IGNORED

Josiah Duggar Courting - Part 2

Coconut Flan

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm confused...how did we get from Josiah to infertility and medications?

That is what makes freejinger beautiful

That is what makes freejinger beautiful

And this isn't a particularly long or confusing drift. Josiah has acne, Accutane can treat acne, Accutane can cause birth defects and other negative side effects.

Oh my, I never knew all the side effects of Accutane. Wow, very intense for an acne medication. Wonder if any of the Duggar girls had acne as severe as Josiah if Jim Bob would have put them on a different type of medication? Or maybe he did and we will never know. Of course no Duggar would ever go on a medication that could harm fertility.

But wouldn't they believe that God blesses them with children, and since they would be taking it to prevent acne and not pregnancy since they are all virgins, it would be o.k J-Boobs rules get a bit confusing. :shrug:

Part of the reason why accutane is still prescribed is because patients BEG for it. I saw a lot of people get snotty because the doctor wouldn't prescribe it to them. And honestly... doxycycline and erythromycin work well without the same risks. There was one girl who was on accutane and her skin started sloughing off of her face. She rubbed her nose and a patch of skin rubbed off.... disturbing! Anyway. Nasty stuff. I understand that for some people it's necessary, but it should not be a first-line.

Really, my point and every else's is, I hope Josiah gets some neutrogena before he has scarring.

Edited (I'm sorry I'll try to actually look it over before submitting next time)

There are TONS of other retinoids (both OTC and prescription) that are way gentler than Accutane, like Retin-A (tretinoin), and Differin (adapalene). Epiduo works well too. And they're all topical! :dance:

I think some doctors shy away from antibiotics for acne because of antibiotic resistance.

Okay, I'm done with my pharmacy rant *runs back to lurking prayer closet*

Hmmm, there are a few random tweets tonight saying that Marjorie and Josiah have broken up. Unverified and don't know the reliaiblity of the tweeter @ClaireLee914. Unconfirmed so definately take it with a huge dose of skepticism. :think:

IMO, IF those tweets are true, it's probably for the best. Marjorie and Josiah do not need to be courting or getting married so young, and Marjorie does not need to get any further enmeshed with the Duggars.

I doubt Boob would want the family brand tarnished even more with a failed courtship, but you never know. If Josiah and Marjorie have broken up, I hope he won't be the scapegoat and sent back to indoctrination camp.

I doubt Boob would want the family brand tarnished even more with a failed courtship, but you never know. If Josiah and Marjorie have broken up, I hope he won't be the scapegoat and sent back to indoctrination camp.

I agree that Boob surely doesn't want anymore trouble in Duggarland. But if the girl breaks if off, what can he do?

I wouldn't be surprised if they broke up, they are teenagers for heavens sake. Pressuring people into stupid "courtships" in order to avoid casual dating can only do so much.

Maybe her family got a glimpse behind the scenes and realized the dangers of the Duggar cult? Because I doubt that the family is handling the scandal fallout well, and that is probably pretty off-putting, even for fellow fundies.

For cystic acne, my weapon is Mario Badescu Buffering Lotion. It cures those cysts like nobody's business.

I think Josiah and Marjorie will get married in the next year or so. Why? She's drunk the Koolaid, wearing the skirts, sucking the straws, playing the music, and she's mugging for the cameras with big shiny eyes.

She's a fundie Looney in line with Ben and Derick, and has already written a Bible study book.

Josiah can go off and be creative and have a career, with his wife fitting in the mold of a Duggar wife to a T. She looks like she's got a firey side too, and I bet she and Josiah have a lot of fun when they're "allowed to." Plus she'll be a useful addition to the Duggar Tourisministry, being able to speak Spanish with the natives, unlike most of the Duggar clan.

The more I see of her, the more I like her. Hopefully once she begins having eleventy kids, they allow her to continue to write and express herself, because she definitely has a brain and needs that outlet.

I think Josiah and Marjorie will get married in the next year or so. Why? She's drunk the Koolaid, wearing the skirts, sucking the straws, playing the music, and she's mugging for the cameras with big shiny eyes.

Well if the rumor is true, she's spat out the poisoned kool-aid. The only cameras that will be around for her to mug for will be owned by the Duggars, at least in the near future.

Josiah can only back out if he discovers sinful hand-holding or something in her past. He gave his word. She, however, can jump ship if her father approves. Swim hard Marjorie! You can still be free. And you won't be stuck like Prissy is.

I think the thrill of marrying a Duggar goes down on e the show is over, they freebies are gone and the taint of child molestation continues to shine brightly. There is no longer a bonus to marrying a Duggar. I have no doubt that Derrick and Ben saw the pluses to marrying a Duggar which unfortunately no longer exist. I don't doubt they love their wives, I just doubt the relationships would have even occurred if not for the show. Fame and money can make someone else much appealing. Marjorie may like Josiah but thrill of becoming a Duggar may have made him more marriage worthy.

It's hard to say since we don't know much about Marjorie, but a lot of the Duggar "appeal" (for fundies) is gone. No show, molestation rumors. Josiah is my favorite, so if it's true I hope he's not heart broken over this, but I wouldn't blame her for one second for leaving. Plus it looks like they were already forcing her into the Duggar style norm. (those awful dresses with t-shirts underneath)

I will believe this once Josiah takes the post of him & Marge off the top of his Instagram

On one hand, I could believe that maybe Marjorie wasn't falling into line like a Duggar and maybe JB wanted it ended. Or, that (highly unlikely) her parents found out about the scandal and wanted better for their daughter.

But on the other hand .. if they're close to the Duggars they're probably cut from the same cloth. They'lll be marched down the aisle as soon as a good deal is struck.

Yeah I think they are still together. And latest pics of Marjorie have her in those hideous striped maxi dresses the Duggar girls love. If they were not getting along, she wouldn't be putting on the uniform.

On one hand, I could believe that maybe Marjorie wasn't falling into line like a Duggar and maybe JB wanted it ended. Or, that (highly unlikely) her parents found out about the scandal and wanted better for their daughter.

But on the other hand .. if they're close to the Duggars they're probably cut from the same cloth. They'lll be marched down the aisle as soon as a good deal is struck.

I think it's probably best if couples their age aren't looking towards marriage, but if there has been a break up, I hope it is for any reason other than the one bolded above.

What Josh, Jim Bob, and Michelle did was horrible. But none of the other 18 kids (which, let's remember, includes victims) deserve to be judged for Josh's actions (and JB and Michelle's inaction) or have their character questioned and/or their chances at relational happiness negatively impacted.

Yeah I think they are still together. And latest pics of Marjorie have her in those hideous striped maxi dresses the Duggar girls love. If they were not getting along, she wouldn't be putting on the uniform.

I can't think of a way to phrase this that doesn't sound rude, but, uh... do you get out much? Their 'uniform' is what a billion other women are currently wearing. I say this as someone who is in no way, shape, or form an expert on style, but you can't avoid it. Maxi dresses, maxi skirts, and stripes are extremely popular right now. If one of the Duggar girls walked down the street I would not be able to tell she was a fundamentalist just by looking at her.

\

I am not based in the USA! Have you been to Europe? Nobody wears ugly clothes like that. I thought only the Duggars wore those long stripy skirts.

\

I am not based in the USA! Have you been to Europe? Nobody wears ugly clothes like that. I thought only the Duggars wore those long stripy skirts.

What's at the height of style in Europe these days? Don't come to the US or you'll see "ugly" everyday if you think they are that bad.

Now I'm scared that some random European visiting the US will see me walking around in a maxi dress and think i'm a fundie... *dyes hair green*

Archived