IGNORED

Josiah Duggar is courting

Lana

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From everything I read, I'm actually kinda impressed by Marjorie. She's shown much ambition in her short 17 years. Blogger, author, speaker, acting (her blog mentioned she was in a community theatre performance) -- that's definitely better than sitting around waiting for Prince Charming.

Well this came out of left field. I thought the next male courtship would be Joseph (with Tori Bates).

But I can see the reasons. I think of all of the kids, JB and Josiah have the weakest relationship (arm twist, extended stay at Alert, etc) and he wants him out ASAP. It will be interesting if he gets a house like Josh, Jill, and Jessa did for the early part of his marriage.

But how will Josiah be supporting his wife and family? What skills does he have to make it out in the real world? (Then again the same can be said about Ben). Perhaps her father will get him into graphic design and he can be employed by his FIL?

What I like about her is her interest in musical theater. I think it is something that Josiah would enjoy and I'd love to see them spend their honeymoon in NYC and seeing Broadway shows.

I'm glad that he found someone but indeed hope that they will have a long long courtship. Maybe like Michaella she courted for about 2 years..... :pray:

edit: just looked up requirements to marry in Arizona. You can marry if your 17 with parental consent...

They're trying to distract us from Jill's ordeal!! Thats it!! I figured out this nonsense!

I think they're trying to kill Jinger, myself. She was already heartbroken when her sister-bestie, Jessa, up and married the teenager, now her favorite brother is courting and on the way toward marriage. She's going to keel over from the shock of it all. :(

From everything I read, I'm actually kinda impressed by Marjorie. She's shown much ambition in her short 17 years. Blogger, author, speaker, acting (her blog mentioned she was in a community theatre performance) -- that's definitely better than sitting around waiting for Prince Charming.

Marjorie actually seems totally great.

From Benjermin's Facebook:

"Josiah is courting y'all!"

Josiah isn't courting us, you idiot! You can't call yourself a "writer" while making idiotic grammatical errors like that. Commas are important; use them. :angry-banghead:

I think he's interested cause there's only 5 kids in that family... Not to say that she isn't good for other reasons too, as she seems pretty ambitious for a fundie, but, there are only 5 kids, and we have reason to believe Josiah doesn't want 19 kids and counting (see- the arm twist)

From the "Beautiful Girls" website:

"Seventeen-year-old Marjorie Jackson is a young lady with a growing love for the Lord, for His Word, and for people. She is the oldest of five wildly energetic, half Guatemalan girls, all of whom are homeschooled. Marjorie is the author of one book (so far), The Greatest Book You’ve Never Read, written to get young people excited about reading the Bible (available for order on Amazon). Among many hobbies, Marjorie enjoys playing the piano, singing with her sister Genevieve, musical theater, art, watching black-and-white TV shows from the fifties, and talking with family, friends, strangers… pretty much anybody. She loves making new friends, and she wants to meet YOU!"

While Marjorie seems like a lovely, smart, and energetic young lady (she's allowed to leave home and explore alone! :pink-shock: ), the blurb they wrote about her on that website sounds like a dating profile on FundiesOnly.com. :lol:

Most musical theater would include DANCING, and art oftentimes includes NUDES. Maybe, just maybe, this is a pair of teens who are escape routes for one another? If they marry and become independent of their parents, they can run away to a university. I believe married students can qualify for financial aid regardless of their parents' income.

I know I'm reaching, but . . . .

Josiah isn't courting us, you idiot! You can't call yourself a "writer" while making idiotic grammatical errors like that. Commas are important; use them. :angry-banghead:

We know what he means. Why would I care?

Maybe shes even a tier 4 xD

Why would this be acceptable to JB? Will they make her put her pants in mothballs? How will this work? She seems great but it's weird to me that this seemingly more liberal girl is acceptable wife material.

I like you!

Alexandra‎

Duggar Family News: Life is not all pickles and hairspray.

1 min ·

Heard it first on FreeJinger! smile emoticon

Source: people.com/people/article/0,,20914845,00.html

I just had to post it on Pickles' page, since she thinks she is the first to know everything and anything about these people. :cray-cray:

Just to put FJ out there and piss her off a little :stir-pot: :stir-pot: :stir-pot:

Well, his drugged-up comment about marriage post-wisdom teeth makes sense now.

Do you think it's possible JB and co. have actually been encouraging him to WAIT on marriage and take it slow because he can't really support a family financially yet?

Maybe Jim Bob doesn't care as long as Josiah finds a girl who is halfway decent, one Josiah can marry off in a hurry so he is out of Jim Bob's lego hair.

ETA: this is repsonse to Fascinated's comment.

Maybe she will become convicted to be skirts only after meeting with Michelle and the older Duggar ladies. Sound familiar?

Now if this was an announcement any other 18 year old boy had a first girlfriend -- Awww!

I worry that Josiah Duggar, and I have a very soft spot for Josiah, will be married within 6 months and breeding soldiers for Jesus in 7. :mouse-shock: They are too young and inexperienced, IMO.

My daughter is 18, my son is almost 17 can't imagine an 18 and 18yo getting married. Finish school first, go to college or get a job and provide for yourself. Travel, date, experience the world. If Josiah does get married at 18 he's only doing it for sex. Like Josh. The Duggars must really want attention and money.

NOTICE THE PART where he says a few years ago

BOY -she is 17 now - what was then 14

gross

and to young and early

omg

So apparently you're against freshmen and sophomores in high school dating each other? He was 15. She was 14. That's not weird.

That being said, I'm actually kind of happy about this. It theoretically gets him away from Jim Bob and she's cute and seems cool. There are worse things.

*edited to elaborate*

Well, his drugged-up comment about marriage post-wisdom teeth makes sense now.

Do you think it's possible JB and co. have actually been encouraging him to WAIT on marriage and take it slow because he can't really support a family financially yet?

His increased visibility makes more sense now, too. He's been featured in talking heads a lot more lately and he's been mentioned on their social media channels more, too. They wanted the fans to remember who he was before the announcement since he's been so ignored/absent in past years.

Archived