IGNORED

John "The Hot One" Maxwell Leaving the Country

nausicaa

Excellent, except for the eight unnamed countries. :roll: So we have China, India, Bangladesh, Thailand, and Myanmar, at least. That wasn't as helpful as I'd hoped it would be...

i'm curious to know why they say 18 but don't list them all. I'm sure there is a reason, but it's annoying.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh Stevie! You were too late! Thanks to one of the pictures I was able to very clearly figure it out!

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
:dance: Nah, I'm just messing with Steve, but it will drive him nuts and he will have to make an account if he hasn't already made one. We are driving Steve to the very brink of insanity.

Oh Stevie! You were too late! Thanks to one of the pictures I was able to very clearly figure it out!

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
:dance: Nah, I'm just messing with Steve, but it will drive him nuts and he will have to make an account if he hasn't already made one. We are driving Steve to the very brink of insanity.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I'd hazard a guess that he was already over the brink - and without any help from us.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I'd hazard a guess that he was already over the brink - and without any help from us.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
That is true, but he seems to be going even more insane. If he would have not tried to keep where John was going a secret there would probably be just a very short thread discussing it. Steve is his own worst enemy.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
That is true, but he seems to be going even more insane. If he would have not tried to keep where John was going a secret there would probably be just a very short thread discussing it. Steve is his own worst enemy.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Yes, I said pretty much the same thing a couple of days ago on this thread. FJ doesn't have a very long attention span. If he'd just told us where John was we would have lost interest and just enjoyed John's escape from Maxhell.

I think the roots of Steve's paranoia/sheltering/insularity definitely predate us teasing him. He does seem to be getting much worse though -- starting with the super-secret wedding. Age (he's only 62 or 63)? Failing ministry? The kidults (John) showing signs of breaking free?

Or perhaps FJ tweaking him? It is not that we are any threat at all. Perhaps a combination of factors.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:

Hooray!!! Thanks for sharing. I'm in the area and should have photos soon!!!!

Hooray!!! Thanks for sharing. I'm in the area and should have photos soon!!!!

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Ha! Steve will shit bricks. But I've wondered if he has an account so he can read, but, of course, never posts.

I hope John never comes home. I hope he travels the world and sees all it has to offer.

You can travel there, its just very difficult. It opened up recently and is really starting to market itself to tourists. Read the tips from CNN and it would fit the hush hush of the country being secret!

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/05/travel/myanmar-11-things/

Yeah, that would definitely explain the hush-hushness! It is worrying that A cant-stop-converting-even-at-a-damn-wedding Maxwell would go somewhere with such strict anti-proselytizing laws. I mean, I'm ambivalent about Steve getting his own Midnight Express experience, but not my hot John!

The only other thing is that the one person I know of Burmese descent (granted, it's only one person) is very East Asian looking. Lighter skin, almond shaped eyes, pin straight hair. Not anything like the men in the picture.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Too bad. Hey, I have the rice paddy pic saved on my desktop--I got it the other day to look at exif data, but aside from checking the properties/details tab (which didn't show anything to my untrained eye), I don't know anything about accessing or interpreting exif data. Tell me what to do and I'll do it. :geek:

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
ive got all the pictures. They didn't delete them from the site, only removed the links so I went back and saved them all. I don't think there is anything in them that is worth deleting but I'll add them to Flickr if needed. Flick doesn't remove info.

Could it be that john sends them smaller pics due to dodgy Internet connection?

:shifty-kitty: :laughing-rolling: Uh, no. This is the Maxwells we're talking about. The most likely explanation is usually true, and I can't think of a time where they've been given the benefit of the doubt and they WEREN'T guilty. Plus, iirc, the first picture of him in mysteryland was one you could enlarge.

I thought that Myanmar was incredibly closed off to foreigners, and its government especially intolerant of religious liberty? Particularly minority religions (which Christianity would be there). I know that Rohingya Muslims who live there are often considered one of the most persecuted groups in the world. I imagine Christian missionaries are not well received, and Steve wouldn't take the chance with one of his kids.

My minister uncle has done several building trips there as a missionary. He does not seem to have problems with the groups he leads but then again, they are actually building houses and teaching construction and they only stay a month at a time.

Omg, that song on the video caused me to sin. I swayed my hips, because it had a latin-type beat. :shock:

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Ha! Steve will shit bricks. But I've wondered if he has an account so he can read, but, of course, never posts.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
He probably does, but if he hasn't had one I would not be surprised if he is making one now. He is not going to be happy that people were able to save the pictures he deleted.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:

Well done! FJ-2, Steve-0! When will he learn we ALWAYS figure it out!

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
OMG, playing with Steve-O is so much fun!

When you quote hidden content does it come up for non members?

I can't believe you worked it out! And I can't believe my brother is so close by travelling! I'll tell him to keep his eyes peeled for us on FJ.

My brother is the coolest, most intrepid traveller I know. He is gay but I'm sure that won't worry John as he travels with his hot female best friend. She's wild that one!

How does Steven explain this to the rest of his family? "Sarah, when uploading John's photos, we must make it so they cannot be enlarged for magnification. Yes, it's fine if the zoo pictures are enlarged. But John's photos to the top secret country cannot be. There is a forum I browse comprised of evil atheist feminist women who are determined to locate John and possibly steal him away from us. Please do not question why I lurk on this forum, Sarah. And most of all, do NOT mention it to your mother. This is why you must obey me without question in everything. THIS is what the world is like outside of these walls and I must protect this family at all costs. Stop asking why I allowed John to venture beyond the compound and get to uploading."

I AM DYING. It probably is similar to that!

OMG just saw how he deleted the pics. What I have noticed about Steve is that he does NOT like anyone to know WHO he associates with. NO identifying info allowed. Commenters are initials only. Elissa's family were never named. Not a first or a last name IIRC. Blog posts never describe who they are with. I fully believe it's because of FJ and he doesnt want us to contact anyone (as if we would). This trip is extra ridiculous. Does he think we would contact the people of Bangladesh? And yet we always find out! Best game ever!

OMG just saw how he deleted the pics. What I have noticed about Steve is that he does NOT like anyone to know WHO he associates with. NO identifying info allowed. Commenters are initials only. Elissa's family were never named. Not a first or a last name IIRC. Blog posts never describe who they are with. I fully believe it's because of FJ and he doesnt want us to contact anyone (as if we would). This trip is extra ridiculous. Does he think we would contact the people of Bangladesh? And yet we always find out! Best game ever!

Was it ever confirmed that someone from FJ contacted the Munks and gave them a heads up about the Maxwells no fun rule?

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Can someone post the pictures that were removed? I missed seeing them. I'm curious, as the Maxwells are my most/least favorite fundies.

Also, one of my best friends did her grad research in rural Bangladesh and may be able to contribute some knowledge.

New post up. Chris turning his kids into slaves.

Seeing as how Steve went to college and wasn't able to master the difference between than and then, it's no surprise he's declared it unnecessary for his chidults.

Was it ever confirmed that someone from FJ contacted the Munks and gave them a heads up about the Maxwells no fun rule?

Not that I know of. I did email with Laura at some point after Elizabeth wised up and cleared out and she seemed very happy that her daughter didn't go through with the marriage.

Archived