IGNORED

Josiah Duggar Courting - Part 2

Coconut Flan

Where are they? It looks like an old phone booth maybe?

Interesting that they are seemingly out and about in public again. I wonder if thats an old picture.

post-315-14452000456723_thumb.jpg

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And she is wearing a very long skirt...

I hope she just felt like wearing that and they aren't pushing her to give up her jeans. :?

I noticed that the pants were gone, too. However, those trendy striped knit maxi skirts are everywhere. Many of the young Duggar/Dillard//Maxwell/Pennington etc women wear them, but I see them all over the non-fundie world as well. A fad - hopefully Marjorie still has her skinny jeans.

I noticed that the pants were gone, too. However, those trendy striped knit maxi skirts are everywhere. Many of the young Duggar/Dillard//Maxwell/Pennington etc women wear them, but I see them all over the non-fundie world as well. A fad - hopefully Marjorie still has her skinny jeans.

I am aware of that fad. I do not live under a rock. That is why I said that I hope that skirt is what she chose to wear and not that she is being pushed in that direction by Josiah and his family.

Where are they? It looks like an old phone booth maybe?

Interesting that they are seemingly out and about in public again. I wonder if thats an old picture.

I thought it looked like a confession booth, but that wouldn't fly with the Duggars due to the Catholic overtones and their selective memories/choices when it comes to confession.

I thought it looked like a confession booth, but that wouldn't fly with the Duggars due to the Catholic overtones and their selective memories/choices when it comes to confession.

I'm pretty sure those are old phone booths. Besides, there is glass on both doors that appears to be too transparent for confidentiality.

[Mentally holds up Josh and Kristina's 6-inch courting ruler] Yep! Sufficiently separated! :lol:

I hope she just felt like wearing that and they aren't pushing her to give up her jeans. :?

I saw that coming a mile away. I imagine she became convicted to wear skirts after fellowshipping with the Duggar ladies.

It's 95+ degrees in Arkansas right now. Let's just call a skirt a skirt, shall we?

I was thinking the same thing. I would much rather wear a skirt than skinny jeans in that kind of weather. She might feel a little uncomfortable wearing shorts in front of the Duggars.

I was thinking she was showing solidarity with the duggars by wearing a long skirt lol. Josiah looks a bit nervous in the eyes to me.

SLightly OT: With all the talk of nurses, Marjorie has a doctor/nurse look to her. Like I could imagine her as one. Not sure why but it might be the maturity in her face.

I was thinking she was showing solidarity with the duggars by wearing a long skirt lol. Josiah looks a bit nervous in the eyes to me.

SLightly OT: With all the talk of nurses, Marjorie has a doctor/nurse look to her. Like I could imagine her as one. Not sure why but it might be the maturity in her face.

I'd go with the "trying to fit in" thing. It's like traveling to certain areas of the world wear the weather's warm but the women dress conservatively- midi to maxi skirts are probably the easiest way to blend in and stay cool at the same time.

Like everyone else here, really hope she's wearing skirts cause it's comfortable and what she likes.

One of the comments on the photo is:

CUTE... I LOVE HOW THEY MAKE DATING SUCH A MYSTERY..... I love it -- it's exciting!!!!!

Why, yes. It sure is a mystery. All your conversation topics are set by your parents and you get no time alone. You literally have no idea who you could be marrying! How exciting!

:cray-cray:

Also, wonder why they're re-confirming the relationship right now? Rebuilding the brand? Seems the radio silence for everyone is over now...

I'd go with the "trying to fit in" thing. It's like traveling to certain areas of the world wear the weather's warm but the women dress conservatively- midi to maxi skirts are probably the easiest way to blend in and stay cool at the same time.

If I were her mother, I would be saying, look if you wear skirts now to fit in, you are basically saying you will always wear them bc it will be a bigger deal to go back vs oh that's something we knew about... she always did etc etc.

And why does everyone have to fit in with the Duggars anyway?? It's a 2-way street.

If I were her mother, I would be saying, look if you wear skirts now to fit in, you are basically saying you will always wear them bc it will be a bigger deal to go back vs oh that's something we knew about... she always did etc etc.

And why does everyone have to fit in with the Duggars anyway?? It's a 2-way street.

The Duggars are a black hole at one end and a white hole at the other. They suck in unsusceptible, gullible people and spit out clones

If I were her mother, I'd yank her the hell away from these people. Josiah might be nice enough, but I would not want her mixed up with that group, and especially at such a young age.

• 2 weeks later...

Photos showing up online have Josiah with his arm around Marjorie and she is squarely right up against him. Would this be allowed if they were not engaged?

I want to say Jessa/Ben and Jill/Derick had pictures where they stood close like that before they were engaged.

So my weird obsession when I see pics of them, I check to see where Si's arm is. I've yet to see it on her. Does he just have hiding behind his back? Does he have his arm thrown back behind him for her to lean in? Yeah I know. Weird. I need to stop.

I just looked...and yeah, it's weird. Where the heck is his arm? The only thing I can think is maybe he has his hand on her back or something rather than around her.

Maybe they have set up courtship rules that allow more physical contact?

Aren't JB and M always talking about the couple setting up the rules during courtship?

That dress is hideous so I almost hope someone is forcing her to wear it and that she didn't choose it.

The comment about her being afraid to wear shorts near them makes me so sad. They probably are completely clothing nazis in real life.

Maybe they have set up courtship rules that allow more physical contact?

Aren't JB and M always talking about the couple setting up the rules during courtship?

Yeah, but I didn't think anyone actually believed that it was up to the couples :-P

I can't really tell from the picture if it's actually close touching, or just the photo's perspective?

Archived