IGNORED

Josiah Duggar is courting

Lana

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found this picture of her on the FB page for her book. Although the picture is from 2014, those look like pants to me.

post-10531-14452000072556_thumb.jpg

Question: does Josiah, as a legal adult, have any choice in having his private life sold to People magazine? Or is he lumped into an all-encompassing Duggar deal negotiated by Jim Bob?

I feel like if he had any choice in the matter, it would not have been announced so soon. (Though let's be honest, it's not like he has much of a choice in anything... :( )

Doesn't matter because now Josiah has a very imminent future family to support and needs the cash. :(

Here is her family's names (courtesy an uncle's obit). ..

Greg Jackson (Analucia) of Springdale Arkansas and their children Marjorie, Genevieve, Melody, Harmony and Felicity

I'm worried. Truly worried. Previously, the Duggars kept courtships secret until an engagement or at least a few months had passed (B&J). Josiah's is being announced just a few days into the courtship. Is it to trap him?

As with Jill and Jessa, they have a get to know 'ya' stage prior to the engagement courtship.

Poor Marjorie. This is the wrong family to gravitate towards, kid! Hope when Boob met her he didn't try to speak that awful Spanish to her.

I'm as surprised as everyone else about them announcing a courtship like that, and so soon after they started. Something's up. Or maybe, like Jill and Derrick, they've been unofficially courting for a long time and are a sure thing. I give it 3 months tops before we get an engagement announcement.

Logically, I know I shouldn't judge a person by their public persona at 11 years old, but looking back it makes a weird sort of sense that Josiah is the next one to court. He, Josh, and Jill were the biggest, most enthusiastic mouthpieces for the family at young ages, and the fact that they all had short courtships/engagements says something about their commitment to the lifestyle.

She's cute.

But I'm still really sad. :cry:

From the "Beautiful Girls" website:

"Seventeen-year-old Marjorie Jackson is a young lady with a growing love for the Lord, for His Word, and for people. She is the oldest of five wildly energetic, half Guatemalan girls, all of whom are homeschooled. Marjorie is the author of one book (so far), The Greatest Book You’ve Never Read, written to get young people excited about reading the Bible (available for order on Amazon). Among many hobbies, Marjorie enjoys playing the piano, singing with her sister Genevieve, musical theater, art, watching black-and-white TV shows from the fifties, and talking with family, friends, strangers… pretty much anybody. She loves making new friends, and she wants to meet YOU!"

While Marjorie seems like a lovely, smart, and energetic young lady (she's allowed to leave home and explore alone! :pink-shock: ), the blurb they wrote about her on that website sounds like a dating profile on FundiesOnly.com. :lol:

Josiah? What the heck? I was really expecting Jana or John David. Maybe even Jinger.... but Josiah?! :pink-shock: Wowzers. And they offiially began courting a week ago?! It's going well though...

Um hmm I wonder if this courtship was spurned from wanting to be apart of the Duggar gravy train like Ben. I have no doubt her mom was determined to marry a daughter into the family. Oh why so early??? Why not poor Mary Maxwell lol

they're only 17 and 18

for both their sakes I hope it's a super long courtship.

Could you imagine if it didn't work out?

it would almost be like normal dating (minus the chaperons and side hugs)

Josiah? What the heck? I was really expecting Jana or John David. Maybe even Jinger.... but Josiah?! :pink-shock: Wowzers. And they offiially began courting a week ago?! It's going well though...

I was sure it was Joseph until i opened the article. Today is a sad day, folks

From People:

Josiah Duggar, 18, reveals exclusively to PEOPLE that he has entered into a courtship with Marjorie Jackson, 17 – a young lady he got to know when he was taking Spanish lessons from her mother, Analucia, 40.

The couple officially began courting on April 6, the same day his sister Jill, 23, and brother-in-law Derick Dillard, 26, welcomed newborn son Israel David into the world.

It's been going very well," Josiah tells PEOPLE. "I met Marjorie a few years ago, when I was taking Spanish lessons at her house and I was very impressed with the way she was with her siblings and her love for the Lord."

When they both went on a mission trip to El Salvador in December, Josiah, who currently works in his father's construction company, says he was particularly impressed with Marjorie.

"She really caught my eye," he says. "That is really where I noticed her."

For Marjorie, who is one of 5 girls born to Greg, 43, and Analucia, "liking" Josiah is something that she says she's done for some time.

"I met him at Spanish class a few years back," she tells PEOPLE. "For me it was an immediate thing, I have always admired him and his family."

NOTICE THE PART where he says a few years ago

BOY -she is 17 now - what was then 14

gross

and to young and early

omg

God, can you imagine being a 17-year-old entering into your first relationship and having it announced nationally days later?

Her dad is a real graphic designer. At least Josh won't have to make tacky postcard wedding invitations.

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/greg-jackson/10/492/277

I'm gonna stop stalking now. Kiddos are waking up.

:D I'm not all for the Josiah courtship at his age, but this actually makes me very happy!! Can just imagine how Smuggar would greet him, "Oh! You're a graphic designer. Well I've done some graphic designs too. Look at my sisters' wedding invitations. I made those!". I hope the guy gives him a blank stare and a head nod if he tries to show off his "designs".

So let me guess - Josiah has been renovating another Duggar property in anticipation of his soon to happen nuptials and in Duggarland, that means he has a job in the family construction business.

Non-Duggar spin - another teenager married off with no education and no real job.

Good work, JB, father of the year. :(

NOTICE THE PART where he says a few years ago

BOY -she is 17 now - what was then 14

gross

and to young and early

omg

WTH is gross about a 14 year-old falling head over heels for a 15-year-old?

Good for Josiah. Complete shocker, though. So, I am going to assume that the newest future Duggar will be groomed for public appearance and criticisms. Honestly, I liked the Josh scenario of courtship to engagement. Forget the filler (courtship) and focus on the marriage part, then drift off.

My heart sank. I don't have a good feeling about this at all. I never cared one way or the other about the rest, snarky comments aside.

I was sure it was Joseph until i opened the article. Today is a sad day, folks

I thought the same thing! Did you see the picture of him with the two girls also? It really made me think potential courtship because we know Duggars date with third wheels.

Archived