IGNORED

Josiah Duggar Courting - Part 2

Coconut Flan

I'm 41 1/2 :D and I still suffer from adult acne as DH who is 43. I'd love for DS not to suffer :pray: .

Acutane (spelling ?) might not be an option if powers that be are pushing for a marriage and babies quickly. You can NOT take it while trying to get pregnant.

You can't take it while pregnant. I know it's a controversial drug, but It worked great for me.

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't doctors actually tell women they HAVE to take birth control while using Accutane?

But for men...does it matter?

based on the heavy location on his forehead I have to wonder if the acne is being exacerbated by wearing something like a ball cap while he's working "Duggar construction" or whatever that farce was that translates to JB's collection of errand boys.

I dated a guy when I was 18 that was just a couple years older then me and he had the same hairline as Josiah. Blonde like that too. He never went fully bald just slowly receded. Josiah's a handsome guy. I hope he's allowed to go to the dermatologist and get some accutane before he gets scarring.

Accutane is one reason why my son and daughters are cats.

I think I'm sleep deprived. My brain interpreted that as "accutane turned my children into cats."

Uh...say what now?

I think I'm sleep deprived. My brain interpreted that as "accutane turned my children into cats."

I am having terrible insomnia and this thread is making he crack up in the middle of the night. The picture of the cat killed me. I need sleep. Anyway, why they haven't gotten that poor guy on Accutane or some other type of medication to help is beyond me. I think Josiah is actually quite handsome, but I feel like they never really showed him on the show and have no idea what he's like. Holding out hope that he'll be like the next Chad Paine for Marjorie.

Ahhhhhh, remember the good old days when we were saying the exact same thing about Derrick and Jill? He was going to gently lead her into fundie-lite and we were all getting a contact high from the image of them sauntering into the sunset.

Honeymoon baby and grifting for an extended holiday to preach the gospel, anyone??

:wink-kitty:

I will be the Debbie downer. I hope they don't get married because we know that there isn't going to be a long courtship and engagement. They will be married in less than a year and have a baby on the way four months after saying "I Do". They will be a couple of uneducated teenagers, living in a Jim Bob house. Josiah will work a fake job for Jim Bob, who will still be trying to find a way to sell his children for cash. Josiah and Majorie aren’t going to run away to New York and work in the theater together or something as exciting. They are going to toe the line just like Jessa/Ben and Jill/Derrick. They know of no other options for their future. Josiah and Majorie would be cute if they were just regular dating teenagers. I can’t get excited when I know they will be married soon and following the path set out for them by someone else.

I will be the Debbie downer. I hope they don't get married because we know that there isn't going to be a long courtship and engagement. They will be married in less than a year and have a baby on the way four months after saying "I Do". They will be a couple of uneducated teenagers, living in a Jim Bob house. Josiah will work a fake job for Jim Bob, who will still be trying to find a way to sell his children for cash. Josiah and Majorie aren’t going to run away to New York and work in the theater together or something as exciting. They are going to toe the line just like Jessa/Ben and Jill/Derrick. They know of no other options for their future. Josiah and Majorie would be cute if they were just regular dating teenagers. I can’t get excited when I know they will be married soon and following the path set out for them by someone else.

I think they'll make a tiny break and go to a "real" church. Marjorie will star in the church dramas and both will play in the orchestra. Siah will be the bow tie guy of the church and Marjorie is in grave danger of becoming the church "hat lady"--the only woman who wear a hat to church who is under 105 years old. She will lead the summer VBS "Drama and Arts" Camp that so many churches do now. They will teach in the churches "Arts Academy" [another popular program] after school hours to help reach unchurched kids who love music and drama. Marjorie will maybe do local news commercials or used car ads or similar [i've known a few such "actors"] and will do Spanish drama for the church's outreach to the local Mexican community.

Yeah. Thrilling.

Accutane contributed to my infertility. Which is why I have fur babies.

I'm sorry to hear about your infertility. I did two rounds of Accutane and have been pregnant four times. I didn't realize it caused infertility!

