IGNORED

John "The Hot One" Maxwell Leaving the Country

nausicaa

Joseph missed his grandfather's funeral to visit Elissa alone - I think that was when he proposed. John may come back engaged - I wouldn't put it past Steve to arrange the entire courtship to be by Skype til engagement.

Poor Sarah if she has to be bridesmaid at the wedding of another reversal where the bride may be nearly young enough to be her daughter.

ITA. It's quite possible for John to go alone. Plus, these "friends" could serve as chaperons, if they are married (likely).

And yeah, Sarah will have a very rough time if another of her younger siblings marry. Though, it'd probably be worse if it was Anna or Mary.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply
{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I'm going to guess he's in Guatemala based solely on an image on the Maxwell Irrigation site.

If someone will tell me Gigi's last name I'll look up the house to see what's what.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
It's Frasier or Frazier, I don't remember which spelling.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
The correct spelling of GiGi's last name is Frazer. Teri's sister's name, according to her public FB page, is Tami Frazer Jassey.

I am not sure that this trip shows that John is becoming more independent or has stopped drinking the koolaid. I think we want to believe one of them will escape but that is really unlikely. If John decided on his own to spread his wings and go against his father, we would never hear about this trip. This family is good and controlling what information it let's out. The fact that they intend to "share" the trip on their website leads me to believe that Steve is 100% behind the trip and intends to use it to his advantage. Hell, Steve probably planned it.

We don't know who writes Maxwell posts, signed "Sarah" or otherwise. John himself could have written this post after he left, Steve may have written it ... any of them.

John is leaving the country to visit friends who teach English as a second language.

No mention is made of time span other than in the comments. John could be leaving on a world trip, he could be back-packing or climbing in the Himalayas. The family doesn't wish John well nor does it mention prayng over him though others are invited to pray.

Let the words of my mouth,

and the meditation of my heart,

be acceptable in thy sight,

O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Psalm 19:14

The bold is mine of course but isn't it an interesting verse selection?

Scroll down on the (new) irrigation web site About Us page to see an interesting location for the arrow in Our Main Location. maxwellirrigation.com/about-us/

Finally, John's Linked In page....

Current: Maxwell Irrigation

Previous: Maxwell And Sons Construction

I think he's told Steve to stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

m so excited!!!

Most outrageous thing to come out if maxwell since the surprise wedding! I think he's got himself out and dad I mean God, has just spun it to look good because eventually f J ers would notice. I predict his absences will get longer and more prevalent. Justy guess. Poor sarah. If this is a courtship as I first thought. And poor sarah if he has shown independence. Both ways sarah will be confused and depressed.

I think he is breaking away. But Steve and Terie have to tell it their way, making it seem like they 'allow' him to do it. The way Michelle Duggar has to tell what her daughters 'really mean' after they said something somewhat independent.

leaving the country is maybe the only way he can get on the Internet without Terie's permission.

Steve anonymous means not revealing a persons identity. If you don't want to reveal the location of where John is going that is your perogative. But not revealing a location is called undisclosed, not anonymous. Sometimes I think Steve got his education from SOTDRT.

Steve anonymous means not revealing a persons identity. If you don't want to reveal the location of where John is going that is your perogative. But not revealing a location is called undisclosed, not anonymous. Sometimes I think Steve got his education from SOTDRT.

The whole "anonymous" thing makes me think Steve is not happy about this trip. Otherwise, he would just name the country, or at least say something along the lines of "We can't give any more details at this time, but it's in Asia" or Central America or wherever. Steve tends to write these snippy replies when he's pissed off.

I am not sure that this trip shows that John is becoming more independent or has stopped drinking the koolaid. I think we want to believe one of them will escape but that is really unlikely. If John decided on his own to spread his wings and go against his father, we would never hear about this trip. This family is good and controlling what information it let's out. The fact that they intend to "share" the trip on their website leads me to believe that Steve is 100% behind the trip and intends to use it to his advantage. Hell, Steve probably planned it.

Thisity this this.

It is one thing for us to think he should/wants to run, but what else has he ever known? He has nothing to compare his life to so how could he tell the difference between 'protected' and controlled?

