have been trying for a 3rd child.... if so, then faking a pregnancy and miscarriage for money may come back to bite them in their obnoxious butts.

If they didn't fake anything, then they should have the grace to simply announce that the pregnancy ended and not make more money off that part too.

I saw the initial video on a news site ( yeah, right- totally newsworthy), and thought the man acted manic, like it was all just a joke or a prank played by a teenager on another teenager.

2 words: chemical pregnancy

-or-

faked test.

IF this couple faked this, then karma's a bitch. They say they have been trying for a 3rd child.... if so, then faking a pregnancy and miscarriage for money may come back to bite them in their obnoxious butts.

If they didn't fake anything, then they should have the grace to simply announce that the pregnancy ended and not make more money off that part too.

I saw the initial video on a news site ( yeah, right- totally newsworthy), and thought the man acted manic, like it was all just a joke or a prank played by a teenager on another teenager.

I like to think she really was pregnant, and he filmed this ridiculousness every. single. morning. until it was positive. And thinking about it everytime they were dicking. "Today's the day!"

FAKE!!!!

In the first video, husband talks about "randomly dream(ing)" about announcing his wife's pregnancy to her, and says that she sent him a text message at 1:30am while he was at work. When was he having these "random dreams" about telling her she's pregnant when A. she told him six hours ago her period was 2 weeks late, B. HE WAS WORKING, and C. she told him SIX HOURS ago that she was late.

She addresses their "audience" twice. She says "you guys" and then "you guys watching". Her husband is (poorly) overacting. During the time in which he is "freaking out", the camera shot literally blurs out. That's not something that happens in candid videos.

When he tells her she can't have wine or bologna, she says something like "you don't know what you're talking about" and "we're not going to announce anything like this". There's no visible recognition that she understands what her husband is saying yet mentions that "this" isn't how they are going to announce to people.

He shows her the pee test and she immediately "guesses" that he tested the pee in the toilet. Sorry, but that would NEVER occur to me, even if I habitually didn't flush.

At this point, she asks her husband several times "are you serious" yet looks at the camera. Wouldn't this be so emotionally overwhelming that you probably wouldn't even notice the camera?

Then, it's "not fair" because she "had all these plans to tell Sam when I found out". Again, lots of perspective AT THE MOMENT you are finding out you're pregnant.

She says "if this is real" and not a prank, she's surprised because she hasn't had any morning sickness (which usually happens around week 6 but can happen in week 4, but she's 2 weeks late, remember?), but has had fatigue.

In the second video, she says "those of you who have experienced a miscarriage...I can relate now" as if trying to convince people.

She says "that's been the hardest thing for me was...holding my breath" for nine months until you safely deliver a baby. Note the past tense. One day is not enough time for her to reflect and consider the period of a single day of mourning as past tense.

She refers to her "womb emptying out" and "as soon as I miscarried I was able to take that deep breath...I stood up and I just felt empty". I don't know in what world a woman would physically feel the loss of a 2-3-week old fetus (and know it).

She says that she regrets "waiting and waiting" to take a pregnancy test because she could have "bonded with her longer".

Husband says that he "hopes that this video continues to be a way for God to shine His light to the world through us". Again, lots of perspective considering it just happened and their previous video was 3 days old.

Husband: "we've become even closer as a family through this tragedy". Which Happened last night. Such perspective!!

Husband: You'll all notice that we took a break from Vlogging, that "this will be it for today". But, "We'll see you tomorrow"!!

I can't even comment on the next 2 videos. Except that in the video 2 days later, he talks about how much their "little girl" has "changed" their life.

No, just no.

ETA: I am not implying in any way that an early miscarriage is easy or not awful. I feel like their immense perspective on something that is such a brand-new tragedy in their lives is unbelievable.

I didn't watch the first video. I'm not going to watch the second. I think it's grotesque to pimp your children (whether they be born, unborn, or newly deceased) for fame and fortune at any stage of their lives.

I watched the video where tells his wife that he quit his job (I caved) and he "announced" the fact in the middle of a Lego store. He says it in the same causal, yet controlling, way he "announced" she was pregnant. He made a big production about it, although apparently he had given his 2-week notice days prior and he had discussed it with his wife in the past, he waited until after the first video, then the miscarriage, to "announce" it to her. (In the US, it's common and polite to let your employer know that you will be leaving a job, at least two weeks ahead of time).

Oh and I just smacked myself in the head after figuring whose mannerisms are similar - Jim Bob!! The way he has to gather or call people over to him and pontificate and "make announcements". Ugh.

FAKE!!!!

Snip -

In the second video, she says "those of you who have experienced a miscarriage...I can relate now" as if trying to convince people.

She says "that's been the hardest thing for me was...holding my breath" for nine months until you safely deliver a baby. Note the past tense. One day is not enough time for her to reflect and consider the period of a single day of mourning as past tense.

