IGNORED

John "The Hot One" Maxwell Leaving the Country

nausicaa

Holy moly! RUN JOHN, RUN!!!!!

This is literally the last kind of post I ever expected to see from the Maxwells. So it seems he's not a missionary, just an ESL teacher? AWESOME. :D

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Holy moly! RUN JOHN, RUN!!!!!

This is literally the last kind of post I ever expected to see from the Maxwells. So it seems he's not a missionary, just an ESL teacher? AWESOME. :D

All we know so far is that John is planning to visit mysterious "friends" who teach ESL in a mystery country that is not the USA all by himself!.

That is a huge step for a Maxwell. However, to avoid disappointment, we should probably postpone our rejoicing about John's escape from Maxhell until Sarah squeezes out a few more precious nuggets of information.

Teri had mentioned in one of her Corners way back that one of the sons was interested in going to the "mission field" as they say.

That son mentioned how he wished they could travel more even as they were pulling in the driveway after being away for several weeks for their dog and pony shows.

Anyone remember that Corner and which son that was? Was it John?

I've thought about that Corner over the years (it was quite awhile back) and wondered why that son never followed through (figured Steve was not allowing it). So maybe it was John and maybe he finally grew a pair, idk.

Speaking of the dog and pony shows, I think this is the final nail (Uriah being sold was 2nd last nail) in that coffin. I feel bad for the female "children" as those trips were probably a highlight of their dreary lives.

Anyone know what the "mom's retirement" refers to?

I'm guessing it refers to her homeschooling days being over since Mary has now graduated.

Off Topic, I really like your avatar FundieWatcher!

Anyone know what the "mom's retirement" refers to?

I'm assuming it means not looking over the kids workbooks, err "homeschooling"

At one point, John's Maxwell Irrigation site mentioned that he had worked or studied in South America (IIRC), but that little tidbit is gone now. He also seems to be the only Maxwell not involved in the the computer/tech end of the family business so maybe he really will be striking out on his own in some way. There's always been speculation the he was the kid that they frequently mentioned who was hard to train. Wouldn't it be great if he was just playing possum all these years, biding his time until he was ready to make a break? RUN, JOHN, RUN!

Wow. I am shocked that he is aware enough of the outside world to even realize that leaving home is an option, honestly.

Holy moly, do you all think it is possible that John is getting MARRIED and moving away from the Maxhell compound? I've been thinking about this ever since the news broke (yes, I realize how sad my life is). We all know that Steve will never allow news of another courtship to leak EVER, and many of us have suspected over the past several months that John has been courting. Maybe now his time has finally come to be a real man and not just a man-child.

The fact that they are only feeding us tidbits of mysterious information leads me to wonder if they are not particularly happy about the news. Perhaps John did not go about it in the way that Jesu, er, Steve commanded. Perhaps he met this lucky lady on his own. (I haven't figured out HOW yet). And now they will be living far, far away from the compound. Perhaps it is SHE who has the evil job and will be working outside of the home.

Whatever the case may be, I hope that John is happy and enjoys himself on his "trip".

And Steve, quit being a nutcase and just tell your "friends" what the hell is going on. The secretive stuff is annoying and not cute.

At one point, John's Maxwell Irrigation site mentioned that he had worked or studied in South America (IIRC), but that little tidbit is gone now. He also seems to be the only Maxwell not involved in the the computer/tech end of the family business so maybe he really will be striking out on his own in some way. There's always been speculation the he was the kid that they frequently mentioned who was hard to train. Wouldn't it be great if he was just playing possum all these years, biding his time until he was ready to make a break? RUN, JOHN, RUN!

Holy Cow! I'm suddenly feeling a whole lot more optimistic that John will escape. YES! RUN, JOHN! RUN!

Is this John's revamped for 2015 irrigation site? maxwellirrigation.com

Looks like the same logo, out of Leavenworth, but 100x more professional than it ever looked before. I remember saying it looked like a high school "design a website for your dream business project" only a few months ago.

Most importantly, he's edited out all the God Speak as well as the egregious spelling mistakes!

John should expand it, add far more details of his professional qualifications and experience, testimonials would be nice but ...

Whoo Hooo!

Wouldn't it be wonderful if he was going to visit the other Elissa, the one who comments on the blog in Spanish as well as English and is somewhere in Central or South America, I forget where. Then when they decide to court, Steve can rename her -- Elissa Marie, of course. :lol:

I thought of this as well! It was late when I started this thread, and didn't know if I was letting the idle speculation bus go for a joy ride. But yeah, this whole trip sounds fishy to me. I agree with previous posters that Steve will want to hide any and all courtships until the wedding is done, but this may nevertheless be a trip to get to know a girl.

Sarah will now dribble out the following exciting information over several weeks:

However, to avoid disappointment, we should probably postpone our rejoicing about John's escape from Maxhell until Sarah squeezes out a few more precious nuggets of information.

Sounds like she writes the blog in the bathroom. :lol:

I hope this is something that actually leads to a non-Maxhell life for John, and possibly some other Maxwells. But I'm not getting excited yet.