Also, while I wouldn't say Steve tells lies, he sure does fiddle about with the truth. Although if there was a post that said; John is heading to Mexico for a fortnight to see some family friends, it is not going to garnish much in the way of interest or comments. Maybe he is taking them all the leftover homeschool stuff now Mary has graduated. There must be books and all sorts of teaching aids lying around...waaait...maybe not!

Typical Steve. Never, EVER give details, just vague hints. It's the same thing in their blog, Corners and books. Identities, locations and incident specifics are stripped away. Even their commenters have their names changed. So much paranoia yet they publish their house address and phone number on their website. Go figure.

Another reason that they might do this is so they're never held to any sort of truthfulness. How can folks trip you up if you never give specifics or expect you to be honest if there's been no admission of exactly what's been going on? Crazy peoples gots to protect themselves, dontcha know?

Thisity this this.

It is one thing for us to think he should/wants to run, but what else has he ever known? He has nothing to compare his life to so how could he tell the difference between 'protected' and controlled?

Also, while I wouldn't say Steve tells lies, he sure does fiddle about with the truth. Although if there was a post that said; John is heading to Mexico for a fortnight to see some family friends, it is not going to garnish much in the way of interest or comments. Maybe he is taking them all the leftover homeschool stuff now Mary has graduated. There must be books and all sorts of teaching aids lying around...waaait...maybe not!

Yeah, something is strange about this whole thing. Steve is so controlling about every aspect of their lives. If John was leaving for two weeks against Stevehovah's will and authority, he could easily do so, return and the blog readers would be none the wiser. It's not like any of their readers stalk them in real time like paparazzi and would have breaking news on John's mysterious disappearance.

Steve WANTS the readers to know about John's absence and wants the questions to pour in regarding the location and what this adventure is all about.

Oh my! Come to Latin America John! I can teach you spanish and we can have a great time of fellowship! :D

Dios mío!!! Just the two of you in the prayer closet? :o

I just read the comments on their post. Stevehovah is asked repeatedly which country and robotically answers "The country will remain anonymous." WTF? is he so scared that if he NAMES the country someone will try to kidnap his precious son? Paranoid, much? Just by writing "Nicaragua" he will lose his readers? I honestly cannot think of a sane reason not to call the country by name.

My favorite thought is that maybe John refused to tell Stevehovah which country he went to! Although if this were the case, Stevehovah would have spontaneously combusted by now.

m so excited!!!

Most outrageous thing to come out if maxwell since the surprise wedding! I think he's got himself out and dad I mean God, has just spun it to look good because eventually f J ers would notice. I predict his absences will get longer and more prevalent. Justy guess. Poor sarah. If this is a courtship as I first thought. And poor sarah if he has shown independence. Both ways sarah will be confused and depressed.

I hope that's the case... not Sarah being depressed, but everything else. This can give Sarah (and Mary) an "out"

While I do believe it's wishful thinking on our part (not that I want to speak for FJ as a whole or anything) that John's finally broken free, I also think that if he actually DID, Steve would do everything in his power to protect the brand, even if that meant stretching the truth. So John could go off an an extended missionary trip or move to another area for work and so forth, and unless we or any of the faithful actually ran into the guy (or if he blew the whistle), there'd be no way of knowing what the truth is. The foggier the details, the less likely people are to follow the trail.

This is just part of their media "strategy" to keep people hitting the blog. I think the courting idea is likely or this is some sort of research trip for his business. Nothing exciting at all like freedom.

Can anyone shed any light on John's irrigation business and the CID and CAIS qualifications he claims? I'm still wondering whether it is a viable business. I know nothing about irrigation so all I've grasped is -- it's not a domestic lawn sprinkler system business!

Here's the link to the new and much improved website again: maxwellirrigation.com

What I find interesting is that Steve has been so closed-mouthed about John having obviously worked hard to get what seem to be legitimate agricultural certifications. I'm surprised he is not shouting the news from the treetops as an example of a Maxwell establishing a great home business.

