IGNORED

Josiah Duggar is courting

Lana

I'm going out on a limb here. Bear with me.

It always felt like Josh was rushed into marriage because JB knew Josh wouldn't be able to stay pure (in Duggarspeak) and was therefore married off. I stink at citations but somewhere in the Paul's letters is that while bit about if you can, remain single like I am, if not, because not everyone was cut out to be single, get married.

Josiah always reminded me a bit of Josh. In both looks (although decidedly not as tall) and demeanor. What if he was shipped off to ALERT for similar reasons that Josh was (purity) and they decided to marry him off to the first available/acceptable girl because heaven forbid we can't have a Duggar darkening the family brand. It would be even more important now with Josiah than it would have been with Josh.

That was my first instinct too, exactly. Trying to get him tied down before he does something unbecoming of a Duggar.

17 and 18 year olds have no business being married.

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry. As much as I want Siah to be happy, I can't get behind this courtship right now. Just... No. :snooty:

Oh my! Well, that came out of left field! Interesting thing is I found a picture the other day of Joseph with two girls at his college. I'm half asleep right now and thought for a moment that it was his courtship. I thought for sure we'd hear about one from him soon. Wasn't prepared to hear about one from Josiah, though!

Check out this bio about Marjorie...

nwabeautifulgirls.org/#!speakers/ccj0

I still haven't read it but, beautiful girls retreat? Seriously?

I wonder why they decided to release this information to the public so early. They only started courting officially a week ago on April 6th. It seems they kept Jill's and (at least stayed mum about) Jessa's quiet for much, much longer.

Also, given their ages (18 and 17), it likely will be a while before they marry. It just seems like this could come back to bite them, especially if they decide to end the courtship before marriage.

Omg I really don't know what to say... I was hoping for Jana, John-David or Jinger to enter a courtship, NOT Josiah! But I tink I am happy for them..

Now i have read it. Wow. Poor girl. And poor Siah. Poor things. She is going to be the new Anna

Well now we know what tomorrows big announcement is.

Let's get the important information first--does this family have a blog for us to analyze?

Ugh. She isn't even old enough to vote. Here's hoping they have a LONG courtship.

You are funny. A long courtship. :lol: If the courtship last for two years and they live fairly close to one another, eyebrows will be raised.

It says oldest sister to 5 half-Guatemalan girls... Is it just me or is that a very odd way to write a description of one's family. Makes more sense to say she is the oldest of 5 sisters, and daughter to Analucia, who is from Guatemala.

She seems like she has a lot going for her though... wrote a book?

And yes, she is definitely going to be the new Anna.. that was my first thought. Probably will be giving birth by 19 years old.

My gut reaction to hearing the news? Oh no. Just...nope. :(

"It's been going very well," Josiah tells PEOPLE. "I met Marjorie a few years ago, when I was taking Spanish lessons at her house and I was very impressed with the way she was with her siblings and her love for the Lord."

Not exactly the words of a man who is smitten.

She could write better at 16 than Michelle and Jim Bob in their 40s, so maybe she's at least a smart girl. I am at work and couldn't read much but she seems to be able to string some thoughts together in a coherent way. That's already a step ahead many fundie girls her age.

My gut reaction to hearing the news? Oh no. Just...nope. :(

"It's been going very well," Josiah tells PEOPLE. "I met Marjorie a few years ago, when I was taking Spanish lessons at her house and I was very impressed with the way she was with her siblings and her love for the Lord."

Not exactly the words of a man who is smitten.

Because he is not a man, he is a FUCKING KID

Jesus. At least they'll have to wait til she's 18 to marry. Or is Arkansas one of those states that lets minors marry with parental permission?

Makes me wonder if all the time at Alert was to keep him away from her. Surely the Duggars know a teenage wedding won't play well to most of their audience.

Interesting that Josh predicted way back when he married that Josiah would be the next boy to marry.

They may marry as young as 16 with parental consent. My guess is another summer wedding. Any guess which house Boob has for this couple?

http://www.arkansas.com/weddings/laws/

Arkansas Marriage License cost is approximately $58.00 (cash only). No checks are accepted. No refunds. Price is determined by county.

Males and females shall reach the age of 18 years to contract for a marriage license in Arkansas. Males age 17 or females ages 16 or 17, may be married with parental consent. (For more information on this call your local county court house in Arkansas).

Males and females 21 or older may present a valid driver's license showing their correct name and date of birth or any documents list below. Males and females 21 or under must present a state-certified copy of their birth certificates or an active Military Identification Card or valid passport. If your name has changed through a divorce and your driver's license does not reflect this change, you will need to bring a certified copy of your divorce decree.

Arkansas marriage licenses are valid for sixty (60) days. License must be returned used or unused, within 60 days for recording or a $100 Bond will be executed against all applicants for license.

No medical/blood test or proof of residency are required for marriages in Arkansas.

License may be used immediately or within the 60 day time limit. (There is no waiting period required in Arkansas after a divorce is final)

The license may be used anywhere in the state of Arkansas, but must be returned to the County Clerk's Office where you first applied.

No witnesses are required for marriages in Arkansas. Marriages performed in Arkansas are recognized in all other states.

For information on obtaining a wedding license, call 501-661-2336 or 800-637-9314.

Well, that too.

Is this another one of those courtships orchestrated to get a potential troublemaker/family-shamer out of the house, at least according to Jim Bob's standards?

I think Josh's courtship was rushed in order to prevent out-of-control hormones, Jill's was because she and Derick wanted it, and Jessa, I always thought, was more interested in using Ben to get out of the house initially, but eventually he grew on her.

Josiah's relationship with Jim Bob has always appeared strained at best...and Marjorie will be his way out.

I so hoped he would go off to school and try to make a life of his own. :(

She wrote a bible lovers book I wouldnt be surprised if she went Anna.

If money wasnt an issue(like here or much less of an issue) for going to university i would hope he went one he was married.

Question: does Josiah, as a legal adult, have any choice in having his private life sold to People magazine? Or is he lumped into an all-encompassing Duggar deal negotiated by Jim Bob?

I feel like if he had any choice in the matter, it would not have been announced so soon. (Though let's be honest, it's not like he has much of a choice in anything... :( )

Archived