Oh, and add me to the group who doesn't find John appealing, let alone hot. I think "less creepy than other Maxwell males" is the best I can do. :D

But, that's why they make chocolate and vanilla, as my grandmother always said. Here in the non-Maxwell world, we have the choice to develop our own taste in everything -- food, literature, faith, work, who we find attractive, etc.

So even the difference of opinion is an FJ anti-Steve celebration, as far as I'm concerned.

Yep, the mention of South (or Central?) America on the old Maxwell Irrigation site was the first thing I thought of as well. Interesting that all of the God talk has been scrubbed from that website as well. As much as I'd love to think that indicates that John is separating himself from the family, it may just be that he realizes it's off-putting and cuts into business.

IIRC Teri has named John as the difficult child more than once.

I think there is definitely a chance that John is *courting* or *getting to know* a young lady during this trip. If so, it would be nice to see him move away from the compound. I think he'd fall away from Steve's :cray-cray: way of life with a quickness.

Wow. I am shocked that he is aware enough of the outside world to even realize that leaving home is an option, honestly.

Same here!!

Sounds like she writes the blog in the bathroom. :lol:

I hope this is something that actually leads to a non-Maxhell life for John, and possibly some other Maxwells. But I'm not getting excited yet.

Oh, and add me to the group who doesn't find John appealing, let alone hot. I think "less creepy than other Maxwell males" is the best I can do. :D

But, that's why they make chocolate and vanilla, as my grandmother always said. Here in the non-Maxwell world, we have the choice to develop our own taste in everything -- food, literature, faith, work, who we find attractive, etc.

So even the difference of opinion is an FJ anti-Steve celebration, as far as I'm concerned.

Ooops. You caught me in a couple of Freudian slips there. I've often wondered whether Steve (not Sarah's) serious stick up his butt control problems would be helped with a good dose of Ex-Lax.

John is actually good-looking in person. Better looking than Joseph, who has the serious disadvantage of having inherited Steve's fixed glare. I was quite struck by John's adorable dimples and non-crazy eyes and wondered how much havoc he wreaked in the hearts of youth in the teen sessions.

He's not my type though. Now Jesse ... I always did prefer nerdy looking guys wearing glasses. :mrgreen:

Yep, the mention of South (or Central?) America on the old Maxwell Irrigation site was the first thing I thought of as well. Interesting that all of the God talk has been scrubbed from that website as well. As much as I'd love to think that indicates that John is separating himself from the family, it may just be that he realizes it's off-putting and cuts into business.

IIRC Teri has named John as the difficult child more than once.

I think there is definitely a chance that John is *courting* or *getting to know* a young lady during this trip. If so, it would be nice to see him move away from the compound. I think he'd fall away from Steve's :cray-cray: way of life with a quickness.

Even if he did realize that the God talk was cutting into his business/profits, that's way more than Steve would EVER consider doing. That's not Maxwell behavior, period. Steve and Chris can't run businesses without including the word God at least three times in every sentence.

Ooops. You caught me in a couple of Freudian slips there.

You even put them in #1 and #2 order! :D

Okay knowing that this is the Maxwells. John could be

1.Going overseas, meaning to another neighborhood

2. Actually going out of the country

3. It's all bullshit.

But good for John. Now please take the rest of your siblings.

You even put them in #1 and #2 order! :D

True that!

Poor Mr. P. I thought you'd challenge my description of him as nerdy looking.

It's OK, Jesse Maxwell. You may not be as photogenic as John but women do make passes at men who wear glasses and even marry them. Mr. P and I are living proof of that. We are working on our 36th year of happy atheist + agnostic marriage. So there, Steve.

True that!

Poor Mr. P. I thought you'd challenge my description of him as nerdy looking.

Y'know, I did think that, right away! I just figured it went without saying -- your husband has handsome outsides to match his wonderful inner self.

I hope the "overseas" is something fun like the ESL program where my daughter's BIL and his wife taught English in Tuscany before they got married. Sounds like the perfect place to go and de-fundify.

I typed "Mexico" into the searchbox on the titus2 blog and found lots of comments from Sara Grace R. who signs some comments from "James and Sara in Mexico" and seems to be friends with the family for a long time. I found that "Jim and Sara Roggenkamp" are missionaries in northern Mexico. Could John have been sent there to be with friends, as his behavior is getting too challenging for Steve? Maybe they are sending him to do irrigation work in a "safe place" as I cannot see them allowing him to have friends of his own age and just take a trip to see them whenever he wants.

I hope the "overseas" is something fun like the ESL program where my daughter's BIL and his wife taught English in Tuscany before they got married. Sounds like the perfect place to go and de-fundify.

I hope it is fun and eye opening for him and not "overseas" in Montreal. (Nothing wrong with Montreal but it's not "overseas," however, it is a different culture)

Some of the English teaching overseas assignments are in places you cannot prophesize (pick anywhere in the middle east). China is a big one to recruit English teachers, I wonder what their rule on prophesizing is since a lot of Catholics over there worship underground.

I really wish the girls could fly out of there but first we need to wait to see if John really is flying the coop.

Archived