IGNORED

John "The Hot One" Maxwell Leaving the Country

nausicaa

]

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
As if! We all know it was Steve's complaints. I once commented on Abby wearing longer skirts and got an email from Teri explaining it was Abby's idea after watching her aunts wear those, yeah right.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
The Maxwells always are quick to tell us everything their children (and now grandchildren) do is of their own free will. Christopher decided against being a paramedic completely on his own. Sarah is dresses only because she decided to be. Every adult child has chosen to live at home until marriage, and to forgo college. I might believe them if even one of their children made even a slightly different choice than his/her siblings. But the fact that every single one of their eight grown children has made the exact same choices as each of their siblings tells me the children are not the ones truly making those choices. If you read Steve's family mission statement (somewhere on the site) he states very clearly "We decided our children will court not date. We decided our children will not attend college.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply
]

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
The Maxwells always are quick to tell us everything their children (and now grandchildren) do is of their own free will. Christopher decided against being a paramedic completely on his own. Sarah is dresses only because she decided to be. Every adult child has chosen to live at home until marriage, and to forgo college. I might believe them if even one of their children made even a slightly different choice than his/her siblings. But the fact that every single one of their eight grown children has made the exact same choices as each of their siblings tells me the children are not the ones truly making those choices. If you read Steve's family mission statement (somewhere on the site) he states very clearly "We decided our children will court not date. We decided our children will not attend college.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Yeah, you can't have it both ways.

"Don't let your child make choices!"

"Fire the dentist if he asks your child's opion!!"

"But yeah, they totes choose everything the second they turn 18 and it just happens to coincide with what we want!!!1!"

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
As if! We all know it was Steve's complaints. I once commented on Abby wearing longer skirts and got an email from Teri explaining it was Abby's idea after watching her aunts wear those, yeah right.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Yeah, I'm sure if Abby had decided she wanted to wear pants, the answer would be, "You are a child and will wear what we want you to wear." I could see though, that she might have wanted to wear longer skirts like her aunts in order to be one of the 'big girls.'

Not that I know of. I did email with Laura at some point after Elizabeth wised up and cleared out and she seemed very happy that her daughter didn't go through with the marriage.

I suspect Joe just got too bossy with Elizabeth ("You can't wear that outfit after we are married." "No, you can't have your dog, or any pet, when we are married." "There will be NO holiday tree in our house!") and she realized she was going to be very unhappy in that relationship.

I never thought that the day would come that I would tire of the Maxwells and their antics but this, this has become too much for me to handle.

I feel like I'm actively watching a man (Steve) lose his tiny remaining grasp on reality and the last of his sanity. It scares me - I use to find the control he exerted over his family fascinating (for lack of a better word), now it's just scary, and so so very sad.

I'm not sure why this trip of John's, and Steve's crazy surrounding it, has struck such a chord with me but I honestly feel like I can't be a willing observer of this anymore and retain a clear conscious.

Those poor kids.

You win Steve, I'm bowing out. :|

Anyone know how long he's supposed to be gone?

IIRC the initial post on the matter said two weeks.

ETA: Scratch that -- it says (now) "over the coming weeks." No number. I coulda sworn there was a specific number mentioned, which had several of us saying, "Big deal" and "Well, he can't be going far."

But I've learned that my indignance at Steve and Teri sometimes results in less-than-precise recollection.

IIRC the initial post on the matter said two weeks.

ETA: Scratch that -- it says (now) "over the coming weeks." No number. I coulda sworn there was a specific number mentioned, which had several of us saying, "Big deal" and "Well, he can't be going far."

But I've learned that my indignance at Steve and Teri sometimes results in less-than-precise recollection.

I think you're right, MJB. I recall Sarah saying two weeks as well. Hopefully John is being very productive over there, maybe installing irrigation systems, and is finding more and more need for his work.

Or, he really has run away and they are trying to keep it secret!

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Yeah, I'm sure if Abby had decided she wanted to wear pants, the answer would be, "You are a child and will wear what we want you to wear." I could see though, that she might have wanted to wear longer skirts like her aunts in order to be one of the 'big girls.'

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Maybe but i'm sure Bethany and Tina will decide longer skirts before 6 years old just like Abby "decided". There's no free will at all in that family.. At least other fundies can decide some things, not much but SOME. I can't believe why someone chooses to remove all kinds of liberty and free will from their lifes like fundies do, it's the scariest thing about them.

I think you're right, MJB. I recall Sarah saying two weeks as well. Hopefully John is being very productive over there, maybe installing irrigation systems, and is finding more and more need for his work.

I think they specified the 2 weeks in reply to a comment, it wasn't in the actual post.

I think they specified the 2 weeks in reply to a comment, it wasn't in the actual post.

I had some vague recollection of two weeks, but then couldn't find it. Shouldn't he be back by now/ Didn't someone see him at the airport?

It's possible. If John took a lot of pictures on his trip, they could make occasional posts using them for quite awhile, after claiming that God has called John to stay there and do whatever. This whole situation is very odd and unexplained. Who are these supposed friends? Where did John meet them? Why isn't he there doing mission work? How did he convince Steve to let him go? :think:

The announcement that he was going on the trip went up on 8 april.

The 2 week thing was mentioned in this comment:

Johnna says:

April 9, 2015 at 1:04 pm

Oh my! What an exciting opportunity! And I’m left with so many questions, haha – will we be privy to which country he is visiting? Or how long his trip will be? Does John have any ambitions to teach ESL?

Nevertheless, he will be in my prayers. I’ll be awaiting an update on his journey – travelling is a great joy in my life and I’m thrilled for John to have this experience ????

God bless!

—

The country will remain anonymous, and he’ll be there about 2 weeks. No ambition to teach ESL ;).

So he should be home around now, unless he has done a runner. :dance:

Poor Steve. Poor poor Steve........ :cry: So trapped in his own fears. If he's so paranoid of people who are here, how CAN he sleep at night?

Run here to Australia John!

Plenty of farms here need/use irrigation, and if you come this far, you just might be far enough away from your dad to be safe! Hop to it!

You can even bring Sarah to come stay with me, and I will gently guide her towards making her own decisions 8-)

At least, John did say that he was having a blast. I wonder if Steve edited that already. Maxwells are not allowed to have blasts.

At least, John did say that he was having a blast. I wonder if Steve edited that already. Maxwells are not allowed to have blasts.

Unless they are putting an arrow in their wive's womb at the time. :whistle:

Blasts are the work of the devil. Everyone in Maxwell knows that. :roll:

There shall be no blasting for Maxwells. Steve, Sarah must be doing your blogging for you again. Someone please explain what "blast" means to Sarah and then edit accordingly!

Unless they are putting an arrow in their wive's womb at the time. :whistle:

No, a small squirt is not a blast. Blasts are evil like Pepsi or meat in a burrito. Sex is a DUTY to GOD and has nothing what-so-ever to do with "fun" let alone having a "blast" which would be how the evil world views sex.

I never saw the attraction to John until the most recent post. He looks so happy and relaxed. He really is hot, isn't he? :lol:

Next Moody book:

The Moodys go native.

They will meet someone that went out of the country, but where will never be specified. He will gross the Moody kids out with his tale of how he ate a slimy snake. What he did and who he was with won't ever be specified - he might be called a missionary, but that's about it.

And the kids will be inspired to support missionaries, but will talk about how they want to stay home to support their families.

Archived