IGNORED

John "The Hot One" Maxwell Leaving the Country

nausicaa

Hey, Maxwells! Mexico isn't "overseas." SOTDRT fail.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The blog post doesn't say "overseas"? Did they change it?

Did it originally say "overseas" instead of "international"? So confuzzed.

From the first post in this thread, here's the quote from the blog. No mention of international OR overseas, just "leaving the country."

John is leaving the country to visit friends who teach English as a second language. Please pray for travel safety and for adjustments as he adapts to life in a different culture. We’ll be sharing his adventures through pictures on the blog, so keep an eye for updates over the coming weeks!

Love,

Sarah

From the first post in this thread, here's the quote from the blog. No mention of international OR overseas, just "leaving the country."

I bet we all jumped to overseas because of the "teach English". Anyone in education sees recruitments for opportunities to teach English overseas- usually Asia or middle East- rich countries or for the elite in poor countries. I have never seen one for Mexico, central or south America.

source- husband in education for 20+ years and has looked at the opportunities a few times.

Hope he's not leaving Maxhell to enter someone else's hell. Wonder if he speaks any other language. Is he going there (wherever it is) to help? Is he bringing book samples?

So I guess Steve's gotten over his paranoia that TSA agents might possibly get their jollies via a full Maxwell body scan, huh? Wasn't his main reason why the family didn't travel by air that he thought the security measures would violate their modesty? Unless John plans on driving wherever he's going, he'll have to go through the same security checks as the rest of us mere mortals.

My guess is that he's going to Central or South America.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if he was going to visit the other Elissa, the one who comments on the blog in Spanish as well as English and is somewhere in Central or South America, I forget where. Then when they decide to court, Steve can rename her -- Elissa Marie, of course. :lol:

My guess would be he's doing this with an ATI/IBLP group or other extremely conservative missionary society or similar, but I hope there is a cute girl in the picture--one with enough backbone to say "Run free, John!"

What if he doesn't keep up with Bible time while he's away?! :pink-shock:

I'll get excited when one of the daughters takes a solo trip out of the country.

Or to Kansas City, or to the Leavenworth public library.

Is it just me, or does that photo with Bethany look like it was taken on a college campus? People have backpacks, there is a golf cart, and the buildings have that college campus look. Hm.

That is awesome, go John. He seems like the most independent out of them, cause he went with Uriah alone. I wonder why Steve is letting him do all of these things, but not Sarah, who is older than him.

Unfortunately the others left at home are still completely screwed and probably couldn't cope with just going to the supermarket by themselves with money and picking something to make for dinner. Unless they were with a chaperone, and Steve had prayed with them for three hours and then told them exactly what to buy.

Teri had mentioned in one of her Corners way back that one of the sons was interested in going to the "mission field" as they say.

That son mentioned how he wished they could travel more even as they were pulling in the driveway after being away for several weeks for their dog and pony shows.

Anyone remember that Corner and which son that was? Was it John?

I've thought about that Corner over the years (it was quite awhile back) and wondered why that son never followed through (figured Steve was not allowing it). So maybe it was John and maybe he finally grew a pair, idk.

Speaking of the dog and pony shows, I think this is the final nail (Uriah being sold was 2nd last nail) in that coffin. I feel bad for the female "children" as those trips were probably a highlight of their dreary lives.

I remember that - John being interested in missionary work! I also remember a post by Teri describing one of the children (when younger) as questioning and always asking a lot of "Whys". I'm thinking this might be John. What terrific resolve he must have to stand up to Steve who rules with such an iron fist. What a great example he is for his siblings. Go John and don't mind that evil x-ray machine at the airport!

I bet we all jumped to overseas because of the "teach English". Anyone in education sees recruitments for opportunities to teach English overseas- usually Asia or middle East- rich countries or for the elite in poor countries. I have never seen one for Mexico, central or south America.

Triplet1 taught English as a foreign language in Ecuador, last academic year, so there definitely are EFL opportunities in South America.

Is it just me, or does that photo with Bethany look like it was taken on a college campus? People have backpacks, there is a golf cart, and the buildings have that college campus look. Hm.

I think it's the zoo/safari park place.

1.) John edits out God from his business website

2.) He is leaving his family to go live somewhere else for awhile.

Hmm. If those are the facts it is hard not to read the situation as John pulling away from his father's control. Is it possible that there is a money crunch? Could "Making Great Conversationalists" and "Energize" been big fat failures? Maybe John has seen Joseph's wedded bliss and decided to strike out on his own to widen the field so to speak-- after all, he can't be meeting too many young women stuck in Maxhell.

The country will remain anonymous!! Why? He isn't going to teach ESL. Oh well.

I just read the comments on their post. Stevehovah is asked repeatedly which country and robotically answers "The country will remain anonymous." WTF? is he so scared that if he NAMES the country someone will try to kidnap his precious son? Paranoid, much? Just by writing "Nicaragua" he will lose his readers? I honestly cannot think of a sane reason not to call the country by name. He doesn't have to tell us the city or village, he doesn't have to give us the dates but this whole "mystery country" during "vague time frame" is just bizarre.

I just read the comments on their post. Stevehovah is asked repeatedly which country and robotically answers "The country will remain anonymous." WTF? is he so scared that if he NAMES the country someone will try to kidnap his precious son? Paranoid, much? Just by writing "Nicaragua" he will lose his readers? I honestly cannot think of a sane reason not to call the country by name. He doesn't have to tell us the city or village, he doesn't have to give us the dates but this whole "mystery country" during "vague time frame" is just bizarre.

Typical Steve. Never, EVER give details, just vague hints. It's the same thing in their blog, Corners and books. Identities, locations and incident specifics are stripped away. Even their commenters have their names changed. So much paranoia yet they publish their house address and phone number on their website. Go figure.

Triplet1 taught English as a foreign language in Ecuador, last academic year, so there definitely are EFL opportunities in South America.

I did not know that! Thanks for sharing!

Did it originally say "overseas" instead of "international"? So confuzzed.

The title of the blog post reads "JOHN GOES INTERNATIONAL"

I'm betting it's Mexico.

When I lived in Canada I had an opportunity to drive down to Mexico, so I'd assume the Maxwells would do the same. I can't snark on them much for not wanting to go through the body scanner. Personally, I'd prefer a pat down. The only time I've gone flying since 9-11 was to go international - meaning across an ocean.

What we know:

1. John has friends (plural!) who aren't family members. Alert the presses!

2. These friends teach English in a foreign country.

3. John will soon be traveling (or already has traveled) to this foreign country by himself in order to visit these friends.

4. He will be staying there for two weeks.

5. We do not know which country he will be traveling to.

Anything else? [i'm in a list-making mood]

Also,

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I just checked and John does not appear to have purchased a house.

On the irrigation website, the picture of the truck is still flipped. Get that fixed, Stevie!

I think he's just embarrassed because they didn't realize that "New Mexico" is not a foreign country...

:roll:

The country will remain anonymous, and he’ll be there about 2 weeks. No ambition to teach ESL ;).

Two weeks? This is a "marriage investigation" courtship trip, I just feel it in my bones. As to the country, my guess is Mexico.

Archived