She refers to her "womb emptying out" and "as soon as I miscarried I was able to take that deep breath...I stood up and I just felt empty". I don't know in what world a woman would physically feel the loss of a 2-3-week old fetus (and know it).

She says that she regrets "waiting and waiting" to take a pregnancy test because she could have "bonded with her longer".

Husband says that he "hopes that this video continues to be a way for God to shine His light to the world through us". Again, lots of perspective considering it just happened and their previous video was 3 days old.

Husband: "we've become even closer as a family through this tragedy". Which Happened last night. Such perspective!!

Husband: You'll all notice that we took a break from Vlogging, that "this will be it for today". But, "We'll see you tomorrow"!!

I can't even comment on the next 2 videos. Except that in the video 2 days later, he talks about how much their "little girl" has "changed" their life.

No, just no.

ETA: I am not implying in any way that an early miscarriage is easy or not awful. I feel like their immense perspective on something that is such a brand-new tragedy in their lives is unbelievable.

To the bolded - as someone who experienced a miscarriage at 11 weeks, I am truly pissed off.

When I experienced mine, I woke up with crippling cramps (contractions) and was doubled right over - it HURT. I certainly didn't stand up and take a "deep cleansing breath" after I felt my child pass from my body - I hobbled into the bedroom and woke my ex, bleeding, sobbing, doubled over in agony and absolutely devastated emotionally. My next stop was the hospital, and I had to have a D & C the next day.

These people disgust me. They enrage me. They sicken me. They have absolutely NO right to disappropriate my experience and the experience of so many other women to make a buck. I'm literally sick to my stomach right now..

To the bolded - as someone who experienced a miscarriage at 11 weeks, I am truly pissed off.

When I experienced mine, I woke up with crippling cramps (contractions) and was doubled right over - it HURT. I certainly didn't stand up and take a "deep cleansing breath" after I felt my child pass from my body - I hobbled into the bedroom and woke my ex, bleeding, sobbing, doubled over in agony and absolutely devastated emotionally. My next stop was the hospital, and I had to have a D & C the next day.

These people disgust me. They enrage me. They sicken me. They have absolutely NO right to disappropriate my experience and the experience of so many other women to make a buck. I'm literally sick to my stomach right now..

I'm really sorry for everyone who was touched by this batshittery. Lots of love to you guys. ):

http://calmingmanatee.com/ Link unbroken bc Calming Manatee.

And my friends and family cursed me out for calling bs on this story. I knew it was a hoax. All that freaking Jesus prolife stuff.

I had a miscarriage recently. I didn't even tell my husband. I fucked up our birth control (NuvaRing) because I misunderstood the directions. My cycle is a bit irregular (it always has been) so I don't know exactly. But I was late even for me and the tests were positive. It was a relief to not have to tell him and then make a decision.

Even if I were SUPER into the idea of motherhood, and even if I were the kind of person who appreciates being filmed ever, I wouldn't have been artfully crying for the camera with perfect makeup. Everyone's experience varies, I'm sure. I had clots, my cramps were really bad, I threw up everything I ate, and even though I didn't even want to be a mother I cried constantly. And nobody told me it'd make subsequent periods worse. Nobody really talks about it at all.

Being open about it might be good if it weren't probably an attention whoring tactic.

Not pregnant (knock on wood!) but recently had a scare involving lots of tests. They all said to use the first piss of the day, assumingly bc it's less diluted. Howeverrr... babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-first-trimester/1737269-hook-effect.html These ladies dipped their tests and got a clearer positive (the stick turned a more vivid color) while knowing that they were expecting.

My personal verdict is that these are scumbags, but I don't doubt the veracity of pee water testing.

The hook effect happens later than just barely pregnant, and is when the pregnancy hormone is so diluted that it trips the test. When just barely pregnant, you have to wait until there's enough HCG to even get a positive. She was so newly pregnancy that I don't buy it for a second that that there was a positive out of the toilet. If she was far enough enough for the hook effect, then a woman hoping to get pregnant would have taken a test already.

If it's legit, it's horrible yes, but there's something so insincere about it to me, and the Nia chick just looked like she was working those crocodile tears. I think it's awfully... Not convenient, but let's use that for lack of a better word, in that less than a week after their "viral" announcement, they were struck with such tragedy.

Day after. Single day after. In the miscarriage video, they reference the pregnancy video being the day before.

Day after. Single day after. In the miscarriage video, they reference the pregnancy video being the day before.

Her body aborted an embryo and now their kids get to have it explained to them how baby brother/sister is in heaven waiting for them. Great.

If she was two weeks late, then dilute pee could absolutely trigger tests that are now so sensitive as to detect first day of missed period HCG levels. Two weeks late meant she was six weeks pregnant. Both of my miscarriages at six weeks involved 2-3 hours of what felt like labor and then passing a large glob of tissue, about the size of a walnut. My 15 week miscarriage was much worse but even those six week losses were rougher than just a period. It's not that way for everyone but it's possible.