Accutane contributed to my infertility. Which is why I have fur babies.

I had no idea it caused infertility. I took a round of it when I was 16 or 17.

Accutane Is the reason I have eczema and perpetually chapped lips. I took two rounds at 15? Its posisen and I’m surprised its still prescribed. I still get pimples too :evil:

Seems like Accutane has caused a myriad of problems for quite a few people here. I am surprised it's still prescribed. I thought I heard it on one of those "Call now if you's have a pelvic mesh" TV commercials.

I've had various health issues (only minor) over the years but who could say if it's from Accutane or any number of other factors. I hadn't realized Accutane had been linked to anything other than depression and birth defects (both happening while on it and not years after.)

Me neither. I'm sorry, that's awful. Like other posters I've heard of other health risks. I know they tell people not to exercise while on accutane - which my brother's roommate learned the hard way when a workout caused muscle breakdown that hospitalized him for a few days.

I did one round of Accutane when I was 15 in 1987. One round cleared up my horrible acne. Even then they knew of the huge risks involved. My parents and I had to sign all sorts of legal papers at the dermatologist's office acknowledging that we understood the risks. I had weekly blood draws, daily bloody noses at school, extreme thirst, etc. Accutane is a last, last, last resort--as was the case for me. I've been lucky that I had no problems because of it. But if I had, I wouldn't have been surprised. The doctor was very clear about possible future issues especially as it related to fertility and birth defects.

Edited: because I like adding random letters where they aren't needed

Accutane freaks me out. When I was pregnant, I wasn't even allowed to touch the pills that a few patients were on.

I did one round of Accutane when I was 15 in 1987. One round cleared up my horrible acne. Even then they knew of the huge risks involved. My parents and I had to sign all sorts of legal papers at the dermatologist's office acknowledging that we understood the risks. I had weekly blood draws, daily bloody noses at school, extreme thirst, etc. Accutane is a last, last, last resort--as was the case for me. I've been lucky that I had no problems because of it. But if I had, I wouldn't have been surprised. The doctor was very clear about possible future issues especially as it related to fertility and birth defects.

Edited: because I like adding random letters where they aren't needed

Crazy. I don't recall being told anything about fertility or any of that. Just the birth defects thing. This was in the late 90's. I have 1 child so I'm hoping that means I wasn't effected by it.

My skin wasn't even all that horrible really. But it wasn't great. I also did light treatments or whatever during my Accutane course. The only bad side effect I remember at the time is that I got a weird rash or dry skin on the palms of my hands. It was bizarre and gross.

Part of the reason why accutane is still prescribed is because patients BEG for it. I saw a lot of people get snotty because the doctor wouldn't prescribe it to them. And honestly... doxycycline and erythromycin work well without the same risks. There was one girl who was on accutane and her skin started sloughing off of her face. She rubbed her nose and a patch of skin rubbed off.... disturbing! Anyway. Nasty stuff. I understand that for some people it's necessary, but it should not be a first-line.

Really, my point and every else's is, I hope Josiah gets some neutrogena before he has scarring.

Edited (I'm sorry I'll try to actually look it over before submitting next time)

I had two, very aggressive rounds at ages 17 and 18 back in '84 - '85. I'm the only person I know that went thru two regimes, tho I'm sure there are others.

Accutane Is the reason I have eczema and perpetually chapped lips. I took two rounds at 15? Its posisen and I’m surprised its still prescribed. I still get pimples too :evil:

My husband did a round in his 20's. Everything talked about birth defects and suicidal tendencies/depression. A baby was far off our mind at the time. He might have done one in his teens but I don't think so. Regardless he still has acne. Not as bad though.

IMO Accutane should be a last resort and only for those with severe acne. Ideally after other treatments don't work.

Oh my, I never knew all the side effects of Accutane. Wow, very intense for an acne medication. Wonder if any of the Duggar girls had acne as severe as Josiah if Jim Bob would have put them on a different type of medication? Or maybe he did and we will never know. Of course no Duggar would ever go on a medication that could harm fertility.

Archived