IGNORED

John "The Hot One" Maxwell Leaving the Country

nausicaa

To visit...friends (?!?)

So I swung by the Maxwell blog and happened to come upon this new post by Sarah:

John is leaving the country to visit friends who teach English as a second language. Please pray for travel safety and for adjustments as he adapts to life in a different culture. We’ll be sharing his adventures through pictures on the blog, so keep an eye for updates over the coming weeks!

Love,

Sarah

What on earth is this about. What country? What friends? And for how long? Is this an elaborate ruse for him to start a courtship? And why is a son getting to do something so blatantly non-Maxwellian as travel without his parents and live out from under their hedge of protection?

A paranoid part of me is wondering if John is straining against his shackles just a bit too much and this is their way of appeasing him so he keeps up appearances for the brand. Or is he being sent away because he has been straining against his shackles just a little too much and they need to hide him away for a bit like some ne'er do well uncle in a 19th century novel?

And most importantly, who will fill the hot void in the Maxwell family photos? Let's be real people, that's about 85% of the reason any of us check out those pictures anyways.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha! HA! Because they tried to talk him out of it and he told them to mind their own beeswax, I bet you ten dollars. Awesome. Go, John, go! I wish Christopher had this backbone when he wanted to be a paramedic.

They're sending him away to keep him safe from our lustful, worldly gazes.

Good luck with that, Stevie 8-)

Oh my! Come to Latin America John! I can teach you spanish and we can have a great time of fellowship! :D

My guess is a few weeks in Canada then back to his family's loving arms.

Is he going "overseas" as in crossing the actual ocean, or yeah just crossing the border and going to either Canada or Mexico? And do the Maxwells even know the difference?

John, this is your chance. Run, for the love of all that is holy.....RUN!!!!!! (to me)

Adjusting to life in a new culture? How long is he going to be there? I'm hoping a very long time. He'll probably have more freedom in this new situation, and the longer he's there, the more likely he is to venture out on his own and meet new, different people.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if he was going to visit the other Elissa, the one who comments on the blog in Spanish as well as English and is somewhere in Central or South America, I forget where. Then when they decide to court, Steve can rename her -- Elissa Marie, of course. :lol:

I vote for Elissa Maria, but that might be to Catholic sounding for Steve.

More proof they have more going on than they will ever share.

Also that they are hypocrites - who are these "friends"?

Please pray for travel safety and for adjustments as he adapts to life in a different culture.

1st thought - it sounds like he's going to be gone a while. (!)

2nd thought - He could be staying with ANY other family, even right there in Kansas, and have major culture shock. The freedoms! What? Bible time only once a day?

Congratulations John!! The first Maxwell 'child' to have the courage to break away. Pretty sad he has to leave the country to find freedom. I hope he loves the space he will have and enjoys learning a new way of living.

I bet Steve hates it but is putting as much of a 'we're allowing him to do this' spin on it as possible.

I am guessing not a courtship trip because I think the Maxwells will never announce a courtship again, only a wedding. They don't volunteer or go on missions, so I can't figure out where he would be going. How can he be going to see friends when siblings are the only friends a person is supposed to have? What friends could be so acceptable that John is allowed to go to another country by himself? Who is going to make sure that John keeps living Maxwell-style while away? I am guessing he is probably going to an Asian county as there are a lot of positions for American's to teach English there. My cousin did it in Japan for a year and loved it. I am surprised that Steve would allow money to be spent on such a trip.

Sarah's posts are so confusing. Why would John need to adapt to life in another culture if he going for just a visit? I highly doubt he will be gone for months. So will the family spend their days crying because they so miss John? The family will have to adapt as well to their John-less lifestyle for a short period of time. It will be so sad when one less burrito is made every Sunday.

Oh, I might be in the minority because I do not find anything hot about John. I just hope he gets to have some normal fun while he is gone.

We will never find out about any 'normal fun' things John does unless he starts his own public blog or Facebook page. Steve will only tell us the version he wants us to know.

A Maxwell getting out of the compound? Surely this can't be so? Run John! Run!

I do hope this trip will broaden his horizons and mind, but we'll see. Depends on what Steve lets us know

I am excited for him. For a while it has seemed like John has been pushing the boundaries a bit -- not appearing with the family band and at some other family events, driving Uriah alone cross-country, starting his own business... I doubt Steve and Teri would encourage or approve of such a trip. If I recall correctly they haven't traveled by plane in the last decade or so due to evil TSA scanners. I'm glad John appears to be thinking for himself and hope he continues to challenge his upbringing!

I'll get excited when one of the daughters takes a solo trip out of the country.

I knew it!! Just knew that it!! John is breaking away. There's something about John. Yes he's as hot as hell but there's a different kind of something in his eyes. I think

Jessie will be the next one to leave. Run John run far far away ( preferably to hawkes bay. New Zealand). Wink

If one child ever leaves I think it might be the total downfall of Maxhell. Steve just could not handle it and it might just make the other kids see that they have options besides staying with Mommy and Daddy.

This trip is so odd since Steve is anti-friend, anti-fun, anti-being far away from Steve for any extended time.

Well, it's a start. Good for you, John. I'm very glad you have finally persuaded Daddy to let you off the compound all by yourself. That is really fantastic and a giant step for a Maxwell.

I was almost excited there for a minute. Then I realized that probably all Sarah's mystery and cliff-hanging drama translates as:

"John will be going to Mexico for 2 weeks with a heavily chaperoned short-term mission group. Please pray for his safe travel and that he doesn't make an idiot of himself in a different culture. Also please pray that the burritos in Mexico are not too spicy and are meat free. We'll be sharing photos when we get around to it."

Sarah will now dribble out the following exciting information over several weeks:

- Which general area of Mexico.

- Which mission group Steve is trusting with his unshorn lamb (this is actually a real cliff-hanger!)

- What vehicle they used to drive to Mexico - no way would Steve permit air travel.

- Which sister packed his bags.

- How much Teri wept when John left.

- How much they all wept when John left.

- How long they fasted and prayed for his safe return.

- How John finds Mexican burritos too spicy.

- How precious the unsaved souls are in Mexico.

And so on.

Go ahead, Stevo. Prove me wrong!

I'm really surprised that the Maxwell leghumpers don't call the blog out on the silly secrecy and drama surrounding every little thing Maxwell. I know Steve tells them it is sooooooo necessary because of internet "persecution" !!!!!!!eleventy!!!!!! but it makes them look really pathetic.

Come to think of it, this isn't the first time John has been allowed out on his own. He drove poor Uriah to CA to deliver him to the new owner all by himself.

Go, John!

I vote for Elissa Maria, but that might be to Catholic sounding for Steve.

I am pretty sure that is Elissa Maxwell comments. I wonder if this will turn out to be a "mission trip"?

Archived