IGNORED

Josiah Duggar Courting - Part 2

Coconut Flan

Thanks halcionne.

It doesn't look that close to me, but it's definitely an extended side hug.

I really hope it was her choice to wear the shirt under that dress. That looks a tad uncomfortable.

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What - that's it? The courting couples have always posed for pictures like that, haven't they? They're barely touching, I think his shoulder might be coming into contact with her hair... :?

Forgive me but I don't know how to post pics here...if you go to pickles page on FB she has more...much closer shots.

Josiah has some major skin issues going on now. I hope he gets seen by a dermatologist.

Marjorie looks cute-- and soo tiny--- but also agree she is being sucked into the Duggar look with the long skirts. Pity.

Josiah has some major skin issues going on now. I hope he gets seen by a dermatologist.

I thought he had the acne for quite some time now. Marjorie just seems like she was produced from the same cookie cutter as all the rest.

They look sooooo young. I hope they won't end up getting married for a few years. Let the acne and teen years pass before weddings.. please.

If they do end up getting married, I can imagine Marjorie being the one who works for some reason. She seems like a real go-getter live wire.

On an unrelated note.. anyone else notice that Duggars seem to like photos with drinks and straws? Boob and M'Chelle sucking on their drinks, Jessa and Ben, Jill and Derick, Josh and Anna. What's up with that? Do they think it makes them look hot?

That dress is hideous so I almost hope someone is forcing her to wear it and that she didn't choose it.

The comment about her being afraid to wear shorts near them makes me so sad. They probably are completely clothing nazis in real life.

Where was that comment? And it's just sickening she's considering spending the rest of her life around people who make her uncomfortable about her clothing choices. I would feel uncomfortable around people who I knew were judging me, even if I conformed to their standards when I was around the them.

That dress is hideous so I almost hope someone is forcing her to wear it and that she didn't choose it.

The comment about her being afraid to wear shorts near them makes me so sad. They probably are completely clothing nazis in real life.

Where was that comment? And it's just sickening she's considering spending the rest of her life around people who make her uncomfortable about her clothing choices. I would feel uncomfortable around people who I knew were judging me, even if I conformed to their standards when I was around the them.

Though I can see them being total clothing Nazis, I can also see a young girl wanting to please her bf and dressing in a way that he likes. He could, in turn, say hey you know what, I don't mind what you wear. I trust your taste and judgment.

Though I can see them being total clothing Nazis, I can also see a young girl wanting to please her bf and dressing in a way that he likes. He could, in turn, say hey you know what, I don't mind what you wear. I trust your taste and judgment.

I can see both scenarios, that they're total clothing Nazis, but that she could have chosen that skirt herself because she's trying to please her boyfriend and dressing in ways that he likes. I agree that his acne makes him look slightly younger than 18, and that if it doesn't eventually go away, he gets to see a dermatologist.

This post courtesy of xanax and autocorrect, appropriate apologies beforehand.

Now that that is out of the way, who cares what she's wearing!? She's already been raised in the gothard ati iblp fundie-set lifestyle.

Me thinks big powpow Jim diddle Duggar likes finding nice little fun die wives for his sons to control, but prefers a slightly different flavor of batshit crazy for his daughters. Perhaps he is able to somehow maintain their headship?

Carry on my friends.

Adult acne is a thing and it sucks :evil:

Signed, a nearly 32 year old woman who still suffers from acne, though not quite as bad as Josiah's, for which she is grateful.

I persoanlly dont know many that live together at 18 yo

my boyfriend and I have lived together since we were 18, we are now 21 almost 22! not married or having children, not planning on either until we have careers (were both seniors in college)....

We know lots of friends and acquaintances that lived together at 18. Some are still together and some have went their separate ways. It is truly an eye opening experience living together with someone, managing bills etc. and I recommend everyone should live together before you get married.

centerhttps://media4.giphy.com/media/ToMjGpKRpvezPEjVyAo/200_s.gif

Signed, a nearly 32 year old woman who still suffers from acne, though not quite as bad as Josiah's, for which she is grateful.