I'm a firm believer that everyone has a right to grieve how they need to. But I really think the so-called pro-life movement combined with the ability to test SO early has done a disservice to couples who buy that party line. Miscarriages are not all that uncommon. While I think it's great that there are women who have never had to experience loss and a positive test meant a baby, the harsh reality is that it's not a guarantee. And frankly, often no baby actually ever develops when you miscarry in the first trimester.

I really don't necessarily think they are faking. I just think they are part of that cultural group that thinks a positive test is identical to a living breathing baby in arms, and it's not. A positive test isn't even the same as a baby developed enough to make their presence known and make most people start to believe it will really happen.

A typical pregnancy test can pick up as soon as the day a period is due, and HCG doubles every 2-3 days. The amount that pee is diluted in a full toilet really makes it doubtful. There are a lot of pregnant women at similar points in gestation posting online about trying it, and it's mostly negatives.

But there are a lot of red flags that this is a hoax. Who doesn't flush even in the morning? Why would the husband decide to dest his wife? (That gets into the squicky issue of a test without her consent.) Why would a woman wanting to get pregnant not take the test herself?

The pregnancy and miscarriage videos were posted 3 days apart, but in the miscarriage video, they mention the pregnancy video being "yesterday." Did the post a real pregnancy video, then wait a couple more days after the miscarriage to post that video, when they were actively trying to get a following? They've gotten over 100,000 new followers out of this.

The timing is very strange. The circumstances leading to a supposedly positive test are unusual. The convenient bowl of pee. The convenient excuse of her not testing. A bunch of stuff that's too convenient. Them actively aiming for fame. I just can't believe any of it.

Interesting Buzzfeed article...covers both sides of the fake/real debate. It seems pretty clear they were going for YouTube fame. From the article

With their most recent success, the Raders have received tons of support and media attention, which they’ve seemed to enjoy – the day after announcing the miscarriage, they posted a video where they tried (and failed) to use their fame to get into Legoland for free.

When it didn’t work, Sam vented about the employee who denied them: “He didn’t even recognize the video so now we got a bunch of disappointed kids.â€

Famewhores.

I had a miscarriage recently. I didn't even tell my husband. I fucked up our birth control (NuvaRing) because I misunderstood the directions. My cycle is a bit irregular (it always has been) so I don't know exactly. But I was late even for me and the tests were positive. It was a relief to not have to tell him and then make a decision.

Even if I were SUPER into the idea of motherhood, and even if I were the kind of person who appreciates being filmed ever, I wouldn't have been artfully crying for the camera with perfect makeup. Everyone's experience varies, I'm sure. I had clots, my cramps were really bad, I threw up everything I ate, and even though I didn't even want to be a mother I cried constantly. And nobody told me it'd make subsequent periods worse. Nobody really talks about it at all.

Being open about it might be good if it weren't probably an attention whoring tactic.

I'm sorry you went through this.

With their most recent success, the Raders have received tons of support and media attention, which they’ve seemed to enjoy – the day after announcing the miscarriage, they posted a video where they tried (and failed) to use their fame to get into Legoland for free.

When it didn’t work, Sam vented about the employee who denied them: “He didn’t even recognize the video so now we got a bunch of disappointed kids.â€

What the hell? That's just bizarre. Do they really think a single video is enough to have a free ride everywhere in life? Legoland? Wow. Try Disney. I bet if you crank up the video on your cell phone at the entrance, you could move into Cinderella's castle!

I think it's dumb that actual famous people expect to be treated like special snowflakes. It's even worse for internet famewhores.

I'm sorry you went through this.

Thanks Grim. I'm okay. I'm hacked off at these people because I know people who've lost very wanted pregnancies and it was an incredibly painful experience for them. Still is, I think, it's not exactly a good dinner topic. This assholes co-opting that sort of pain trying to get fame and free goodies makes my blood boil. Like a woman I used to work with who blamed absolutely every shitty thing she did on having been raped- I have no idea if she really was or not but that's not an okay reason for stealing from your friends, and it just makes the silence and stigma worse. It's fucked up.

I do have to say the more details that come out the surer I am that this is 100% fake. LegoLand, really?

Here's the link to the Buzzfeed article:

buzzfeed.com/stephaniemcneal/people-are-doubting-vloggers-sam-nias-viral-pregnancy-announ#.nur9vZBM9

Other things--they lost a sponsor after they posted a video called "Kids React to Gay Marriage." In the video, their daughter said that gay couples should get married "if they want to," and the parents coerce her into saying gay marriage is wrong. After the sponsor left, they deleted the video and posted a half-assed apology.

The Legoland video includes a scene of Sam telling Nia that he quit his nursing job to pursue vlogging full time.