It reminds me of a discussion we had about the weird examples he used in the Buying a House Debt-Free book. Oddly, he did not use his sons as stellar examples but had strange, almost fictional for want of a better word, examples. They also seemed totally unrealistic. I'm making this one up but along the lines of: Little Eric saved his pennies and bought a chicken. He used the money from the eggs he sold to buy more chickens and a coop. He sold the chickens to buy pigs. He sold the bacon to buy cows. He sold the milk to buy land and horses. Then he built his house with the proceeds from his cheese factory. Now aged 20, Eric has a thriving dairy and horse farm, a cheese factory, and a debt-free house. Eric can start courting.

Does anyone else remember that? Sparkle? You have a great memory for Maxwell minutia. :)

By the way, the Maxwells are offering a whopping 19% discount for people who want to buy the Raising Sons Trilogy: Buying a House Debt-Free, Preparing Sons to Provide for a Single-Income Family, and Redeeming the Time. Steve, why not go wild and offer 20% off. So much easier to calculate!

They read somewhere that retailers sell things at $19.99 because that sounds better than $20 and conflated price with discount

They read somewhere that retailers sell things at $19.99 because that sounds better than $20 and conflated price with discount

:lol: You nailed it!

Can anyone shed any light on John's irrigation business and the CID and CAIS qualifications he claims? I'm still wondering whether it is a viable business. I know nothing about irrigation so all I've grasped is -- it's not a domestic lawn sprinkler system business!

Here's the link to the new and much improved website again: maxwellirrigation.com

What I find interesting is that Steve has been so closed-mouthed about John having obviously worked hard to get what seem to be legitimate agricultural certifications. I'm surprised he is not shouting the news from the treetops as an example of a Maxwell establishing a great home business.

It reminds me of a discussion we had about the weird examples he used in the Buying a House Debt-Free book. Oddly, he did not use his sons as stellar examples but had strange, almost fictional for want of a better word, examples. They also seemed totally unrealistic. I'm making this one up but along the lines of: Little Eric saved his pennies and bought a chicken. He used the money from the eggs he sold to buy more chickens and a coop. He sold the chickens to buy pigs. He sold the bacon to buy cows. He sold the milk to buy land and horses. Then he built his house with the proceeds from his cheese factory. Now aged 20, Eric has a thriving dairy and horse farm, a cheese factory, and a debt-free house. Eric can start courting.

Does anyone else remember that? Sparkle? You have a great memory for Maxwell minutia. :)

By the way, the Maxwells are offering a whopping 19% discount for people who want to buy the Raising Sons Trilogy: Buying a House Debt-Free, Preparing Sons to Provide for a Single-Income Family, and Redeeming the Time. Steve, why not go wild and offer 20% off. So much easier to calculate!

Ask and ye shall receive, my child.

blog.titus2.com/2014/03/03/how-one-young-man-purchased-his-home-debt-free/

I can't remember my home phone number but if the Maxwells ever came up as a Jeopardy category, I'm so there. I think I should be worried…

Ask and ye shall receive, my child.

blog.titus2.com/2014/03/03/how-one-young-man-purchased-his-home-debt-free/

I can't remember my home phone number but if the Maxwells ever came up as a Jeopardy category, I'm so there. I think I should be worried…

Thank you! You are wonderful. :D

I wasn't that far off, although young Eric started with bees and ended in real estate. It's only a matter of time before he's Lord Mayor of London. He is the Dick Whittington of Fundies minus a cat!

Guys, I just....can't...

One of the responses on the Titus 2 blog to the post about John going "international" (bolding mine):

Praying for John! Which country? That is so wonderful. One of our sons desires to go abroad, but we’re not sure God is calling him to that. How did y’all come to this conclusion? Our son is very determined, but we believe family life is best. Would love some encouragement from y’all. Prayers for John as he follows the Lord’s calling.

In Christ,

Christina

—

The country will be anonymous. In answer to your other question, lots of prayer!

Unless their son is 14 years old. I'd say that if he desires to go abroad, God IS calling him to do that. What is it with these people who are so hell bent to raise good Christian soldiers for God's Army, but then are afraid to let them out of the house?? Their lack of confidence in their childults and their own ability to parent is difficult impossible for me to understand.

Honestly, the whole "the country will remain anonymous" bit is just so stupid. It's not like he's heading off to Syria to join ISIS. It's just normal curiosity, Steve. Other than that, no one—even your leg-humpers—really gives a shit.

Archived