Yeah, he may be getting treatment and it would be much worse without. Obviously, the people bitching about having to look at his (or any other person's) acne, shiny face, or whatever :evil-eye: hasn't had to deal with bad acne themselves. I have had acne since 11, and still do over 35. My sib also has it over 30. We both got treatment and still had it, just not as bad. So, maybe this is with treatment and there isn't anything else he can do. Also, all that oil has kept us looking younger (I get carded for lottery tickets)- so being made fun of for something that couldn't be helped has 1 benefit. :wink-kitty:

Ursula, my skin changed at 32 and now I can use over-the-counter treatments, so hopefully that will happen for you!

I don't really know why, but I find Marjorie really interesting. Perhaps it is because she looks so mature, perhaps because for some reason she strikes me as either straight forward or perhaps a bit of a free range Fundie, but somewhere deep inside nestles a little spark of hope for them if they dont get married too, too soon. Josiah doesn't really fit in to the Duggar juggernaught and that is a good thing.

I do know that adults can have it too, a friend of mine still got quite acne ey face, but josiahs's is still quite bad.

)I was spared with (simple) spots until I was 17. :lol: I literally only got spots after puberty, but as said they are just zits mostly not those big explosive pastules.

I always look for his arm too when they're posing together because for me, if i don't like someone, I'm not going to touch them in a photo in an endearing way, like "come here pal! Say cheeeeese!" Usually in Marjorie and Josiah s photos, it looks like they are just standing really close together and Josiah hides his arm behind him. But in that picture above, i think i might see his hand on her right shoulder, like there's a finger peeking behind her hair, but that could be an illusion. Either way, that's a friendly pose. I think the Duggar courtships are destined for failure, I'm just guessing based on photos and interactions on the show. And with the added fact that they have such tight reigns on their kids that they can't even have a private conversation, it's the perfect recipe for lies and desception. They are not giving their kids a fighting chance at having a happy successful marriage with all their insane rules. And I find it utter bullshit that j.boob and Michelle had all sorts of freedom while dating (maybe even sex before marriage) and they expect their kids to virtually have no control whatsoever in their relationships, why? J.boob and Michelle love to brag about their wonderful marriage, obviously dating like a regular couple did no harm?

I dated a guy when I was 18 that was just a couple years older then me and he had the same hairline as Josiah. Blonde like that too. He never went fully bald just slowly receded. Josiah's a handsome guy. I hope he's allowed to go to the dermatologist and get some accutane before he gets scarring.

I don't really know why, but I find Marjorie really interesting. Perhaps it is because she looks so mature, perhaps because for some reason she strikes me as either straight forward or perhaps a bit of a free range Fundie, but somewhere deep inside nestles a little spark of hope for them if they dont get married too, too soon. Josiah doesn't really fit in to the Duggar juggernaught and that is a good thing.

I feel the same way, but I felt pretty good feeling about Derick too at the start. But I think Marjorie comes off really personable which makes me like her a lot. I also have a feeling once they are married they will be a bit like John and Alyssa Webster. They will still be fundie, but branch out and do fun things like going to Disney.

I'm 41 1/2 :D and I still suffer from adult acne as DH who is 43. I'd love for DS not to suffer :pray: .

Acutane (spelling ?) might not be an option if powers that be are pushing for a marriage and babies quickly. You can NOT take it while trying to get pregnant.

my boyfriend and I have lived together since we were 18, we are now 21 almost 22! not married or having children, not planning on either until we have careers (were both seniors in college)....

We know lots of friends and acquaintances that lived together at 18. Some are still together and some have went their separate ways. It is truly an eye opening experience living together with someone, managing bills etc. and I recommend everyone should live together before you get married.

centerhttps://media4.giphy.com/media/ToMjGpKRpvezPEjVyAo/200_s.gif

DH and I started living together when I was 18 and he was 19. We got married several years later and had DS several years later. We've now been together almost 24 years. It definitely wasn't all rainbows and sunshine but we've survived. Granted we didn't have a child until we'd been together a long time. We definitely weren't child ready until our 30's :shifty-kitty: . Still kind of iffy.

Yeah, I had terrible acne as a kid for awhile (not cystic), and it went mostly away by the time I was 19. They don't tell you that sometimes it will come erupting back onto your face with a vengeance when you are in your 30s. :evil: For the last year or so, I've actually started fighting it again. Hormones are so much fun. :x

Archived